Start by marking “Logan (Montana Creeds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1)

Logan

(Montana Creeds #1)

Descendants of the legendary McKettrick family, the Creeds are renowned in Stillwater Springs, Montana--for raising hell...After years of wandering, Logan Creed, a cowboy with a dusty law degree, has returned home. To put down roots, to restore his family's neglected ranch...to have kids of his own proudly bearing the Creed name.

Divorced mom Briana Grant has heard the
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Logan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Logan

Start your review of Logan (Montana Creeds, #1)
Ridley
Oct 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
I wavered between three and four stars for this book.

On the one hand, Miller has written a wonderful book of fully fleshed out characters. The children are neither too wise nor too cute. Alec, 8 and Josh, 10 are as exasperating and wonderful as boys that age are in real life. Their mother Briana is holding it together as a single mom after getting dumped at Wal-Mart by her husband. She's not played out as a heroic WonderMom, but as your average woman doing what she must, occasionally doing
jenjn79
Oct 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: series spin-off
I held off on starting this series until I had all three books and could read them together (which wasn't a long wait since they were released in consecutive months). But I'm glad I got to finally start because I enjoyed the first book a lot.

The Montana Creeds series is a spin-off of Miller's popular McKettricks series. The Creeds are distant cousins of the McKettricks, but unlike the McKettricks, who are a very close family, the Creeds are in shambles. When Jake Creed died years ago, his three
Jenny
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
I really loved this book. I havn't read any of her McKittrick clan books, but this starts out the Montana Creed series, which are the McKittrick's cousins. The first three books: Logan, Dylan, and Tyler follow a set of 3 brothers. They all share the same father, and each had a different mother. They don't get along, having fought on the night they buried their father. This is Logan's story, and it's a good one. He comes home to the now deplapidated family ranch to restore, put down the ghosts of ...more
Christel
Nov 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers
Recommended to Christel by: Linda Lael Miller website
The beginnings of a new series from Miller. The Creeds are connected to the McKettrick and Stone Creek Series. I enjoyed reading this one. The Creeds are the exact opposite of the McKettricks and it shows in the dialog between the brothers. I can barely wait until the second one is out so I can read it.
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Challenges:
RRRC June 2018 Monthly Challenge #2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses -DEMETER
Megan
Cute book. I want to read the other 2 brothers books next. This was my first book by Linda Lael Miller, but definitely not the last.
Kristi
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Another decent read by Linda Lael Miller. There were a few uses of deity, which in my opinion were completely unnecessary. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and felt they were well developed.
I thought that Briana was a strong female and did the best she could with the hand she had been dealt. Josh and Alec were great kids even if they got on my nerves a little with the back and forth bickering. But that's what kids do...lol. Logan was amazing!

I love how the author gives the characters
Jennifer Estep
Montana Creeds: Logan by Linda Lael Miller is the first book in her Montana Creeds contemporary western romance series.

Logan Creed has come home to Montana to restore the family ranch. What he doesn't expect to find is Briana Grant and her two sons living on his brother, Dylan's, part of the property. Logan might be estranged from Dylan and his other brother, Tyler, but he finds himself becoming attached to Briana and her boys. But things get complicated when Briana's ex-husband comes back to
Jane Stewart
Sep 28, 2010 rated it liked it
It was a pleasant, nice story. Somewhat predictable.

STORY BRIEF:
Logan and his two brothers lost their parents years ago. The three brothers had a fight and all three left home. They inherited their dad’s Montana ranch, but it stood vacant for 12 years. Now, Logan returns to the ranch to start working it as a cattle ranch. He also wants to find a wife and start a family.

Two years ago, Brianna’s husband abandoned her and her two sons nearby. She has been living in the small house on the ranch. The
Inara
After some years Logan Creed returns home to the family ranch he and his two brothers have inherited after the death of their father. The brothers had a huge fight at the funeral and they left the ranch to go their separate ways and since that time they have never spoken to each other again. Logan wants to go back to his roots, confront his past, make the ranch work again and hopefully reconcile with his brothers. Barely arrived he makes the acquaintance of single-mom Briana Grant who struggles ...more
Susan
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
While reading this book I had a feeling that I'd read it before. Sure enough, I had, but never finished and now know why. While this book was easy to read and the author has a way with words, I found the heroine totally without humor, afraid of her own shadow and basicallya doom and gloom type person. Beats me how the hero found her so attractive! I realize, due to her circumstances, she wanted to be cautious, but really, it was pretty extreme in my opinion, and felt like she trusted no one.

The
Wendy
Feb 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance lovers/cowboy lovers
I enjoyed this book. I liked that it was placed in a modern setting and that the characters have real problems. Briana is a single mom trying to raise two boys on her own, with all of the problems that are normal for that territory. Logan is a man coming home after being gone for several years. He needs to reconcile his feelings about his Father and his brothers while trying to get his ranch back in order. Their story is nice because there are the boys that need a strong father figure yet need ...more
Barb
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
He's finally returned to Stillwater Springs, planning to restore his family's neglected ranch--hoping he'll eventually have a family of his own. His neighbor, divorced mom Briana Grant, has heard all the stories about him, so she's surprised--and thrilled--with Logan's protectiveness and his kindness to her young boys. Especially when her ex reappears on the scene. And when an unknown enemy vandalizes her home...
i just love how Linda Lael Miller describes her scenes. Makes you feel like you can
Mareli
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was good. Lacking a bit of passion but it was good. I'm a goner for dogs/cats and children so I already knew from the start that I was reading something I would liked.

I love the story of those 3 brothers, Logan, Dylan and Tyler. They have the same father but three different mothers. They're having a falling out because of crude words told by Logan the day of their father funeral. SInce then they've been estranged.

But Logan is back for good. He wants a wife and children. He wants roots.

Really
Eileen
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is supposed to be the beginning of a new series, but it's also an extension of older ones. The Creeds and the McKettricks are mentioned and it was confusing at first. I haven't finished the McKettrick series, so I'm not sure where the connection is.

In the beginning it was frustrating because it had been a long time since I read a book about the Creeds. However, once I got past the beginning everything was fine.

This book is very fast paced with a lot going on at once, but the story
Emily
Apr 09, 2010 rated it liked it
3.5 I read this as part of a challenge and found it fairly enjoyable. The character of Logan was one I liked quite a bit. Briana wasn't as 'fun' for me, but she wasn't completely annoying either, which is ALWAYS a plus for me. *LoL*

I'll more likely than not pick up the second in the series from the library, as the Creeds and their history interest me. Hopefully I'll enjoy the protagonists in it as much as I enjoyed Logan in this.
Kelsie
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy romances? What? What? I didn't even know this genre existed until I ordered a book for a patron last week! I can say that after reading this, I am happy that they do! "Logan" was a fun change of pace read for me. I will be definitely check out more from this author.
Ann
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Linda Lael Miller books love the Creed's can't get enough of them these are the kind of books I love to reread all the time
B.A. Wilson
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, western
A book fairy recently gifted many books to my personal library, so I decided to give this one a try.

This is a classic formula romance novel with a western feel and an HEA. I liked it, but there were a few things that just didn't sit right with me. Either they weren't explained well, or they just weren't believable. The storyline and pacing of the plot was spot on for this type of story, but the pacing in the relationships between characters felt off to me, both too slow at times and too fast at
Deborah Gebhardt
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Linda
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is about Logan Creed, the oldest of the Creed brothers. Logan ran an internet law firm located in Vegas before deciding to return to his home place in Stillwater Springs, MT to refurbish the family ranch. In Montana, he finds his old home is rundown but he also meets an interesting neighbor who has moved into his brother’s house as caretaker. Briana is a supervisor at the local casino and has two little boys. She tells Logan that she met his brother when her husband abandoned her and the ...more
Jenn
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Tamara
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complete Story

This story takes this reader on a journey through what trials and tribulations both the hero and heroine experienced up to the point they met. It throws in real things like balony sandwiches, spreading a thin paycheck between paychecks, ex’s, old nemesis and family strife that needs to heal.

I enjoyed the story of Logan and Briana story of coming together and being a normal not over the top family, with Alec and Josh as Logan’s instant fatherhood as her boys stepfather.
Teri-K
There was a lot to like in this story about a single Mom barely getting by and the town's bad boy - now a twice divorced attorney - coming home to restore the family ranch and name. But at times it really seemed to drag. And though I liked and understood Logan, Briana never became a real person; at times she didn't make sense to me, but mostly she just reacted to things and felt pretty blank. And all the kerfuffle at the end didn't fit the rest of the story. So 2 stars. Though I do like the ...more
Richard Guerrero
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I feel this book was better than the first two books I read from this author, that was the one with Lily and Emma. I enjoyed the characters in the story line however, like the others it goes a little too much for me. The author has a habit of going on and on.this one at least kept my attention a little more. I see Logan loves his homemade sandwiches, it seem like in about a one Dash two hour he ate at least 3 to 5 sandwiches. Then again, as much good hard sex they have, that builds up a person’s ...more
L.
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, finished
Enjoyed the story. I don't read many romance stories but this one had a decent tale to tell and quite a bit of action in it. I had read one other book by Ms. Miller, a Christmas story, but this is the first one of her regular novels, just bought one to see if I would enjoy her writing. The book only cost me ten cents but gave me hours of entertainment. I may hunt for more of Ms. Miller's books next time.
Jennifer C
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
Awesome contemporary romance. The story was fast paced and engaging. The characters were likable and relate-able. And the author addressed things that happened too fast making them perfectly acceptable. It was great. My only issue with it - she used the word Yahoo too many times. It became annoying and started to look like she was challenged at the end of the book to incorporate it as much as she could in the story line. The first use of it was awesome. After that, it seemed forced.
Niki
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Who doesn't love the story about a hot cowboy who has returned home to run his falling down ranch. Of course the fact that he is now a lawyer and filthy rich doesn't hurt at all either. I sure love it.
Susan E Sekscinski
Loved this book

Linda Miller writes prose in an easy to read style. The book is full of believable characters and believable everyday events that might occur in small towns in the west. I enjoyed every page.

• Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • Sullivan's Promise (Bitter Creek #12)
  • Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2)
  • Wyoming Legend (Wyoming Men, #8)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Hometown Heartbreaker (Copper Ridge, #3.5)
  • The Lone Texan (Whispering Mountain, #4)
  • Protector (Long, Tall Texans, #43)
  • Wind River Lawman
  • Baby Business (Texas Rascals #11)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • Invincible (Long, Tall Texans #44)
  • Unbroken Cowboy (Gold Valley, #5)
  • Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #39)
  • Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10)
  • Wyoming Tough (Wyoming Men, #1)
  • Seduce Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #3)
The daughter of a town marshal, Linda Lael Miller is a #1 New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. Raised in Northport, Washington, Linda pursued her wanderlust, living in London and Arizona and traveling the world before returning to the state of her birth to settle down on a spacious property ...more

Montana Creeds (7 books)
  • Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2)
  • Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3)
  • A Creed Country Christmas (Montana Creeds, #4)
  • A Creed In Stone Creek (Montana Creeds, #5)
  • Creed's Honor (Montana Creeds, #6)
  • The Creed Legacy (Montana Creeds, #7)
“Tal vez había cambiado de verdad. Y tal vez, si ella se ponía unas zapatillas rojas y entrechocaba los talones, aparecía en Kansas.” 1 likes