Start by marking “Strangeways” as Want to Read:
Strangeways

Strangeways

Their invasion of our world nonviolent, seamless.

I dont understand how no one else can see what I see? That their beauty is a trap.

They have come here
Published January 13th 2020 by Addison Cain

To ask other readers questions about Strangeways, please sign up.
Fay I think it will be available on January 28th in other forms :)

Start your review of Strangeways
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
50656292._SY475_

So this was a really enjoyable and different short read.
Phi and Emily, he's an alien newly arrived on earth, she is the human that has captured his attention.
Emily also feels an instant connection to Phi despite him being a totally different species.
So Earthmen are dying out, they are not living past 40 years and the women of Earth now vastly outnumber them.
The aliens arrived in their ships a year ago, they arrived peacefully and without a shred of violence or any manner of force.
Are they
Sophia Triad
This is an amazing "alien invasion"/"end of the world as we know it"/ "alien boys love girls next door" book.

If you like stories with
aliens
aliens with weird body parts
aliens with tentacles
aliens who don't force and don't manipulate but only make "suggestions" (...as if)

Then
You will most probably love this story.
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Not a bad read, but too short to be a great one either. Even in its expanded form (from an anthology) it's 20k words. Weirdly, it dragged in some places and then seemed to speed in others. The sex scenes weren't as good as I've come to expect from this author and there was no real conflict or drama, so the story had no climax.

To be perfectly honest, I would prefer that Cain complete one of the many ongoing series she currently has instead of constantly starting new ones/releasing standalones
Meredith
$3.99 for 86 pages is too much. I really hope other authors don't copy this shit.

lol I'm coming back to this review because it's a little harsh. I look forward to giving this book a try when/if the price ever comes down :-)
Caitiebelle
Tell me what you want. Give me the opportunity to prove I can make you happy.

The earth is under an alien invasion and Emily is a waitress who struggles to get by. She's got a lot of things on her mind - like the fact that the human males seem to not get much past 30 suddenly, her brother's gambling problems along with his dependency on her to feed and house his own wife and kids.

The world-building is interesting and I liked it. Phy is one of these aliens who has invaded earth and finds
Sissy's Romance Book Review
3.5 Stars
Strangeways by Addison Cain is the story of Phi and Emily.
Emily is a waitress who is works hard and feels burnt out. Phi is a Alien who along with his co-aliens have come to earth to mate with women. Phi has chosen her which she is confused why he would want her. This was just a quick hot read that didn't touch deep into the characters relationship. I overall enjoyed it.
Joyffree
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
I'm a bit freaked out by the possibilities this tale presented
Phi's race arrives on planet earth and is embraced without question
Seems the humans were easily swayed with their herd mentality to accept that they had come in peace.
The path of less resistance, less thinking -
Scary how true that is

Except for a few who questioned the events - well when they were able to temporarily lift the fog that is - Our sweet Emily was one of those few who stood out amongst the flock. Also what landed her in
Mari (Smut Duchess)
This was certainly a different sci-fi romance. Emily is a waitress barely surviving on an Earth that's controlled by aliens. Men have become rare and seldom live past 40. Work is hard to get. After a particularly bad day Emily catches the eye of alien Phi. What I found appalling was the insidiousness of the aliens. They're able to keep people calm while they ingratiate themselves in all aspects of human life. Emily knows there's something 'off' about Phi, she isn't particularly interested in a ...more
Horsegirl1985
I love everything I read by Addison Cain. This is a SCI-FI romance and the setting is in a congested city post alien invasion. These aliens are compatible to breed human females and this works out well for the aliens since the male humans are mysteriously dying in their early 30s.

Emily is a waitress in an upscale restaurant. She serves Phi and there is instant attraction. Phi decides to persuade Emily that she is his. The two fall into bed together and Emily realizes just how convincing Phi can
Jacqueline J
This book is 86 pages. Amazon tells me typical time to read is 2 hours. Who takes 2 hours to read 20 minutes worth of story?

It was okay. Neither really romantic nor really smutty. Characterization wasnt really there. The ending was a let down since you didnt get a pay off by learning what was truly going on with the (view spoiler)
Amanda Perkins
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4½⭐

How do I review this one without spoiling it?

Addison Cain can write one mind-fuck of a story when she sets herself to the task. She loves to go to dark and disturbing placesit's her M.O.but this short about a quiet invasion of Earth is a trip. Written in a way that makes your skin crawl and keeps you off-balance, I kept questioning what was real and what wasn't in this narrative, right up until the ending. (view spoiler)
Addison Cain
Jan 25, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
🔥 NEW RELEASE ALERT! 🔥

I wanted to give you all a sweet surprise, so I released STRANGEWAYS early... because I LOVE YOU! And because you are going to be in love with Phi and Emily!!!

★★★★★ Beyond twisted and filthy hot, Strangeways is the most unique sci-fi romance I've read in years! NYT Bestselling author, Anna Zaires

★★★★★ Addison Cain, the corrupter of innocents and maven of all things dark and primal, has decided to mess with all of our minds by giving us a sensual and charming romance...
Darkreads
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I went into Srangeways expecting a bit of naughty alien fun, but wound up getting so much more! This may be my favorite alien invasion/romance story to-date. I could feel the oppressive atmosphere of Emily's existence and her struggle not to succumb to her daily grind. Addison Cain can truly tap into the human psyche and convey her characters' emotional experience to her readers in such a way that we wind up living it right along with them. Phi is such a mysterious (and hot!!!) presence in ...more
Kristy Mills
This has the potential to be so good. I know this is just a novella, but there seemed to be so much missing in the end. So many questions still unanswered that I felt unfulfilled by this story.

I think this is the beginning of a series, but I cant help but wonder why she bothered publishing this instead of a whole story.

In this book earth has been invaded by aliens. They came and integrated themselves with much ease. Too much ease. The heroine in this book wonders why nobody questions anything
Michelle E
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"My position in your life, your placement in mine, is inevitable."

Emily is a waitress barely getting by in life when Phi enters her world.   He is an alien whose kind have taken up residence on earth as the male species is dying off.   Is his arrival a coincidence?  Phi has taken an interest in Emily, wanting a relationship were they both 'assimilate' but you wonder to whose benefit?

Throughout the story I am trying to guess what Phi's true intentions are.   His sole purpose seems to be to give
Loni
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Overall I'm a huge fan of Addison Cain and her books however, this one fell short. The topic is an interesting twist for Cain's books, extraterrestrials invading Earth looking for mates. This novella is less than 100 pages long which makes the steep price of $3.99 ridiculous. It isn't only the price or how long the book is that makes me dislike it, the writing style is odd. I know that sounds weird but the entire tone of the book can be described as a memory not the present. The main character ...more
Jenny B
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Phi and Emily's story is a quick one and definitely does not follow the typical pattern for a romance. I found this story to be a quick read and full of heat and completely original. It was fun reading how the characters were learning and assimilating to one another and where their story takes them.
Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)
5 stars if this were horror

1 star if this is romance

Every sex scene involves:
- blood
- pain
- mental manipulation
- non/con from the female

And the male alien is stealing human features from her, and shes turning more alien

Super creepy, awesome premise; but not what I think Cain was aiming for lol
Kathi
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Original Sci-fi Alien Romance!!

Rumor has it this is a rewrite of her first published story. Love this take on the arrival of aliens. Human males are dying out around the age of 40. Alien males are finding females who are compatible and working to perpetuate both species.

Totally unique, completely captivating.

**I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book**
Mette
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet and soft story for Addison Cain 😳
MsMoxy
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An alien invasion by which the objective is to assimilate the female population through pleasure. Sounds like my kinda ultimate fantasy.

What a deliciously scrumptious read. A guilty pleasure I devoured.

I enjoyed this quick little bedtime read.

Now off to la la land to dream me up some Phi!

Mom2three
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Somehow I haven't read this one before, even though I know it's a re-release of a story that was in an anthology. Because of this, it is a shorter, fast-paced adventure with a lot of sexiness. I'm torn as to whether or not the story needed more. Part of me would have liked it to move a little bit slower and I would have loved to spend more time with the characters. The other part of me thinks that if it was lengthened it would lose some of it's charm. I do hope that is spins off into a series of ...more
s/c
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointingly fluffy

I love Addison Cain's books, especially her Wren's Song series which is by far and away my favourite Omegaverse series, so I was looking forward to reading Strangeways, especially as it has had really positive reviews about how different it was. I assumed that meant for the alien romance genre, but it turned out it meant different from the rest of her writing. This book was OK - a sweet, romantic alien love story with a bit of hot tentacle-enhanced sex thrown in. No plot
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

Strangeways is a quick but great read by Addison Cain. It flows and keeps you going all the way to the very end. It was nice to read something different and enlightening. I couldn't put this story down until the very end.
Renee
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review.

I have been chosen. One moment I was leaving work, the next I was entertaining a silvery-green alien intent on knowing me fully. Their invasion of our world nonviolent, seamless. They dress as human men, eat in human restaurants, vote, pay taxes, and are controlling every last one of us. I don't understand how no one else can see what I see? That their beauty is a trap. They have come here for the women, intent on creating life
Lauren Royal-Woods
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Strangeways is a very quick read, so if youre looking for a short, steamy story, this should do you for a couple of hours if you are a voracious reader like I am. With the only negative out of the way, this is a very sexy, but thought provoking story. It is set in a world where aliens have shown up out of nowhere, but oddly, everyone seems to be fine with this world-altering event like its an everyday occurrence as the aliens make themselves right at home. Thus begins the tale of Emily and Phi, ...more
Kayla
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bookmum
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Hot alien alpha and a strong ethnic woman equals amazing sexy times!!! This is another book that I would say is not (in my opinion) the norm for mistress Cain, although it is amazing!!!!
Aliens come to earth to mate with women, in a way it's a good thing as the men of Earth are sick and don't live long lives. The issue is everything is not as it seems!!!
Emily works as a waitress to support herself and her brothers family, the sickness is taking hold. She meets Phi while serving him and her whole
Ri
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it

I had previously read this story when it was part of an anthology. It was one of my favorites from that collection. I am a little disappointed that this wasn't expanded on. That was what I was hoping for when I saw that she was turning it into a solo story. I would have to go back and look at the anthology but I don't remember anything being different.

That being said, this is still good. Great world-building, an interesting storyline that could all be to close to home for me it was to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Omega, Suppressed
  • Compulsion: A Myth of Omega Standalone
  • Destroyed (Omega’s Destruction, #3)
  • Choosing Her Alpha
  • Candescent: A Myth of Omega Standalone
  • The Omega Rule (Omegas of the New South #1)
  • Marked
  • Cave Alien (Ancient Earth Aliens)
  • Raider’s Treasure (Alpha Barbarians #1)
  • Andorra Sector (X-Clan #1)
  • Dreikx (Hordesmen #5)
  • Ward, A Dark Romance
  • Kian (The Boundarylands, #1)
  • Damaged (Omega’s Destruction, #2)
  • Ruthless Control (The Controllers, #6)
  • December (The Sacred Omegas #1)
  • Bear's Honor (Alpha Barbarians #2)
  • Alpha's Redemption (Omegas of Pandora #6)
USA TODAY bestselling author and Amazon Top 25 bestselling author, Addison Cain is best known for her dark romances, smoldering paranormal suspense, and twisted alien worlds. Her antiheroes are not always redeemable, her lead females stand fierce, and nothing is ever as it seems.

Deep and sometimes heart wrenching, her books are not for the faint of heart. But they are just right for those who

News & Interviews