Start by marking “The Nutcracker Conspiracy (Thorny Rose #4)” as Want to Read:
The Nutcracker Conspiracy (Thorny Rose #4)

The Nutcracker Conspiracy

(Thorny Rose Mysteries #4)

Three years ago, the nation gasped in horror when the President of the United States barely escaped an assassination attempt that left two dead—the vice president’s wife and the attempted assassin. Even after numerous investigations proved otherwise, conspiracy theorists argue that the assassin was acting on orders from the CIA, FBI, and every federal agency within a ...more
Published January 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Nutcracker Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nutcracker Conspiracy

Start your review of The Nutcracker Conspiracy (Thorny Rose #4)
Sherry Fundin
Is that a lycanthrope that stole that hamburger patty right out of Orville’s hands? LOL

I think I know the answer to that question. The critters in Lauren Carr’s books have distinctive personalities that have me laughing, and at times worrying about them.

Newman is a basset hound TV addict. Don’t mess with his remote. Gnarly, a German Shepherd, is a force of nature. Spencer is the sweet loving female of the group.

Archie has her own thoughts on the death of the vice president’s wife and I do love a
Jypsy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you IRead and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Lauren Carr

*REVIEW*
I've been fortunate to read several of Lauren Carr's books, and each one has been enjoyable. The Nutcracker Conspiracy did not disappoint. This is a thrilling read full of mystery, intrigue, suspense and drama, all in the grip of Washington D.C and the kind of conspiracy theories you might expect in this type of climate.
Laura Thomas
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I love this series and I’m thrilled to get back to it.

So much worked in this book. The characters were complex. Many of them were favorites I’d encountered in the previous books. The mystery was convoluted. Something caught my attention and pointed to who was behind the crimes. Later, something else kind of confirmed it for me. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was way off the mark and it was someone else. I think those misdirection’s Lauren planted were intentional and very clever.

There
Emilie Davis
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fasten your seatbelt!! You are in for a great ride!!

I have always loved Lauren Carr' s books. Many of the books are based Robin Spencer's family that she knew about, but never acknowledged and left all of her money. Others still deal with law enforcement and characters often cross over from one series to another. Even though they are all stand alones, it is always good to know how the whole thing started. This one - The Nutcracker Conspiracy - was jam packed with action and are a wee bit more
Dawn
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I have read several of Lauren Carr’s books, and I always enjoy them, but this is my favorite so far. I like her humor, and I usually smile or giggle several times when reading one of her books, but The Nutcracker Conspiracy made me actually laugh out loud several times. While there was humor, there was plenty of mystery and drama with several twists.

The book starts with an
Carla
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow – this is one INCREDIBLE novel that I could not put down. It had me on the edge of my seat and I can honestly say that I never saw the end coming. It was full of suspense, action but also humour (done in a way that only Lauren can accomplish).

The book starts off with the murder of the vice president’s wife which led to the Nutcracker Conspiracy – that someone wanted the President dead and somehow the CIA, FBI and law enforcement were all in on it. Following her murder, eleven additional
kelly duncan
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!!

This is one of my favorite books so far!!!! Its always interesting and keeps you wanting more!!!! I love the thorny rose series!!!! Murphy and Jessie make such an amazing team with a love story for the ages!!!!
Marilyn R.
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Nutcracker Conspiracy - book #4 in author Lauren Carr's Thorny Rose Mystery series - offers a wild and complicated ride. It is a political thriller full of head spinning twists and turns. Intriguing clues are offered along the way to guide you, but the complicated plot is one that will keep you guessing until the final chapter.

The book opens with a scene from the past. The US president and first lady, along with the vice president and his wife, are at a performance of The Nutcracker. During
Rhonda
Jan 31, 2020 added it
Twisty as ever

Lots of mystery, danger, humor and lots of friends to see again. Including a famous small town mayor who is a hero,a thief and has four legs. Gnarly is visiting.
Murphy boss turns up missing. Crouch doesn't like him.
Jessica's friends are caught up in a conspiracy.
Loved the book.
Michele bookloverforever
What appears to be 2 separate mysteries changes into three then back to two. Lots of obfuscation, fed herrings. I guessed the villain right away but for the wrong reasons....good story.
Angela Thompson
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Carr offers readers mysteries and characters to love. As with most of the author's novels, readers are faced with multiple murders and mysterious events--and a number of mini-plots and side stories that keep the story moving well and add to the twists and turns. The author has a knack for giving every character (canine, feline and human) a distinct personality that series readers come to love and expect with each novel. The Nutcracker Conspiracy builds on the relationships and characters ...more
Amy
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
In author Carr's latest, we are headed back to the Thorny Rose mansion and we get to spend some time with Murphy and Jessica Thornton.

The beginning of the story sets up our mystery, three years previously an assassination attempt was made on the President of the United States. He was ok but the VP's wife did not make it. What really happened that fateful evening has had many conspiracy theorists only guessing. However, Murphy finds out from an annoying acquaintance that there are a lot of
Leila
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a good conspiracy mystery and this one was loaded with mystery, murders, cover ups and “who done it”!

Per usual, there was more than one case happening at once – one that initially appears to be linked with the other.

I felt this time, there were many more characters, more deaths, more “frame jobs”, more cover ups than previous Lauren Carr reads (I may be slightly obsessed with Lauren’s mysteries) and the depth of the “conspiracy” made the entire mystery all the more enjoyable to figure
IslandRiverScribe
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Just Saying"

Alternately funny and tense, this latest entry in the Thorny Rose series absolutely abounds with twists and turns. One minute you think that the conspiracy is government-oriented and then the next minute you wonder if it is really corporate espionage. Then it seems as if it's actually both at the same time with the same set of players. Yep, plenty of twists and turns to absorb.

And, as far as the murders are concerned, your mind gets a real workout trying to decide if He, She or They
Lindsay
Are you a fan of Murphy and Jessica? Then do not look much further than that of Lauren Carr. The Thorny Rose Mystery is picked up once again. We find that Murphy and Jessica are in the thick of things once again in “The Nutcracker Conspiracy”.

The plot seems to be interconnected a bit. Is it just that or is it two different things but involvement. This book seems too real like it really as if I am in real-world experience in my time. There seem to be Jessica who seems to in the middle of
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think I have read my favorite Lauren Carr novel, the next one from her TOPS it. This was not surprisingly my FAVORITE book so far and that is difficult to do. I don't know how this author can sleep with so many fantastic plots running through her head.
The characters are amazing and even though there are political themes (not my usual or favorite genre) involved, she writes them so well I find it difficult to put her books down.
She manages to balance the darker topics with well
Cassidy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another well written cozy thriller featuring the Thorntons and the Faradays. Why do I call it a cozy thriller? It has all the elements of page-turning thriller – an intricate plot, tension, action, and such – with the antics of several quirky canines, including a kleptomaniac and a TV remote hog, providing a light, humorous touch not typically found in thrillers or hard-boiled mysteries.The author did a great job of creating an intricate story, with interesting twists and subplots. A very ...more
bonnie kirchner
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Nutcracker Conspiracy

This is a great mystery. Any book written by Lauren Carr is always a great book. I love all her book . I highly recommend all her books. The mystery and suspense of her book is great . All are a must read
E.M. Farmer
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing. Same old same old

I knew who the "Bad Gal" was before I got through the first action scene. There was a feeling of "have read this before" throughout the whole book. No surprises, no interesting parts.
leslie lindsay
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect plots!

Lauren has perfected the mystery/thriller genre. Well thought out and researched. You forget that her books are fiction. Gnarly is real! I have loved every single one of her books. Anyone who loves a well rounded story will not be able to stop reading!
Kay Salter
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Nutcracker Conspiracy

So many twists and turns, you feel as though you are on a steep and curvy mountain road. Always fun to read.
Cathy Cermele
Patrica Robertson
Jan 31, 2020
shirley bryan
Feb 04, 2020

• Handcuffs in the Heather (Lovely Lethal Garden #8)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)
  • Kerrick (The Mavericks #1)
  • All Washed Up: Book #3 in the Cara Mia Delgatto Mystery Series
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Llewellyn's Little Book of Empathy (Llewellyn's Little Books 10)
  • Firewall
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • No Fixed Line (Kate Shugak #22)
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Mark of the Medallion (The Wizard Academies Book 1)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Silk Stalkings (A Material Witness Mystery #3)
  • Echo of Glory: An Irish Legends Novel (Celtic Legends Collection)
  • D for Daisy (A Blind Sleuth Mystery #1)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
Lauren Carr is the international best-selling author of the Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, and Thorny Rose Mysteries—over twenty titles across three fast-paced mystery series filled with twists and turns!

Book reviewers and readers alike rave about how Lauren Carr’s seamlessly crosses genres to include mystery, suspense, romance, and humor.

Lauren is a popular speaker who has made appearances at

Thorny Rose Mysteries (5 books)
  • Kill and Run (Thorny Rose Mysteries, #1)
  • A Fine Year for Murder
  • Twofer Murder
  • Murder by Perfection (A Thorny Rose Mystery Book 3)