Start by marking “Don't Shoot the Messenger” as Want to Read:
Don't Shoot the Messenger

Don't Shoot the Messenger

Blair lost the love of her life when her fiancé, and father to their unborn child, went missing and was presumed dead. Returning to Hazard Falls, she must plan for her baby’s future without Grant by her side.

Drake only intended to give his brother's baby a father, but a marriage of convenience grows into a genuine one when he and Blair fall in love and welcome two more
Published January 8th 2020 by Suspenseful Seduction Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Don't Shoot the Messenger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Shoot the Messenger

Start your review of Don't Shoot the Messenger
Rhonda
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? First, Samantha Cole has given her readers another wonderfully written story. This one is the second book in her Hazard Falls. In reading the book, I debated on which brother I liked the best but couldn't decide so I'll just say how much I fell for the Hadley brothers. Grant and Blair had planned a life together but six years ago he went missing and was presumed dead. His brother, Drake, stepped in and helped fill the void left in her life but while they fell in love, she still ...more
Kelle Braun
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all I have to say that just like the rest of Samantha A. Cole's books this is HOT HOT HOT!

Small town meets big world problems. Grant Hadley left Hazard Falls with big goals and no intention to return, that is until something happens that could possibly could turn his unseen world to shreds. Blair and Drake Hadley, Grant's brother, lives are about to be rattled as well.

As the story unfolds the past collides with the present and everyone's future changes dramatically for everyone
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
In typical Samantha A. Cole fashion not only does this book deserve more than 5 stars but it had the perfect combination of angst, intrigue, emotions and hot, hot, hot sex. When Grant Hadley returns from the dead to find that his lover had not only had his child but also wed his brother, he seems to think staying away is his only option. That is until someone threatens Blair and the family she has with Drake. But once he comes back Blair is stuck between the man she always loved and the man she ...more
Sue
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the first Hazard Falls book and have been excited for Don’t Shoot the Messenger.
And let me tell you, I was not disappointed! I loved it! Great book that I devoured in one sitting.

Lucy King
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Just like all of Samantha's books it has plenty of emotion and humor through out. Can't wait for the next visit to Hazard Falls.
♂♀♂ Mary's Menage Reviews ♂♂♀
Mixed feelings here.

It started fantastic. Great plot. Great first hero. Then it went downhill around page 70.

Guy is smart enough to be hired by CIA but his major sin is to become a prisoner and tortured for 6 years while his fiancé thought he was in secret services and let him go without telling him she was pregnant. Then she married his brother in order to get health benefice and a year later both fall in love. She was told he was dead. So war hero who may have (not said by author) ptsd,
Barbara
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what an amazing read. This is a well written book with characters we know and love along with new ones that will capture your heart. Don’t Shoot the Messenger is truly an appropriate name for this storyline, especially when there are several messengers, at various times, that the characters just might want to shoot when they learn unbelievable news.

Blair finds out she’s pregnant and losses the love of her life all in one fail swoop. Not knowing how she is going to survive without Grant let
Patricia
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great 2nd Installment in the Hazard Falls series.

Ms Cole brings us ince again to the small town of Hazard Falls, KS. This time with a returning CIA operative who was in captivity for 6 years. During which time his fiance thought he was dead and she moved on - with his brother.

It is not as bad as it seems. Drake took care of Blair after Grant's "death" and they eventually fell in love.

Of course Grant is devastated by this news and chooses to stay away. Unfortunately someone doesn't want him to
K Lee
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again another sexy menage book from this author! I'm usually much more drawn to MMF so when I saw this one would have to be MFM obviously I didn't know what I would think.

The idea is great and I enjoyed the suspense thrown in.
The details of how it would work is, if anything, over established. There's a lot of inner monogues and discussions about all the reasons it can go together. It was clear the author wanted to the readers to understand the characters were thinking of all angles.
I
Anne Donaldson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a welcome return to Hazard Falls, as well as some of the Trident Security and Deimos characters. Grant comes back to the States after years as a prisoner in hellish conditions – only to find out that the love of his life and his brother are married, his brother is raising his son, and he chooses to stay away from them, letting them believe that he is dead. It’s only when they are threatened that he is forced to confront the reality of their lives. As always, the suspense is gripping – it ...more
Lee Green
Shelves: samantha-cole
I love everything I have read by Samantha Cole. This book was given to me as an ARC which I am thrilled about being trusted with.

For me, this book brought some flashbacks from long ago. Back when the Vietnam war was over and the veterans came back to negativity, there were many MIAs and POWs left behind. I remember over those years that followed that this story was real life. Soldiers held in prison camps finally coming home, broken in mind and body, to find that the world had changed and left
Elizabeth
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You want a fluffy read? Then don't read this. You don't want to get drawn into the lives of Blair, Drake, and Grant. You don't want to watch Grant learn to live again. You don't want to read the words of wisdom given out by previously read characters from Samantha's worlds. You don't want to start reading at 8 p.m. and get lost in Hazard Falls and realize it is now 6 a.m. Yup, this is not a fluffy read. This is another effin awesome addition to Samantha Cole's world that you immerse yourself in ...more
Helen McNabb
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet another fantastic instalment in the world of stories by Samantha A Cole.

You are in for a treat, not only does she introduce new characters she weaves in established and previous characters that we love and adore, she lays tidbits of possible characters to come.

The growing family of Trident continues to expand along with our hearts.

If you don’t already know of these writings, I encourage you to find out! Get started on your Trident journey today.
Allena
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While I have read and enjoyed ménage books before for some reason this one gave me pause. I honestly didn’t think I would like it; all the others were about men who routinely shared their women and not about brothers that had never ventured into this.

While the reasons behind her marrying his brother were both logical and smart I couldn’t get past thinking it would lead to drama or heartache for one of these characters. Leave it to Samantha Cole to change my mind pretty darn fast.

Amazing
Anne Young-Cronister
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a story!! I devoured this one. I started reading it and absolutely couldn’t put it down! There was action packed sexy AF’s. There was a ménage and brothers! And most of all there was T. Carter. If you like Samantha A. Cole books this is a must read. If you’ve never read any of her books, this can be read as a standalone. Much more special if you know something about some of the characters. And the best part of this book is it’s HEA. A very great read!
Shelly
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The much anticipated return to Hazard Falls did not disappoint! While I had to shove my heart back into place during one point, because you know Samantha A. Cole likes do to that to us, I probably smiled like a loon through so much of this story. Grant, Drake and Blair's story was a perfect addition to the Hazard Falls series and I can't wait for more!
Susan
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another book in the Hazard Falls series and this did not disappoint. Action, drama, angst and some smoldering sex that will leave you wanting more. This book is MFM and in my opinion one of the better novels in this sub-genre. With humor, a smattering of well known and loved characters making cameo appearances and three characters you will slowly fall in love with this is a book I am happy to recommend
Amanda Roden
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I need to start by saying that nobody writes a menage like Samantha. I know as soon as I dive in that I will get a great love story and not just hot sex, this book was no different. I have to be honest though and say I hated Drake for about 50% of the book. My heart broke for Grant, but as usual, in the end, Samantha gave us what we all want. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more from Hazard Falls.
Chantelle Bouffanie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I love to read Samantha A Cole stories. This is the second book in the Hazard Falls series. This story us about Grant, Drake, and Blair. Drake steps in to help Blair when Grant is presume dead. When Grant found out that Blair is married to Drake. He decided not to mess anything up between them. Now Grant has to no other choice but go see Drake and Blair. This book will pull at your heartstrings. It has everything from family, love, and suspense. Can the team find out who is going after ...more
Melanie Marnell
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've never met A Samantha A Cole character I didn't like nor read one of her suspenseful romances that didn't keep me hanging on every word. There are lots of twists and turns, edge of your seat moments and enough steamy scenes to make you want to fan yourself. Grant Hadley is truly a man returning from the dead. His tortured existence was tough to read. Knowing that his beloved fiancée and his brother had made a life for themselves in his absence was heartwrenching. Being forced to confront it ...more
Tammy Dangiolillo
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story from the first chapter! The torture and abuse Grant went through, the lose of lover Blair went through and the lose of a brother Drake went through, I was really feeling all the emotions they did from the beginning to the end. If you love romance suspense and happy ever after you will not be disappointed! Another great read by Samantha A Cole!
Nancy Walker
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is amazing. We visit with some familiar friends and meet some new ones. The book has your heart beating fast from the first word to the last. The excitement and also the love that is shown throughout the book is tremendous. Samantha wrote another superb book as always. I look forward to more.
Meleaha Howard
I have loved every book by this author, and this one is the same. While my heart broke for Grant in the beginning, I understood why Blair and Drake were together. When a threat is made, Grant is forced to face his brother and former fiance. Can they manage to get past the anger at their situation and find their way to happiness?
Julie Gerrard
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite authors has again created an amazing story . It has everything I've come to love in Samantha A.Cole books , emotion, drama , humor and characters you love along with some appearances from well loved characters .
Julia
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! I absolutely loved this book! Samantha was able to weave together old characters we know and love with new ones to create a hot romance that I didn’t want to put down. Definitely a must read!
Lucy Taylor
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great Hazard Falls book. Loved Bridget getting her just rewards and thoroughly enjoyed the new family getting together. Plus it's always good when we can check in with the Trident family!
Debbie Hanson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
Don’t Shoot The Messenger
Hazard Falls book 2
Samantha Cole

It’s been a while since I’ve been the Hazard Falls, but never fear the people there never disappoint. Samantha has once again created a story with all the gun shooting glory we’ve grown to love, the sexy Trident men dropping in and the heat and sexiness she writes.

I have to admit I struggled early in in the story, but thankfully I pushed on, because I really enjoyed it by the end. Losing her husband, Blair was devastated, pregnant and
Wendy Hodges
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story full of emotions of a whole range from love, guilt, grief as well as lust. This is a relationship that started out of grief and protection but developed into a deep love, but Blair still loved her first partner and the father of her first child, never would she have given up if she had known he was still alive. Torn once finding out, she and both men are not sure what is going to happen or if anyone will be forced to do the unacceptable and choose. Suspense follows the course ...more
Lisa
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I should start by saying that I am very empathetic in real life and it often transfers to characters in the books I read: I don't really enjoy angst or confrontation. So I was a little torn with this one.

I LOVE menage! I mean who wouldn't love two mean loving on them, right? But I was concerned that the angst might be too much for me here. And I dreaded the first meeting between Grant, Drake and Blair, like physically dreaded it.

Even knowing that it would be worth it in the end (sort of like
Rosemary
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blair thought the worst thing that could happen in her life was when she found out the love of her life, Grant was dead and then to learn she was pregnant with his child. Thank goodness for Drake, Grant's brother who steps in to take care of Blair and the child. Then years later, she finds out that Grant is alive. What happens now that her first love returns because she now also loves Drake her husband with all her heart? The complicated time of her life is brought to the forefront when a threat ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Our Time (Baytown Boys #11)
  • The Protector (Aces #2)
  • Their Fairy Princess (Office Intrigue Book 7)
  • Lethal Balance (Sons of the Survivalist, #2)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Keeping Quinn (The Next Generation #6)
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
  • Mountain Desire (Wild Mountain Men, #3)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Alexa: The Ties That Bind (Auction Night, #1)
  • How West Was Won (Haven, Texas #7)
  • Be Brave With Me (Finding Love In Green Springs Book 1)
  • UnLeash Me (Savage Beast MC, #4)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys Book 1)
  • Submitting to the Cattleman (Cowboy Doms, #6)
  • Gabe and Ian (Savage Kings MC Book 11)
  • A Montana Daddies Christmas
USA Today Bestselling Author and Award-Winning Author Samantha A. Cole is a retired police officer and paramedic. She's lived her entire life in the suburbs of New York City and is looking forward to becoming a snow-bird between New York and Florida someday. Her two fur-babies, Jinx and Bella, keep her company and remind their mom to take a break from writing every once in a while to go for a ...more