Start by marking “A Lovely Drop (The NeverNeath #2)” as Want to Read:
A Lovely Drop (The NeverNeath #2)

A Lovely Drop

(The NeverNeath #2)

A woman who claims to do the impossible…

Andrea Grace comes from a long line of women who can do the impossible: They can eavesdrop on the past. But ever since her mother’s suspicious death, Andrea has led a half-life, guarding herself from those who would kill to get their hands on her. From heads of states to the most violent criminals craving what she has to offer, every
Published January 2020 by Independently Published

Start your review of A Lovely Drop (The NeverNeath #2)
Ira
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this short story, it kind of time travel but it wasn’t.
I would say, a suspense paranormal with dash of romance?

I hope Darynda will make this couple into a new series, I really like the idea what this heroine can do with her new job. I’ve never read someone with her ability before, so let’s see:)

Get this book for free here, https://dl.bookfunnel.com/j138p67e2v

Patty
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short but great. Highlights everything I love about Ms Jones. Action packed, witty and great characters. I would love for this to turn into a series (hint hint). I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed
Sandee
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful! I first read this story a few years ago as part of a collection called Twelve Shades of Midnight. In my review, at that time, I wished that Darynda would write more about these characters. Unfortunately, this is the same story not a new one but it was just as fun reading it this time as it was the first time. The characters are engaging, the story exciting and the action is non-stop. I still hope that the future contains more stories about these characters but as long as Darynda is ...more
Timitra
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Lovely Drop was very interesting and intriguing. I’m very much looking forward to reading more in this world. It’s a Paranormal Romantic Suspense. It’s pretty short but good. I can’t wait to read more about Andrea and Sebastian. I definitely recommend it.

Copy won in a contest hosted by author
Alina
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2020
Interesting concept! I would love a follow-up book. It would be interesting to see their work dynamic along with their personal relationship!
Val Moss
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Very fun and different. Can't wait to see what's next!
Debbie Turk
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Time Rewinder & A Special Agent Join Forces!!
A Lovely Drop: A Story of the Neverneath

I loved this quirky & intriguing crime story with a huge twist! We first meet Andrea being transported in the back of a Police Van, she's got a good over her head & is cuffed!! Once they stop she's taken outside to what is obviously a crime scene, it's swarming with Officers, Plain Cloths too. She's escorted into a kitchen that's covered in blood & blood splatter and told it was a murder
Ciru
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a novella, previously published as part of an another anthology.

We have Andrea who can rewind time, for the past 24 hours. She was taught to keep her gift a secret but decided to help the police with it, and as it happened, is eventually caught.

Here comes in Sebastian. Tall, dark and handsome and for all intents, Andrea's handler.

She drops in time, proves her gift, helps solve a major crime, prevent another large scale one, prevent her+Sebastian's deaths and also get to snoop on him.

As
James Wharton
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance, mystery
This is the first book I've read by Darynda Jones and I loved it. My only regret is that it was too short. The story grabbed me at the first paragraph and did not let go through the end.

The author has a unique take on astral projection which is central to the plot. Andrea (Andi) was taken into custody by Homeland Security after providing information resulting in the solving of several crimes. She has inherited a special ability that can result in insanity for her or abuse by unscrupulous
Terric853
Basically a short story (or novella, if you prefer) about Andrea, a woman with the ability to "drop" back to view events that have happened in the last 24 hours. She's been helping Chicago police solve crimes by sending them details of crimes anonymously. However, one night they caught a glimpse of her when her hoodie blew back and now the Department of Homeland Security is asking for help to prevent a terrorist attack.

Andrea is funny and smart and her inner dialog is hysterical. I expect that
Debbie
An interesting little story. I thought it was going to be the whole guns and bombs, international espionage, double agent, spy, terrorist suspense thing, which it was for a little while, but the case wrapped up before the suspense could get overly suspenseful. Just about the time I was thinking "Eh, I'm not sure I'm really up for this" I realized that the book was nearly done and the case was pretty well wrapped up. And then there's the happy ending. I had not realized that Darynda Jones had ...more
Becky Burciaga
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never doubt that Darynda Jones is a gifted storyteller...from Charlie to Sunshine, and now Andrea, I fly through her stories. When I’m reading one of her stories, I’m immersed in it...this new one was no different. Sebastian was larger than life, as depicted, he’s hard to forget about once the story ends. I hope that there’ll be more Sebastian and Andrea in future books in this series
Adrienne Testa
A woman with a unique talent that needs to be kept a secret, but homeland security will use her to track a killer. A special agent wanting to know how his partner dies, will use her talent to get answers. Its a unique story line, with interesting characters. A steady pace and a unique perspective.
Roberta
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, and I’d love to read more. It was a little too adventure-filled for my usual taste, with less of the fun humour (as seen in the Charley Davidson series, and A Bad Day for Sunshine) I tend to expect from Darynda Jones. However, still a compelling story and excellently written.
Tania
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Short, action packed and still sweet! Loved it! I took 1/2 a star because I didn't care for the scene between Strand and the other girl (I get, still don't like it). Other than that, I love it and hope she will continue this series.
Megan Caudill
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
It was written well enough but it felt too rushed and short for my liking. And I felt like it lacked the spunk and sass of her other series. Interesting concept though. I would've liked more meat to the story!
Caroline Paquin
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic novella! So gripping that I ended up losing the track of time and space the moment I turned on the Kindle and continued to read.

I would’ve taken much more of Andrea and Sebastian!
Carly Black
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short story from a great author

This is a good short read that introduces you to a world where time hopping and other supernatural abilities hide in everyday people. It is fun, quick, and has a little romance thrown in for good measure.
Anne
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well written and intriguing story. This is unlike Darynda's Charley Daniels series with its humorous lines. The main characters are strong, interesting and smart with supernatural powers. I hope this is the beginning to a new series because I want to learn more about Andrea and Sebastian.
Autumn Jordon
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Despite the fact Darynda is one of my Ruby sisters, I am a huge fan of hers. I thoroughly enjoyed my cold Sunday afternoon curled up with A Lovely Drop. I felt for and loved Andrea, and I found S.A. Strand just delicious. I wouldn't mind being guarded by him.
Cindy Mathis
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found Ms. Jones on a fluke and fell immediately in love with Charley Davidson. Now that she’s one of the 13 PWF authors, I grabbed this short story as soon as I saw it offered. Another strong female lead with an original plot that appealed to me. I’m hoping for more books from this world.
Denise
4.5 Stars

As with all of Darynda Jones books, this short read just pulled me right in. It was a pretty interesting take on time travel. It did feel a bit rushed at times. I really hope we will see this turn into a series.
Rebecca
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intriguing concept with the interesting characters that Ms. Jones writes so well. Not as much humorous dialogue as the Charley Davidson series but a great read nonetheless.

It was my pleasure to receive this free novel and give my honest review.
Bobbie
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great paranormal romantic suspense. Loved the characters. Hoping there are more books in the series.
Laura Baird
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A hot, dramatic, stirring quick read. Would really love more!
Bari
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Darynda Jones.
If you're not familiar with her books be sure to check them out. You won't be disappointed.
Sue
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Need lots more in this world!!
Katherine W.
There is quite a bit packed into this short paranormal romantic suspense novella.
Heidi R.
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Darynda Jones’ books!
Angie Parish
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read every book written by Darynda Jones. Like the rest I loved this book!! I really hope this it's going to be a new series she is creating!!!

• Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Sucks To Be Me
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Wrong Side of Forty (Marina at Midlife #1)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles #2)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove, #1)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Christmas in the City
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Let it All Burn
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Tallulah's Temptation (Sea Shenanigans #1)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley ...more

The NeverNeath (2 books)
  • The Monster (The NeverNeath, #1)