Start by marking “Lucky Streak (Lucky #2)” as Want to Read:
Lucky Streak (Lucky #2)

Lucky Streak (Lucky #2)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  3,131 Ratings  ·  144 Reviews
When Mike Corwin awakens after some wild partying in Vegas $150,000 richer and married to Amber, the gorgeous woman he met the night before, he thinks he's hit the jackpot. The bad news is that Amber's a con who takes his money and runs. Seems the family curse has finally hit him. Hard.

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 26th 2009 by HQN (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Streak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Streak

jenjn79
Oct 11, 2008 jenjn79 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Really enjoyed this 2nd book in the "Lucky" trilogy. The characters, the storyline, and the romance all engaged me and had me wanting to keep reading.

The basis for this series is that there is a curse on the Corwin males where if they fall in love, they will lose their woman and their money. It's affected the family for generations and now the current group of cousins must deal with it to move on with their futures.

Mike Corwin is a Boston police officer. He goes to Vegas for his partner's weddin
Kahea
***4 ‘It’s All About Edward’ Stars***

Is it a bad thing when one of the secondary storylines captures your interest more than the main one? Maybe, maybe not, but that’s kind of what happened with Lucky Streak. For the most part I really liked Mike, the man is all kinds of upstanding, smexy as hell alpha male with a really good heart. Amber was a bit of a mixed bag for me. I admired how dedicated she was to her family and how good her heart truly was, but it took a long time for me to warm up to
Cali Jewel
Jun 07, 2017 Cali Jewel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wild, sexy, fun and engaging opposites attract romance. This Corwin is in Vegas for his partners wedding and on a hell of a lucky streak and married to what seems like the perfect woman.

Mike Corwin is a tough as nails cop and believes he hit the ultimate jackpot in Vegas when he wakes up with a wad of cash and a sexy new wife. Then the other shoe drops and Seems the family jinx has finally hit him. Hard. Amber turns out to be a con-artist and she disappears with the money. Now Mike's hell-bent
Wendy
May 29, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
This is a really cute book with alot of fun characters. CP is always fun to read, she writes a quick and entertaining story. I gave this one a four out of five.

Amber is a woman that has had to resort to counting cards in Vegas to win enough money to keep her father in a nursing facility because he has Alzhiemers. But she isn't happy with what she has had to do and wants out. Her partner doesn't want to let go though. When he threatens her a strange man steps in to help her.

Boston Cop Mike Corw
Jessica Alcazar
Apr 17, 2013 Jessica Alcazar rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC little chic flic romance story! ALL 3 of these books were highly enjoyable. Every character had me LMAO!
However, I will say that Lucky Streak (#2) was absolutely the funniest of them all. Hands down!
PS....I really wish Uncle Edward and Clara had their own story, even if it was a short story in an Anthology because that man had me in stitches....stinky Pete! Bawaaaaaaahahahahaha!
Tracy Roberts
Jun 07, 2017 Tracy Roberts rated it it was amazing
Who says curses are real? The Corwin men that’s who. Many years ago, there was a curse put on any Corwin man that dare to love. Mike is the 2nd of the Corwin men that are effected by the Corwin curse.
Mike is a police officer who is in Vegas for his friend’s wedding. When Mike walks into the lobby of the hotel he see’s Amber who he believes is being harassed by a guy (Mike isn’t sure who the man is). As Mike confronts the pretty lady and the man that’s bothering her, Mike is caught by the beauty
J K
May 27, 2017 J K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine Drew Barrymore clapping in the Wedding Singer “YAY”! That’s me. I really really loved this story. Mike is in Vegas celebrating his partner’s wedding and saves Amber as she is being harassed. What happens next is a non-stop adventure. His father is a “crazy” recluse because of the Corwin curse. I really felt every emotion reading this book. I felt their connection from the very beginning and could believe them stopping at the Chapel to get married. Loved that you didn’t have to wait too l ...more
Amy Leibenguth
May 24, 2017 Amy Leibenguth rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Mike and Amber meet in Vegas. They get married that night on a whim. Then Ambers past has her running scared. Though they just met, Amber feels connected to Mike. And even though they barely know each other, she wants to give marriage a go. She arrives back in Boston and surprises Mike. She also tells him everything he needs to know about her past. A lot of fun getting to their HEA as characters from book 1 are back and the funny way the curse is looked at by the Corw ...more
Barbara Lack
May 23, 2017 Barbara Lack rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly different. This is book 2 in the Corwin Family Curse Series. I really, really enjoyed this book. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. The characters are flawed and slightly quirky. There were a lot of fun moments, however once again Carly Phillips dealt with the subject of mental illness and Alzheimer's with grace and compassion. I truly loved this book.
****I voluntarily received an Advanced Readers Copy of this book for my honest review.****
Jackie
May 21, 2017 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this book is in a series, it can be read as a standalone. This book jumped right in to the story. I love how it instantly grabbed ahold and had you keep reading. We got an unusual storyline, the idea of a curse, a quickie marriage in Vegas, and a reclusive in law, but still maintained a love story with characters you saw grow and connected with. You fell in love as they did. The love story scenes were as hot as all Phillips' books. There was quite a bit of action and mystery; you ne ...more
Nicki Holt
May 22, 2017 Nicki Holt rated it really liked it
This book gives you a two for one. Not only do you get Mike and Amber's story which involves a quickly marriage in Vegas and two gamblers looking to reclaim their debt, but you also get the wacky story of Clara and Edward as they overcome anxiety and depression to rekindle an old relationship. The characters in this story were great and the plot twists and storylines gave new meaning to rollercoaster rides. Overall, a very enjoyable read as the second in the series about dealing with the Corwin ...more
Julie
May 20, 2017 Julie rated it really liked it
Loved the updated version of Lucky Streak. At first glance Amber and Mike seem like oil and water, but as you get deeper into the book you fall for them faster than Amber fell for Mike's father! Amber sees all the little, and not so little details, so she realizes there's more going on with her father-in-law than the Corwin Curse. Mike grew up fearing the curse, will he be able to break free of it? These two are fun, and steamy , and full of adventure.
Stephanie
May 19, 2017 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Love this story of family and love. Amber will do anything to ensure her father is well cared for that she gets into trouble. But Mike saves her and gets a wife out of the deal.
The second in the Corwin family Trilogy. A solid 3 3/4 stars.
So much better than the first book! This book centers around Mike Corwin, son of Edward, the eccentric brother. Mike became a cop to keep order in his life that he never had with his "out there" father. Mike meets Amber Rose while in Vegas for his partner's wedding. It is instant attraction and it all begins.
Here's what I liked:
I loved the chemistry between the Mike and Amber...there is plenty of work up to it and it works. It is night
Heather
Dec 29, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
**Advanced copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

This is the second book in Carly Phillips "Lucky Trilogy" and I loved it! As in the first book, the men of the family are concerned about a curse that was levied many years before saying that if you married for love you would lose your love and your fortune. The question is, will the curse rear its ugly head again or will love win?

Mike Corwin is a police officer and he has headed to Las Vegas to attend the wedding of his pa
Anita
Mar 27, 2013 Anita rated it really liked it
Lucky Streak is the 2nd of the Lucky Trilogy and is a great book for mindless romantic reading. Sex starting on page 48.

Mike Corwin, a Boston Police Detective and Corwin cousin, goes to Las Vegas for his partner's wedding and saves Amber Rose from being accosted by a guy she claims is her ex-partner. Amber is a gorgeous woman and the electricity is immediate. Mike invites her along for the day and at the end of the day, marries her even though he knows very little about her. What Happens in Vega
Crystal Singer
Feb 24, 2014 Crystal Singer rated it it was amazing
Another fun, sexy and great read in the Lucky Series by Carly Phillips!

This time we get Mike's story. In typical Vegas fashion, he meets Amber, parties hard and they wind up married. But when he wakes in the morning....she's gone with the $150,000 that he won. The "curse" has struck again. Amber isn't a bad person. Just a desperate one trying to keep her head above water and her father in a nursing home that costs more than she has. After taking his money, Amber simply can't take the guilt she
Jennifer Kirkey
Sep 14, 2016 Jennifer Kirkey rated it really liked it

When Mike Corwin awakens after some wild partying in Vegas $100,000 richer and married to Amber, the gorgeous woman he met the night before, he thinks he's hit the jackpot. The bad news is that Amber's a con who takes his money and runs. Seems the family curse has finally hit him. Hard.

But to Amber, Mike isn't business as usual. If only she didn't need the money to ensure her father's safety, she might actually have fallen for the intense lawman. Instead, she's forced to betray him.

Now Mike's

Erica
Mar 02, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
Mike wins big in Vegas. He gets drunk, marries Amber and wakes up the next morning, no wife and no cash be found
The blurb is misleading, it's not a twist of fate that brings them back together, Amber goes back to Mike's house in Boston to give him the other half of his winnings. She used half to help out her Dad. I liked Mike, hes a sexy cop !
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
Taylor Fenner
Aug 26, 2013 Taylor Fenner rated it really liked it
I really like this book and I've read it and the other two books in the trilogy 3 times but this time as I was reading it I noticed 4 or 5 grammatical errors. I would have liked the book even better if an editor had caught the errors. All in all this trilogy is great and Carly Phillips has been one of my favorite authors since I was about 14
Crazy4more
Dec 11, 2012 Crazy4more rated it really liked it

I loved Mike and Amber. I thought this book had more substance, emotion and fast-paced. Amber's tenatious attitude got her things she needed and more. On the day she ended her partnership crossing the law, she married a cop!

Great read.
Carol
Apr 25, 2011 Carol rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this continuation of the Cowin Curse series. Amber Rose is a very different heroine dealing with some unique inlaws in wonderfully wacky ways. Who ever would have thought of using a descented skunk as a weapon? Romantic and amusing. I look forward to the next book.
Suzanne Radcliffe
Lucky Streak is book 2 in the Lucky Series and is about Mike and Amber. Mike is a Corwin man, but doesn't really believe in the curse that has followed all Corwin men for hundreds of years. Besides, he doesn't believe in love, either. Mike is a Boston cop and has come to Vegas to celebrate his partner's wedding. In the midst of celebrating, he sees a woman in trouble and goes to rescue her.

The woman is Amber, born and raised in Vegas. She has a photographic memory and since her showgirl mother d
Jami
Jun 02, 2017 Jami rated it really liked it
*An advance reading copy was provided to me in exchange for an honest review. *

Book #2 in the Lucky Trilogy is about Mike Corwin. Mike is a Boston Police Officer and ignores the curse that seems to reign on the males of the Corwin Family. Legend says that every Corwin Male who marries for love, will not only lose his wife, but his fortune, too. Mike goes to Vegas with some of his cop friends for a wild weekend. He ends up $150,000 richer and married to a beautiful stranger he met one night, name
Shelley
May 30, 2017 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second in the Lucky trilogy. Mike, the hero, is Derek's (from book one) cousin. As a Corwin man, he is also cursed to lose his love and fortune. He lives in Boston, where he works as a detective for the police department. At the opening he is in Las Vegas celebrating his partner's destination wedding.

Amber is a beautiful, charismatic and intelligent woman with a photographic memory. For years she used those skills to be one of the best in the business, as a major hotel concierge
RoseyLovesBooks
Jun 07, 2017 RoseyLovesBooks rated it really liked it
Con artist Amber Lee needs a lot of money for her Alzheimer’s-stricken father’s care but has enough saved up to find another way. Amber's declaration that she's finished doesn't go down well with her partner in crime Marshall Banks. Police detective Mike Corwin is in Vegas for his partner's wedding when he rescues a beautiful woman being manhandled and invites her to join him and the wedding party for a fun night out. On an impulse, Mike marries Amber after they wander into a wedding chapel by a ...more
Wendy
Jun 12, 2017 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Ahh... The Salem Witch Trials, where witches were burned at the stake and family curses begun. At least, that is the belief of the Corwin men. It seems like they have no luck due to the curse...either in love or in money. Is it really the curse, though, or is it simply a case of bad luck...over and over and over again?

Mike, a detective with the Boston Police Department, is in Vegas for his partners wedding. Amber, a former con artist with a photographic memory turned hotel concierge, turned back
Jennie Fortna
Jun 06, 2017 Jennie Fortna rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review with no compensation

Lucky Charm is the 2nd book in the Lucky series and what a way to continue it with the “curse” over all the Corwin men…."Any Corwin male who falls in love will be destined to lose his love and his fortune”.

This is about Mike Corwin, a Boston police officer who goes to Las Vegas with a group of his fellow officers for the wedding of his partner. While there he meets Amber Rose Brennen and they end up have lots of fun, sparks fly and decide to get married.
Ruza
May 27, 2017 Ruza rated it really liked it
The Lucky Series is about the Corwin curse. All Corwin men who fall in love will be destined to lose his love and fortune … No Corwin has walked away unscathed.

Lucky Streak is the 2nd book in the Series and brings us Detective Michael Corwin. Mike is Derek's cousin and he's in Los Vegas for his partners wedding.

Amber Lee was a popular concierge in LA because of her photographic memory until her father became ill. She returns to Los Vegas to take care of him, and hooks up with her father's proté
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
OH! I really loved Mike and Amber's story! It was intense and oh so good. Lucky Streak was unexpected from what I had envisioned after reading the first book. I love an officer in uniform, but it is time for Mike to unwind in Vegas! What he did not expect was to run into some money and a wife!! But is it to good to be true? Uh Oh could it be that damn Corwin curse creeping up on Mike. Because in a blink of an eye he loses the money and the girl by betrayal! Again I thought I had mapped out the s ...more
  • Solitary Man
  • Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2)
  • Just for Kicks (Showgirls, #2)
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • Santa, Baby
  • The Girl Most Likely To...
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Lucky (3 books)