Start by marking “Torn” as Want to Read:
Torn

Torn

She was sworn of men…
…Until an accidental meeting changed everything.

Alissa sacrificed everything for her husband and child. While he climbed the corporate ladder she made them a nice home and became the perfect wife.
Until he broke her trust.
Broke her spirit.

Since a tragic accident changed his existence, Luke has had to fight his demons on a daily basis. Despite the he
Kindle Edition
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Start your review of Torn
Natalia
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
SassafrasfromAmazon
1.5🌟

First, I absolutely loved this story. The main character, Alyssa, invoked much empathy from me for a variety of reasons. Her anxiety disorder, and the physical manifestations of the mental illness, conveyed the real terror Alyssa (Lyssa) felt when confronted with crowds or going out in public, period. Alyssa, who was verbally abused by her soon to be ex-husband, caused almost irreparable harm to her confidence and self-esteem. Dealing with these enormous problems without professional help w
Joy Westerfield
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torn is my first read by this author, and let just say, I am completely and utterly hooked! This story blew me away! Alissa and Luke will ingrain themselves into your very heart and soul. They meet in a bit of an unusual way, and Luke is instantly smitten with Alissa. She is a young, mother going thru some very tough times and sometimes it gets the best of her. But for some reason, she feels safe with Luke, and that is something normally hard for her. Luke shows her that there are good people in ...more
Debra Phiri (Dragon Nanny)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We all wear a mask that no one can see, only we know what is truly going on inside of ourselves! Debra @Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

This story has so much depth and feeling involved that I wanted to not only hug our main female character I wanted to hug myself. Our lives can be hiding so much from everyone and that can give us an isolated feeling. It is not always easy to talk about what has happened to us or how we got so lost. We feel we have to show the world only the good or keep ourselves lock
Mandy Barnes
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh All the Feels @Mandy for Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog.

Harper Phoenix has taken me on a journey that I have absolutely loved. I have cried, gotten mad and at one time wanted to stick it to a certain character while giving the other one a swift kick up side his head.😭

Harper Phoenix is a new to me author and i am totally enamored with her writing.

Torn is a book about so much, losing yourself in the darkness to finding that rainbow in the storm clouds. I am truly honored that I have had the chance t
Mindy Reader
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: single-mom
Conflicted....

I loved Luke!! He was a sweet knight in shining armor. I loved how he cared for Alissa and Nora. Nora was such a sweetheart. Alissa was a wonderful mother who loved her daughter fiercely. That ex was a piece of work and did not deserve to be a father.

My biggest issue with this book was the main conflict between the H and h. I get why the heroine made the decision she did but I felt like she kept dragging the hero along. Luke was having a hard enough time distancing himself from he
Rhonda Tactor
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first ever read by author Harper Phoenix & just WOW!!
TORN is an emotional roller coaster ride of emotions & I absolutely loved this story
Donna
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Harper Phoenix, this is the latest in her books that I've read and i must say that this is one of the best. This is about Alissa and Luke.

Alissa had totally sworn of men… especially abusive men like her ex-husband WELL that was until a handsome tattooed sexy stranger arrived in the form of Luke. An accidental meeting that would change Alissa's life

The lovely Alissa has sacrificed all of her happy ever after and her all for her abusive and horrid husband David and of course
Stacey
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story of Alyssa and Luke is an emotional story, that will capture your heart. Alyssa is quite relatable . I could really empathize and sympathize with her and her anxiety. I think we all have a little bit of her in us, so I think she will definitely resonate with you.

Luke is amazingly patient with her and I love that about him. And OMG! The way he is with Nora (Alyssa’s daughter from her failed marriage). He’s tough and strong when he needs to be and a soft, tender and safe place for both Al
United Indie Book Blog
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading one of Harper Phoenix books. This story is about Alissa and Luke. I was so drawn into it from the first chapter until the end. I'm not sure what i can say without giving away something that will spoil the story. I can say that both Luke and Alissa have been hurt in the past. It's hard for both of them to move forward. This story will pull at your heartstrings. You will laugh, get mad and yes even ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Torn was such an emotional romance story! Alissa and Luke have both taken hits to their journey in life. There is betrayal and deceit, psychological challenges, as well as losses suffered. I felt their pain much as I felt their burgeoning love. This was a sweet and heartfelt love story from beginning to end.
Amanda Stelter
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I got this book from Give Me Books Promotions for my honest review**

I will have a full review that goes a bit more in detail up on my blog along with the release blitz.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this book. To the point where I was sad that it was ending because I wanted more of these characters. I really liked the story and this author handled mental illness well. I connected with the character on those levels and I'm so glad I got the chance to read this and discover this author.
Amali Rose
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully emotive story of love, hope and second chances.
R yatsko
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An emotional read, that hooks you from the first chapter.
...unexpected, intriguing, and heartfelt story.

With tissues, in hand, read this book, enjoy ~wtmo
J. Ockenhouse
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I live for dark romance but sometimes there is a book that shifts my gears and TORN did that for me. It's not my go to kind of story but that blurb had me all kinds of curious.

Alissa and her beautiful daughter Nora are going to melt your heart. She deserves so much good but her demons from her past are still latching on. Her fears are not letting her or her daughter truly appreciate life. Until her sister comes from Australia and tells her she needs to go to the store.

That visit changes the liv
Heather Packer
This is a new to me author and I just loved this cover  I mean seriously, how gorgeous is that!
Okay so on to the book. There were a couple of niggly bits, things that were not to subtly mentioned that then happened, he had a freak out over not using protection in one section but had done so previously without cause for concern.
Now, Luke. Luke claims to be an asshole, he says it enough to himself, and yet, he is like the nicest guy! Okay, so he has a bit of a temper, but its directed well, hes a
AND 1515
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She Had every right to be...
by and1515

It's really difficult not to be angry or even bitter when your realize that your whole world just went nuclear and the two people you trusted more then anyone are the ones responsible for pushing the button.
My sister is a harpy who really loves to stir the pot by threatening to whip me into shape. But I know that's not going to happen.
But nothing prepared her for the super surprise ringing her door.
She never should have let her sister to browbeat her into do
Elsie Pitt
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This had me and led me to a place I thought I was long gone in the feels department! Alyssa is very relatable. She is dealing with issues with herself that we all feel at times in our lives. She is strong yet she carries defeat on her shoulders! Enter Luke, he has his own pain to deal with. With Luke Alyssa finds a kindred soul. One who she can relate to and begin to heal. Luke is a remarkable man and it definitely shows with the pages. Harper writes a terrific story about love and healing and j ...more
Nikki
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I will say that I initially wanted to read this book as that cover drew me in.. it's just so gorgeous!!!
And the story didnt disappoint one bit... jammed packed with so many emotions I couldnt help but get a little race of my heart at some bits!
Alissa is a single mum living with anxiety after a bad break up with an ex husband who doesnt want her.....but also doesnt anyone else to have her.. hes mentally degraded her for so long she feels low and worthless..
Luke is....luke is fantastic! H
Eliza
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This was a great read. The emotions the characters experienced were well written and felt by me as a reader. The plot was great with all the ups and downs in it. The whole story was fantastic and had a lot of great dynamics to it. Both of the characters had issues they had to come to term with it and it was well written into the story. I found myself unable to put it down and also relating to the characters.

I give this a five out of five stars. I couldn’t put it down. The plot and characters res
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an emotional story that has you empathizing with both Luke and Alissa. They both have trauma plagued by betrayal and together they connect. She had an abusive husband who took her for granted. This story has you pulling for Luke and Alissa to get a second chance for happiness in spite of everything that has happened to them.

Maja
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read from this author. I loved the first person point of view of the story, which is always a deal breaker for me. This is the story about Alissa whose life isn't exactly peachy. I really loved the story, especially our leading lady. I will definitely read more from this author in the future.

Jeanne Richardson
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Harper Phoenix; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Kimberly Ann
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS 🌟

This book will take you on a journey you never expected and end with a heart so full that it was worth every bump in the road. It'll captivate your heart and bring to light issues that have yet to have a light shown on them. 5 STARS all the way!
Kimberly
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable and emotional romance read.

Julia Leonard
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first Harper book.
What an amazing story.
Once started you can not put it down.
The characters are so real and damaged each in their own way.
Bravo!!!
Trina
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Read about Alissa. Wife mother getting divorce from her abusive husband. Follow her rocky road with the help of her sister. Meet Luke. Good guy underneath a tough exterior.
SyLvIa
[1.5 star] didnt really connect with the book. seems to have a lot on the heroine but very little on the hero. also, the sex scenes was kind of long, was skimming through them.
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
Oh my word!!

Harper has yet again produced a story that has you feeling every emotion. I loved this story from the get go.

This is a story about how life can feel like you’re living in a darkness but in the most unexpected places, you can find the rainbow. I loved these characters so much and I just wanted to hug Alissa and tell her to stay strong and keep fighting for the life she deserves. Luke is completely taken by Alissa the minute he sees her and it has you smiling so big for them both.

I
Kim Schimpf
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So many thoughts are running through my mind as I write this review. Harper Phoenix hits every emotion in this book. It was so easy to relate to the heroine, Alissa. She could be your sister, your best friend or even you. Luke could be the person who broke down your walls. The person who loved you even when you couldn't love yourself. With Torn, Harper reminds you that love is more powerful than self doubt, more powerful than the voices in your head that tell you that you aren't good enough. Tha ...more

• Close Quarters
  • My Wicked Heart (Wicked Poison, #2)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Hate Struck (Maddison High #1)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Jack & Sadie
  • When the Night is Over (Blackbird, #1)
  • Dance or Die
  • Biker Babe
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Malia (Black Sentinels MC Series #3)
  • Last Light
  • Her Midnight Escape
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers Book 1)
  • Exquisitely Broken (Sin City Tales #1)
  • Our Way
  • Hungry For Owen (Hungry Hearts Book 7)
  • Andy: Christmas Holiday Special (Men of A Corps #11)