Start by marking “One Night in the Ice Storm (One Night novellas, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Night in the Ice Storm (One Night novellas, #2)

One Night in the Ice Storm

(One Night Novellas #2)

The ice will melt between them...in one hot night.

When Rachel arrives in her hometown for the Christmas holiday, she doesn't expect to be stranded alone in an ice storm with David Harris. David is her brother's best friend, and she's known him all her life. She lost her virginity to him. And he's the one man she can never forgive.

Despite all of the reasons she knows not to
Kindle Edition
Published December 2019 (first published December 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Night in the Ice Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night in the Ice Storm

Start your review of One Night in the Ice Storm (One Night novellas, #2)
Cheesecake
Well in 70 pages this book really ticked me off.
8 years ago... Rachel gave her virginity to her brother's best friend, David. It was a mutual thing and she thought they were in love, but then the very next day he didn't reply to her texts or calls and ignored her when she saw him again. So what's a girl to think and how will she respond?
Well she could;
A) kick him in the cojones
B) rant at him in public
C) pretend it didn't matter to her either.
She goes with option C. After all she has her
Bethany
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

That was a really sweet story. I was surprised by how much I liked it. It was a short story but it had everything in it that I needed, lost love, family drama, winter storm, some really hot steam and rekindle romance. A great winter romance!
Shawna
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
David took her virginity and never talked to her again. A total bastard. Or that's what Rachel has always believed. 8 years later, Rachel has come home to visit her mother and brother Brad for Christmas. Her mother and Brad are stranded in the city due to a severe ice storm. Rachel is left by herself in the drafty old house....but.. David just happens to be stopping by to pick up a circular saw.

Although just a novella, this was far too predictable for my taste. I had the ending figured out from
Karen111
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. To be honest if this was read on its own it would be perfectly fine. But I've read 3 Noelle Adams books in a row now, and they are almost identical in their layout, but with different characters and jobs. Even the sex scenes are the very same! Unless someone can tell me that there are other series by this author that are very different, then I'm done.
♡Tonya♡
Short, sweet and safe. Not very steamy. Second chance romance.
Maree Repa
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heat and Ice

Rachel Cole was returning home after her day of work. Hurrying before as it was getting all to close before Christmas now, before the weather was going to get any worse.

When arriving at her mothers house realising her mother was mint even home at all. She realised she was out there by herself. But her brother had told her that now David Harris was coming too to the house as well during this big storm.

Rachel did like David one bit. She wasnt happy about this. This was all organised by
Carol
Dec 10, 2018 marked it as tbr-already-own  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
One Night in the Ice Storm was included in a duet called "Stranded" with another novella by Samantha Chase .
I read it under that format so I am posting my rating only here- as it is just too easy to mix up all these Christmas stories.
J. Kahele
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first when I read this I was irritated. You have a girl who lost her virginity to her brothers best friend and my first reaction was what a jackass. He first broke the trust of his best friend by sleeping with his sister and second was so blaise about taking her virtue.

But....

David is a nice guy and he has always thought of Rachael. So will they find love in the ice storm, or will the find regret?
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
Short, sexy read. I may have to check out more by this author. This book has been sitting in my kindle for a while now. Glad I found it this weekend
Shannon

4.5*

I went into this expecting a sweet little second chance romance, with maybe a touch of angst because of how things ended between Rachel and David when they were teens. What I didn't expect was the tears and for my chest to hurt so much from the pain they were both suffering! What a terrific novella this is- all the feels and emotions packed into a short story that can be read in less than two hours. I love when an author is able to convey such emotions and can really draw you into a story,
Angelica
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet, somewhat predictable but well-written romantic novella. I liked Rachel and David's story that had just enough for me to read to the end, and yet it was short on details something that these shorter books do that I enjoy with more lengthy books. You were given enough to fill in the details and overall the writing was great so it helped overcome the disappointment in the length of the story for me. I would recommend this for a light reading add to your reading list!
Amanda Siegrist
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet and cute!
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
A million stars... Dancing, singing... making everyone so very happy....

short story .. but i am satisfied...the characters are amazing..
OMG... THE EMOTIONS... swoons!!!!

i love it when the guy is so in love with the girl and she is so oblivious of his emotions.. and then something happens and everything is revealed..
David was amazing, he had those feelings for rachel that were very obvious.. he is protective, good-hearted and so very caring for her .. i mean my heart just stopped beating.. it
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

She'd always thought he was gentle beneath his tough exterior. That was how he'd seemed growing up. He would beat up bullies at school and take care of stray dogs.

His voice sounded strange - with more texture than it normally had - so she looked up to search his face.

'I had a long way to climb.' The words were soft, uninflected, not bitter, just resigned.

She could still hear him breathing her name, and she wanted to always hear him say it that way. Like she was
Kristine
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

This is the second novella in the One Night Novellas series. Take away the cheesy title and I think I liked it better than the first. Let me state that each novella is a stand alone so you can pick them up in any order and enjoy.

This story is extremely predictable but for some reason I really liked it. I think that maybe it was the characters that did it for me. I really, really, really liked David with his take
Bernadett Surányi
Sometimes I just want to read something quick, a short story which does not require too much thinking. And this one, it was:

I absolutely loved it. It was exactly what I looked for. Just a short romance story with cute, loveable characters, in a bit difficult situation.
I adored David. I love protective men, and David well yeah, bossy, overbearing, but:
- Why cant I be self-sufficient too? - Her voice got strangely hoarse on the last words, and it wasnt because she wanted to cry.
- Because Im here -
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Short, sweet, and heart melting love story of second chances...perfect for the Holiday!Photobucket I'm so caught up with Rachel & David! Love it!Photobucket

Sincere
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is heart-warming story. and very sweet .

There was snow storm in the town, and everywhere was covered by the ice.
Rachael,who came home to celebrate christmas holiday with her family
found herself struck in her home with her ex-boyfriend David alone.
While her family,mother and brother, struck in supermarket somewhere.
Had been hurt from their break-up, Rachael decided to keep distance from him.
but how could she, since her heart still yearning for him.

when I know how hurt Rachael be from their
Southern Sky
Feb 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Ugh 8 year separation without so much as 1 conversation. He dumped her because her grandfather threatened him and his mom and her brother knew it and refused to say anything. She had plenty of sexual partners in that time, unsure about him but I assume he did also since he apparently is too stupid to realize she might be upset about him dumping her and that might be why she won't speak to him and acts like he doesn't exist. He was a teenager sure but what about when they were both adults? No ...more
PJ
3.5 Shorty-Shortster Stars :)

I love Noelle Adams "One Night" novellas. You can finish one in an hour or less. They're the fast food of romance stories: short and hot!

Sure there could be more, but these books give you exactly what they advertise. Pick one up!

At the time of this review there are 4 featuring a Body Guard, a Best Friend, a Boss and an Ice Storm. I love trapped together stories. :)
Sometime
This was a sweet romantic novella. I liked the characters (although Rachel was ridiculously stubborn except when she needed to be). My only criticism is that I wish they had their conversation BEFORE they hopped in the sack.

A nice quick read.
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book from the trilogy I read and it is my favorite.
Jeanette montgomery
A quick and easy read!

I loved this book from start to finish.

I love the characters and the story.
Aldara  Kamey
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lo amo. Fin.
Karen
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star-reads
I really love this author's writing. This is such a nice short sweet romance and of course with an HEA. It's great when I'm in the mood for some light and easy reading!!
Bette Hansen
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story about two people who once loved as teens but because of secrets kept grew apart. This is the story of their reunion and how with honesty and truth love can be renewed. Recommended.
Sandra
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Loved this short story. The perfect quick read between emotionally draining books. The heroine was very easy to identify with and the pace of he book was perfect. Loved it~!
Meka L. Rascoe
Second Chance With Your Brother's Best Friend

I really liked this story, mainly because there were some sweet moments and some sad moments. I felt sorry for what happened between Rachel and David and even upset about the why and who interfered in their lives.

Personally, I don't care much for grudges and bitterness. I think it's a waste of time when you let such feelings rule you, or rule your life. Especially when it's been years, and no one has bothered to talk about what caused the problem in
Jane
Rachel came home to her mother's house for Christmas in the county to find the house empty. Her Mom and her brother were at his place and saying because of an ice storm.

David a childhood friend and her brother's best friend was stopping to get a tool he had loaned her brother; only problem for Rachel is the same David broke her heart eight years ago and she never got over it.

David went into the ditch, Rachel went out to check on him, twisted her ankle and was nearly frozen when she got back to
Tanja Glavnik
This one made me so mad.

I liked pretty much everything about it - except the Grandfather thing which I saw coming A MILE away, and also how the guys in here handled it.

First off, you get told by the gramps to stay clear. Ok. Then you do, breaking the girl's heart in the process. THEN of course what happens is when years later she's trying to protect herself from what she thinks will be a repeat performance, it's ALL HER FAULT and SHE'S THE ENEMY.

Hello?!

How is she to be blamed for something she
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Play Book Tag: One Night in an Ice Storm / Noelle Adams - 5 Stars! 4 16 Nov 23, 2016 01:36PM

• Last Light
  • And Then One Day (Magnolia Sound #4)
  • Duty Bound (The Protectors, #1)
  • Something About a Hot Guy
  • Sunkissed Days (Magnolia Sound, #0.5)
  • Forever Bound (The Protectors, #3)
  • In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)
  • Dragon Baby (Night and Day Ink, #5)
  • Remind Me (Magnolia Sound, #1)
  • The Football Pants Chronicles
  • The Duke's Twin: A Regency Short Story
  • A Girl Like You (Magnolia Sound #2)
  • A Very Married Christmas (Silver Bell Falls, #3)
  • An Instant Connection (Insta-Spark Collection, #3)
  • Valentine's Day Virgin
  • Keane: Time of my Life
  • A Dash of Christmas (Montgomery Brothers)
  • Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #5)
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many

One Night Novellas (6 books)
  • One Night with her Best Friend (One Night novellas, #1)
  • One Night with her Bodyguard (One Night novellas, #3)
  • One Night with her Boss (One Night novellas, #4)
  • One Night with her Roommate (One Night novellas, #5)
  • One Night with the Best Man (One Night novellas, #6)

News & Interviews

“So if it's so important for you to be self-sufficient, why do you call my self-sufficiency stubborn? Why can't I be self-sufficient too?" Her voice got strangely hoarse on the last words, and it wasn't because she wanted to cry.
He lifted the hand that had been caressing her back and cupped her cheek with it instead. "Because I'm here", he murmured. "Because I'm here, and I want to help you.”
0 likes