Start by marking “One Night with her Best Friend (One Night novellas, #1)” as Want to Read:
One Night with her Best Friend (One Night novellas, #1)

One Night with her Best Friend

(One Night Novellas #1)

It just took fourteen years...and one hot night.

After growing up with an unstable father, Kate has always prided herself on her organized and well-planned life. She's secure now with a good job and an impressive boyfriend. And with Aaron, her best friend since high school.

Aaron might be smart, funny, and sexy, but he has never been anything more than a friend. Kate will
ebook
Published December 2019 (first published November 3rd 2012)

Start your review of One Night with her Best Friend (One Night novellas, #1)
Talltree
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet hot novella read about an anal-retentive h and her geeky best friend H and how they get their HEA. For a short read, the characters are done very well. I liked how much the H was into the h and how well he knew her.

Safe with exception: (view spoiler)
Shawna
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to get together with your best friend? Kate hasn't....but her best friend Aaron has. After a disasterous date night for Kate, the line is unexpectantly crossed between Kate and Aaron. Can they ever go back to being just friends? Or can they move forward and become more? Everything can change in one night.

A sweet little novella. I've come to realize that I enjoy reading author Noelle Adams on particularily stressful days. Her books might not be 5 star
Nareh
Thenia
A short story about two best friends who cross the friend zone line and discover that they were meant to be together.

Likable, three dimensional characters and a realistic plot.

Short and to the point, this is a fun story that hits the spot if you need a quick romance fix.

The series continues with One Night in the Ice Storm next.

Previous book review:
One Night with her Boss (One Night Novellas #4) ~ ★★★ (18/06/2019) (read out of order)
PJ
3.5 Shorty-Shortster Stars :)

I love Noelle Adams "One Night" novellas. You can finish one in an hour or less. They're the fast food of romance stories: short and hot!

Sure there could be more, but these books give you exactly what they advertise. Pick one up!

At the time of this review there are 4 featuring a Body Guard, a Best Friend, a Boss and an Ice Storm. I love trapped together stories. :)
Belle
I'll admit I absolutely adore stories where best friend fall in love - usually with one pining away for the other, and the other realising what was before them. This did not disappoint in that department.

Sadly it was SUPER short, and sheesh one night is right, everything happened so fast, I couldnt even process any of it. haha
Easy, quick read romantic read. I give it 2/5
Maree Repa
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Friends to Lovers

I was absolutely thrilled to receive book
one, One Night novella. Written by the amazing, Noelle Adams. Another most exciting romantic tales from this incredible winning author. I now was completely blessed to start yet another most beautiful series.

Kate Carlson worked continuously
typing through her work only hoping to finish it in time. She forced onward into the night as she knew it would have to be completed by that night.

Listening to her best friend Aaron who walked
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
28/11 - I read Noelle Adams' novella trilogy (or at least that's what I'm calling them) One Night in the Ice Storm, One Night with her Best Friend and One Night with her Bodyguard over the space of about four hours and as they were only about 60 or 70 pages long I'm going to write one review for all of them. They were all very similar in general plot and characterisation. The heroine either doesn't like the hero or doesn't see him in a romantic way. The hero has loved the heroine for years, but ...more
Michelle Christine Kua
"This is the truth Kate, I don't understand why every man in the world isn't in love with you." - Aaron

"I know its wrong because its not what you want, but I can't seem to talk myself out of it. Every time I look at you, I want you. Not as a friend, I want you in my arms. I want you in my bed. I want you all the time." -Aaron

Best friends who discovered their passion for one another in one night after Kate was dumped by her new boyfriend again. Kate always lived the life on being primp and
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Hey this one is quite pretty good. Eventhough i dont know the author and was intrigued by the title i decided to give this one a try, its good though the story was predictable and short, i wish there was more of the story. It's a typical story about bestfriends falling for each other, each one falling one way or another but eventually realizing that they're better be with one another. And here i thought they would never say the words i love you hihi it would definitely be a cliff hanger if they ...more
Anais Torres
Sweet

This book takes place all within one night and I don't know if I love it or hate it. I mean, my love for Noelle Adams is still rising and I'm still continuing my pursuit to read all her books. Just this story was odd for me.
Jenn
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the best friend angle. Wish there was more to the story!!!
Nazneen
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-reads
I liked Kate & Aron's short story..He was so into her from the beginning..I loved how he understood her & cared for her..
Crystal Schroth
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friend romance

I thought the story line was good and the writing was okay but could have been a little bit more detailed.
Bette Hansen
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice light romance between two people who have been best friends forever but are afraid of ruining what they have by being more.
Karen
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star-reads
I wanted a short sweet romantic book and that is exactly what I got with this novella!!
Evey
Formulaic NA/erotic novella. It's not terrible, but it's not good either.
Katina
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really short but sweet read.
Saundra
Cute story, as short as it is, I actually cared whether Kate and Aaron ended up together. It was nothing I haven't read before, but not a bad way to spend an hour.
Melissa Salinas
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this one had me a little pissed off at the guy because I mean why can't some guys just step up, why must the girls make the first move especially when he's the one with the feelings, and girls obviously always doubt themselves and signs they see. So man up dude! Once it finally happened, I was like YES!! Finally, even thought it's a short book it felt like it took a while to get the good and HOT parts.
Nina
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving it a three, not because it was bad but because it's a short book and for that reason I didn't get emotionally invested with the characters.

But I will say this, I just figured out that novellas are like a reset button. If you ever go through an emotional wringer, just read one of these HEA short books and you'll be reset for the next big thing.
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable novella. While it does remain quite quite short; I found the characters to be quite relatable. The love was very heartwarming to listen to. I look forward to exploring more of Noelle's writings.
Rebecca Wheeler
This was cute, and I really enjoyed it. Since finding out one of my favourite authors Clare Kent is actually a pen name for Noelle Adams, and Samantha Chase, I intend to go through both their back-lists.
Nerdy girl
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From best friends to lovers have always been my favorite plot and this is no exception. For a novella it was a good read. I felt the jealousy, love, chemistry between Aaron and Kate. One should definitely read it.
Mariana Maiz
It was cute, but I've seen the same plot at least a hundred times before.
Rhonda Beard
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh I wish this was a full length novel! It was the perfect friends to lovers story
Melody Cox
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoy these short stories by Noelle Adams. This was another winner.
Cassey
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light and quick read.
Sandra
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nice!

Loved the great chemistry between these two friends. In one night a rollercoaster of emotions awaits us in this story. Quick read.
Kerry
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love a good friend to lovers story, and this one was so sweet. There is a lot of emotion in this novella, and I couldn't get enough!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• And Then One Day (Magnolia Sound #4)
  • All I Want Is A Kiss
  • Something About a Hot Guy
  • Mistletoe Between Friends
  • Every Night Without You (Unfinished Love, #2)
  • Catering to the CEO
  • Valentine's Day Virgin
  • Taking What's Mine (Forced Submission, #1)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys Book 1)
  • Billionaire's Island Bride (The Bad Boy Billionaires, #3)
  • Private Passions (Private, #4)
  • Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Scrooged
  • The Christmas Cottage (The Christmas Cottage, #1)
  • Winning Balance: What I've Learned So Far about Love, Faith, and Living Your Dreams
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many

One Night Novellas (6 books)
  • One Night in the Ice Storm (One Night novellas, #2)
  • One Night with her Bodyguard (One Night novellas, #3)
  • One Night with her Boss (One Night novellas, #4)
  • One Night with her Roommate (One Night novellas, #5)
  • One Night with the Best Man (One Night novellas, #6)

News & Interviews

“This is the truth, Kate. I don’t understand why every man in the world isn’t in love with you.” 3 likes
“I know it’s wrong because it’s not what you want, but I can’t seem to talk myself out of it. Every time I look at you, I want you. Not as a friend. I want you in my arms. I want you in my bed. I want you all the time.” 3 likes