Start by marking “Tangled In The Web” as Want to Read:
Tangled In The Web

Tangled In The Web

Beat up. Burned down. Blackmailed. Quick is having a bad week.

His shop has burned to the ground. He’s being blackmailed by a mysterious organization called Satellite. And he’s recovering from a beat down from a roller derby athlete.

So, the last thing he needs is a trip to Cleveland. But with no other choice, he attends the Rock and Roll Auction and discovers Donnie Dulut
Published September 24th 2019 by Blue Trolley Press

To ask other readers questions about Tangled In The Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled In The Web

Start your review of Tangled In The Web
Kathy
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first reading of this author, and the reason I tried this book was the attraction of humour enrobing crime in the world of sports memorabilia. After the season we had with the Chicago Cubs (not to mention the Sox) I thought this one sounded likely to provide a smile or two.
It has many outrageous characters, extreme situations for our man Quick and some gnarly criminals and what they are willing to do to pass off forgeries for big money.
I did not read the first Quick book but I figure
Nebula Castelino
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksirens
"Tangled in the Web" by Jeff Stanger will appeal to art, memorabilia and ardent baseball fans. This book is a mix of mystery and humour and is narrated through Quick who is full of wit and charm, and I was drawn to him right from the start. The writing ability of Jeff to introduce significant events or concepts of Baseball throughout the story was well done. The supporting characters such as Simone, Emily Tarantola, Donnie Duluth, Zeus and Victor Simmons to mention a few were memorable, and thei ...more
Beth Birnbaum
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently found a giant album of approximately 500 rookie baseball cards from the 1990's. Ah ha, I thought, they must be worth something. A few were. Most were available on Amazon from 1 to 99 cents.
But sometimes, especially if they're old, baseball cards and other memorabilia can be worth a fortune. Just ask O.J. who got away with murder, by not with stealing sports memorabilia. People take this stuff seriously.
Now, add a dealer who just had his store burnt down, a reputation to uphold despit
Debbie
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given a review sample of the book. 'Tangled In The Web' in return for an honest review. Jeff Stanger has written another hit (triple? no, home run!). The novel grabs you from the first page with the opening line, "This story includes recreational dentistry, family feuds and unusual tattoos (some sexy, some frightening).". What? Tell me more, please! The baseball theme, catchy dialog and some unexpected and funny situations added to the adventure and left me eager for "extra innings", but m ...more
Pat Eroh
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the series but I did not read the first one yet. No matter. This book is absolutely hilarious and compelling, disturbing and fun-filled. No matter what, you just have to love Quick!

Jodi Sweet
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I learned things about baseball that my husband, the expert, didn’t even know! Quick is a funny character, even when he’s getting beat to a pulp. He just doesn’t know how to keep his mouth shut. But he does have a good sense of humor about all of it. I’m looking forward to the next book and learning more about baseball!

T Olsen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well written and amusing story, but I prefer main characters that try to do smart things and not letting themselves get beat up.
Ken Montgomery
Apr 14, 2021
Terri
Apr 27, 2021
GOOD REVIEWS: Humor/Mystery Reviews Wanted 1 4 Sep 04, 2019 07:46AM

• Lies on the island (Detective Liam O'Reilly #2)
  • Shoot if you Must
  • The Last Resort
  • The Dancing Dodo
  • Detective Inspector Skelgill Boxset: 1 (Inspector Skelgill Investigates #1-4)
  • THE TUTANKHAMUN MURDER an addictive crime mystery full of twists (Eric Ward Mystery Book 16)
  • The Wherryman (DI Tanner #6)
  • The Skeletons of Birkbury (DCI Peter Hatherall Mystery #1)
  • CHAIN REACTION an absolutely addictive crime thriller with a huge twist (DI MIKE NASH SERIES Book 12)
  • Bells on her Toes (DCI Peter Hatherall Mystery #2)
  • Point Of No Return (Peter Hatherall Mystery Book 3)
  • Who Killed Vivien Morse? (DCI Peter Hatherall Mystery #4)
  • The Bleeding Heart Killer (DI Mike Nash, #11)
  • Ahead of the Game (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers #10)
  • Twisted Truth (DCI Peter Hatherall Mystery #5)
  • The Paperboy (DCI Peter Hatherall Mystery #6)
  • A Fiery End
Jeff Stanger writes funny novels that usually have the game of baseball as a backdrop. You don't have to be a student of the game or even a fan to enjoy them, however. There is enough mystery, danger, and even romance to keep you on the edge of your seat. His current work includes the Quick Baseball Mystery Series which follows the exploits of a rare baseball memorabilia dealer who always seems to ...more

News & Interviews