Start by marking “The Creative Art of Wishfulness” as Want to Read:
The Creative Art of Wishfulness

The Creative Art of Wishfulness

Godfrey Lackland simply wants to do his work as an artist...

A brilliant but destitute painter, Godfrey Lackland is surviving in Bangkok on street-food and pool-showers.

When he's discovered by an online wellness guru he jumps at her offer of a job teaching creativity on her upcoming Balinese retreat.

While navigating the holy yearnings and spiritual confusions of Alexandra
Published July 17th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about The Creative Art of Wishfulness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Creative Art of Wishfulness

Start your review of The Creative Art of Wishfulness
Tiff Adele
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I agree with another review - that this book captures everything you want to say (or might be thinking in your head) when embarking on a wellness journey. A wonderful comedy novel to read when we all need a bit of a chuckle at this weird and wonderful life.

There was a definite moment when I laughed out loud at Godfrey and really empathised with the Or character!! I thought, ‘oh my goodness, I’ve been that girl in past relationships’. I laughed so hard my housemate came to see what I was looking
Lisa
Apr 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Really rather loved this book. As an editor and ghostwriter in the self-help field, this book explicitly and hilariously captured the realities of those looking for enlightenment in the form of a $5k spa retreat. Both comedic and poignant, revealing what we lose when we rely on others to provide us with hope, Humphreys knows of what he writes. Half donkeyclown and half Hemingwayesque nomad, his protagonist draws the curtain back on the difference between what we want and need, and what serves hu ...more
Voracious reader P
Mar 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
A book based on someone the author ripped off.
Dimitris Schoen
Apr 23, 2021 rated it did not like it
For a book where you treated Indian people like monkeys. The monkey is you and pédophile rapist pédophile partner
Claire
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witty, side-splitting satire of modern wellness and mindfulness culture and the ridiculous pretense that comes with it. Humphreys combines humor with beautiful, descriptive prose. I found myself wanting to highlight funny lines so I could go back and reread them and laugh all over again. Humphreys’ characters are over-the-top but somehow also oddly familiar and realistic. I appreciated the ending as well. Looking forward to reading more of his work!
Peri
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Godfrey Lackland says everything you wish you could say
This book is a delightful juxtaposition of beauty and ugliness, progress and demise, sacred and obscene.
Join the marvelous cast of characters and explore all the types (whom you, yourself, might already know or be) and enjoy the hijinks that ensue.
Women who run with wolves? Check. Impromptu fake creativity classes involving carrots and people in wheelbarrows? Check. Starving artist’s compulsively stealing samples of cheese? Check.
Romance. Ch
Genevieve
Feb 17, 2020
Aimee  Bello
Jun 29, 2020
Kayla
rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2020

• The Secret Garden
  • The Red Tent
  • The Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World
  • Unoffendable: How Just One Change Can Make All of Life Better
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • The A.B.C. Murders (Hercule Poirot, #13)
  • Job