Start by marking “The Happy Ever After Playlist” as Want to Read:
The Happy Ever After Playlist

The Happy Ever After Playlist

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Friend Zone comes an adorable and fresh romantic comedy about one trouble-making dog who brings together two perfect strangers.

Two years after losing her fiancé, Sloan Monroe still can't seem to get her life back on track. But one trouble-making pup with a "take me home" look in his eyes is about to change everything. With her
ebook
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Happy Ever After Playlist, please sign up.
Crystal I'm with you!! I finished this book on Thursday, and I normally pick another book up immediately after. It's been five days, and I still haven't…moreI'm with you!! I finished this book on Thursday, and I normally pick another book up immediately after. It's been five days, and I still haven't started my next book! The ending was so terribly heartbreaking, but it also showed how strong of a woman Sloan is. So, I can't wait to read her story!(less)
Kari | Books For The Living After! It takes place two years after The Friend Zone.…moreAfter! It takes place two years after The Friend Zone. (less)

Start your review of The Happy Ever After Playlist
Larry H
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
It's been nearly two years since Sloan's fiancé was killed and she has spent the whole time grieving, a shell of her vivacious, creative former self. She hasn't cooked, she hasn't painted creatively, and she barely sees anyone, including her best friends, Kristen and Josh. But she can't fathom moving on with her life since the moment it changed so drastically.

One day, on her way to visit Brandon's grave, she sees a golden blur rush out into the street. She slams on her brakes, hoping against
book bruin
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby Jimenez has done it again! She continues to amaze me by writing the most wonderfully relatable characters and stories that are not only heartfelt and emotional, but also laugh out loud hilarious. After reading The Friend Zone (which is one of my top reads ever!) I could not wait to get back to this world. The Happy Ever After Playlist can definitely be read as a standalone, but it would probably be best enjoyed after reading The Friend Zone, since characters from that book appear and that ...more
Sheyla ✎
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Can't wait!
Lyndse Kay
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*WARNING! THIS BOOK WILL CAUSE A LOSS OF RATIONALE AND ALL CONCEPTS OF TIME!*

Well folks, Abby Jimenez has done it again. With her first [published] book, The Friend Zone, it took me a few chapters to find my reading flow. With The HEAP, it took me about two paragraphs before I was sucked back in, and it felt like I had been happily reunited with my dear friend Sloan (who I’ve been desperately concerned for ever since finishing TFZ this past summer).

Having lost a loved one myself, I have always
Kari | Books For The Living
I laughed. I cried. I loved.

Y’all are just getting a quick mini-review of this one since there are still 6 months before it comes out, but long story short, I loved it. I tried my best to make it last, but I read it in less than 2 days. As y’all know, I am not a fast reader, so that says a lot I think.

I was a huge fan of Brandon in THE FRIEND ZONE, so I wasn’t sure how Sloan’s new guy in THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST would live up to expectations. Jason is *very* flirty right off the bat, which
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Because I have no chill I read this April release in October and let me tell you...worth it. Get this on your TBR. Full review to come closer to release date. All the love!
Kim
Y’all I can’t even right now. It’s pretty rare for me to read a book this far in advance of release (April 2020!) but I literally couldn’t wait. I needed Sloan’s story more than I can even explain after what went down in The Friend Zone. The Happy Ever After Playlist was the sequel I needed. I laughed. I cried. I swooned. I cried some more. Perfection. Oh, my feels.

RTC closer to release, after I’ve reread it at least once.

Simone
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OK, so I didn't want to write anything too revealing just yet because the release date is so far away. So I'll leave you with my overall impressions. I'll update this when we get closer to the publishing date.

I devoured this book in two days, but also easily could have done it in one because this story kept me reading. The characters are well-managed and I think most people will really love Jason and his charismatic and empathetic personality. I imagined him as Shawn Mendez or Ed Sheeran. The
Really Into This
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Thank you Read Forever for my gifted review copy.

I've been waiting to read THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST since I finished THE FRIEND ZONE. Actually, that's a lie.

I wanted to read HEA PLAYLIST as I was reading TFZ because this is the moment where I learned Abby wrote this book first! Once I knew more about Sloan, I had to read her story!

Estelle from Read Forever sent
Richelle Robinson
*NetGalley Review*

After reading and LOVING “The Friend Zone” earlier this year, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. My heart broke for Sloan in the last book and while I read this book I wanted to reach in and give her a big hug.

“It was hard to come to terms with something that didn’t make sense, like a tragic untimely death or a breakup that came out of nowhere. How could anyone be at peace when they don’t know what they did to deserve it or what they could have done to make things
b.andherbooks
I'm having a difficult time giving this story a star rating because something about Jimenez's writing grabs me by the throat, tosses me into a tornado, and doesn't let me go until I've reached the end surrounded by the destruction of my feelings. So, if that's what you are looking for, hold on for the ride Dorothy.

I gobbled up The Happy Ever After Playlist, happy to see Sloan recovering from her grief over the events in The Friend Zone (a book which filled me with similar feelings), and being
Kori Sulewski (_livelaughread)
I absolutely LOVED this. I read Abby Jimenez's debut, The Friend Zone, earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The banter was right up my alley! When I found out there was going to be a companion following Sloan's story, I knew I'd need to read it!

I think I loved this even more than the first. It's an incredible combination of heartfelt and emotional while also making me laugh out loud. The dialogue is witty and the entire story is really well paced throughout. It's a roller coaster of
Tori Lee
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Where to even start with this book? I read The Friend Zone earlier this year and I absolutely adored it so I could not wait to get my hands on this one. Author Abby Jimenez has the uncanny ability to submerge me completely in the story at the start of her books and I'm lucky if I know what day it is by the time I've finished. This book had everything a great rom-com should include – an epic meet-cute (like, I don't think anything will top this one for me), banter that will, at the same ...more
Dawn Cooper
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can count the number of times I have been so invested in a book I cried. The Notebook was first and The Fault in our Stars was second. The Friend Zone dove right into that category & The Happy Ever After Playlist came in hot on its heels. The tough stories written inside of funny quirky writing is the best thing ever. People have junk, life is messy and to write something that feels like I am learning about my new best friends is a breath of fresh air. I know 2020 seems a long ways out, ...more
angelareadsbooks
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diverse-romance
Review to come but now I have to decide if Friend Zone or Happily Ever After Playlist is my favorite book of the year. Maybe have to just choose both!!!
Summer
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am always a sucker for a regular person dating a celebrity, so this book had me at the blurb. The writing is hilarious and effortlessly shifts on a dime to touching or gut-wrenching. This author really works that balance masterfully.

Without giving away anything in the story, I will say at one point, I jumped out of my chair, tears in my eyes, screaming with glee so loudly I scared the hell out of my dogs.
Brei
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am still processing how much I loved this book. I didn't want it to end! I loved how real this all felt.

Longer Review to come.

Go Preorder this book!
Kailey (kmc_reads)
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so so amazing. RTC!
Amy
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-arcs
RTC but it was amazing and if you loved TFZ go ahead and preorder it ASAP! SO GOOD
Lindsay (nerdybooknurse)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
{ @readforeverpub #partner } The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez takes place around two years after the events in The Friend Zone. Sloan is a shell of herself, trying to figure out how to move on after her fiance Brandon was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident. The last thing she needs is more stress but the universe doesn't seem to be listening when she's sitting at an intersection and a dog comes leaping through her sunroof and onto her lap. She does everything she can to find the ...more
Ginger at GReadsBooks
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-2020
Another stellar novel by one of my favorite authors! If you read & loved The Friend Zone, you definitely need to have her next book on your to be read list.

This story focuses on grief & how we learn to begin again when our lives feel as if they’ve ended. There was a lot I could physically relate to as I witnessed the crippling effects grief had on Sloan, the main character. Though their attraction felt instant & booming with fireworks from the beginning, Sloan and Jason still felt
Lucy Sellers
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved The Friend Zone! I cannot wait to get my hands on another Abby Jimenez masterpiece!!!!
Dayle (the literary llama)
Okay, if you're like me and you've read The Friend Zone, you made it to the end and thought, "there damn well better be a Sloan book coming next!" There may have also been some tears and further emphatic demands made toward the universe but that basically sums it up. Well cheers to all because The Happy Ever After Playlist does not disappoint! And while you can absolutely read this one without reading Abby Jimenez's first book, I still highly recommend reading The Friend Zone first. It will make ...more
Gisselle Diaz (gissellereads)
GO PRE-ORDER THIS BOOK!

If you loved The Friend zone you will love this book. When a book makes me cry that's how i know it was a good one. I couldn't get enough of Sloan and Jason, I just finished the book and I miss them already.

A more detailed review coming soon!
Tina
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved The Friend Zone; The Happy Ever After Playlist is on another level! Quick thoughts while I process Sloan’s story...the beginning made me so happy, then it broke my heart and then it put the pieces back together again. I laughed, I cried and I loved every minute of it!

Pre-order this book now in anticipation of its release on April 14, 2020. If for some crazy reason, you haven’t read The Friend Zone yet, order it now...you can thank me later!
Shawna (what.shawna.reads)
Content warning: depiction of grief, drug abuse

I read an eARC of The Friend Zone in May and pre-ordered immediately after, but I haven’t opened that copy at all. I feel like I read The Friend Zone at exactly the right time for me and if I reread it, it just wouldn’t be as great as it was then so I think I was a lot more hesitant than other ARC readers at this point (5 months before publication)

I bawled reading the last line of my Friend Zone ARC that told me to expect Sloan’s story in 2020. I am
workreadsleeprepeat (Shannon H)
Patty Cooper
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am one of the lucky ones - I've already read Sloan's story. It started in Abby Jimenez's best selling first book - The Friend Zone, and the story telling has continued to be just as good in this book as well. I love Sloan, and you just want for her to be happy. A dog, a boy, a texting relationship - what could go wrong?
If you are here because you loved The Friend Zone - all I can say, is that you won't be disappointed. It's a great read! Now I can't wait for Abby's next book!

If you came here
Janette
Jul 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
I need this so badly.
Courtney Davis
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished The Friend Zone and I can’t wait for Sloan’s story to come out. 2020 can’t get here fast enough!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Honey-Don't List
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • All I Want for Christmas Is You
  • In Five Years
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Love Lettering
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
Abby Jimenez is a Food Network winner and USA Today best selling author with her hit debut novel The Friend Zone. She founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. Abby's wry literary wit was spotlighted as the admin behind the hilarious viral comments on the now ...more