Start by marking “The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)

The Navigator

(Tales of the Wendy #2)

NOT EVERY ADVENTURE GOES AS PLANNED …

Wendy’s troubles are far from over. Hook wants her in irons, the crew wants to throw her overboard, and Pan’s magical compass is the only thing standing in their way. But Pan himself is nowhere to be found.

When a new everlost captain appears on the horizon, it will take everything Wendy has to survive.

And a tiny red dragon will
Published October 8th 2019 by Trash Dogs Media, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Navigator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Navigator

Start your review of The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES! 🥰

Once again, I have read many retellings, but few have impressed me as much as this series. It is innovative while still staying true to the original. The only thing that makes me mad, is that I don't know when I get to read the next book! 😂

"Don't think Captain Hook is above placing a dog in irons, because he is not."

THE THINGS I LOVED ❤️

Pan!: The very best part of this book, compared to the previous, was definitely the fact that there was m
Steven Brown
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Has to be one of the top 4 books I have written.
Violet Stone
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-the-author
Guys! It's release day! The Navigator is now available! Grab your copy!

Where do I even start with this glorious book? It contains that childlike wonder while still dealing with mature themes, such as loss and war.

Wendy is now the navigator for Hook's ship. She's done it! Her dream of sailing with the English Navy is coming true, of course this is all begrudgingly of course. Since she's the only one the magic compass will work for, they sort of have to bring her along.

While she struggles to prove
Alaina
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Navigator is the second book from the Tales of the Wendy Series. Just like the first one, I was definitely hooked within the first few chapters. No idea as to why I took so long to dive into it but maybe I forgot that I even had it? Seems like it could've, and probably did, happen to me. Anyways, still enjoyed the crap out of this adventure book.. and might even want to dive into some Peter Pan movies??

That being said,
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Erin Michelle Sky, Steven Brown and INscribe Digital for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars.

After having read "The Wendy" which is the first story in this series, I was eager to get my hands on a copy of this one as I thoroughly enjoyed the first. This did not disappoint at all. It's such a fun retelling version of Peter Pans characters with the author's own twists to the characters. It was such fun to read and I really like Wendy's character. S
Lydia Sherrer
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Navigator takes Barrie’s Peter Pan to a whole new level

When I finished reading Book 1 of Tales of the Wendy several years ago, I remember how upset I was because, at the time, there was not yet any release date announced for the next book! I was staring at a bleak, tortuous landscape of never-ending years spent longing for the next book with no relief on the horizon. Knowing that may give you just a peak at how much I enjoyed “The Wendy” and how much I was looking forward to “The Navigator.”
Erin Sky
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Just as much fun to write as the first one! On to book 3 ...
Kacie
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok that was awesome, funny, and thoroughly enjoyable but...THERE'S ANOTHER BOOK??? I'm tired of waiting for books to come out. I don't even know when the next one is going to be released! I'm very sad now:(
Fernanda Granzotto
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
* Thank you Netgalley and INscribe Digital for sending me an e-arc of this book for review, all opinions are my own*

This book was much slower than the first one.

I feel like during the whole book I didn't know where the story was going, which sometimes can be good or bad I haven't decided yet, even though I finished the book I still don't know if I liked the way the story is going but I admit that the end left me more excited and intrigued for the third book.
I highly recommend you pick up this bo
Patricia Burroughs
I thoroughly enjoyed The Wendy, the first book in this series.

But in no way did it prepare me for this book, its sequel.

The Navigator is a wild ride with unexpected turns of plot and revelations, and Wendy comes into her own again and again. Part of the delight of The Navigator is the many ways the authors have played with the concepts of the source material while still being true to the essence of its characters and rollicking adventure.

The "Tales of The Wendy" series is Peter Pan turned upsid
T.A.
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some of you may have heard or seen me talk about The Wendy before, which is the first book in this series and immediately became one of my favorites when I read it back in 2018. I've recommended it more times than I can count and will continue to do so until the end of time because the book is honestly just that good. So you could say my expectations for this second book in the series were very high and very hopeful.

Not only did the book live up to my hopes and expectations, it exceeded them in
Melanie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great twist to an old tale. I am so glad that these author's stayed true to the same characters and places but just put their own twist on Neverland and some other aspects of this story. A great read for sure. I will not look at this movie the same again.

In the first book of this series, The Wendy, we meet and learn a lot about Wendy Darling. Wendy wants to be on a ship with a crew, but she never intended to be on a ship with Captain Hook. Wendy is a very ambitious young lady that is dete
Emily Gault
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH! I havent read a book that has sucked me into the story and made me want to keep reading for hours and days on end in a few years. This brought my book nerd heart alive and my childhood dreams were reborn. Wendy Darling is the epitome of perfect female protagonists in my opinion. She is strong and vulnerable (like she is still human) and she is what I always wanted the original Wendy Darling to be. Thank you for giving my childhood heart a beloved role model in this wo ...more
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Clean Read; reimagining of the Peter Pan story told from Wendy Darlings point of view
I have to confess, I am late getting this review up, but this was a gorgeous re-telling of the Peter Pan story from a dynamic, adventurous, determined, couragous Wendy Darling. I haven't read the first book in this series, but was able to read this and enjoy this without doing so. However, that being said, I will go back and read it to get the beginning at some point.
This is an adventurous, fantastically detaile
Milou
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I finished this decent sized (350pg) book in a single day, which in itself should tell you I loved it. This is the second book in the Tales of the Wendy series, in which we follow Wendy Darling. She has joined the English fleet captained by Hook as a navigator, leading them to Neverland to acquire a flying ship and defeath the enemy of England, Blackheart. In this version Wendy is kick-ass, cunning and clever (carrying a sword, two pistols and a musket...), Hook is not necessarily likable but ha ...more
E.J. Hill
Often I love the first book of the series, but then I'm not as crazy about the second one. The Navigator though… it was amazing!
The story started out a little slow, but once the crew arrived in Neverland… I had to hold on to my hat because I got sprinkled with pixie dust and there was no way I could keep my feet on the ground. Neverland was a magical and beautiful place that held many marvellous things such as mermaids, dragons, imps, and of course, the much-feared Croc. This last one, the croc
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars!
For more Book Reviews Check out my blog: https://dreamyaddictions.wordpress.com/

First  of all, I'm really loving the covers in this series. They're simply beautiful. Coming to the book, It was a good sequel, but honestly I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. There's nothing wrong with the book, but the pace was a bit slow for my taste and I might've enjoyed it more if I wasn't in a slump.

After the events in the first book, Wendy finally gets on-board a ship. De
Annette
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

From the moment I discovered the Wendy I was intrigued. The first book certainly didn’t disappoint and was everything I had hoped for and more. But, the first book didn’t lead us to Neverland and I was very curious to find out what the authors would do with that amazing world.

And in this book I got everything I wanted and could dream of. The world of Neverland was even more amazing than I had hoped. At times it was bizarre and at ti
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
The Navigator is a continuation of The Wendy. Wendy and her team are aboard Hooks ship setting sail for Neverland.
Nice short chapters that capture your attention. Like the way the author seemed to speak directly to the reader during the first chapter, getting us all up to date.

Wendy is still a fabulous character tenacious and strong in such a male dominated setting.

We finally get to see Neverland, the descriptions were informative and easy to imagine. We also get to meet new characters that w
Emilie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the second installment of this series. It was fun and interesting to see how Wendy grows into her new responsibilities and takes charge of her career and her future. I enjoyed seeing her relationship with Hook develop. Wendy's understanding of herself and how she fits into her world grew and I really liked reading about that.
I didn't love this book as much as I loved the first book in the series, I think because the action and plot seemed just a little bit aimless--there wasn't
L.E. Medlock
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

Loved it. It was one of those, perfect time, perfect mood kind of books. Just in the frame of mind for a lighthearted, swashbuckling adventure. My favourite part was easily Hook's character arc: finally, a Hook that isn't a Disney-esque villain.

Having to wait until June 2020 for the conclusion though...

description

And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Hook/Wendy <3 (Pretty sure I'm in the minority here :D)

Margaret Robbins
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. :) An educator's review is forthcoming in JoLLE (Journal of Language and Literacy Education). Overall, I thought this was a wonderful YA fantasy novel with a splash of history. I wish Wendy had been a character in books when I was growing up. Even as a woman well into my 30s, she makes me feel like I can do anything I put my mind to! I needed that as a kid. The book was a little bit hard for me to get into at the beginning. I'm not entirely sure why, and it might just be a personal ta ...more
Sara Young
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent reframing of the Pan story set in 1790, with Wendy as its focus. Regular quotes from the original are interspersed into the text, and Wendy is an engaging, smart and talented character.

The world building and references to real-world history make this a complex messy world, not unlike our own.

If you like Peter Pan, and well crafted adventures, pick up “The Wendy” (not “my” Wendy or “your” Wendy, just “the” Wendy) and then this book and you will fall in love with a familiar yet all new
Autumn J Pablo
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantastical Neverland journey filled with endearing characters.

Much like Tinkerbell, my opinion of Wendy was never high... But, you've caused me to not only like her, but love her. All of your characters are well thought out and endearing and this was the 'Hook' I've been waiting for since I first saw the tale of Peter Pan and Wendy in a high school play as a 7 year old. He was a pleasure to have aboard as I sailed through the pages of The Navigator. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to read
Karli McNamee
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just Gets Better

Just brilliant! Honestly, I don't think I could possibly like Wendy more than I do. She is a flawed character who is so deeply endearing. And Peter! You would think that an unchanging being couldn't have a character arc and yet. The only thing I'm mad about is having to wait for the next one.
Whittney
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take me to Neverland! This was such a fun read. I love the characters. It was the perfect mix of a fun new adventure and characters while keeping original characters and ideas of the classic Peter Pan. 👏🏻
Shelli
I enjoyed this follow-up to The Wendy. I really like the unique twists these authors have given to these classic characters. I've read another Peter Pan retelling but it was completely different from this. What fun that I can keep revisiting this world in different ways with new surprises. I look forward to the next one!
Lizbeth
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the authors, publisher and Netgalley.com. Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Book two of The Tales of the Wendy does not disappoint! A fun read from beginning to end!

5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommend!
Louise
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A copy of this was provided free of charge from the publisher in return for an honest review.

What fun adventures these stories are!

A historical Peter Pan retelling that reimagines Wendy as the protagonist, an orphan with dreams of sailing the seas and captaining a ship.

As I said when I reviewed The Wendy, I felt that in these books, Sky and Brown have managed to create a more realistic retelling–or at least as realistic as a story can be with fairies and flying pirate ships. I really enjoyed Th
Emmie Rose
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and INscribe Digital for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I was lucky enough to be able to jump into this book straight after reading The Wendy. I found myself somewhat obsessed with this re-telling as was so eager to jump right in. Imagine my surprise when I realised that there is at least another book in this series! I’m absolutely gutted I have to wait for the next one because I really do love this re-telling.

Wendy is a strong, ind
« previous 1 3 next »

• Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
  • Dorothy in the Land of Monsters (Oz ReVamped, #1)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • Ignite the Sun
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • Of Sea and Song (Daughters of Eville #3)
  • Of Glass and Glamour (Daughters of Eville Book 2)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Exchange
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)
  • Love à la Mode
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • The Scapegracers (Scapegracers, #1)
  • A Perfect Lie
  • In Her Words
  • Across a Broken Shore
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery #1)
Erin Michelle Sky & Steven Brown, Dragon Authors

As a child, Erin fell in love with llamas and with the books of Anne McCaffrey, whose Dragonriders of Pern series inspired her to become a writer. When she finally met Anne McCaffrey at a fantasy convention some two decades later, she wept uncontrollably throughout the entire affair. She does significantly better with llamas.

Steven Brown spent his ch

Tales of the Wendy (2 books)
  • The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)