Start by marking “Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience (The Gamer Series, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience (The Gamer Series, Book 1)

Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience (The Gamer Series, Book 1)

Welcome to the D.O.D.A.I.S . . .

Just when Gwen thought she could beat any video game hands down, her boyfriend goes and gets her stuck in a top-secret government simulator named Eve 2.0. Being trapped within a couple of her favorite video games doesn't seem so bad at first, but as time becomes a factor and the A.I. program begins to get smarter, Gwen soon realizes that win
Published August 14th 2019 by Fire & Ice Young Adult Books

To ask other readers questions about Eve 2.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eve 2.0

Start your review of Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience (The Gamer Series, Book 1)
Jessica
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-novels, romance
I received this book for free from TLC Book Tours as part of a review tour.

I give this book 3.5 stars which rounds up to 4.

This was such a fun book! The premise is so cool and makes for an exciting read. The characters get launched into a wide range of video games and it was interesting to see how they adapted to each one.

One of the things I loved about this book was that each chapter of the book had a corresponding song to listen to, so you end up with a whole playlist of songs. I have to sa
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
For a gamer-girl, being trapped in her favorite video games for a while sounds like a dream come true. But when it seems like the program may be linked to illness in her boyfriend and another person, the stakes are no longer about winning, they are about making it out of the game alive…

Filled with adventure and towing that edge between young adult and new adult, this book was a surprising delight for me and one I wouldn’t normally pick up, but I’m glad I did!

Gwen Nielsen doesn’t consider herself
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
Provides a provocative, addicting gaming experience for readers of all kinds and sets the bar high for this year's gaming themed novels. Thoroughly enjoyable and fun in every sense of the word. 5/5 stars.
Marion Jones
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience is not just for gamers. It has action, adventure and mystery. Gwen, her long-distance boyfriend, Pete and her ex-boyfriend Ryan end up stuck in a game along with Ryan’s younger brother Ben. However, this is not just your run-of-the-mill VR game. This game was invented by Pete’s dad as so much more than that. Unfortunately, Pete is not aware of the consequences of ‘borrowing’ this game for him and his girlfriend to play. Now, they are stuck in the game and ...more
Katherine Paschal
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*For more reviews visit me at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

Teddy and her long distance boyfriend Pete are occasionally beta testers for Pete's dad's video game company, so when Pete tells Teddy that he sent her a new game she thinks nothing of it. But when her young neighbor falls terribly ill and then Pete does as well, Teddy feels like there might be a correlation- and the correlation is the new game, which her neighbor was delivered by mistake. Teddy realizes that she may have to play
Becca
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it

I reviewed Eve 2.0 as a part of TLC Book Tours!

Even though I have some mixed feelings about Winter Lawrence’s Eve 2.0, I must admit that I’m pleasantly surprised with this read. Automatically, I was drawn into the premise: characters being trapped inside a video game. Like — yes, please. Can that be the plot to every single story? Not only do they get trapped into one video game, they also get trapped into a few others — ranging from a child-friendly RPG (role-playing game, for you non-gaming fo
Tonja Drecker
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not only gaming fans, but action lovers, who enjoy a dash of science fiction, are sure to sink into every page of this fast-paced read.

Gwen, aka Teddy, isn't really a people person. And she definitely wants nothing more to do with her ex-boyfriend and neighbor. When her gaming friend, and maybe boyfriend, sends her the newest development from his father's gaming lab and it's delivered to the wrong address, horrible things start to happen. Her ex's younger brother suddenly lands in comma with no
Carro Herdegen
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kiss-the-book
Language: R (64 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: PG13
The only two things that Gwen’s boyfriend and her neighbor’s little brother have in common are being in a coma for no apparent reason and playing with a new video game simulation immediately prior to falling into their comas. As Gwen explores this potential cause, she finds herself trapped in a video game with the others. They’re promised by the AI Eve that returning to their bodies is as simple as accomplishing an objective --
Michelle Quinn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to read this book because hey, kids getting stuck in a video game? Sign me up! I really wished I could've liked this, but I just had too many issues with it. I didn't like a single character, so I also didn't care for any one of them. I kept reading just because I wanted to know how the game/program was working, but the characters got in the way. While the kids are stuck in the game, we also get glimpses of their parents and the super-secret government agency in control of the game; I c ...more
MoonGarden
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting ride!

Wow, this book was interesting. It reminds me a lot of a book I read years ago called Heir Apparent. Since I love that book so much, I was intrested in reading this one in the first place. It did not disappoint. Such an interesting story such interesting characters and adventures. I really enjoyed it.

John Purvis
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Author Winter Lawrence (https://www.winterlawrence.com/) published the novel “Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience” in 2019. Ms. Lawrence has published two novels. This is the first in her "The Gamer" series.

I received an ARC of this novel through https://www.netgalley.com in return for a fair and honest review. I categorize this novel as ‘PG’ because it contains some scenes of Violence. The story is a combination of science fiction, romance, and action.

The primary character is High School
Jennifer Zamboni
LitRPG for the win!

Eve 2.0 was my first LitRPG and it sucked me right in.

Gwen, the main character is an avid gamer who lives next door to her ex-boyfriend, Ryan (who doesn’t game at all) & his little brother Ben (who loves games that are rated too mature for his age). She’s also in a long distance relationship with Pete,another gamer who also happens to be the son of a major game developer.

Enter the problem: Pete steals a top secret game and sends a copy to Gwen. All these teenagers get sucked
Belle
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

From the first 'balls', I immediately thought the author was paying homage to one - Bobby Singer. Then upon reaching the 'Wayward Son' chapter, it was conclusive. I approve! I also think that having an interactive playlist like that is really fun and clever. I was personally looking up every song before I read the chapter. It was interesting to get a gauge, as to the mood and tone the author was trying to project.

I'll be honest, I picked this up thinking that the picture on the front w
Hannah Annear
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGallery and the publisher for an opportunity to read this.

Eve 2.O is one of those books that grabs you instantly and draws you in. Essentially the concept is kids being trapped in video games and trying to work out how to get out by playing through the scenarios and winning the objectives. Catch Eve the AI in control of the game is self aware and reprograms herself.
The story unfolds from two points of views, the kids in the game and the parents simultaneously which adds an extra dim
Rizwan
May 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I started reading this book excited that it might be more like Ready Player One and nostalgic for the Johnny Quest cartoons I watched as a child but I cannot slog through this any longer.

There are many things wrong here all of which seem to conspire with one another to make this a difficult book to finish.
I think I should start off by saying this might have been a good script for a movie or a few episodes of a TV show because as a novel there are several issues

- Hard to identify with the narrato
Rachel
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked the concept of this book, characters trapped in video games, it was intriguing. The chapters are alternated between the parents and the kids POV’ which helps you get to know each character quite well. I think it reminded me of Total Recall where the characters are basically put into unconsciousness and then live in a simulated world. It was really good.
It was well written and fast-paced. I read it in a few days as it was so interesting.
Bookaholic
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read this

As a Gamer girl I loved this book could not.put it down. Can't wait for the next one
KarenJo Custodio
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded to 5

An edge of your seat sci-fi thriller, Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience had my heart racing until the end. Winter Lawrence takes readers on a wild, twisty, and fun virtual adventure that will delight even those not familiar with the gaming world.

I honestly loved this book more than I thought I would. I’m not a gamer, but my brother is, so I’ve been exposed to the gaming world ever since I could remember and have played a little before. Reading this book brought back some of
Destiny Bridwell
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I requested this book because I am a gamer. It is a book that gamers and non-gamers would enjoy. It is all about Gwen and some "friends" going into the VR game. They have to go from task to task to get out of this game. They have to got work together regardless is going on outside the game. It is impressive. I want to read more of this story and others by this author in the future.
Alexandra Mack
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eve 2.0 The Ultimate Gaming Experience by Winter Lawrence is a LitRPG novel about a girl named Gwen and her friends getting stuck in a new VR game. Gwen’s online boyfriend Pete sent her the game, saying that it was his father’s new project. Gwen was planning to meet up with her boyfriend for the first time inside the game, but Gwen’s ex’s little brother Ben takes the package so he can try out the game for himself. Pete was supposed to be meeting up with Gwen in the game and he also goes into a c ...more
Darth Vix
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Please note: I received a copy of this book through TLC Book Tours in exchange for my honest review of it.

Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience is a light sci fi novel following Gwen and some friends when they get trapped in a virtual reality simulation that ends up being MUCH more than they bargained for.

The only other hobby of mine that I love right alongside reading is playing video games. As an avid gamer, the synopsis of this book sounded just like something I would love. Right off the ba
Jessica Higgins
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A virtual reality game becomes more than players bargained for when they are put into a coma and wake up inside the game. Video gamers and even those that don’t play will have a hard time turning this one off until the last page, nonstop thrills and action that flies off the page makes Eve 2.0 a must read.

Gwen has spent the last few years isolating herself from those around her and immersing herself in the world of video games. She is one of the best around and her boyfriend, Pete, whom she met
Witch-at-Heart
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could hardly put this one down. The story pulled me in right from the start and I will deffinatly be on the look6out fir a second book. I really enjoyed this and the idea of being pulled into a virtual reality game is a great concept I thoroughly enjoyed. This book is very well written and I loved both the concept and characters. I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review. I highly recommend this book it's a fun quick read.
Insert Name Here
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Teddy loves gaming and even found her current boyfriend, Pete, on a gaming forum. They now regularly game together and send each other new games and tips. It helps to distract Teddy from her ex boyfriend, Ryan, who lives next door.

Things start to go wrong when her boyfriend, and her ex's brother Ben, fall into unexplained comas on the same day. Teddy discovers gaming equipment in Ben's bedroom and realises that Pete must have sent it to her. When she tries it, she finds herself dragged into the
Louise Emerson
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I chose this book to read because the description and plot were very different. Add this great book to your reading list! You will become hooked :)

Gwen's neighbour's son and her boyfriend are both found in a coma. Despite having the same symptoms and being in different parts of the state, the doctors cannot find out what is wrong with them.

Pete's Dad (Gwen's boyfriend) manufactures games. He has been testing his new top secret game and told Pete to leave alone.

When the only connection to the bo
Celia
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eve 2.0 is a fantastically written, fast-paced read that will give video game lovers something to look forward to. Non-gamers, like myself, will also find the story of Eve 2.0 intriguing as the world that has been built is full of action and science fiction-like qualities. I found myself with similar feelings as to when I first read Ready Player One.

Gwen/Teddy is a high level gamer who gets thrown into video game after game after her long distance boyfriend introduces her to it. Her journey als
Kari
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, 2019
So I will admit that I am not a serious gamer. However, I do enjoy playing the occasional RPG game. Unlike the main character in Eve 2.0, I prefer the RPG games because I like the puzzles. Eve 2.0 involves Gwen, or "Teddy", as she likes to be called. When her gamer kinda boyfriend sends her top secret gamer equipment from his father's lab, she ends up getting sucked into a game.that will take all of her gaming knowledge to survive.

I ended up really enjoying this book. Once Teddy, Ben and Ryan go
Domi
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me finding free minutes during the day where I could read a little bit further. Needless to say I loved this book about 4 people getting sucked into a video game. Gwen, her ex-boyfriend Ryan, his little brother Ben and her current (online) boyfriend Pete.
The pov sometimes switches from Gwen to her dad outside in the real world and that worked real well in my opinion by giving you some clues about what was happening and how they got out. Not everything was explained but as it tunes
A_MOTUS
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an immersion in games I was not ready for. I'm not a player and I'm not really fond of horror movie to say the last (It just makes me feel realllllly uncomfortable). But when it comes to books, I usually enjoy the experience. And here it was one of the strangest feeling because some parts were so riveting, I had the good of the all: games, movies and book. I guess that's why the "ultimate" and "experience" in the title work so well. And I no point did I feel lost by all the spooky and g ...more
Jessica Belmont
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I believe Eve 2.0 is my first LitRPG and I was pumped to read this one. It just sounded so different from what I’d been reading, and I was right! This is the story of a girl named Gwen and her friends getting trapped in a VR game. I love this concept! I know it isn’t a new concept, but it is my first novel with this concept!

One thing I really appreciated from Winter Lawrence was the bits of gamer knowledge without making it too difficult for non-gamers to understand. I know some of the terms, bu

• The Jumpgate
  • The Ruined Land
  • Broad Plain Darkening
  • The Pale
  • The Age of Akra
  • Simon Says
  • False Flag (Battle Ground #2)
  • The Colour of Death (Colours, 1)
  • 50 Dinosaur Tales
  • Dorothy in the Land of Monsters (Oz ReVamped, #1)
  • The Bells of Hell
  • We Are All the Same in the Dark
  • Guarding Hitler: The Secret World of the Führer
  • Izzys Magical Football Adventure
  • Keep Calm and Carry On, Children
  • Task Force Baum
  • Perfect Pitch (The Chameleon Effect #2)
Winter lives in the moment and loves nothing more than being surrounded by her family, her fur-babies, and a ton of great reads! When she doesn't have her nose stuck in a book, she's usually thinking up far away, fantastical worlds or she's cooking up a storm in the kitchen!