Start by marking “Migration: Queer Sci Fi's Sixth Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction Book 5)” as Want to Read:

MI-GRA-TION (Noun)

1) Seasonal movement of animals from one region to another.

2) Movement of people to a new area or country in order to find work or better living conditions.

3) Movement from one part of something to another.

Three definitions to inspire writers around the world and an unlimited number of possible stories to tell. Here are 120 of our favorites.

Migr
Published July 24th 2019 by Other Worlds Ink

To ask other readers questions about Migration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Migration

Start your review of Migration: Queer Sci Fi's Sixth Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction Book 5)
Kim
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My story is one of those included here.

But I'd give the collection 5 stars anyway because I truly enjoyed reading it. Flash fictions are great for. busy life--you can read one or two when you have a few free minutes. But they're really hard to write well, so I admire the talents of the authors here. I also really liked the diversity of ways authors interpreted the theme.
Mir
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Receiving this year's Flash Fiction Annual, themed Innovation caused me to notice that I never reviewed last year's, which I read, um, last year? It feels like a decade ago. Back when we could travel. I read this on trains and in transit lounges. Flash fiction is perfect for that sort of setting. You can have the satisfying finishing of a story without worrying that you'll be sucked in and miss your boarding call or station.

I don't remember many individual stories at this point -- there are ove
Mere Rain
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm in this! And I have it!
I'm looking forward to reading all the contributions.
Minerva
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-stories, lgbtqia
My story "Not How We Planned It" is in this book and I'm all the more proud of that after reading all the stories. I was honestly surprised by the quality. In only 300 words or less, all of these entries manage to tell complete and appealing stories, and it doesn't get boring to read 120 of them because the takes on the theme are so different. I had several "wow, that's so original!" and "wow, I wish I had come up with that" moments.
I started writing down my favourites while reading and ended up
Sara Testarossa
Migration is a delightful collection of widely varied bite-sized stories. Reading it, I felt like I was consuming many types of tasty morsels that can be appreciated by so many different palates.

I like how many creative ways different authors interpreted the theme. Many subgenres of speculative fiction are represented as well, including clever blending of genres.

Just as importantly (to me, as a queer person with many queer loved ones), the queer identities of characters range across the spectra
Harry Rey
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling collection of flash fiction tales all told arlond the theme of migration. From sci fi to a fantasy to the absurd, over a hundred up and coming and established authors take a crack at telling their story in a flash.

A brilliant book, a great way to find some new authors, and another wonderful flash fiction anthology from the Queer Sci Fi crew.
Nat ☽
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this anthology, would recommend.
Amy Mills
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good collection of micro stories. I think I liked this set better than last year's (Impact), and I more often agreed with the judge's picks.

Disclosure: I have a story in here under a different name.
E.M. Hamill
Cricket
Sep 08, 2020

• Strangers in Paradise: Pocket Book 1
  • The Starless Sea
  • Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
  • The Inheritance Trilogy (Inheritance, #1-3.5)
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • Poe: 19 New Tales of Suspense, Dark Fantasy, and Horror Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe
  • The Luminous Dead
  • The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
  • The Origin of the Flow (The Interdependency, #0.5)
  • Auberon (The Expanse, #8.5)
  • SPECTR: The Complete First Series (Spectr, #1-6)
  • InterWorld (InterWorld, #1)
  • Anathem
  • Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)
  • The Masque of the Red Death
  • Summer Frost
  • A Demon for Midwinter
  • For He Can Creep
Scott lives with his husband in a leafy Sacramento, California suburb, in a cute yellow house with a pair of pink flamingoes in the front yard.

He has always been in the place between the here and now and the what could be. He started reading science fiction and fantasy at the tender age of nine, encouraged by his mother. But as he read the golden age classics and more modern works too, he started