Start by marking “I Killed Zoe Spanos” as Want to Read:
I Killed Zoe Spanos

I Killed Zoe Spanos

This gripping thriller follows two teens whose lives become inextricably linked when one confesses to murder and the other becomes determined to uncover the real truth no matter the cost.

What happened to Zoe won't stay buried...

When Anna Cicconi arrives to the small Hamptons village of Herron Mills for a summer nanny gig, she has high hopes for a fresh start. What she find
Published June 30th 2020 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about I Killed Zoe Spanos, please sign up.
Kennedy The Bard Honestly, it's pretty slow, so I'd say no. Not much happens until the last quarter of the book. There are a few interesting bits, but not a whole lot.…moreHonestly, it's pretty slow, so I'd say no. Not much happens until the last quarter of the book. There are a few interesting bits, but not a whole lot.(less)
Em J. It's actually pretty clean, for a YA book. There are a few swear words, but not many, and there are no sexually explicit scenes. 13+ or 14+…moreIt's actually pretty clean, for a YA book. There are a few swear words, but not many, and there are no sexually explicit scenes. 13+ or 14+(less)

Start your review of I Killed Zoe Spanos
megs_bookrack
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
There's nothing more exciting than discovering a new book to add to your Favorites shelf!

This book did that for me. I Killed Zoe Spanos has everything I am looking for in a YA Mystery/Thriller.

A couple of months ago, I read A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, and promptly proclaimed it my new favorite YA Mystery/Thriller.

I also initially said it would be hard to beat. The next thing I know, Kit Frick comes along with this stunner and shatters all of my expectations.

I loved this book
daph pink ♡
4.5

Here is the thing about me I really really enjoy reading y/a mystery thrillers because?
No I am not gonna tell you , it's totally personal and you have no right to judge me which people do after I tell them that!!!!

So speaking of this book I think this is my highest rated y/a mystery thriller till now! I really enjoyed this book and one of the reason is I totally underestimated this book, I literally had no expectations from this book at all , I DNF it earlier because I found something more i
Chelsea Humphrey
New US Pub Date: June 30, 2020

"It was an accident, but... I killed Zoe Spanos."

Talk about a twisty YA thriller! Kit Frick has quickly become one of my favorite writers of teen mysteries, and for good reason; she's learned the subtle are of distraction. Most mediocre thriller writers can drop a generic red herring and then lead the reader to the big reveal, but it takes an incredibly dedicated and talented author to create multiple, believable scenarios that keep the reader floundering between th
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is interestingly gripping, surprising reading even though a little confusing, head spinning, exhausting experience you have when you time travel between now and then to find out what the hell happened to Zoe Spanos.

The story starts with interrogation part which Anna Cicconi confesses that she accidentally killed Zoe Spanos. And then we move back to learn her moving to a small Hamptons Village of Herron Mills for her clean slate, living her home to start her summer nanny gig. The people she
Oscar
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Podcasts. Missing girl. Sketchy neighbours. Creepy houses. Summer flings. A new nanny is seen in town. One of the characters keeps on insisting that she killed Zoe Spanos. Why? Is she just our generic unreliable narrator or is there some hints of truth within her statement?

I Killed Zoe Spanos is a gripping ya thriller from beginning to end. Full of twists and heartbreaks, this is the best ya thriller so far. Maybe thrillers from this genre aren’t so bad after all. I love how this story started
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anna is new to Herron Mills in the Hamptons, working as a summer nanny. Her fun-filled summer is eclipsed by the disappearance of Zoe Spanos, who has been missing for a few months. Anna and Zoe look alike, and that only adds fuel to the fire about town.

When Zoe’s body is found two months later, Anna is charged with the crime. She confesses, but it’s a bit of a mess and doesn’t seem to fit the crime. Martina Green, another teen, is the host of the Missing Zoe podcast, and she works nonstop to pro
Michelle
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
A mystery mixed with a podcast? Yes, please!

What happened to Zoe won’t stay buried…

Anna decides that taking a summer nanny position in the Hampton's is just the fresh start that she needs before starting college. Over the last year her and her best friend have taken to the party scene. Drinking out of control, taking drugs for recreation, and hooking up with boys she can barely remember. Anna is now growing tired of the hang overs and black outs and yearns to get away.

Once she arrives in t
Larry H
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

"It was an accident, but...I killed Zoe Spanos."

Twisty, compelling, and even a little creepy, Kit Frick's I Killed Zoe Spanos is a YA thriller worth reading. It'll hook you almost immediately, with well-drawn characters, lots of crazy twists and turns, and a mystery that keeps you guessing. Can you ask for much more than that?

Anna is looking forward to spending the summer in the Hamptons town of Herron Mills, where she'll be working as a nanny for a wealthy family. She's glad to be
sarah
"It was an accident, but... I killed Zoe Spanos."

I Killed Zoe Spanos is a twisting, psychological, young adult thriller. It incorporates a true crime podcast, police investigations and unreliable narrators in a unique and engaging way. We follow Anna, who recently got hired as a nanny for an affluent family in the Hamptons. When she arrives, she discovers that she has an uncanny likeness to Zoe Spanos, a local girl who has recently disappeared. Anna took on the job to start a clean slate after a
Layla
~4 stars~

Just to preface this will be a short review because I'm still a bit shocked. I think that this book was great! It was very confusing at times, and there were a lot of characters whose relevance was not needed, but nonetheless I never expected that plot twist! All this time, all my theories, and this one never crossed my mind. That may be because I don't read much mysteries, but I really felt as if it was done well and I appreciate it. While I don't fell any immediate nor certain love to
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell
2020 seems to be the new era of YA Murder Mysteries
Kit Frick
Sep 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
UPDATE 7/1/20: ⛱️I KILLED ZOE SPANOS⛱️ is out in the world, and I could not be more thrilled that it's the B&N YA Book Club pick for July!

UPDATE 4/3/20: Due to [gestures broadly] ⛱️I KILLED ZOE SPANOS⛱️ will be coming out a bit later than planned. New pub date June 30, 2020! This also means the Pre-Order Promo has been extended through 6/29/20, so there's more time to pre-order and make a difference. https://kitfrick.com/preorder/

UPDATE 3/23/20: Two exciting things! 1) There's a Goodreads giveaw
Carrie
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I Killed Zoe Spanos by Kit Frick is a young adult thriller that is inspired by Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. This one is done in four parts with the chapters going between a then and now timeline with occasionaly there also being a transript of the podcast.

Then Anna Cicconi had been hired for a summer nanny position in the small village of Herron Mills in the Hamptons. Soon after arriving people begin to comment on how much Anna resembles Zoe Spanos who had gone missing the past New Years Eve. A
MissBecka Gee
An unreliable narrator and a mystery that just keeps getting weirder?
Yes please!
This was hella fun to read and totally messed up.
Even if you figure out some of the pieces, there will still be a puzzle.
Thanks to NetGalley, Simon & Schuster Canada for my DRC.
Elizabeth
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2020
Wow! I haven't been this engrossed by a YA thriller since Eileen Cook's You Owe Me A Murder--and I Killed Zoe Spanos is another rare YA thriller that gives adult titles a run for their money.

Loosely based on Rebecca (you definitely don't have to have read it to enjoy this novel, says the person who vaguely remembers it from hs) I Killed Zoe Spears is about Anna, a girl from NYC who comes to the Hamptons to be a nanny and escape her current life. As soon as she arrives, the mystery of what happen
Diana | Book of Secrets
Very good! This novel is a young adult psychological suspense with a Rebecca-like atmosphere and a modern twist — a teen-hosted true crime podcast. Recommended if you enjoy Gothic mystery/suspense. Read for the B&N YA Book Club.
booksnpenguins
Aug 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Note to self: never let a child pick their own babysitter. never.

Jokes aside, this was overall okay. I did expect to like it more to be honest, but both the execution and the characters were a bit too flat for me. I can't remember a character who didn't act like a total moron, and I couldn't find a proper excuse for their behavior.
I also think the first half of the book is unnecessarily long and so are many descriptions. Mystery factor is almost non-existent and totally anticlimactic, and defin
jesse📚
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finally! A read that is more than 3 stars!

July had been a hellish in the book world for me. If you notice, I kind of got into a bad books streak this month. The highest I could manage was a three star. It’s not the books’ fault, of course. I literally have several books lying around in my shelf but I have yet to find the motivation to read said books and read other books instead.

So I present to you: the YA The Girl on the Train, the first book with more than a 3 star rating of July 2020 for now;
;3
that was anticlimactic 😐
Dana
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yesssss!!!! You're going to need this YA book on your summer reading list! 👏

Soooo so very twisty! This book was so damn good!! I read it in three sittings - and that's only because life got in the way. I could have easily binged this entire book! The plot is so freaking brilliant, the podcast element was crazy good - the characters were interesting and I found myself guessing throughout entire book.

I highly recommend I Killed Zoe Spanos!!
BookNightOwl
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley and Simon and Shuster for providing an ARC of I killed Zoe Spanos by Kit Frick for an honest review.

One of the best YA Thrillers I have read in a long time! From the beginning of this story it kept me guessing on what was really going on all the way till the end.

Anna believes she killed Zoe Spanos she doesnt remember quite how it happened but she knows she did it.
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 3.5 Stars

🤯🤯🤯

I truly had NO clue until the very end, what the outcome of this mystery would be! Full of twists & turns... I enjoyed falling down this rabbit hole of a novel quite a lot.

Unfortunately , it just didn’t have that something for me; it didn’t really live up to my high expectations (which is more my fault than the book’s, honestly), I suppose, but still a good, fun, & thrilling read!
Laura Peden
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, audible
A murder mystery, podcast style! I’m such a sucker for books like this. The book alternates between a first person POV, our main protagonist Anna, who scored a summer nanny gig in the Hamptons, and a third person POV with Martina, our podcast host. I really enjoyed how the story comes together. If you enjoyed Sadie by Courtney Summers and/or Serial, check this one out!
 Amelia
A YA mystery that will leave you guessing till the end. An unreliable narrator, a missing girl, a crime podcast and a mansion full of secrets, what more could you ask for?

The book follows 2 story lines - before and now - and it also follows 2 narrators - Anna and Martina. Anna looks almost exactly like Zoe. She suddenly starts remembering things about Herron Mills even though she swears she never visited it. She also remembers things about Zoe, specific details she couldn't have known unless she
여리고
Extending my deepest gratitude to Edelweiss, Margaret K. McElderry Books, Simon & Schuster and the author herself for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review. However, this does not affect any opinions or feedback stated concerning the book whatsoever. Quotation used is subject to change upon publication.

TW: Death, juvenile detention, (view spoiler)

"But there are some secrets—my secrets—that Windermere wil
❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl)
Come see this review and more at my blog, The Scribe Owl!

3/5 stars

I've been stuck in a three-star funk lately, and I think it's all my fault. It was definitely my fault with this one, more of an it's not you, it's me kind of situation. The concept was fun, and it incorporated some of my favorite thriller tropes (even though I'm a newbie to the genre): beachy mystery, misleading narrator, and podcasts. It had everything I love, we just didn't click for some reason.

The book opened really strong,
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for providing me a complimentary copy of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS by Kit Frick in exchange for my honest review.***

The summer before starting college Anna gets a nanny job in The Hamptons. She soon discovers she bears an uncanny resemblance to missing girl Zoe Spanos, catching people off guard. Next door is Windmere, the home of Zoe’s fiancé Caden, whom Anna befriends while quietly seeking information about Zoe.

Near the beginning of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS, An
MyTimeOutShelf
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My head is spinning! Did not see that ending coming 😳

Yna the Mood Reader
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
UPDATE!
I found out the full cast audiobook is out on Scribd and I'm doing a reread now 💖

The book is about:
I Killed Zoe Spanos tells the story of Anna and her confession that she killed Zoe Spanos. The story began with her trip to the Hamptons one summer, to serve as a nanny there. Surprisingly, many people thought of her as Zoe because they are said to resemble each other. But Zoe is missing… Fast forward to two months after, Anna believes she is the reason why Zoe is dead.

What drew me in:
If you
Tammy
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
“We can never go back again, that much is certain.
The past is still too close to us.”
—Daphne du Maurier, Rebecca

I’m between a 4 to 4.5 stars - Anna confesses to killing Zoe Spanos. But did she? I had so much fun learning the answer to that question. A missing girl, mystery, murder, and a fantastic podcast element are all thrown into the mix of this suspensive YA thriller. You just can’t go wrong with that combination. This was such a light, easy read. A nice filler between heavier reads. YA isn

• Wilder Girls
  • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • A Galaxy of Sea Stars
  • Into the Tall, Tall Grass
  • Break the Fall
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1)
  • Small Spaces (Small Spaces, #1)
  • The Idiot
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2)
  • The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Shiloh (Shiloh, #1)
  • The Secrets They Left Behind
Hi there! I don't accept GR friend requests because of Amazon's linked review policy. It's not personal! You can still follow me on GR for updates, and I'd love to connect on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. See ya there!

Kit Frick is a novelist, poet, and MacDowell Colony fellow from Pittsburgh, PA. She studied creative writing at Sarah Lawrence College and received her MFA from Syracu

Articles featuring this book

“There are no parents, no lawyers. The girl’s father is unreachable, has been unreachable for years. Someone called the girl’s mother, but not until after Anna places herself at the scene where the body was found.” 1 likes
“Martina Green: Today is Tuesday, February eleventh, and Zoe Spanos has been missing for six weeks to the day. Last Friday, the Herron Mills Village PD declared Zoe a runaway, and that’s why I’m here, talking to you. Because if you know Zoe, you know she didn’t run away.

Zoe Spanos is missing. And we’re missing Zoe”
1 likes