Start by marking “I Killed Zoe Spanos” as Want to Read:
I Killed Zoe Spanos

I Killed Zoe Spanos

The YA thriller of the summer.” —Bustle

For fans of Sadie and Serial, this gripping thriller follows two teens whose lives become inextricably linked when one confesses to murder and the other becomes determined to uncover the real truth no matter the cost.

What happened to Zoe won’t stay buried…

When Anna Cicconi arrives to the small Hamptons village of Herron Mills for a
Expected publication: June 2nd 2020 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about I Killed Zoe Spanos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Killed Zoe Spanos

Start your review of I Killed Zoe Spanos
Michelle
A mystery mixed with a podcast? Yes, please!

What happened to Zoe won’t stay buried…

Anna decides that taking a summer nanny position in the Hampton's is just the fresh start that she needs before starting college. Over the last year her and her best friend have taken to the party scene. Drinking out of control, taking drugs for recreation, and hooking up with boys she can barely remember. Anna is now growing tired of the hang overs and black outs and yearns to get away.

Once she arrives in the
Kit Frick
Sep 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
UPDATE 1/8/20: The Street Team application is now open! Want to join me to promote my seaside murder mystery while completing challenges and earning swag & prizes? The I KILLED ZOE SPANOS street team application is open! Deadline to apply is Fri 1/17. https://forms.gle/5sgip1Je2u9jj92q9

UPDATE 12/14/19: The interest form for the Early Reviewer List is now closed, buuuuut if you want to read ZOE early and join me for some fun book promo, you're in luck! Stay tuned in January for the Street
megs_bookrack
Prediction:

This will be a great audiobook.

Ludwig
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
”But there are some secrets—my secrets—that Windermere will hold forever, trapped beneath the ash like spilled blood.”

This was a creatively-crafted mystery about a girl who moves to the Hamptons in order to start a nannying job, only to find out that the town is on edge over the disappearance of another girl who looks exactly like her.

What’s going on?

Just the fact that the author had thought of such a unique premise is mind-blowing. And all throughout the book, you can sense author’s confidence
Tucker
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
AAHHHH!!! I'M SO EXCITED

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I Killed Zoe Spanos is one of those books you don't want to put down. I read the last 60% in one sitting, reading later than I usually do at night.

There are multiple timelines in this book. We find out right away that Anna confessed to the crime of killing Zoe Spanos and disposing of her body. Anna gives details, including Zoe falling from a balcony 3 stories high.

We go back to when Anna first goes to The Hamptons for a summer nanny job before college. She's watching an eight year old girl,
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for providing me a complimentary copy of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS by Kit Frick in exchange for my honest review.***

The summer before starting college Anna gets a nanny job in The Hamptons. She soon discovers she bears an uncanny resemblance to missing girl Zoe Spanos, catching people off guard. Next door is Windmere, the home of Zoe’s fiancé Caden, whom Anna befriends while quietly seeking information about Zoe.

Near the beginning of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS,
Rachel Solomon
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD. Masterful. Brilliant. This is one of the smartest, most intricately plotted books I've ever read. I am in awe.
AJ
This is honestly one of the most interesting YA mysteries I have read. From start to finish, I was hooked and desperate to find out the truth about what happened to Zoe Spanos. I loved how the main character was very rough around the edges, so even though I never quite trusted her, it was difficult not to feel sympathy for her either.

There are two things that led to this not being a five-star read:

First, because the reason why Anna had “visions” about what happened was...unsatisfactory and also
Carina’s Bookshelf
Edit: Time for the review
I got a DRC to review from Edelweiss. My opinion is my own.

4,5 stars!

This was a great start for my 2020 reading year. I started in 2019, but since I was only 29% in at 30th of December I calculated to 2020.

The book starts a bit slow, but as soon if you are through the first chapters it get's really good. Anna moves to the Hamptons to start a new life, but what she's find is not what she expected. There is this girl who looks just like her, but is missing. Anna wants to
Christy
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a thrilling ride! Stayed up to 2:30 AM reading because I had to know what happened!! Definitely didn’t see that ending coming.
Kelsea
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-06-jun, arc, reviewed
Phew! Kit Frick is blessing us all with another brilliant, riveting YA thriller that'll keep you guessing and second-guessing throughout! Thriller readers are savvy as hell these days. It is HARD to pull off surprising plot twists and write a thriller without cheesy red herrings or severely overdone tropes. And yet, Kit has managed to do exactly that, three times in a row now!

I was incredibly fortunate in receiving a free early copy from the author and publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Amy
Many thanks to EdelweissPlus and the publisher for providing me with a DRC of this title for review purposes. All opinions are my own.

This could be my favorite Kit Frick book so far. I have enjoyed her earlier two, but with this one she reaches new depths in her writing style and characterizations. Told in three timelines/storylines (then, now, and a true-crime podcast transcript) this book tries to figure out what exactly happened to Zoe Spanos, a young girl from the Hamptons who was missing
Anna
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received an eARC through the author/publisher's early reviewer program in exchange for an honest review.

We begin an interview room in a police station where Anna Cicconi confesses to the murder of Zoe Spanos. How we got to that point is the question.

Freshly graduated from high school, Anna gets a job as a nanny for a family who live in the Hamptons. She needs a clean break from her former reality in which she would get blackout drunk or high on various drugs, and what better way
Angela Walker
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna admits on record she killed Zoe Spanos.

Anna is a teenager with an absent parent who parties too much. The summer before heading to college she's determined to be a better person so she gets a job away from the city as a nanny for a wealthy hard working family. Once at the beach side village she finds out she looks real similar to Zoe, a girl that has been missing since New Year's Eve. Every where Anna turns she finds herself connected to the missing girl.

Told from Anna's POV in two
Vinny —☽.。* Artsy Draft
Thank you Simon & Schuster for providing me with a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Anna

• Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • Girl, Unframed
  • Today Tonight Tomorrow
  • Ever Cursed
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Dead Voices (Small Spaces #2)
  • 10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi, #3)
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Together We Caught Fire
  • The Girl and the Witch's Garden
  • The Familiar Dark
  • Pet
  • Hurry Home
Hi there! I don't accept GR friend requests because of Amazon's linked review policy. It's not personal! You can still follow me on GR for updates, and I'd love to connect on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. See ya there!

Kit Frick is a novelist, poet, and MacDowell Colony fellow from Pittsburgh, PA. She studied creative writing at Sarah Lawrence College and received her MFA from