Start by marking “His Little Barmaid” as Want to Read:
His Little Barmaid

His Little Barmaid

(Princes of Hollywood #3)

I thought the closest I’d ever come to having my teenage obsession in bed was lying under his poster...

Instead of serving cocktails in a karaoke joint, this broke little barmaid is finally moving up in the world.
I’ve just been cast in a movie starring my celebrity crush Derek Prince.
The man who was only ever a fantasy is suddenly a very real, off-limits temptation.
And I'm

To ask other readers questions about His Little Barmaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Little Barmaid

Start your review of His Little Barmaid
Meryl Markowitz
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy for an honest review.
Ariel, the barmaid, dreams of being a star while working at her Uncle Sebastian's karaoke bar.

After singing for the crowd, Ursula the witch (with a "B"), a famous hollywood movie star wants Ariel's voice. Not literally (like Disney), but for Ariel to record and Ursula to Lipsync in the musical she is starring in. She promises Ariel money and a role as a dancer, so she can get some SAG credit. It's their secret.

That same night, Ariel meets a Prince. De
Bibliophile  Chloe
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so loving this series by Ms. Holloway.  Each story has a different Prince brother meeting his "princess".

This is a fun twist on "The Little Mermaid" set in Hollywood.

This is Derek and Ariel's story and what an angsty, heartfelt story it is.

Derek Prince is part of the legendary family of Hollywood royalty.  He is a triple threat, he acts, sings and dances.  The world is his oyster and when he finds Ariel (a fabulous meet-cute by the way) he has found his pearl.

Ariel is trying hard to find he
Marilyn Smith
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ariel wants to act in Hollywood but she working at her uncles karaoke bar. She gets her chance to be in a musical with Derek her dream man. She’s had a crush for a long time. His costar has Ariel doing her voice over and has her sworn to secrecy. Derek is noticing her more and wants to get to know her but it seems everyone wants them apart. Will they take a chance and go for it and get a HEA?

Ga Books LoverX
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good clean fun with some dirty moments! Taylor Holloway's Hollywood fairy tale retellings are freaking great. You can tell that there has been a lot of time and planning going into the stories and how they all play out. They are entertaining, a breath of fresh air, with quite a few twists and turns. If you are looking for a funny, sweet, and a little dirty romance that is a retelling of one of our favorite Disney princesses, I HIGHLY recommend His Little Barmaid. I am totally addicted to this se ...more
Magali
Hollywood shenanigans and lies
4.5
Good romantic story, very well written, sometimes hot, but it is mainly the melodramatic twists and the manipulations around the characters that guide the romance.
Derek, an actor whom we have already met in previous episodes as Tommy's twin, seeks by all means to conquer Ariel, a waitress with singer talents. However, she has just been secretly hired to dub the voice of his partner Ursula, in the movie they are filming together. Derek does not support Ursula, but
Bonnie Blackledge
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Princes of Hollywood series that I have read, and I must say it is my favorite so far. I found myself thinking of it all the time and looking for opportunities to read. The intrigue just kept me going and going, turning pages to find out what was going to happen next. I enjoyed every bit of it and loved the ending.
I know very little about LA and the Hollywood scene, but I found all the details about what goes on in a movie production to be very believable. I have he
Faisal Hassan
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is as usual a great book by Taylor Holloway..
I understand the story very much.. cuz my parents also try to dictate my decisions..
Areil wants to be a Hollywood star but her parents want her to follow their footstep.. So when she is given an opportunity, she takes it but if she knew she digging her own grave..
Derek meets Ariel while he was trying to escape from drunken fans. He ends up feeling attracted to Areil..
But there is blackmailing and a lot trouble ahead of them... at last they
Vivian Chrisman
Hollywood Meets The Little Mermaid

Who doesn't enjoy fairy-tales? Luckily we don't have to give them up just because we grew up. Now we have the "adult" versions. This series by Ms. Holloway has fed both my inner child and inner vixen. This addition is "The Little Mermaid" meets Hollywood. That means we get the "usual" Hollywood vices...blackmail, backstabbing, pushy family and mobs of fans. Will this Prince get his pearl?

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leavi
Lisa
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am loving Taylor's take on tales with Prince Charming! The Prince in this story is one of the handsome and talented Prince Family. This is Derek's story. He can act, he can sing, he can dance. Ariel wants to do the same. I know I always say these books are so good I can't put them down but this time? I stayed in one spot all night because I really truly could not put it down!

While this is book 4 in the series it can definitely be a stand alone!
Danielle Defoy
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Little Barmaid was was yet another modern romantic twist on an old classic. Taylor Holloway has done an amazing job with this book. It was a complete page turning that I never wanted to put down, I cannot wait for the rest of the books in the series.
Payton Box
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a rollercoaster! I loved Ariel and Derek and the lengths they had to go to for their relationship. This book was definitely a romantic suspense book filled with Hollywood blackmail, fake relationships, and everything else and I loved it. The drama was perfect, not too overdone and I was sucked in immediately! Ariel and Derek had so many outside forces controlling their relationship and feelings and I loved watching them work through them! I cannot wait for Holden's book but I ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
HIS LITTLE BARMAID by Taylor Holloway is the story of Ariel and Derek.
Ariel wants to break into Hollywood but is working at a karaoke bar. When she is offered a voice over part for Ursula a actress, who wants to lip-sync to Ariel's voice. This could be a break she needs to get ahead but it might not be either. Then Ariel meets ...or runs into Derek a very famous/popular actor who Ariel has been crushing on. Of course he is attracted to her but things don't go to easy for them.
Enjoyed their stor
Deb O
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such an awesome book that I enjoyed reading. The story and character building were off the characters and had me reading into the late hours of the night, I couldn't put it down. It's full of emotion, drama, action, chemistry, steam, hot alpha male, and hot and steamy romance. The chemistry between the characters is amazing and the story line was fantastic, it's a definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more form this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Books
Merita
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story started off a little slow to my liking but I have to say it turned around once Ariel and Derek met. The chemistry that these two characters shared made it a whole lot sweeter to read. With the ups and downs of this book it’s hard to say what was my favorite part. I liked the references between the Disney fairytale and this story. Glad I was able to have the chance to read another book in this series. Can’t wait for the next one!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Jeeves Reads Romance
I have to hand it to Taylor Holloway, she reimagined the Little Mermaid into a storyline that works with a modern Hollywood setting. It’s original but still has plenty of references to the beloved story. This series as a whole hasn’t been my favorite, but this is one of the stronger entries. It’s still a little over the top with issues along the way, but there were definitely things that I liked.

The story follows Ariel, an aspiring singer/actress who agrees to do the vocals behind the scenes for
Karen Lathbury
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Halloway has again entertained us with her twist on a fairy tale.and another. Derek Prince is another of the Hollywood Prince royalty. Ariel works at her uncles karaoke bar but dreams of making it big in Hollywood. She unfortunately makes a deal with Derek’s co-star, Ursula, to use her voice but agrees to never disclose she is the one singing. This sets up Ursula blackmailing both Derek and Ariel. I loved the east and fast flow of the story and kept me turning the page.

I received a free cop
FS Meurinne
Shelves: arc, reviews
If you love The Little Mermaid and Hollywood romance stories, this is the perfect combination. Derek and Ariel's story is amazing, full of angst and emotions. An A-list actor meets a new actress that is trying to find her way in Hollywood. It was fun to read and found this retelling quite enjoyable. Looking forward for more from the author. ...more
SEng
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a creative retelling of the little mermaid. Ariel and Derek are so good together as they overcome the obstacles thrown at them. It has all the fairytale feels with just a bit more. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Krystal Bowlin
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this retelling of The Little Mermaid. Holloway did a fantastic job keeping to the story but also making it completely her own. I love Derek and Ariel. I definitely recommend this book and the others in the Princes of Hollywood series.
Amy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
His Little Barmaid was a fun retelling of The Little Mermaid. Ariel is trying to get her big Hollywood break while working at her uncle’s karaoke bar. Derek is a Hollywood leading man who is triple threat and is working on a big Hollywood musical. When Ariel makes a deal with Derek’s leading lady in the musical, Ursula, in order for Ariel to get her big break, trouble ensues.

Derek and Ariel are both very likeable characters and I found myself rooting for them to overcome all the odds against the
Tracy Fritts
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, booksprout
His Little Barmaid is an instresting and entertaining romance story. It is sweet, delightful and an page turner. It kept my interest throughout the story. Its well written story and a good storyline. The characters are wonderful and enjoyable It to read about them. I thought Ariel and Derek wonderful chemistry.

I read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Caroline Doig
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ariel believes that she has gotten her big Hollywood break when she is offered to be a leading lady Ursula’s background voice in a musical, she meets Derek the leading man and they are instantly attracted to each other but then the drama happens and someone doesn’t want them together. This is a fun retelling of The Little Mermaid it’s a great read and I recommend this book.
Loralie
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This Little Mermaid retelling was clever. I love how the author gives the fairytales a Hollywood remake. It featured everything Hollywood is known for: secrets, rumors, paparazzi, lies, deceit. The Prince family seems to be made up of un-Hollywood like types, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with for the next Prince brother. ...more
Charmaine Nouwen
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
His Little Barmaid: A Sweet and Sexy Retelling of The Little Mermaid by Taylor Holloway is a lovely read. sweet,enjoyable and sexy romance story of Derek and Ariel..a story filled with drama,humor and sexiness very entertaining,well done!

Jennifer D.
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
His Little Barmaid is a cute modern day version of the The Little Mermaid. The story line has the right amount of sweet and drama. I loved Derek and Ariel! Their meet-cute is the best. They have instant chemistry and are perfect for each other but have a bit of blackmail to overcome before they can be together. This is a quick read that make you smile.
Kiana
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun contemporary retelling. Not sure if I was more in the mood for this than when I read the other books in the series or if I just genuinely enjoyed this one more, but this was great
Bethany
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Stayed up all night, I just couldn't put it down. A seriously MUST READ! ...more
Rosie
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
His Little Barmaid is a great twist on a classic fairy-tale. I loved how all the key parts of the story were related back to the Little Mermaid, with the villain Ursula, the helpful friend Sebastian and Ariel with her beautiful voice which was stolen from her.

Ariel dreams of making it in Hollywood. Singing, dancing and acting is her passion, so one night when working at Sebastian's karaoke bar, she sings and catches the attention of Ursula. Ursula needs Ariel's voice for her latest musical movi
Emma bramley
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is another amazing read from this author. This author takes an old classic and puts modern romantic twist on it. This book will have you hooked from the beginning, its a page turner of a book. This book will send you on an roller coaster of a ride but the author hasn't over done the drama. The characters, Ariel and Derek have a fantastic well written relationship. This is a good romantic story with some hot moments thrown in.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book

This is
Raecharmed
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ariel ends up singing for a movie star secretly when the actress offers her money and a dancing credit in the movie. She meets Derek when he jumps into her car to escape a mob of fans. She's stunned to see him but tries to act normal. Derek is drawn to Ariel because she's not like most women he knows. They are attracted to each other but each has a secret they can't share with the other. What will Ursula do about them being together? Will their secrets destroy their relationship?

This is an amazi
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hate You (Not)
  • Crowne of Lies
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)
  • Lose Me: A Military Romance Thriller (Ranger Mine Book 3)
  • My Big Fat Fake Engagement
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Mating Theory
  • Rebel Soul (Rebel Love #2)
  • Space Junk: Houston, We Have a Hottie (Space #1)
  • The Stand Out
  • The Rich Boy
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go (Slice, #3)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Ever After
  • Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems: Shattered Diamonds / Shining Pearls / Shimmering Emeralds (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems, #1-3)
Taylor Holloway is a bestselling romance author who writes sweet and sexy stories with just enough of an edge to offset all the feels. Her books are specifically Taylor-ed to make you blush, cry, laugh, and swoon. She's an Austin native with a penchant for bad puns, strong margaritas, expensive shoes, and shiny things. When she's not writing, she's working a hilariously bland corporate job, spoili ...more

Princes of Hollywood (4 books)
  • Baby and the Beast