Start by marking “Leading Quality: How Great Leaders Deliver High-Quality Software and Accelerate Growth” as Want to Read:

What is the true meaning of quality? How can you influence positive attitudes towards quality within the workplace?

Leading Quality teaches you how to influence and align your company’s definition of quality, so that you can deliver the best possible experience to your clients. You will learn the techniques successful leaders use to make their strategic decisions and you
Published July 29th 2019 by ROI Press

To ask other readers questions about Leading Quality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leading Quality

Start your review of Leading Quality: How Great Leaders Deliver High-Quality Software and Accelerate Growth
Laura Belean
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm gonna start by saying I've never enjoyed the ones I call "tech books", as in I'm a fiction reader. My thing is fiction.

BUT I do read books related to my work and hobbies and sometimes, rarely though, I find real gems. Most of the time not, I just pray for the pages to somehow shrink.

Now that you understand the context, I can honestly say this ain't a bad book. This is actually a good one. No doubt it's helpful and interesting for software/QA professionals, but for me, as a person having wo
Bogdan Hiriscau
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading the book, i’ve been working in QA for 10+ years and i got to say, this is the best resource out there when talking about what QA means for big companies, small companies, indie devs, end users, project managers, developers and anyone involved in software development/publishing. This is a must read book, love it.
Rebecca Long
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book thinking it was something it was not (don't remember what I was originally expecting) and ended up setting it down when I realized it was something else. Picked it up this weekend to see if I could reference it, ended up seeing what this book really is about -- a practical guide on how to successfully lead a quality team. I was unable to put it down this weekend and think it may be the most helpful leadership book I've read that is directly impactful to my current role over a ...more
Algirdas
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: testing
Short and clear book. Every qa professional should read it.
Rasa Paškevičiūtė
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, qa
Short but insightful read about quality. Non technical. Recommend not only for QA people, but everyone whose thinking about product quality. Talking about quality narrative, culture of quality, automation, improving feedback loops, testing infrastructure, aligning team with companies growth metric, quality strategy.
Many examples from well known companies. Links to other useful reads.

Some notes from book:
"Quality is subjective; it’s determined by whoever is using the product at the time. Quality
Marian Cernea
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book takes a swing at the traditional "Build fast, panic when it lights on fire" mentality in software development.

Every specific example of world-class software development companies underestimating the value return from investing in quality encouraged me to apply the same rationality to day to day life: striving to do things the right way pays off and it pays off well!

I expect to see more and more companies investing in quality over the next few years because as Ronald suggests, it's no
Yuliya Baranova
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
The book is just perfect for QA motivation.
You know, there are tons of books about successful success in your life. This book is kinda the same, but about your life as a Quality Lead.

I liked it, because it shows you basic and the most valuable QA concepts in a simple way. Authors added a lot of real-story examples with company names and heroes. It was a surprise for me to find Airbnb, HelloFresh and SurveyMonkey on the pages of this book, as I'm a fan of theirs services.

The last chapter of the b
Auksė
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended not only for testers but for all managers as well!
It’s obvious why the book cover has 5 stars on it ;) Although this book consists of 136 pages, the authors include a lot of examples and best practices from well-known companies.
The message is this.
Being good at testing is no longer enough to have a successful product: “QA professionals must be able to not only mitigate risk, but to translate its impact into words that drive behavior across the organization, from the develope
Rishat Muhametshin
Dec 04, 2020 rated it liked it
The book is all over the place. There is also a few chapters that neither seem to have any direct connection to the software quality nor go deep enough to be useful on their own. Still, I think it provides a fair amount of value if you're not directly involved in, but genuinely curious about, the role that quality plays in success of a digital product and the organizational function that stands behind it. ...more
Ahmad Jooma
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A comprehensive & pragmatic read on Quality

A fascinating read into the depths of what drives good quality software. While it’s aimed at leaders in software company’s this book contains general principles that benefits alls aspiring leaders - no matter size of team and organisation.

Ronald’s breadth of experience and passion for the subject are obvious and make the expanse of knowledge shared in this book easy to consume and digest.
Fahim Sachedina
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I expected this book to be more software-oriented, however, I got a ton of ideas on how to be a better leader throughout my organization.

This book is definitely more C-suite, directors and leaders - or those aspiring to be one.

I'd also highly recommend the audiobook as Ronald is a great storyteller and he kept me entertained throughout the book.

My favorite sections were on developing a "Quality Narrative" and the area on "Growth Metrics".

Highly recommend!
Mandeep Singh
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended by a friend - and didn’t disappoint

I wasn’t planning on getting this book but got recommended it by a couple of friends who run tech startups. It’s changed the way I think about quality in our engineering team. I’d recommend this for other engineering leaders looking to improve quality at an organisational level. You can go through the book in under 4 hours which is a bonus. Definitely worth it.
Wojciech Olearczyk
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. I know that Ronald, as an author, has put the enormous time to interview and digest information from the most prominent companies.

"In order to provide true continuous testing, you need to test a product at every stage of its lifecycle, from the initial concept through to testing in production and every point in between."
Awezan
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
gives you some insight and different angles of thinking about quality
Nikola
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book on software quality.
Ieva Šica

• Unlocking Leadership Mindtraps: How to Thrive in Complexity
  • Explore It!: Reduce Risk and Increase Confidence with Exploratory Testing
  • After A Funeral
  • The Unicorn Project
  • Don't Think of an Elephant! Know Your Values and Frame the Debate: The Essential Guide for Progressives
  • The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • The Door on Half-Bald Hill
  • It's Our Ship: The No-Nonsense Guide to Leadership
  • The Manager's Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change
  • Cinderella and the Glass Ceiling: And Other Feminist Fairy Tales
  • The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare
  • To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 02 [Enen no Shouboutai 2] (Fire Force, #2)