Start by marking “Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)” as Want to Read:

Molly Hooper has a secret. It haunts her dreams and casts a dark shadow over life with her gorgeous three-year-old daughter, Eva. Arriving in Sunnybrook has given her a glimpse of sunshine. The Little Duck Pond Cafe crew seem so welcoming and there's even the chance of a new job. Baking delicious cakes has always taken Molly to a happy place, so the job - at the glorious ...more
Published February 29th 2020

Be the first to ask a question about Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe

Start your review of Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)
Berit☀️✨
Kindness is language the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Mark Twain

It is always a pleasure returning to the Little Duck Pond Cafe and these charming characters. This is the ninth book in Rosie Greens enchanting series, but it can definitely be read as a standalone. This is Mollys story, who we were introduced to in the last book. Molly is a single mother to adorable three-year-old Eva. Molly is super excited to start her new job at the Branbleberry Cafe. And even more excited to make
DJ Sakata
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

Married forty-two years. And weve never had an argument serious enough to consider divorce. Murder, yes. But divorce, never. Her face is completely deadpan.

Arlene picked on Lisa because she was shy and had long red hair. The nicknames wore her down things like Garfield and Fire Crotch.

I suppose I must be sex-starved. One sniff of an attractive man and my heart starts racing as if Im on the Dive Bomber ride at the fair.

Kindness is love made visible... Thats what my lovely granny
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The 9th book in the Little Duck Pond Cafe series and my new favourite!

Where do I start with my review for this gorgeous, wonderful book? I loved Molly and her daughter Eva. My heart went out to this woman who is trying to make ends meet to provide a roof over her and daughters heads. Eva is such a delight. She brings so much innocence into the story, being so young she is oblivious to the fact that they dont have much. I could feel my heart strings tighten for Molly who so wants to be able to
Elaine
What a lovely, inspirational read this proved to be - like a lovely warm, reassuring hug in the midst of the current madness that is our lives at the moment. The theme throughout the story is kindness, how the little things can mean so much and help change things for the better - a brilliant message and particularly pertinent in the current crisis.

Molly Hooper is being brought down by the pressures of being a single parent but is determinedly endeavouring to make a good life for her and her
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To say this is a series that keeps you on your toes is an understatement. We go from the previous book written in three voices for the original Little Duck Pond Cafe Ladies - to this one which finally gives us Molly's story.

And what tough time of it Molly is having. If I ever have to hear about her landlord again, I may have to incite some revenge on her behalf as he truly is despicable. Her daughter Eva is utterly adorable and being three is rather accepting of the circumstances they are in.
Rekha
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series gets better and better with each new book.
I absolutely loved Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe.
Acts of Kindness surely goes a long way for Molly and her daughter Eva. The gorgeous Matt seems to have risen the temperature in Little Duck Pond Cafe with his lycra running pants. Phew!!!
Jaxon is someone whom I disliked from the very moment he called Molly at 2 in the morning! What a jackass of a fella! As the story ends, he gets it good. Really good! Serves him right for
Karen Mace
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have adored this series from the start and this latest installment #9! didnt disappoint!! Having so much time following the characters in Sunnybrook, this book was another welcome trip back to catch up with all the latest goings on and to hear the story of another inhabitant!

Molly gets her chance to share her story in Lemon Drizzle Mondays, and its another cracking story of friendship, overcoming problems and the power of kindness! Molly and her daughter, Eva just the cutest little girl!
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
I have to say I think this could be a new favourite in the series. this time we focus on Molly, a single mum of Eva who we briefly met in the last book. For a romance book, this is definitely more sombre and dark than before with the issues Molly has to face with her scoundrel of a landlord. There is sweetness and light, so dont panic! It is just a very real situation and my heart went out to Molly so much as I understand her struggle.

Eva, a 4-year-old bringing all the innocence and with it the
Els
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kindness means doing something nice for someone else or why not treat yourself once in a while, but often people are mostly looking out for number one with little or no regard to the ones surrounding them. Being kind does not have to cost any money, but it can do a world of good. It made me stop and think 🙂

Kindness is very important in the 9th part of this gorgeous series. I liked the quotes from famous people that were added. They were lovely and made me stop and think again. 🙂

Sometimes you don
Lyndsay
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
loved this cant wait for the next part
Dan Johnston
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a brilliant writer!

I have enjoyed every book that Rosie Green has written! Without fail! She develops her characters so incredibly well and her story lines are fantastic. I'm eagerly awaiting her next book in the Little Duck Pond Café series
Wendy Robey
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story about kindness and pledges of kindness can only be a good thing. An introduction to Molly and her daughter Eva along with re-engaging with previous Little Duck Pond Cafe characters makes this a wonderful read.
Deborah J Miles
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe is told in the first person by Molly Hooper, and could be read as a standalone. Some of the other characters I've come to love from this series make brief appearances, but the reader does not need to know their backstory to appreciate this tale.

The theme running throughout the story in Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe is one of kindness and the rewards it can bring. Molly sees two women who have been at odds with each other for
Sharon
This is book #9 of the Little Duck Pond Café series. It can however be read as a standalone book, but I would recommend that you read the series in order for a better understanding of the characters and the background stories. In this latest instalment we meet Molly Hooper and her daughter Eva. They have come to live in the village, and Molly finds herself at job at Brambleberry Manor Café. I loved Mollys character and immediately you could see that she is working really hard to provide for her ...more
Louise
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the ninth novella in The Little Duck Pond Café series. These short reads are always well written with interesting characters and a feel-good theme which really raises your spirits.

In Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe, we meet Molly, a young single mum who hopes her fortunes have changed when she secures herself a job at the cafe in the grounds of Brambleberry Manor. Unfortunately, the cafe is struggling so the staff are asked for ideas to get the customers flocking in.
Grace J Reviewerlady
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story from the Little Duck Pond Cafe series!

Molly Hooper is a single mum, and like most her daughter Eva is the light in her life. Moving to Sunnybrook has given her hope for a better future and volunteering with Fen, baker extraordinaire, had led to the offer of a part-time job. Will this be the beginning of hope for a better future, or will her past catch up with them?

I love this series. Each story is individually tailored and yet it all works together as part of a series.
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
This is book nine in the Little Duck Pond Cafe series, but each read brilliantly as standalones. This story is perfect right now, full of love, friendship, support, kindness and hope.
This story is a little different from the others as this is mostly set in another cafe not the little duck pond cafe. A new setting. Same faces. Same town. But with a newbie Molly and her daughter Eva. Molly has recently come to the town and this is her story. She is currently battling a twisted, manipulative
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even in a small town where everyone knows each others' business, there are secrets.
Molly has a beautiful three year old daughter she is raising by herself. She manages to get a part time job which will help them to survive but the landlord is a nightmare. Molly doesn't dare tell her new friends and coworkers.
She meets her new work neighbor just before her first shift at the Brambleberry Cafe, when she has a muddy accident. Happily, he is a frequent customer at the cafe. Sadly, the cafe is not
Pam Robertson
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This latest addition to the Little Duck Pond Cafe series is delightful and its over-arching theme of kindness is so needed at the present time. Throughout the story, there are thoughts quoted about kindness and Molly's initiative is shown to have a huge effect on some of the villagers' lives.

It is refreshing to feature other areas of Smallbrook, although the Little Duck Pond Cafe is often visited, and you are able to find out more about Fen's initiatives and the cafe which she runs at her
Georgia
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!!

Of you have been following this series, or even if this is your first chance to visit the Little Duck Pond Cafe community, I believe that you will fall in love with the story of Molly, her daughter, and how kindness can change lives. #ChooseKindness
Mrs J Cobley
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Cant wait until the next book in this series is published. Light hearted romantic comedy. You must read all of the books
Katie Russell
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2020
Another lovely book in this series set around kindness.
Claire Frost
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book in the series, love losing myself in the little 🦆 pond series
Diane Born in UK, now living on Spain
I really enjoyed this book, as i have the rest of the series.

Enjoy what Rosie Green writes, good characters and stories.

Nice feel good story.
Traceysyearinbooks
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series but can be read as a stand-alone book.
There is excellent character development in this book. Molly is such a loveable character.
This book focuses on the kindness of the local community. This is a feel good story which made me smile.
Jenn Webley
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. If you havent read any of the Little Duck Pond Café series then go treat yourself as they are little gems and this latest visit is just as wonderful.
Each book of the series focuses on someone within the community, or new additions to the community and we see a host of faces and friends and get updates on their stories too. Dont worry if you havent read any before they work lovely as standalones, you get little catch ups though so you wont feel lost.
This time we meet Molly,
MRS J LEE
Mar 01, 2020
Rachel Powell
Mar 06, 2020

• New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 2)
  • Spring Shoots on Sunflower Street: An uplifting feel-good romance for 2020 (Sunflower Street Book 1)
  • Broken Hearts at Brightwater Bay
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Four: Starry Skies
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Three: Christmas
  • Christmas with the Cornish Midwives
  • A Wedding at the Cosy Castle on the Loch (Book 4): A sweet, uplifting romantic comedy set in the beautiful Scottish Highlands
  • The Cottage on Wildflower Lane
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part One: A Reunion
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Two: Sparks Fly
  • New Beginnings At Glendale Hall
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Fireworks over the Loch (Loch Lannick Book 3)
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Summer: Part One – All You Knead is Love
  • Christmas at the Little Cottage by the Sea: A heart-warming festive romance
  • The Cornish Confetti Agency
  • Summer at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • A Christmas Kiss (Life on the Moors Book 4)

News & Interviews