Start by marking “100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to Do, What to See” as Want to Read:
100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to Do, What to See

100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to Do, What to See

Buckle up for the road trip of a lifetime: 100 epic journeys through all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces offering thousands of sites and roadside attractions along the way. A sequel to the best-selling 50 States, 5,000 Ideas.

From a vineyard route through Northwest wine country to a winter wonderland on Alberta's Icefields Parkway, this informative travel guide offers e
Published March 3rd 2020 by National Geographic Society

To ask other readers questions about 100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas

Start your review of 100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to Do, What to See
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
This was a great book about all kinds of roadtrips spanning the 50 states AND. 10 Canadian provinces! The best photography as to be expected in a National ageographic book! I loved how some of these trips were off the beaten path! Other classic trips, like route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles, a beach lovers roadtrip on Oahu Circle Island Drive! There are drives in this book searching for Dinosaur fossils in Canada that I thought was so cool, and also a drive for history lovers on Canada's War o ...more
Cook Memorial Public Library
A 2020 staff favorite recommended by Jo. Check our catalog: https://encore.cooklib.org/iii/encore... ...more
Barbara
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could travel to all of these places right now! The ideas in this book are wonderful for travel in the USA and Canada. Each drive includes beautiful photos, towns that are included in the road trip, and suggested amounts of driving per trip. There are some restaurants recommended, and some suggested places for lodging. The trips are grouped by region. Hopefully, it won’t be too much longer before we can all travel again.
Vannessa Anderson
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the one book you want to read before your next road trip. In 100 Drives 5,000 Ideas you’ll learn about the scenic highways in America, Canada, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.

100 Drives 5,000 Ideas lists the distance, drive time, restaurants, best overnights, best seasons to make the drive and highlights along the way. The information is thorough without being wordy.

The colorful and beautiful pictures allow relief from reading the bothersome small print.
Tabitha (Tabi Thoughts)
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
National Geographic’s 100 Drives, 5000 Ideas is the perfect road trip companion. Whether you’re planning a short trip or a two-week journey, this book will help you see as much as possible within your trip. It highlights popular tourist spots across the nation but features many secret treasures as well. In addition to helping you decide where to go, it even offers suggestions on where to stay and where to eat. And, if you’re feeling adventurous, it outlines pitstops and detours that you can take ...more
Living My Best Book Life
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: travel
This is the perfect travel guide for everyone who enjoys road trips! I was so excited to check this book out because I love to travel. Right now, travel might be limited but we can all live vicariously through this book.

The images are beautiful and really give a reader an inside look into all of the destinations. I really liked that the images didn’t just focus on common places but really gave information on the culture in detail and through beautiful photos of animals and land.

It gives readers
wellreadtraveler
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So thankful for this National Geographic book at a time like this when we all have to stay indoors and can only vacation in our minds! So many amazing photos I found myself misusing sticky notes to hold locations of all the trips I want to take! I wouldn't call myself "outdoorsy" but I am obsessed with tropical locations and swimming in a nature made waterfall. The photographers capture such beauty you can skim the pages and really feel as though you've visited the locations. Lets all start pick ...more
Rachelle
Jun 11, 2020 rated it liked it
100 Drives, 5000 Ideas... Common and off the beaten path ideas are provided for road trips across America in carefully cultivated list. Not much detail is included for each trip idea, mostly a path to follow and a few highlights of stops to make including some festivals and restaurants. Small section devoted to Canada. Would have enjoyed more images.
Quinn
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I picked up this book from the library to scope out travel plans when the United States opens up again after COVID. I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was very well laid out and had some beautiful pictures. I really liked that it gave books, movies and music based on that area, etc.
Chris
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Beautiful pictures and interesting information.
Ryan
Nov 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Good...but woulda been great if it had maps.
Mary Miller
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
For all seniors yearning to hit the road after they receive their vaccines. Dream of travel....
Ashley
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, travel
Great resource for rv travel or a family road trip.
Nick Salenga
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book about places I want to go for fun across the country.
Juan
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. I want to take many of these drives.
Mary
Mar 17, 2020
Sue Bull
Nov 08, 2020

• In Five Years
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist (The Friend Zone, #2)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • Eat Sleep Work Repeat: 30 Hacks for Bringing Joy to Your Job
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Your Body, Your Best Friend: End the Confidence-Crushing Pursuit of Unrealistic Beauty Standards and Embrace Your True Power
  • The German House
  • Oona Out of Order
  • The Doll Factory
  • The Henna Artist (The Henna Artist, #1)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • The Other Family
  • Stuck in Manistique
  • A First Time for Everything
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
  • So Wright (The Wrights, #1)
  • Dark Towers: Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump, and an Epic Trail of Destruction
During three decades as an editor, writer, photographer and speaker, Joe Yogerst has lived and worked in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North America. His writing has appeared in Conde Nast Traveler, CNN Travel, Islands magazine, the International Herald Tribune in Paris, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Examiner, and 37 National Geographic books including the best-selling "50 States, ...more