Start by marking “One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)” as Want to Read:
One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)

One Night Stand-In

(Boyfriend Material #3)

Lucas Xavier is the last person I want to spend 24 hours with, let alone two minutes. Exes are exes for a reason. In his case, for a million reasons. Because he's not only an ex-lover, he's also an ex-friend. We didn't just break up - we combusted in a spectacular bonfire of barbs and doors slammed.

Nothing will change that. Not his clever wit, not his ridiculous good
Published March 2nd 2020 by Little Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about One Night Stand-In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night Stand-In

Start your review of One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)
Lauren Blakely
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The final yummy standalone in my WSJ & USA Today Bestselling BOYFRIEND MATERIAL series is here! Grab ONE NIGHT STAND-IN and devour this fiery, sexy, enemies to lovers, second chance romance!!

✦Amazon ➜ https://blkly.pub/StandInKindle
✦Apple➜ https://blkly.pub/StandInApple
✦Nook ➜ https://blkly.pub/StandInNook
✦Kobo ➜ https://blkly.pub/StandInKobo
✦Google ➜ https://blkly.pub/StandInGoogle
✦Audible ➜ https://blkly.pub/AudibleOneNight

Stacey is Sassy
I liked One Night Stand-In...

I wish that One Night Stand-In had lived up to my extremely high expectations. Unfortunately, Lola was a little lacklustre. She's so sassy, opinionated and sensual in the previous instalments, that I just expected her to carry it through to her own. While there was initially a little sass, it soon led to a much more vulnerable and I would even go so far as to say, timid, Lola. Sure, she could strip off her clothes like the sexiest woman around, but in the end, she
book bruin
This was a fun and quick romcom. It had many of my favorite tropes, including second chance, friends/enemies to lovers, and some forced proximity. Lauren Blakely always does a wonderful job pulling on your heart strings, while also bringing all the laughs and heat. Lucas and Lola have history together and what could have been an amazing start to something more ended up crashing and burning thanks to egos and youth. Now it's nearly 10 years later and a clever scavenger hunt throws them together ...more
The Book Lover
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great second chance story with awesome characters, another great book by Miss Blakely!
Rochelle
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 in the Boyfriend Material series and it was just as good as the other 2. I loved this story so much. This story was all my favorite tropes rolled into one: second chance and friends to lovers which became enemies to lovers. Lucas and Lola were so good together. The chemistry and attraction between them was still there all these years later and it was still was off the charts hot. Fun read that will keep you laughing as only Lauren Blakelys stories can do. Highly recommend it.

I received an
Christina Morden
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Lauren Blakely and her team for the review copy of One Night Stand-In, the third standalone novel in the Boyfriend Material series.

Check out the full review on my blog... http://clarynathanwill.com/reviews/la...
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Out of a number of memorable, binge-worthy series, Boyfriend Material is probably my favorite Lauren Blakely series to date. Not only is it set in a world that any bookworm is familiar with (aka the book publishing industry), thus including all sorts of fun bookish jargon and the like, but its centered around a trio of tight-knit friends as they each find their happy endings. After devouring a workplace romance and a friends-to-lovers romance, I was more than ready to dive into my personal ...more
Rachel
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

There is no one Lola wants to spend the day with less than Lucas. They were once best friends, but havent been on friendly terms in a very long time. If not for their younger siblings relationship they probably wouldnt have to see each other ever again. But this time, their siblings need their help and neither are willing to stand by when they can help out, even if it means spending time together. The scavenger hunt they have to participate in to collect Luna and Rowans belongings would
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
This was a nice dip back into Lauren Blakely's writing. I have read many books and many different romance sub-genres since my last book by this author. But reading this one brought me back to what I like about her.

The characters were well developed and likable. Even if I liked one more than another. The overall plot was interesting and had me intrigued even from reading the blurb. And the story itself did not disappoint.

I in particular loved Lucas. I liked that he was more than what he seemed.
READ ME ROMANCE
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading a Lauren Blakely book is like comfort food. You just know youre going to love it and feel so good when finished. The One Night-Stand In is her latest release and features two best friendsto enemiesto friendsto lovers, one of my favorite romance tropes!

In this romance, we visit the past when we learn that Lucas Xavier and his former beautiful BFF, Lola DuMont, shared one passionate kiss with hopes of more when they were in college. The story shifts from the past and into the present and
Rebecca
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
As soon as I read the premise of Lauren Blakelys newest release One Night Stand-In, I was more than intrigued to see how everything would play out in the 24 hour timeframe she placed her characters in while also providing key insights into the hero and heroines shared past.

Lucas Xavier and Lola DuMont were once the best of friends, but ten years later, theyre business rivals and more enemies than even acquaintances mostly due to a misunderstanding after one passionate kiss in college.

Fast
Jaime
Shelves: arc
This was a fun, quick read! I finished it in 2 days and enjoyed it!

Lola and Lucas were a really fun couple. I liked that they settled their issues like adults and they didnt harp on them. Both admitted their faults in the situation and moved on. I loved their banter after the fact and their chemistry was off the charts entertaining!

The story itself flowed really well and, as usual, it was really well written. I loved the concept as I havent read anything like it in the past.

Overall, I
Pam Nelson
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesnt love a second chance romance? I loved the storyline for this one. It was sweet and so cool and different. I think that is why I love Laurens books so much she give us a fresh spin and story with every book. They never feel like the same story. I always look forward to listening to her stories. They make me feel all the feels and I smile and get that awe feeling I get when I watch a great romance movie.

I wish more authors gave us unique story lines like she does.

And her narrators are
Monique
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucas and Lola were college friends, best friends until the night they went a little further. They were meant to go out on a date the next night, but Lucas was detained and when he returned, words were said and not the ones they wanted to hear. They were meant to go back to being friends but both were hurt and they became enemies. Fast forward ten years and they have to spend 24 hours together collecting his brothers, her sisters belongings that have be placed like a treasure hunt across the ...more
Kate R
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
One Night Stand-In is the third and final book in the Boyfriend Material series. Its a series of interconnected standalones. It follows three best girl friends. This one is about Lola, who weve seen in all the other books. She always seemed the most together and nothing could rattle her, so I was excited to read her book. Her story is a second chance romance with her reconnecting with a college ex. This book picks up years later, when their siblings, who are now dating, send the two of them ...more
Book Fanatic
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ex friends reuniting to go on a scavenger hunt to collect their siblings items all over town in only 24 hours in order to get their apartments security deposit. If that's doesn't sound like a mouthful of joy, I don't know what is!

Lola and Luca's were friends back in college and after one kiss that lead to more they knew they had something special. But with young love comes mistakes too and after a small one they stopped being friends all together, becoming somewhat enemies.

Now they have to come
Lauren Luman
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
So, LB is one of my favorite writers, hands down, but I think I'm in a phase where I'm just not that into her. I mean, technically, her stories are flawless. But, they seem to have become formulaic.

A quirky (typically white, although our hero in this one is Brazilian, but his culture is not significant to his character) couple overcomes some simple conflict. Nothing too significant. Then they fall for each other. In this story, I mostly skimmed the dialogue by the last several chapters. The
Liz
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun and captivating read!
Nomims
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it

Quick and easy. It's been a little while since i read an LB's book so i enjoyed it a bit more than the last even if it's the same type of characters.
Vfc
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Mel
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 "it takes two to tango" stars!
Who would have thought twenty-four hours would change everything?

Luna and Rowan get kicked out of their apartment and their personal items are scattered around New York City by their landlord. They have 48hrs to collect their items if they want to get the security deposit back. Theres only one problem though, Luna and Rowan are on tour.

Enter Lola and Lucas, siblings of Luna and Rowan, respectively. Once upon a time, Lola and Lucas were best of friends and were
Kim
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
This book is a journey for two people who were once college friends with possibilities, then rivals, and are now being enlisted to work together on a special project. This could be bad or maybe it could be good. But in twenty-four hours or less they will find out.

Lola Dumont is a successful graphic artist and book cover designer. She is just starting her own business as well as working with her friend, Amy at a publishing house. She is in charge, controlled, and organized. But she also
Melissa
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided courtesy of the Author**

Books like this are why Lauren Blakely is my favorite author. I was immediately invested in this story and couple. There were moments I laughed, moments I groaned (because I could relate to how these characters felt) and moments I just sighed. I loved every minute of it and couldn't resist reading it in one sitting.

One Night Stand-In gives us the story of Lucas and Lola. These two are set off an pesky scavenger hunt that turns into a perfect opportunity for
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

There is so much I love about Lauren Blakelys writing. Stellar storytelling, thorough character development, entertaining plots and romantic love stories that she threads together with keen attention to detail. For me, this always results in an unputdownable, wholly addictive reading experience. A rock-solid, never-let-me-down kind of author, Blakely is a top favorite of mine for many reasons, and it seems like Im always in a perpetual state of waiting for her next book.

One Night
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
One Night Stand-In is the third fabulous book in Lauren Blakelys Boyfriend Material series. I have been loving this series and have been so excited for Lolas story and it was so worth the wait. I just love her! And in Lauren fashion, she gave us a little tease at the end of Sex and Other Shiny Objects.

They were given forty-eight hours but they could only spare twenty-four. Twenty-four hours. They had twenty-four hours for this crazy-ass scavenger hunt to get their siblings most important things
Jessie (A Bibliophile’s Desire)
One Night Stand-In is the perfect pick me up second chance love story. Right from the start you already enjoy the banter between the main characters with their friends, you wanna be part of Lolas girl gang and join Lucas coffee shop antics. Lauren Blakelys talent at writing pure dialogue really shines in this one. I was literally laughing out loud within the first few chapters and it continued throughout the entire book.

Both Lola and Lucas see each other as the one the got away, the pseudo-ex
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely is one of my favorite RomCom authors, she keeps things fresh and funny and so heartfelt that it is hard not to completely adore her books and series. The Boyfriend Material series is no exception and has great characters and fresh situations that will make you sigh and laugh through the series. One Night Stand-In was definitely an interesting concept and though sometimes Second Chances can be a little too sappy for me, this was the perfect blend to keep me engage and entertained!

Deborah
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun story! This Boyfriend Material series by Lauren Blakely has been one of my favorites! This features an enemies to lovers troupe, although it could also be billed as a second chance romance too!

Lucas and Lola were a couple back in college. Both graphic artists, they have been rivals ever since their relationship went up in smoke. There are still some lingering feelings that come to the surface when they are tasked with being a team for a scavenger hunt. There is a lot of words said and
Kari Hansen
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Lucas and Lola were in high school, they were the best of friends but when they started college their friendship started to evolve into something deeper until a misunderstanding drove a wedge between them they havent been able to overcome.

A decade later they find themselves enemies, both personally and professionally, until the love they have for their siblings bring them back into each others lives. They find themselves on an adventure where they must decipher clues and that means working
Julie
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great fun rom/com from Lauren Blakely. Its a second chance romance that has mega hot chemistry and all the wicked banter that will keep you giggling to the end.

Lucas and Lola were once close friends until, well Lola isnt quite sure why things went wrong, but Lucas has become one off the least favourite people she knows....she avoids him like the plague.
Until his brother and her sister ask for help. Their landlord has hid several of their belongings around town. Their relationship wasnt
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Enemies
  • Just One Year
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • The Trade
  • Blindsided
  • Better than Sexy (Sexy #3)
  • Inappropriate
  • You're The One
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals, #2)
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew #1)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Then You Happened
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: ...more

Boyfriend Material (4 books)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Your French Kisses