Start by marking “All the Love You Write” as Want to Read:

All the Love You Write

A story about young love, first love, true love, timeless love, and the power of love letters.

Mark and Bethany are two mismatched high school seniors in a new relationship.

It’s doomed to fail.

Mark has adored Bethany since middle school, and she’s finally giving him a chance. Only, he’s clumsy at romance and knows he’ll lose her because of it. Bethany thinks Mark is sweet.
ebook
Published August 20th 2019 (first published August 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about All the Love You Write, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Love You Write

Start your review of All the Love You Write
Susan's Reviews
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Bethany and Mark are being haunted by Mark's grandparents: Eileen and Joe obviously aim to smooth the path for this teen couple, despite all the opposition from Bethany's parents. Eileen and Joe had only a brief time together before he was killed in Vietnam. When Bethany and Mark find their letters, they begin to sense that Eileen and Joe are reaching beyond the grave to help them find t
Ixxati
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to say thank you @netgalley and @d_g_driver for the free ARC. All the love you write by D. G. Driver going to be realese on August 20th.

Omg!! I hate this book at first but then it's getting interesting and I couldn't put it down. There are some parts that make me cried phewwww The ending goshhh I love the ending!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟.5
Cathy Ryan
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a full length novel incorporating an earlier novella—Passing Notes—which I read, so I’m including my thoughts here. Love Letters, the first part, highlights today’s changing world and how the ways of communication differ from not that many years ago. The art of letter writing is becoming obsolete along with the need for cursive writing, as computers figure largely in education and people use texting and emails to keep in touch. When Mark Dowd finds himself having to use a very old, odd-l ...more
Patty
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
All the Love You Write by D. G. Driver is a sweet young adult romance, and my first book by this author. Mark and Bethany are in high school, who are brought together by ghosts. I really enjoyed this story, but I found it a little slow. I think this book can be enjoyed by everyone, older adults might enjoy memories of the 1970's. I recommend this book for a good clean romance.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the publisher. Thank you.
Eva
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All the Love You Write is a YA novel with a spooky twist! I think you'll enjoy it and you should give it a read if you're in the mood for a spooky romance!

I received a copy of this book from D.G. Driver. I first met D.G. Driver when I reviewed Cry of the Sea, the first book in the Juniper Sawfeather trilogy, for Multicultural Childrens Book Day in 2018. You can find that review on my blog. The thing about Driver's stories is that they NEVER go as you're expecting. Just when you think you know wh
Dana J,
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-2019
Bethany and Mark are from two different lives. Bethany is an honors student in the debate club. She dreams of going to college and succeeding there. Mark doesn’t do as well academically and is in the JOTC, heading into the army. He has had a crush on Bethany since they were little. With the help of two ghosts with invested interest in Mark, they try to bridge the gap between their worlds even as others try to push them apart.
I loved the dedication of this book. We always think our grandparents
Teri
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read nearly every book D.G. Driver has written, and they've never disappointed me.  All the Love You Write is no different.

When I learned this story was the continuation of the author's 2015 novella, Passing Notes, I couldn't wait to read it.  As with the novella, this is a sweet, heartwarming tale, and I challenge anyone to read it and not have their heartstrings tugged.  The author does an excellent job at portraying the awkwardness of first relationships, especially in the case of Mark.
Allyson G
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was offered a copy of this book by the author to read for an honest review. I don't often read contemporary books but this one felt different. The characters felt real and relatable. They made poor choices, had second thoughts and captured my heart.
This story was more than a love story, it talked about relationships, and about finding out who you are as you enter adulthood. It is a beautifully written and touching book. One of my favorite parts was reading all of the love notes. I highly reco
Trina
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in return for an honest review.

Favourite Character: Mark
Favourite part: The ending. It was so sweet and well-written.

This story is SO sweet! This unique love story brings elements of the paranormal into a contemporary YA romance.

I loved all of the love stories in it and the author’s way of intertwining the love stories was extremely well done!

If you’re looking for a sweet story with a touch of the paranormal and two unbelievably sweet and swoon-worthy love stories and a boo
Angelina Singer
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very clever premise with a fun and quirky writing style makes this story touching and intriguing. I will say that some of the dialogue seemed a little clunky and unnatural, but beyond that, I really did enjoy this book. But most importantly, it makes you think a lot about priorities and living life to the fullest. Bethany is a girl haunted by the ghost of her boyfriend's grandma.... who's doing her best to keep them apart. Read the book to find out why!
Corinne Morier
All the Love You Write by D.G. Driver 💖✍️
Genre: YA contemporary/paranormal 🧒👻🌷
My connection to this book: I belong to The Naked Reviewers and this was one of our August picks. I was greatly intrigued by the premise--I love contemporaries based on email/written letter communication, and the added concept of the "ghost helping their relationship" was interesting enough for me to want to pick it up. 💌👻💁🏻
My rating: 2/5 stars ⭐⭐

Meme saying Brace yourselves, the tea is going to be spilled here
Did I expect this to be a five-star read before accepting it for review?
Laurie Brown
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the uniqueness of the plot and how the story unfolds with young romance that is sweet and innocent. I also loved reading about a romance from another time and the way the two connect. A very satisfying read.
Kimberly Zirkle
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the Love You Write
I was really excited about getting to read this book. It does start off kind of slow but it doesn't take long to pick up.
This story is about a high school boy, Mark, who has been in love with Bethany since 7th grade. Mark has trouble with writing and communicating his feelings for her at first and starts receiving help from a mysterious Ghost Writer who then teaches him the art of writing love notes and how to set the foundation for a love that will last.

I received a copy
Connie Huddleston
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Driver has written a beautifully crafted tale of love, indecision, and teen angst, with just enough intervention by spirits to make it fun. I have read all of Driver's books, and she sent me this one for an advanced review. I highly recommend it to readers, especially teens.
Shabana
I thought I would enjoy this, but unfortunately it didn’t live up to my personal expectations. It didn’t feel authentic, as if the characters weren’t really people, but just being orchestrated in the story.
Jen
This was a sweet, if fairly predictable story. It is broken up into three main sections, each of which themselves have some rather definite divisions. Overall, the feeling of the book itself was a rather disjointed hodge-podge of random stories thrown together.

Mark and Bethany are both good kids and they have a darling relationship. However, they both certainly have their issues, and they probably wouldn't have ended up together, at least not for very long, if it weren't for the intervention of
Emily Merrill
Aug 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
*** ARC provided for review via NetGalley***

I was really excited when I was approved for this book, but unfortunately for me, the plot/characters just didn't click.

'All the love you write' follows Mark, a senior who is heading into the armed forces following graduation, and Bethany, the girl he has had a crush on for the entirety of high school. Mark and Bethany get into a relationship pretty quickly into the book, and this is where the issues began. Mark came across as quite obsessive towards
Ashley
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 20s, contemporary, romance
I received this free e-book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about Mark and Bethany, two seniors in their last semester of high school before Bethany goes off to college and Mark joins the army. Over the winter break, they stumbled into a new relationship and are fumbling to make something work with the threat of graduation (and thus their subsequent separation) looming overhead.

Mark, bless him, is not overly romantic at first. But then he begins finding little notes
Michaela Martin
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the story of high school kids Mark and Bethany, and how two ghosts helped their love lives flourish through love letters.

The description of this book immediately caught my eye. Two ghosts are helping these high school kids write love letters to each other, how interesting. The story was interesting at the beginning, Mark was getting help from his horrific flirting, which made me cringe and a little angry at what he was saying. The mysterious ghost ended up being his grandpa, and he wrote
Israel
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
This book wasn’t that great. I had a lot of issues with it.

My biggest issue is with Mark, our main character. It seems like the author wants him to be romantic and sweet, but he came off as an obsessive jerk to me. He tried way to hard at the beginning, and his style to woe Bethany comes off as creepy and obsessive. When the main character isn’t great, that throws me off from the beginning. Plus, we see very little of their before-relationship, so I never rooted for them, and Mark’s desperatio
TBHONEST
The plot had us so eager to read this book. It has everything you could possibly want romance, supernatural and a bit of mystery.
There is one flaw in the story, Mark one of the lead characters is not at all likeable. His attempts at wooing Bethany at the beginning, while you know the writer wants you to see them as romantic, come across as the poor guy is trying too hard and are slightly creepy. If it happened in real life there is no we'd end up dating Mark as his ways of expressing his feeling
Sylvia
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me captivated from the first chapter. A lot of times when a story jumps from past to present, it’s hard to invest in both, but this book is written so beautifully and the characters are all so well developed that I didn’t feel that at all. This is the kind of story that makes you want to leave your special someone one a handwritten love letter.
Genni Piatt
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
For a fairly long book, there were some places where there was a lull in the writing. I really enjoyed it overall! The story of Mark and Bethany was cute and I liked the parallel with his grandparent's. Eileen's behavior as a ghost was kind of unexpected and I'm not sure I totally bought into it. The book was well-written, though, even if the plot wasn't perfect.
Nerdy Housewifey
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time with this. It started with the two already in a relationship so I never really felt invested in them. I stopped about 40% in I just couldn’t really get into it.
Books4Jessica
Rebecca Flansburg
is currently reading it
May 06, 2020
D.G. Driver
Aug 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Anne

• Beach Read
  • Every Other Weekend
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • We Met in December
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Call It What You Want
  • We Thought We Were Invincible (Invincible, #1)
D. G. Driver is an optimist at heart, and that's why she likes to write books about young people who strive to make a difference in the world. From her teen environmentalist in The Juniper Sawfeather Trilogy, a young girl teaching her friends autism acceptance and to stop bullying people with special needs in No One Needed to Know, a girl who bravely searches for a friend lost along the shore of a ...more