Start by marking “Please Return To: Norbert M. Finkelstein” as Want to Read:
Please Return To: Norbert M. Finkelstein

Please Return To: Norbert M. Finkelstein

Have you ever wondered, “What in the world is my teacher thinking?” You may not know it, but this very journal you now hold in your hands is the key to answering your question once and for all...as long as you can keep a few secrets.

Mr. Finkelstein is your average middle school teacher…who happens to moonlight as a professional wrestler. Norbie would like to keep this par
Published September 10th 2019 by INtense Publications

To ask other readers questions about Please Return To, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please Return To

Start your review of Please Return To: Norbert M. Finkelstein
Michael Ferro
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Though Frank's new novel hasn't yet been released, I can tell you folks this: Frank Morelli is an incredible writer. Period. His last novel, NO SAD SONGS, blew me away with its humor and raw heartfelt emotion. Getting another Morelli book so soon is truly a treat.

For fans of YA lit and for just plain good, honest writing, it's hard to match Mr. Morelli. I can't wait to learn more about Norbert M. Finkelstein!
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
Norbert is a real softy, and I mean it in the sweetest way possible - he's a lovely and kind English teacher with a lot of pets, incredible shyness and a few extra pounds of weight. But he's not all soft - he's got a secret tough side, which is that he's actually a pro wrestler at night. He works as one trying to get a dream trip to Greece for his mother, in the true softy fashion (he is ADORABLE.) We follow Norbert through his journey of finding himself and his strength - also friends and respe ...more
Angel
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah, middle school! The awkwardness, the cluelessness, the self doubt. And that's just the teacher! Mr. Finkelstein is a good-hearted, dedicated middle school teacher who happens to be a semi-professional wrestler in his off hours. His journal (don't call it a diary) chronicles his training and wrestling career as he tries to hide it from his students and co-workers. It's a funny, sweet, and satisfying read for middle schoolers. Plenty of clever nuances make it a fun read for adults, too. The bes ...more
January Gray
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This is cute. It wasn't for me, just not my taste, but I am very sure others will love it. It simply did not suit me.
Laura Stegman
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This charming tale by Frank Morelli kept me rooting for Middle School teacher Norbert Finkelstein from beginning to end. During school hours, he endures bullying from his students who have no clue about his double life as a professional wrestler. Clever, touching and laugh out loud funny, the story follows Norbert on his journey to self respect as well as admiration from his students. I highly recommended it.
Lynn Brown
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was not my usual read plus he was a new author to me so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was surprisingly a very cute quick read. It revolves around a middle school teacher and his life both inside and outside the classroom. I think younger readers would definitely enjoy it. They would certainly be able to relate to all the classroom antics that go on. The sketches included in the book add a nice touch to the story.
Amy
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great YA book.

Teachers have lives outside of school. Did you know that? Mr. Finkelstein has a pretty awesome one. By day he is a mild-mannered teacher with a heart of gold teacher. By night he is a semi-professional wrestler. His journal is full of trials and tribulations with wrestling. Like most people, he keeps his personal life and private life separate.

This is the first book I read by Frank Morelli and it will NOT be the last. I'm excited to read book #2 and see what happens. I l
A.J. Vanderhorst
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A funny and a fast trip down memory lane back to middle school. The underdog Mr. Finkelstein is a character designed to make you shake your head and roll your eyes while you root for him. A quirky and super enjoyable twist on the "journal" genre of book usually relegated to wimpy kids.
Don Newton
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t normally read middle-grade fiction, but that’s going to change—especially with books of this quality available. Frank Morelli weaves a captivating tale that’s impossible to put down, and if you can make it through just the first chapter, without rolling on the floor, and shooting Coca-Cola out of your nostrils, well, you need to work on your sense of humor.
Morelli’s wit and use of comedy isn’t the only high point, though. His characters are well thought out, and he makes you care about
Ms. Yingling
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC from Netgalley

Interesting, in a quirky way. Not sure how well a book written from the perspective of a middle school teacher will do with my students, but it was enjoyable enough.
Gwen

• The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle
  • We Dream of Space
  • The Okay Witch
  • Black Brother, Black Brother
  • The Power That Preserves (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, #3)
  • The Illearth War (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, #2)
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
  • The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
  • Starship Troopers
  • Farnham's Freehold
  • The Puppet Masters
  • The Cat Who Walks Through Walls (The World As Myth)
FRANK MORELLI is the author of the young adult novel, NO SAD SONGS (2018), a YALSA Quick Picks nominee, a VOX top Hopepunk title, and winner of an American Fiction Award for best coming-of-age novel. His middle grade 'Please Return To' series, features Norbert M. Finkelstein and Toby Solano, and provides young readers with a roadmap to stop bullying. Morelli's short fiction has appeared in The Sat ...more

News & Interviews