Start by marking “The Wives” as Want to Read:
The Wives

The Wives

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  27,676 ratings  ·  5,286 reviews
Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives. None of you know each other, and because of this unconventional arrangement, you can see your husband only one day a week. But you love him so much you don’t care. Or at least that’s what you’ve told yourself.

But one day, while you’re doing laundry, you find a scrap of paper in his pocket—an
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published December 30th 2019 by Harlequin Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Wives, please sign up.
Christine I understand why you would ask if animals were harmed. It happens all the time in thrillers, especially if there are serial killers or any kind of…moreI understand why you would ask if animals were harmed. It happens all the time in thrillers, especially if there are serial killers or any kind of psychopath involved. It's an easy way to show how hateful someone is or to evoke sympathy for a character. I hate seeing or reading anything about animals getting hurt and have to skip over those parts.
But you're safe, no animal abuse or murder in this one.

(less)

·  27,676 ratings  ·  5,286 reviews

Start your review of The Wives
Colleen Hoover
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goats
I read this book a few months back and it was everything I've been waiting for from Tarryn Fisher. Not that she hasn't delivered before, but she OVER delivered with this one. About a day after I read it, my mind was still numb. I needed a distraction, so I asked one of my many sons, "Do you know of any apps that can distract me from this callipygian book I just read?"
He said, "TikTok. It's great."
I already had a TikTok account, but it's been a couple of years since I logged on. So I took his
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three…four….three….four….three…four…Okay stop just give 3.5 rounded up 4 delusional, twist and shout, come on come on come on baby stars!

Dear God, it’s me, not Margaret, oh hell no Chelsea( sorry using the `hell` word), this is Nilufer.( you may call me Nily shortly) I honesty, truly, genuinely ask you because I didn’t find the answer. WTF that I just read?( sorry for my language, I already close my mouth but unfortunately my fingers are still functioning)

This book is devilish, surprising, a
Emily May
2 1/2 stars. Very fast-paced, compulsively-readable and, ultimately, ridiculous.

I'm not even sure how to organize my thoughts on this book. Did I enjoy it? I must have. I didn't want to tear my eyes away from the page. I felt like I needed to know what was going on. It was, I guess, that special kind of deliciously trashy beach read that is ridiculous, unbelievable, and yet impossible to put down. 2 1/2 stars it is then.

It's told from the point of view of a woman whose husband has two other
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"It’s all too perfect, I think. When things are that perfect, something is wrong."

description

Tarryn Fisher is and always will be one of my all time favourite authors because of The Opportunist. Whilst I am a big fan of her romance novels, The Wives was my first attempt at reading one of her psychological thrillers. This review is going to be slightly problematic because this book was both a mindfuck and a clusterfuck at the same time.
_______________

Dark and Unwavering

My first tip for this book would
Chaima ✨ شيماء
The synopsis: Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

Me, an intellectual: Easy. Dump him and marry each other. The end.
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
what. the fuck.

I can’t trust Goodreads reviews anymore because how is this a 4 starred book??!! IM—

I think this is another instance where the most of the people who’ve read from this author— are new to the thriller genre and absolutely love it.

Not meeeeee.

This book’s plot was ridiculous; right to the climax—ridiculous to the point where it’s non-believable. Actually most thrillers are non-believable but there’s a groundness to it, a reality check of plausible believability. But not here, folks.
Dita
My husband's favorite joke is that he needs me to get another husband for the 50% of me that he can't handle. He says I am too much feisty for one husband.**

He needs to read this book...

It's a little far-fetched but a lot entertaining. It's a fast read and I'll admit to being absorbed the entire time.

Probably 3.5 stars but it's Christmas and I'm feeling all generous and stuff.

Thank you to my GR friend, Denise Reed, for sharing her copy with me. I will pay it forward and mail it to the first US
Kaceey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
4.5*
In your wildest imagination could you ever be content knowing your husband had two other wives?
Are you serious?!
You don’t know them, you don’t live together.
But yet there they are… out there somewhere, sharing time with him.
Could you possibly be satisfied with this bizarre relationship?

“You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done.
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one”.
- Sam Smith

This was a clever, unpredictable psychological thriller that had me
Meredith
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overdrive
CONVOLUTED

The Wives is a psychological thriller about a woman in a polygamist marriage.

Thursday married her dream man. He treats her like gold and is the perfect husband. The only flaw is that Seth happens to have two other wives. Thursday is the second wife and only gets to see Seth on Thursdays (yes, her name matches the day of the week she sees her husband). She endures this arrangement to be with the man she loves. However, when Thursday begins digging for information on Seth’s other two
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
description
Confessions Of A Twisted Mind- "When things are that perfect, something is wrong."
TF is a self-confessed "Swirler of Emotions" and the longer the swirl, the tougher it becomes to separate one from the rest. Much like Thursday, whose life is spinning so fast, that events, accidents, emotions and reality is blurring right in front of her eyes. She's in a consensual relationship with a polygamist and totally acceptable of the Other Two Wives called Monday and Tuesday.
"How have I become this
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
3.5 stars....

I really, really wanted to read this book! I had heard so much about it. I got declined for an ARC so what did I do? I ran out and bought it the second I could, and devoured it! So I really loved it...until I did not. This was a really interesting, intriguing, kind of car wreck ..can't look away book, until about the 75% point and then I was like what?! Then it just got too weird, even for me. I can take weird, trust me.

So most of this story is from Thursday's POV. Thursday is wife
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This book surprised me. A LOT.

The first half of it I was sure I was going to LOVE IT, but then... shit happens, and I didn't like the direction it took.

But I will say this: I absolutely adore Tarryn's way with words. Her writing only improves with every book!
Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!!
Compulsively readable, mind distorting, & ultimately a train wreck!

THE WIVES by TARRYN FISHER is an engaging, fast-paced, dark, gritty, and twisty thriller that had quite the bizarre, intriguing and original premise to it. I was immediately sucked into the story and could not put this book down for the first half of the story. The first half was absolutely unputdownable and had my full attention and then around the 50% mark my attention started to wane a little bit and then well the ending
Cardan Greenbriar -- long Hiatus ( i need to stop procrastinating )
you know those great ole' days in school when you didn't do your school project probably because you were so lazy and procrastinating but now you're in trouble, the deadline is near, so you ask some of your friends (or maybe they volunteer) to hAlp.
You take different parts of the projects your friends have done, shove them together, give it "your own style" and then present it to your teacher (who btw rolls her eyes)
this is what Taryn Fisher has done
from characters, to plots and even "Her
Holly  B
How many wives is too many wives?

Whaaaat?

I could not put this down for the first 50% and my mind was a swimming. The last half was even crazier and the snarky attitude on point.

Super twisty / Super twisted

I might share a bottle of Pinot Grigio, but NOT my husband. I also wouldn't be keen to be assigned "a day of the week." Poor little Thursday is searching for a polygamy group online and it proves difficult. Where shall she turn? Will she go there?Yep

There is some darkness and a lot of
Warda
Jan 26, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-reads
This story went from super intriguing, to stupid, to boring, to more stupid, and then it became downright terrible.

———————————

Pre-reading thoughts!
I can’t wait to see how fucked up this is going to get.
Susanne  Strong
3 Stars

Can I just say REALLY!?! Or NO, how about just NO!

Let’s face it: “The Wives” by Tarryn Fisher started out strong, really strong and I was loving it.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday? Wowza. That is wild and is definitely not for me but I’m crazy intrigued (at least by the storyline, lol)!

Unfortunately by about 60% the novel just went off the rails. That said, I was still all in.. and it got better (thank gosh) and that was simply because Thursday kept my attention. Heck, I liked her and I
Bibi
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoiler**

My mind feels razed and not in a good way.
This was a clusterfuck of good premise done poorly (a la Mud Vein) with an unreliable narrator whose psychosis wasn't particularly believable. FRTC
Riley
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i went into this thinking it would be a 5 star read but no baby no this ain't it

the first half was super promising but then it went soooooo downhill. it had every cliche thriller trope and there were so many plot holes it didn't even make sense

tbh the synopsis of this book is the best thing about it
megs_bookrack
**3.5-stars**

Confession: I didn’t realize the protagonist’s real name was Thursday until the very end of the book.

How did I miss that?

I just thought that was the day her husband slept with her...

Moving along, this story was something else. I have to give it points for being unique.

Thursday is married to Seth. Seth has two other spouses. None of them know one another, but as far as Thursday is concerned they are all living in this arrangement by mutual agreement.

As Thursday grows less and less
Larry H
I'm somewhere between 3 and 3.5 stars.

Whoa, now that was a crazy ride!!

“Imagining what the future holds proves difficult when factoring in two other women who share your husband.”

Thursday only sees her husband once a week. It’s not an arrangement she likes, but it’s one she has to live with, since Seth has two other wives. She sometimes can’t believe she agreed to this, and at times she wishes she could just have him to herself.

She’s never met either of the other women. She doesn’t even know
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
ac

'THE WIVES:' Is a full length, stand alone Psychological Thriller by Tarryn Fisher

Holy shit! I don’t even know how to go about writing up this review! I’m sitting here in awe of this author! Readers after me have no idea what they are getting themselves into!! What a roller coaster of a ride, twists and turns, nail biting, suspenseful heart racing moments. This book was utterly unique, this author is the queen when it comes to stepping out of the box, her knack at throwing stories at us where
Katie B
So many thoughts about this book, even days after I finished it. Overall, I did enjoy the book and it was certainly a page turner. However, I wasn't entirely happy with the second half of the story. It was one of those instances in which you still feel invested but yet you are also feeling a bit disappointed in the direction the story is headed. So I am left with some conflicted feelings and I wasn't quite sure what rating I wanted to give the book. 3.5 stars might actually be a better rating.

Christy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_5033_zpsmtgiwz7u.png
Secrets: I'm good at having them and keeping them.
I almost never read thrillers, but when I saw Tarryn Fisher had a new one out and read the synopsis, I knew I had to get my hands on it. This book was a wild ride. If I had to describe it in one word, that word would be unputdownable. I read this in one 4 hour sitting, I seriously couldn’t put it down!

The Wives is told from Thursday’s perspective. Thursday is the second of three wives to her husband, Seth. Seth spends one night a
Erin
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
Thanks to HARLEQUIN-Graydon House books for an egalley in exchange for an honest review.

Read this last evening and I have been thinking about this book all day. I wish YOU and I lived closer because I would totally lend it to you.

My first encounter with Tarryn Fisher was "Atheists Who Kneel and Pray" which without a doubt made me a devoted fan. Her upcoming release "The Wives" is definitely going to be hard for you to commit to New Year's plans.

Thursday is a hard working nurse in Seattle who
Brenda -Traveling Sister
Shocking or shamelessly manipulative, I am not sure which one but it was one fun, dark and twisted read even for this dark and twisted reader. I think this picky twisted reader might be mellowing out a little here with things that hit a nerve for me. I think Tarryn Fisher might have played into that by kicking it up a notch here with the dark and horrifying behavior. I think Norma might be picking up some of my pickiness because it seemed to hit a nerve with her and she was left feeling a bit ...more
Babydimps (Suzy)
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

Damn, that was a wild ride!

The Wives had me hooked from the very first page - I just new I was gonna be taken for a spin on the bat-shit crazymobile! And I loved every second of anticipation!

Super addictive, highly entertaining and incredibly unpredictable!

The story is told entirely from Thursday’s POV - a woman who WILLINGLY shares her husband Seth with his two other wives. That in itself is insane AF. No, seriously though. Once she finds out the names of Seth’s other two wives, she
Michelle
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is bananas and I loved every minute of it!

"That's how woman are, right? Always wondering about each other - curiosity and spite curdling together in little emotional puddles. Little good that does; if you wonder too hard you'll get everything wrong."

And boy did I get this one wrong! What a ride!
Jayme

Imagine your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives, and because of your “unconventional arrangement “ you only get to see your husband on THURSDAY.

You don’t even know their names until one day, by chance, you find mail addressed to Hannah.

You get curious.

For the first 50% I was COMPLETELY intrigued as “THURSDAY” explored her feelings.

Her husband, Seth has told her that he loved his wives all differently, but equally. But, what does that mean? Who would he
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
4.5 stars!

Addictive and edgy! Gripping and shocking! Thrillingly unputdownable!!!!

This book had me hooked from start to finish - I literally couldn’t put it down. The plot is so unique and engrossing, I found myself in a constant state of curiosity and shock. I was absorbed deep within these characters lives, questioning their situations and decisions. I couldn’t figure out who to believe - my thoughts flip flopped from one chapter to the next. The narrative was brilliantly executed - I loved
The Morning Toast...: THE WIVES (!) 12 146 Feb 07, 2020 08:54AM
Turning Pages At ...: The Wives by Tarryn Fisher 78 74 Jan 29, 2020 06:58PM

• The Sun Down Motel
  • Regretting You
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Long Bright River
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • A Madness of Sunshine
  • Love Lettering
  • Lock Me In
  • Reverie
  • The Liar's Daughter
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty ...more
“But the truth is that the heart’s desire is a mere current against the tide of nurture and nature. You can spend your whole life swimming against it and eventually you’ll get tired and the current of genes and upbringing will pull you under.” 8 likes
“We busy ourselves trying not to be lonely, trying to find purpose in careers, and lovers, and children, but at any moment, those things we work so hard to possess could be taken from us.” 6 likes