Start by marking “Warrior Blue” as Want to Read:

He is broken,
He is fine.
He is wanted,
But he's not mine.

Blake Carson can't afford to have a life. Between working full-time as a tattoo artist and caring for his disabled twin brother Jacob, his plate is more than full - and he prefers it that way.

But his meticulous planning is turned on its head when he meets the upbeat and beautiful Audrey Wright and her butterfly
Kindle Edition
Published January 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Blue

Start your review of Warrior Blue
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: shelly
About 80% into Warrior Blue it occurred to me that there was no way I'd be able to write a review that would do this book justice. In order to give it a shot, I started jotting down a list to capture my thoughts while still reading. It looked like this:

~ thought-provoking
~ spiritual
~ redemptive
~ metaphorical
~ powerful

The love story is stunning. But understand that this is because the love story is so much bigger than the romance. There is romance here, but it doesn't play out how you might
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Salem, Massachusetts.

Blake is a 33 year old Tattoo Artist. He's extremely talented - he could have his own tv show - or at least his own shop and he would be booked for years. But Blake is also the twin brother to Jacob. Jake. And while Jake is also a 33 year old man ... he's also not. He might look like Blake, but inside he's a five year old kid. We don't know what happened to him, we just know that Blake loves him madly, but he also feels responsible for him and for whatever happened to him.

Kerry Bowman
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Coincidences abound in this relatable story of two survivors.
There are so many creative twists and turns throughout this beautiful book.
Described as two angels who are sent to save each other. Together they overcome a series of hurdles which would trip most people.
Grab your tissues because you’re going to need them.
Reading Addict
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Kelsey Kingsley's books to date and Warrior Blue is her most moving and inspirational book by far! Blake Carson is angry with the world. He is angry with fate, his parents, strangers and mostly himself. His only soft spot is for his developmentally disabled twin brother that he feels personally responsible for. Well Blake's world is going to turn on it's axis all because of a tattoo that he did and doesn't remember. Audrey walks into Blake's dark life like the ray of sunshine ...more
Amy
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down until I finished. Kelsey Kingsley awes me with her words and this might be my favorite book of hers.

Blake Carson is a tattoo artist who is often angry and lives a colorless life that includes taking care of his disabled twin brother. He blames himself for his brother’s accident and feels he doesn’t deserve happiness. Audrey Wright comes into his tattoo shop for a replica of her sister’s tattoo and this tattoo is a catalyst for
Katia Hatter
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the great pleasure of reading an ARC copy of this book. In all honesty, Kelsey Kingsley is one of my favorite authors - she’s written some of my favorite books EVER - but I knew going in that this might be a bit of a departure for her. I went in a little blind, on purpose, just to see if the Kelsey “magic” would happen again.

Let me tell you - it did.

Warrior Blue is a magical story. What I admire most about Kelsey’s writing is her ability to deal with difficult themes and situations in a
Paulette
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite reads of 2020! Yes, I can unequivocally state that at this time. It is a timeless story. The story captures your attention from the author’s beginning note, the prologue intrigues you and starting with chapter 1 you will be riveted and taken on a journey for which you will not be prepared. You can’t pack enough in your emotional bag to accommodate all you’re going to need for the trip you are about to traverse .
This author writes from the heart and in a very realistic way.
BookAddict
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been hundreds of books since a character shoved me out of bed so I could capture my thoughts about the book world I’m currently immersed in, so I guess I was overdue. All though Blake Carson is the kind of hero we would rather have inviting us into bed, his voice, as well as Audrey's, were so persistent in my head that it wasn't the kind of threesome anyone would enjoy, so here I am. I suspect this review is gearing up to be a long one, and if you'd like to skip to the summary, here it is. ...more
 Lopke
Shelves: arc, favorite, 2019
This was my first read by the author, and I'm incredibly thankful for having received an e-arc of Warrior Blue. Please take note that this does not affect my reviews. Everything i say is of my own opinion, and my honest thoughts :)

In saying that, Warrior Blue was phenomenal! It's another read i never knew i needed. I went into this expecting an emotional/dark/heavy romance - but it was so much more delving into grief, acceptance and unlimited love.

The story was absolutely heart gripping. I
Kristy Odom
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book broke my heart, and put it back together again. It was so much more than just Blake and Audrey. Yes, Blake needed her. She made him better. She pulled him out into the world. He saw things differently with her.

Jake... I loved him. It was clear Blake needed him probably more than Jake needed Blake. There was something so very special about him. He sees the world differently.

I loved how this story came full circle. Facing a heartbreaking situation, his mother finally saw what she was
Mary S.
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I have read a bunch of broken heroes that sometimes they are even the same as the next one I have read and than there are others that are just so very good that they just get stuck with you after you have finish with their story. Blake this man will be with me for awhile if not forever. His pain, his guilt, his love was is the most amazing, beautiful story I have the privilege of reading. He was just perfect,imperfect kind of way even with his rudeness you just could feel all the ...more
Mrs K
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg Kelsey does it again.
This book has all the feels and emotions you look for in a gripping book.
A story of a jaded tattoo artist and a hopeful woman.
They’ve both endured their own versions of hardships and loss, they’ve both dealt with them in their own ways, coping as best as they can. Together they realise that they can deal with the adversities and trials that life throws at them, so much easier than they can alone.
They truly are Warriors who no longer need to be blue.
Julia Wolf
This is a love story.
It's not a typical love story. There is romance, and there are swoon-worthy moments between Audrey and Blake, but for me, the love story between brothers was what stole my heart.

In the beginning, I didn't think I was going to like Blake. He was an a$$ to pretty much everyone and carried his anger around him like a shroud. But once I saw him with Jake, his disabled twin brother, he won me over (and once I read on, I got really freakin' angry on his behalf!). His patience,
Lisa Grigsby
This book is an absolute masterpiece. I have been contemplating what to write that would do this justice but I still can't. The depth that Kingsley dove to explorer the subject at hand and how the dyanamic plays out is stunning. A true representation of the intricacies of the interwoven fabric of our lives. If you are looking for a fluffy glitter filled romantic beach read skip this book. If you are ready for a book that makes you fall in love with every word, that alternates between ugly cries ...more
Brenda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsey Kingsley is atop the list of my favourite authors because of her ability to weave a story that is rich, complex, and deep. I am usually in love with her books by the time I finish the author’s notes at the beginning and “Warrior Blue” was no exception. I read over 400 books in 2019 and loved the majority of them, but few books impacted me like “Warrior Blue.”

Ms. Kingsley has previously demonstrated her skill in tackling difficult and painful topics in “Tell Me Goodnight” (death/grief) and
Sophie Ruthven
Wow.
This was a new to me author and one I'll definitely look out for in the future.
The book took me awhile to get into but once I did I was turning pages like a mad woman.
I'm sitting here bleary eyed as I just couldn't put it down and read till I crashed at some ungodly hour.
This is not an easy story to read but boy is it worth it.
Pay attention to those "signs" you never know what you're missing out on by keeping yourself closed off
Katie  Dickey
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, I already know that I will ultimately do this book an injustice because I'm not a writer, I'm a reader, but I'm going to do my best. Do you ever feel as though certain people were placed on this earth at the same time as you for a certain purpose? I feel that way about Kelsey. She writes for me. She is my author soul mate. That, not coincidently, parallels with the exact theme of this book. I have struggled to find the powerful words to equal the powerful gratitude I feel for her words. I'm ...more
Lori Caprio Tate
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every. Single. Time. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I should know what I am getting into when I read a Kelsey Kingsley book. But I always forget that this author writes books that rip your heart out than puts it back together piece by piece and she never disappoints. This is no exception. Audrey and Blake are two lost souls wrapped in their own despair when they find each other and try to help each other through their demons. I cried, I smiled, i fell in love and i cheered as they maneuvered through the ...more
Ali
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started this book thinking Kelsey was an asshole. An angry, jaded main character, parents I hated, a love interest that was so perfect I wanted to scream. Really, this was the best you could do? Then I realized Kelsey wasn’t an asshole, she was an evil genius. She knew exactly what she was doing. She was like the little puppet master behind the scenes pulling the strings of my heart in all these unexpected ways and playing me like a violin. Every little detail actually served a greater ...more
April Pachuta
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be a part of the ARC group for Kelsey Kingsley’s new book, Warrior Blue. This book is a beautiful, gritty masterpiece. It’s not a book for those looking for a fluffy romantic read or an easy hero.

In Blake Carson, you’ll meet a soul searching for love and acceptance. He’s battered and bruised. Audrey Wright is the light that his darkness needs. This book is a wonderful read, bringing tears of sadness, joy, and happiness.

I highly recommend this book that shows the struggles
Ramona
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When authors or bloggers ask who is one author I think everyone should really know about or read, I always, always say Kelsey Kingsley! Warrior Blue is the perfect example as to why I choose her!

Kelsey always gives me characters so memorable, that my heart still longs for more months later. I didn't want this story to end. I felt every insult Blake took, all the frustration Jake felt, all the love Audrey gave. I could go on and on, and still not be able to convey how moved I was by this story!

Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew when I read the synopsis and the story around this book that it was going to be something special.... I mean even the cover and the title say ‘look at me....’
Well, seriously this is a must read. Ms Kingsley has brought something totally amazing. The writing is fresh and exact. The characters are raw and real. It’s heartbreaking, emotional and ultimately uplifting. It made me cry, crack up laughing and also made me appreciate my own life and the people in it that little bit more.
Blake is
Ljones
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book wrecked me! I woke up this morning picked up my phone to finish reading it. Still laying in bed as a read the last page at 1045am. So raw and real! I feel like I crawled inside Blake and cried and yelled right along with him. The signs and how everything came together was so amazing! Kelsey Kingsley is so talented . After reading just one of her amazing stories, you will binge read the rest of her wonderful books! ...more
Stefanie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!! I am adding Blake to the list of my favorite Kelsey characters along with Sebastian and Chaddington! I felt every emotion in this book; the pain, the anguish, the guilt and the love. Was definitely feeling the guest appearance by some of my other fav characters. If this story had ended the way I thought it was going to, I would have needed therapy! Well done Kelsey and I can’t wait to see what you do next!
Jaime Reynolds
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a firm believer in fate. That everything happens for a reason and how it’s supposed to. This story packs a powerful and emotional punch that has left me reeling. Words cannot be written to adequately describe how fantastic the storyline and characters are. All I can say is read this as it is of the best books I’ve read in 2019!!
Hannah Nappi
Warrior Blue by Kelsey Kingsley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall: 5/5
Steam: 2/5
Audible:
Series: unsure
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝗪
This book is amazing!! I could feel the characters emotions as they were my own and they had me crying with them! This book was unexpected (in the best
Donna Ladd
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was privileged to receive an ARC copy of Warrior Blue. Through the tears I read about the heartache and triumph of Blake. This was a beautifully written story. Audrey is a beautiful soul that we all should aspire to be more like. Her unconditional love is astounding.
Kelsey Kingsley has written another stunner! Beautiful and astounding.
Cassie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Way to set the Bar for 2020!

This was truly an AMAZING story, it filled me with laughter and tears.

What did I like the most??
- The parallels, the signs, the auras, the fated moments, coincidences
- The interactions between Blake and Jake
- Audrey's strength, attitude, tenacity
- Freddy's simple childlike view of the world and instant friendship with Jake
- Jason and Audrey's relationship - that is the way co-parenting should be
- The growth in characters, especially Blake and his parents and
Leisa Ann
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kelsey Kingsley never ceases to amaze me with the vividness of her characters and the depth and honesty of her words. Warrior Blue is so much more than just a story about twin brothers, loss and HEA's. After reading this book I think for me the overwhelming feeling I had was hope....this book provides hope that even the most broken lost soul is still worthy of being loved. Blake is a broken hero and Audrey truly is his saving grace and you can feel the darkness of Blake softening with the light ...more
Aimee
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love that it is all from Blake's POV. He has a lot of personal growth and he def works toward personal healing and understanding. His relationship with Jake is lovely.

I read somewhere that someone didn't like Audrey because she put up with too much of Blake's crap and that some of his behaviour could be red flags for real relationships. I have a different opinion. I think making Audrey a preschool teacher was an excellent choice. Competent preschool teachers, or

• Protecting What's Mine
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Release
  • Crush
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • No Vacancy
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Almost Perfect
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Never Lasting (Never Blue #1)
  • Focused
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Never Again (Never Blue #2)
  • Mantrum
  • Holiday Ever After
When I was a wee lassie, I was told by my preschool teachers that I was a natural at storytelling. When I was just a little older than that, an old friend's mother said to me, "Kelsey, one day your books are going to be on the shelves at the library."

Well, Diane, I don't know if my books are ever going to be on the shelves of libraries, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

When I'm not writing
“There are certain thing in our lives – certain people - that are just supposed to be there. We don’t choose them, or what they’ll mean to us; they’re just a part of who we are.”

“And what is it you think I am to you?” …
Without hesitation, she answered, “You’re the man I’m meant to love.”
0 likes
“You make me so fucking vulnerable, Audrey, and I hate it so much. I fucking hate that I don’t have a choice in any of this shit, and that nothing makes sense anymore. But I love you, and I guess that’s all that really needs to make sense.” 0 likes