Start by marking “Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #2)” as Want to Read:
Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #2)

Asking For a Friend

(Boyfriend Material #2)

I was only trying to help a friend. I swear. I was legit asking for a friend who was finally ready to date again.

I knew what she wanted in a man — smart, funny, ambitious, well-read (no, the sports section doesn't count), and plays a wicked game of badminton.

So I did what any good friend would do. Posted it for her. It seemed like a good idea at the time — I’d weed through
Published December 16th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Asking For a Friend, please sign up.
Sara I'm trying to remember as well...I wish there was a chart of how all the characters are related. I love how all the books are connected.…moreI'm trying to remember as well...I wish there was a chart of how all the characters are related. I love how all the books are connected.(less)

Start your review of Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #2)
Lauren Blakely
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so thrilled that readers can now grab Asking For a Friend! It's quite possibly my favorite book I've written!

✦Amazon ➜ https://blkly.pub/KindleAsking
✦Apple ➜ https://blkly.pub/AppleAsking
✦Kobo ➜ https://blkly.pub/KoboAsking
✦BN ➜ https://blkly.pub/AskingNook
✦Google ➜ https://blkly.pub/AskingGoogle
✦Paperback ➜ https://blkly.pub/AskingPB
✦Audible➜http://blkly.pub/AudibleAsking

Apoorva
First things first: I may or may not have rated this four stars had I read this any other time. Sometimes you feel like reading something but do not know what that something is until you pick it up. I went through 3-4 books before this but finally I found a book that I liked. *sigh*

Lately whenever I read a book I've been feeling that the characters are cringey sweet. It might be my brain telling me that I'm in the mood for something dark or non-romance but frankly, the characters have been cring
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her very own Clark Kent...

Asking For a Friend left me completely satisfied. It was funny, cute and sexy with characters I absolutely loved. There is something so appealing about finding characters you can relate to. Amy is a devoted reader who manages to get paid for something she loves doing. When she meets Linc, it's obvious that these two were meant for each other.

Lauren Blakely is one of my favourite authors. She manages to write love stories that are a good balance between fairytale and rea
Cami
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giggle-fest
This was definitely my kind of humor. This was a fun sweet RomCom that was pretty drama free.
It was a slow burn which is normally not something I am terribly fond of but the humor was so good that I still really enjoyed the book!!
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-2019
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Romance, I think, is the hardest of the genres to write and make it believable, fresh, and interesting. You would think it would be easy, because it’s about emotions and feelings, and people, and no one needs to know exact dimensions of streets in Italy for car chase scenes.

But...Suspense. Murder mysteries. Political thrillers. They all have the inherent hook to lure in the reader. You want to know how they end. In Gone Girl, you want to know what happened, and h
Rochelle
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lauren has done it again. This book rocks. Book 1 of a new series and I can’t wait to read more of the series. If they’re anything like this book, it will be epic. Loved Amy and Linc so much. Where can I find my own Linc? The chemistry and attraction between them was so good. You can feel it coming off the pages. You will have a smile on your face by the time you are finished. I highly recommend this story. This will be a story that you will reread many times as you do with all her books.

I rece
Wendy Irving
Protagonist is annoying

Clever dialog is enjoyable if it’s mixed in with ordinary narration. It seems like the author/protagonist is trying too hard to be witty in every phrase. It’s actually tiring and rings fake. The other frustration I have is that the female and male protagonist “sound” too much alike. Without speech tags in the dialog, either character could be saying the lines. I get that they are fated to be together, but it’s not interesting if they are clones of each other. I stopped rea
Kim
This is online dating with a twist...or maybe a couple of twists.

Amy Summers is a book nerd who loves words and takes her job as a Junior Editor seriously. She is working towards a promotion at work and trying to be more confident and sell herself. She is sassy, verbally expressive, sweet, and smart.

Linc Silvers comes strolling in as the new Senior Editor and new office hottie. He is also fun, eloquent, intelligent, and easy to get along with. So easy that they develop fun banter and repartee. A
Carmen Rae
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, no-angst
This was classic Lauren Blakely. Great characters, a cute, humorous drama free story.
Candyce Kirk
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Asking for a Friend is filled with stuff that I love. Characters that are nerdy and love books, talking about books, references to things I know and love, humor, romance and a smile that was left on my face after reading the last page.

Amy loves all things books and really wants to move up the ladder. She loves her job as Junior Editor, but would love to do more. When a position opens up, Amy knows she needs to do everything to make her dream come true. She knows how to sell the things she loves,
READ ME ROMANCE
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boyfriend Material is the perfect name for this series because Lauren Blakely’s leading men are all that and more. Linc Silvers, our hero in Asking for a Friend, is a book lover and editor. He flew across the country from California to New York for a job promotion and to start fresh after his heart was tattered.

It is at the publishing company that he first notices fellow wordsmith Amy Summers, younger sister to Josh and Quinn who both found love in Overnight Service and Special Delivery, respec
Alex in Spades
3,5 Stars

Cute, and pretty fast paced story with likeable characters - in the true Lauren Blakely fashion - though not my favorite trope. Also it was just a bit bland for my liking. I mean it was a sweet story, but a bit too sweet for me. I honestly don't know (it's probably me, not the book) but this one just wasn't my jam. But I definitely can't wait for the next one.
One chapter more
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have gotten a new credit on my Audible app and this book came up as a recommended title so... Here we are!

This book is proof that a great audiobook can save anyone! The story started so so so interesting, especially for a fan of Henry Cavill, Clark Kent, books books books and crazy coincidence. Oh, and vanilla latte and 'occasional' cake. It took me one sitting to listen and then continue reading it on my kindle to finish this book. One evening and a rollercoaster.

So why only 4 stars? As much
Dominika
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This had so many situations that could have ended in a conflict but they didn't because all the characters actually talked to each other and acted like adults. I like that so much. ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

I’ve made no secret about the fact that Lauren Blakely is one of my favorite authors of all time. There are many reasons why she has landed on this personal list of mine, but it all boils down to the simple fact that I always get something more than a happily ever after when reading her books. Of course, hers are always well-written, sexy romances about endearing characters swept up in engaging and fulfilling love stories. But Blakely kicks it up a notch with stellar storytelling, ric
Mia
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Struggled with this book for some reason. It just didn't hold my interest. I'm interested Peyton and Tristan's story. ...more
Happily Mary After
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-dec
You do not want to miss Lauren Blakely’s latest romantic comedy, Asking for a Friend! Linc moved across the country for an amazing career opportunity and for a fresh start, and he is committed to focusing on his new job and avoiding any workplace romances. His best laid plans are quickly put to the test when he meets his new coworker, Amy. She’s vibrant, fun, smart and gorgeous, and he’s intensely attracted to her. Thankfully (kind of), Amy is concentrating on a possible promotion and also avoid ...more
Karina
Aug 12, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF 20 %. Couldn’t get into it
Cat Nunez
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love reading Lauren’s books and this one was very fun and easy to read. Amy and Linc are amazing and I really enjoyed the story, especially the funny parts, Amy was so easygoing that I loved everything she did.

Also, I loved reading about Lauren’s other book characters, like Josh and Quinn, Amy’s siblings and Truly.
Micky Cox
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful rom com wrought with witty banter and intelligent characters to keep you delightfully entertained and ready for more from this series! I'm seriously into the rom com's this summer and this one definitely hits the spot! I'm so eager to see what happens with the characters in the next book!
Sydni
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
cute but boring
J. Grayland
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not sure what it was about this book but for some reason I couldn't just get into it, the characters were great, the story line was funny and predictable and the sex was hot as usual. ...more
Melena Torretta
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs

This book had me laughing the entire time I read it! The banter was hilarious, the writing witty, and the characters were fun and relatable.

This is the first book in a new series and can be read as a standalone, but Lauren Blakely fans will recognize characters from other books. I liked these fun cameos and catching up with what the characters are up to now.

Amy and Linc work in publishing as book editors and I was envious of their jobs from the get go. Reading for a living sounds like s
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Asking for a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1) by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Andi Arndt and Jason Clarke with guests Zachary Webber and Erin Mallon
Standalone First in an inter-related Series

It’s no secret that I don’t ever miss a Lauren Blakely audiobook. I listened to Asking For a Friend back in December, then took vacation before I had a chance to review it, so I re-listened before listening to Sex and Other Shiny Objects . I loved it just as much the second time around.

All of Laure
Erin Lewis
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star review of Asking For A Friend (Boyfriend Material #1) by Lauren Blakely

Have you ever moved for a job? Linc Silvers is totally focused on making a success of his new job. However his determination is put to the test when he meets his new co worker Amy Summers. Amy is just as focused on her career, but the attraction between them is intense and cannot be ignored no matter how hard they try.

I fell hard and fast for Linc and honestly he just melted my heart; Amy is one of those women that yo
Jessica
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was SO. MUCH. FUN. Amy and Linc have sass and banter for days and it was so fun to watch them go back and forth, with a kind of You've Got Mail twist. ...more
michelle
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book with an addictive storyline. The synopsis was what got me interested but finding out it’s also an office romance (lowkey) was even better.

Amy and Linc’s story was so cute and I can’t wait to read about Peyton and Tristan’s next.
Connie
Feb 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF!!!!!!! Exceedingly boring and tedious. By page 72 I was done. The banter between Amy and Linc is tiresome and going absolutely no where. What a monumental waste of reading time!
blue night
Super sweet, hipster talking hetero romance. Not really my thing so not going to rate it. I mostly skimmed. Not sure why it’s listed as m/m - it’s not. Having a gay sidekick dude doesn’t make it m/m...

• Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Countdown To Christmas
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Perky
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Vampire Master (Vampire Queen, #16)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men #2)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • The Day He Came Back
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals, #4)
  • Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
  • Never Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #1)
  • Love and Landscape (Rockland Falls Book 3)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more

Boyfriend Material (5 books)
  • Special Delivery
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #4)
  • Your French Kisses (Boyfriend Material, #5)