Start by marking “Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment” as Want to Read:
Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment

Life Over Cancer: The Block Center Program for Integrative Cancer Treatment

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Dr. Keith Block is at the global vanguard of innovative cancer care. As medical director of the Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment in Evanston, Illinois, he has treated thousands of patients who have lived long, full lives beyond their original prognoses. Now he has distilled almost thirty years of experience into the first book that gives patients a systematic, ...more
Published April 21st 2009 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Life Over Cancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Over Cancer

Cancer Is a Bitch by Gail Konop BakerAnticancer by David Servan-SchreiberCancer Vixen by Marisa Acocella MarchettoTripping over the Truth by Travis ChristoffersonBald Is Better with Earrings by Andrea Hutton
Cancer Sucks
48 books — 4 voters
Δικαίωμα στην Αλήθεια by I.C. PapachristosAnticancer by David Servan-SchreiberAutistic blessings and Bipolar me. by E.J. PlowsMEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX by James MorcanDying to Be Me by Anita Moorjani
Cancer
53 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
My doctor loaned this book to me to read after I was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It is packed full of information. I found it very useful. There is a lot of information in it that was just too (how do I describe it - lets use the word) meaty for me to take in at this time. But the basic dietary / relaxation /exercise information was great. I know that the medical team that are working to get good results for me are doing everything that they can. But I feel that I need to be doing som ...more
Mary Karpel-Jergic
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
A comprehensive volume which addresses an integrative approach to treating cancer. It is packed with useful advice and guidance and is a wonderful testimony to the work undertaken at the Block Centre for Integrative Cancer Treatment, founded by the author and his wife.

It's good to read about alternative and/or adjuvant treatments written by a medical doctor. There is no quackery here but a crystal clear message that diet can aid the cancer patient.

A dense book written with lots of references and
Christy
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Block is my Doctor at the Block Center in Skokie, IL. I travel to the Block Center from MN every other week to receive the best cancer care I've found. This book is a great place to learn about this Integrative Center that has been treating cancer patients since 1980. In the midst of "wannabe" integrative centers, the Block Center is the real deal.
Jenny Stringham
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an ongoing read, but it has so much good practical, everyday information.
Dee Bibb
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Some of the information given in this book seems to be useful....however...it is also just good common sense...like eating good healthy meals and taking vitamin supplements.

Dr. Block repeats a whole lot of the book over and over and that is something that really gets on my nerves. If the book has 300 pages....give me 300 pages of information...not 150 pages of repeated information.

Maybe if I were at his clinic in Illinois discussing the information with him in person....I would like the book bet
Sonja
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is actually the second time I've read this book. It has a lot of good advice about how to prepare and deal with treatment and how to keep cancer from coming back. He does go into some scientific detail that is easy to skip over if you want. I have parts of this book bookmarked to go back to as a reference for tips on diet, exercise, and mind-body health, as well as an inspiration on living after cancer treatment.
Karl Seidel
May 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone diagnosed with cancer.
Recommended to Karl by: Display at Keith Block's practice.
I've only read the first chapter of this book...my wife has been reading it and I haven't gotten back to it yet. Keith Block heads an oncology clinic in Evanston, IL. If you're interested in complementary medicine and you or someone you know has cancer this is a book you'll want to read.
Annabeth
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second book I always recommend to people facing cancer diagnosis. I really love how he merges conventional and alternative medicine into "complimentary" medicine. WISH HE WAS A PEDIATRIC doctor! GREAT INFO.
Cara
Looks like a great book, but I just can't stand any more cancer stuff right now. Not much use in my reading it anyway unless R buys in, and he doesn't want to read it, either. Back it goes.
Paula
May 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wonderful multi-faceted approach to cancer treatment.
Grace Dadoyan
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent, comprehensive book on complementary cancer treatments. A must-read for anyone with cancer looking to improve their treatment, recovery, or remission maintenance.
Nadine
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you have cancer, have had cancer, or never want to get cancer, please read this book.
Jane
Jan 03, 2017 added it
Didn't finish - will use as a reference when needed.
Máttur Matarins
Oct 25, 2013
Matt
rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2015
May 26, 2015
ANGELA
Jan 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“avoid refined carbohydrates: white sugar, honey, high-fructose corn syrup, cookies, cakes, pastries, white bread, crackers, potato chips, french fries, commercial waffles, candy, donuts, and many dry breakfast cereals (juice-sweetened cereals listing whole grains as a primary ingredient are okay, but those with added sugar, evaporated cane juice, or honey are likely to raise your levels of tumor-fueling blood sugar and insulin). Instead, emphasize whole grains such as those above, as well as complex carbs such as vegetables, legumes, beans, and fresh fruit. If you crave something sweet, try dried fruit, rice syrup, barley malt, agave, kiwi sweetener, stevia, FruitSource, or maple syrup.” 0 likes
“A key step toward revitalization is to develop a positive future projection for yourself. Start by writing down your immediate and long-term goals. How would you like to see yourself one year, three years, and five years from now? Write a brief description of these images, using visual details and sounds, identifying the people around you, the focus of your time, and how you will evaluate whether you've reached your personal goals.” 0 likes