Start by marking “Trey (Lair #3)” as Want to Read:
Trey (Lair #3)

Trey

(Lair #3)

They say time heals all wounds. And maybe they’re right. But what about wounds no one sees? The kind that open again and again? The kind that have you feeling like you swallowed glass?

Those are the wounds I carry. Years of heartbreak have created layer after layer of scar tissue over my whimpering heart.
Everywhere I go, I play the part of rock star, shameless with my coc
Published May 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Trey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trey

Start your review of Trey (Lair #3)
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Trey is the story of a man who rises from the ashes and finds love and hope again after beating back the demons of addiction and desolation. He’s one of those characters that you can’t help but love and want so much for him to find his happily ever after.

Whoa, and boy does he ever! I loved watching Trey fall in love again.

Loved seeing Trey stand up and fight for himself.

Loved seeing Trey’s heart and soul mend, bit by bit.

Loved seeing Trey become whole again.

And that epilogue! Damn, so good a
Syndi
May 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the previous book on this series and I shelved it under DNF. I can not remember the title. However Trey gave me a surprise. I really like this book. Miss Madden done a good job bringing a co parenting issues at the center.

Yes there is romance in it, but it took behind the seat. The issue of co parenting is wonderfully contrasting between Trey's parenting style and Camille's. I do love how Miss Madden bringing the pro and contra from both Trey and Camille's POV.

Since this is romance I wa
Joanne
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads
***A TOP FIVE BOOK OF 2020***

I loved this book from the first page until the last. Trey has had a rough life. He's endured tragedy after tragedy and has had to pick himself up more times than not. What I love about him is his even though he's been dealt a horrible hand and has hit rock bottom, he didn't lose himself in the process.

In TREY, we get to see him laugh, we get to hear his corny jokes, and we get to see a side of him we didn't see coming. There is so much I can say about this book, but
B. C. Booklover
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The moment this book arrived on my kindle, I sat in a quiet part of my house (hiding from my family...shhh!), transfixed for hours while happily devouring Trey's story. He grabbed my attention from the first time I read about him- I loved this man of many faces and emotions....most are hidden, but when he let's them out to play, guard your heart, Trey firing on all cylinders is lethal! His well traveled road to 'now' has been rough and challenging at times- money and fame do not guarantee happin ...more
Trish Sutherland
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The sexy bass player of Devils Lair is back and the final chapter in his life story is about to be told.

His life has been traumatic, unforgiving and tragic since a young age, but now is Trey Taylor’s time to put those demons in there place and experience a life altering happiness that he deserves. His life will forever change with a chance meeting from his past that will see his future change in a heartbeat and in a way he never thought possible.
This is a story of acceptance, hope and all cons
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book I’ve read by AM Madden. And at first I wasn’t sure if I should have read the other books in the first series and in the spin off series too. A lot of times these “stand-alone” aren’t great read out of order and you miss a lot. But in this case I really didn’t feel like I was missing much. I understood what Trey has gone through in the past and I was able to connect with his character. The lead female character, Camilla, is a strong woman who has made her own way in life an ...more
Karen Cimms
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've loved Trey Taylor throughout the entire series. I couldn't think of a better ending for his story. ...more
Karie Gibson
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So many feelings! I've loved Trey since the first book. The Lair's will forever be in my heart. This book made the series come full circle for me and I was sad to see it end. I don't want to give spoilers just know that this book is going to rock your heart with all Things Trey!!!!! ...more
Jenny Harris
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book we find out where Trey is at since losing his wife and going off the rails. Also in this book are we introduced to a new character Camilla Deron. Well Trey is back not at a 100% but like his therapist keeps telling him that will take time. He still misses Tara and still feels guilty for what he lost. He is learning though that his new normal doesn't have to be defined by his past. This is s
All Booked Out
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A rockstar, secret baby and second chance romance all wrapped into an emotional and beautiful story of growth, overcoming tragedy and how an unexpected gift can bring joy and happiness.

My heart broke for Trey. He suffered so much trauma, tragedy, heartbreak and grief in his life it’s not a surprise he turned to alcohol and substances to numb his pain. After hitting rock bottom, with the love and support of his band mates he battles his destructive habits and fights to be the best versio
Rebecca
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes scars and wounds fester so deep inside someone that it’s impossible to be free completely of them. And, even when rock bottom is hit, and the only way to move forward is to let go and become a different person - someone who doesn’t lose himself in liquor, drugs, or women - it’s still a rigorous climb and one that can only be taken if perspectives change and a shining light finds its way into his life.

Trey Taylor is an enigma and so not who he seems to be or who he wants to be. He defi
Tracey Lou
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved catching up with the guys from devils lair. Seeing how they were going but more importantly seeing how Trey was doing. I always felt that until he was happy and settled their story was incomplete.
I have to say the author caught me by surprise at the way this story started. In a good way, i might add ! I smiled and felt the contentment settle over me.
Things were going to get really interesting.

Who knew that all the bad ass behaviour that Trey got up to back in the day would come back and
Nita Chauvet Kvalsvig
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to be in the ARC group for Trey. Color me bowled over by A. M. Madden's writing. I have been waiting so long for this book that I was going to take my time and savor it. Right... that did not happen. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Needless to say I absolutely loved this book and crave the Backup series of books and stand alone's to continue very far into the future. I am a voracious reader and A.M. Madden is definitely one of my favorite writers and Trey is ...more
Diane Yoz
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG THIS BOOK!!!! Amazing!  Profoundly emotional!

The best book of the Lair series, not because I have always loved Trey but because it is just so frkn good. Loved it!!!
 Trey had his HAE and then his life was destroyed, I never thought he would survive that, but after reading "TREY" I now understand he needed his past to teach him how to open up his heart so that he can really give love and heal from all his emotional scars.  It was amazing to read how a certain unconditional love restored this
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A.M Madden has given us another amazing Lair Novel with Trey, the emotions you will feel whilst reading this novel are like no other my heart was hurting as we visited Treys past and then beating wildly whilst we watched him face his future.

Last time we got to see Trey was when he made a surprise appearance whilst Devil Lair were touring he'd taken a much needed break from life after suffering another heartache and being stripped bare.

Trey is still dealing with his past and learning to live ag
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

If you're a #LairLover like me you'll be interested in seeing what happens with Trey in this novel. If you've not read previous Lair / Back-Up Series novels you should before reading this one.

Trey is a lost soul.  So much of his life has not been positive.  What had been positive though he's clung to like glue. Working through his demons is where we meet him again in Trey.

Trey thinks he has a tortured soul.  One that no good can be bestowe
Ilaria reads too much :)
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nice discovery I loved and liked this story and the redemption path
Sometimes life gives you lemons
But you get a second chance ❤️
Erika
May 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just couldn’t finish it

It’s a shame because the book was well written but Camilla was such a pain, I couldn’t finish the book. I gave up at the 70% mark. Her attitude was so profoundly selfish and ignorant it was irritating. How dare she judge him and decide his suitability to be a father? She doesn’t know him. She kept going on about how he couldn’t buy his way back in and his lifestyle as if as he said he would be the first rock star to have a family. He is wealthy so it’s obvious that he woul
Kim Whitehead
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gahhh!! What a wonderful story! Emotional and heartwarming! It was one of those reads that warms your heart from the inside! Passionate and loving! Another fantastic book by A.M. Madden!
JP
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a bittersweet moment for me to think we’ve come a full circle with The Devil’s Lair. Ms Madden wrapped it up with an epic yet normal ending for Trey and I will miss this rock star gang for a long time to come. I loved their god like confidence and their big hearts but most of all I LOVED their banter with each other. Lord, I even loved Trey’s stupid jokes. I’m so glad Trey fucking Taylor finally got his forever after.
Ms madden, I can’t wait for the spin off series starring Shane and Ali
Jody
Not having read the previous installments in The Back-Up series shouldn’t hold anyone back when it comes to picking up this book as it stands strongly on its own as a tale of second chances set in the music world. From its delicious hero, Trey Taylor, to the strong-willed heroine who finds an unexpected family of her own after coming face to face with her own past. Together they make a formidable pair whose journey to HEA brought a tear to my eye while warming my heart.

Trey’s life started out un
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon CA
Amazon AU

Trey has been through it. But he's stabilized and back in the mix again with his crew, his band, his family. And then a blast from his past drops a hell of a revelation on him and he's left reeling. Can he do what Camilla asks, or will he fall headlong into love again, for the first time since he lost his wife?

Tortured rockstars can be a difficult trope to do well, but I'd say A.M. Madden knows what she's doing because this is a fanta
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Trey Taylor has endured a lifetime of hurt, tragedy has struck his life more times than he cares to count, and he carries the scars to prove it. Just when he thought he had finally found the happiness that had been missing from his life, it struck again and stole the only woman he had ever loved away from him. And it lead him a down a dark and dangerous path that he is still trying to recover from. Now he lives his life one day at a time, and surrounds himself with the few people he trusts to ke ...more
World Of Books 65
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rocker
An emotional story of 2nd chances when you don't feel that you really deserve them!

We always knew that Trey's story was going to be emotional; A guitarist with a world famous band; his entire life hasn't been sunshine and roses; abused by his father a pillar of the church ignored by his mother. Trey embraced the Rocker life style whole heartedly; drink; drugs; women he did it all and loved it! Then he meet the love of his love - his wife Tara the one person that made him a better man - until a t
Michelle
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“This man needed love.”

This one sentence summarizes the tale of redemption and love involving the bass guitarist of Devil's Lair.

A man surrounded by love from his fellow band members, Trey is a man convinced he was undeserving of love, until circumstances irrevocably alters his view. A.M. Madden skillfully guides us along his journey towards forgiveness and demonstrates how love, in all its various forms, contributes towards his healing process. His band members provided memorable moments with
Stacie Christensen
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Coming 5/4 from USA Today bestselling author, A.M. Madden comes a STAND-ALONE rock star spin-off novel from The Back-Up Series.

Everywhere I go, I play the part of rock star, shameless with my c
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Amazing Stars!

If I could give this book ten stars I would! Gah! AM Madden rocks the stage with this highly anticipated read and it seriously, gave me ALL THE FEELS. Trey Taylor has been through more heartache and pain in his thirty-three years than most people go through in an entire lifetime. In the last installment, we find Trey hitting rock bottom after losing his wife Tara. Now, just when he is finally getting back to a good place in his life, he’s hit with news that rocks him to his core,
Jessica Fay
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know how she does it, but A.M Madden did it again!

I was very excited to dive into the Lairs again! To see the “old gang” back together again is one of my favorite ways to spend my days.
I was fully prepared to be on one of Madden’s roller coasters! Especially since poor Trey has faced more heartache than anyone should ever in their lifetime, but was surprised to find that this was such a heart gripping storyline. I could not put this book down!!

I think this may be my favorite of the La
Becky Rendon
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Trey, you gorgeous hunk of brooding man, I can't possibly be happier for you. It seems A.M. Madden had a reason for all our pain and suffering in Sold Out. (While you don't have to read The Back Up Series to love and appreciate Trey, I suggest you do. It provides more detail. More chances to love and even more terrible jokes!)

Trey gets his HEA finally! To say I was upset about the course of his most recent years would be putting it mildly. However, even I can see that it was worth the pain. Trey
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• See Her (Turn it Up, #1)
  • Endless: Ty & Zoey (Less Than Zero, #1)
  • Dirty Rock (Gods of Rock, #2)
  • Melody & Styx (Rockstar #9.5)
  • Limitless: Jace & Alex (Less Than Zero, #2)
  • The Wedding (Cruise Control, #2)
  • Still Her (Turn it Up, #2)
  • Finding Zen (Shadow Phoenix #1)
  • Dirty Rocker
  • Strike a Chord (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll #4)
  • Ghost Note (Gods of Rock, #3)
  • Saving Maddox (Shadow Phoenix #3)
  • The Album (Cruise Control, #1)
  • Storm
  • Love Song (LA Rock Star Romance #2)
  • One Last Verse (The Encore, #2)
  • Fractured Hearts (Fractured Rock Star #1)
A USA Today bestselling, award-winning author, A. M. Madden is also a Jersey girl whose addiction to romance started at twelve after reading Judy Blume’s Forever.

As a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic, she truly believes that true love knows no bounds.

In her books, she aspires to write fun, sexy, realistic love stories that will stay with you long after you turn the last page. She creates realisti

Lair (3 books)