Start by marking “One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)

One Christmas Eve

(Cedar Street #2)

They couldnt be more different. Or more perfect for each other.

New York Times bestselling author Shannon Stacey returns with a warm and cozy opposites-attract Christmas story.

Zoe Randall is busy living her life as she damn well pleases. Shes back in her favorite town, her divorce in her rearview mirror, and living out her childhood dream of running a bookstore with her
ebook
Published November 11th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about One Christmas Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Christmas Eve

Start your review of One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Disapproval. Zoe knew that look. Shed divorced the man shed thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with a man whod claimed to love and cherish her because of that look, so she wasnt about to accept it from a total stranger. Arching one eyebrow, she gave him her best bitch face. And not the resting kind, either. Hers was a fully active bitch face.

Just... be neighborly. Oh, should I run home and bake him a pie first? Ive had your pie and Im going to vote no.

My Review:
Melanie
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Christmas Eve was a phenomenal read featuring a delightful opposites attract romance set during the holidays.

Zoe Randalls life is finally back on track. Her divorce is behind her and shes living out her dream of running a bookstore with her cousin. The only bump in the road is the rule follower next door who complained about one of the stores sexier window displays. Preston Wheeler may have been hoping for a quiet place to set up his business, but with Zoe next door and unable to stop
Andrea
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
I don't often read contemporary romance these days, but I'll always make an exception for Shannon Stacey. Her books are always good, feature nice people, and are low on drama.

This was no exception. It was a cute holiday story about two people who have been hurt and in the past and are cautious as a result of it. But Preston has a hard time resisting the whirlwind next door who pushes all his buttons, and Zoe loves teasing him out of his somber moods. They're a perfect match, and just adorable to
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
Well, this was simply adorable.

I am always a little bit tickled when an author can make me fall in love with a novella. I often find them too short, the pacing rushed, and I struggle to find the connection between the characters. Not so here. This is a short read, for sure, but I had no trouble sinking into the sweet, sexy, utterly adorable connection between Zoe and Preston.

I particularly adored the quirky, fun way they found to communicate with each other. This is an opposites-attract love
Mara
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned, arc
3.5 stars-- I'm such a sucker for a Shannon Stacey Christmas novella, and this one does not disappoint. I do think the ending felt a little rushed, so I wouldn't put it at the top tier of her holiday romances, but the characters are very charming, their "hate to love" (really disdain to love) dynamic was very cute, and I overall enjoyed the holiday vibes and comfort aspect of this kind of book.
Asheley
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Zoe and Preston are total opposites who happen to work next door to one another. When Preston starts complaining about the window decoration in Zoe's bookstore, she decides to push his buttons a little bit about how lame his complaints are.

The tension in this story is great. Both Zoe and Preston have been hurt in the past and are reluctant to open up their hearts, but the pull is just too strong. I love their fun conversations with one another and I love the way their communication
Rochelle
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Book 2 of the Cedar Street series and I loved this book. A quick, fun enemies to lovers book. Zoe and Preston were so good together. The attraction and chemistry between them was so hot. They both had issues in their past relationships that caused them to be leery about starting a new relationship with anyone. This book had me laughing, swooning and tearing up. Very good characters and a very good storyline. Ms. Stacey didnt disappoint with this story. Loved it.

I received an ARC of this book
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I have to admit that I really like One Christmas Eve better than One Summer Weekend. I'm not sure why. Both are very well written with characters I really enjoy. In fact, I enjoyed both stories, but holiday romances are my jam!

This one started off with a bang. I love how Preston had his nose up in the air about the way the book decorated their windows. I'm use to the women in my books kinda acting stuck up, it was
romancejunkie
Zoe Randall has recently come back to her favorite town after some stressful times and is realizing her dream of running a bookstore who happens to be next door to Preston Walker business, and when they have a difference of opinion regarding her bookstore, this makes them start to challenge each other, but soon after when they really get to know each other things change and they begun to fall in love.
Cute and charming read.
I received an arc copy of this book from the publisher, all opinions
Christine (Queen of Books)
Thank you to Harlequin - Carina Press and NetGalley for an e-arc of this title for review.

One Christmas Eve was a sweet, happy, opposites attract novella.

I loved Zoe - post-divorce, she moved to a town she used to visit as a child to open a bookstore with her best friend/cousin. That's right: a female lead who loves books. Who's arguably brave and putting herself first. I could really empathize with the ways in which her divorce and moving forward were described; they felt true to life.

Then one
Tiffany
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐ rounded up
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second in the series, and I would say that you could read it as a standalone, although Noah and Carly from book 1 are important side characters here too.

Zoe has opened a bookstore with her cousin Carly - and she has a lot of fun doing cheeky window displays which have caused a little trouble with the local council! But she is standing firm, refusing to be cowed or made to feel small by anyone, ever again.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
One Christmas Eve by Shannon Stacey is book Two in the Cedar Street Series. This is the story of Preston Wheeler and Zoe Randall. I haven't yet read the previous book, so for me this was a standalone book. Zoe and her friend have opened a bookstore and starting a new chapter in her life.
Preston is Zoe's business neighbor and they start to have disagreements that leads to a spark of words but what really getting hot is their connection to each other.
Quick enjoyable Read.
Dísir
For a Christmas story (where has the year gone?!), this probably ticks all the boxes: festive, with the formulaic but well-paced story of a not-quite-enemies-to-lovers trope, and a HEA that follows after both protagonists resolve their own issues.

I've always liked Shannon Stacey's writing, but somehow I didn't exactly feel moved or get too deeply into both Preston and Zoe. The former is stoic and rather bland to be honest, as nice as he is while the latter seems to be uber-sassy and sensitive
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Zoe, owner of a bookstore, gets a lot of flack for their window displays. But her new neighbors reaction makes her extremely angry, it doesnt help he is hot. This starts a trend of displays and social media posts that are just meant to get Preston riled up. Instead it makes him like her more and more.

I quite enjoyed the interactions between these two. It was funny seeing them both attracted to the other but trying to remain distant. This was a cute holiday story that I enjoyed from the start.
b.andherbooks
A divorcee bookstore owner's saucy window displays irritate the buttoned up financial planner who just moved in to the office next door. That is until he learns that she just might be the perfect person to bring some color to his orderly life.

A lovely holiday novella with heart and steam, I loved watching the hero loosen up and also show the heroine she deserves to be heard, both in life and in bed.

Thank you to the publisher for the ARC!
Flo Grugel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yaassss!
This book jingled all my bells and ticked all my boxes. I just loved it all, the characters, the chemistry and the festiveness.
Fabulous five stars!
Lindsey (Bring My Books)
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, novella
Perfectly lovely holiday novella! I loved the first book in this series, One Summer Weekend, and this was a wonderful follow up. There was a lot of zing between the two MCs, and the back and forth banter was super fun and totally relatable - the parts about Instagram and bookstores especially!

Definitely recommend both this and it's prequel - they would make perfect cozy weekend reads for any time of the year!
Dilushani Jayalath
Kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest reveiw

A cute short Christmas novella to put you in the Christmas spirit. I almost want to run upstairs and get my Christmas decorations and start an early decoration strife. Well considering it was a novella and as I've mentioned before, it was cute and soon to the point. Don't expect long arguments and misunderstandings, it is a quick fall in love type of romance but sweet nonetheless.
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A couple who flirts via book exchanges and tabbed scenes?? Give me more! Are you looking for a sexy and fun opposites attract romance novella? Of course you are! Add in a small town, a heroine who owns a book shop, and a fun holiday season backdrop, you have this winner of a story from Shannon Stacey.

ONE CHRISTMAS EVE is a classic opposites-attract romance. Our hero is slightly stodgy but delightfully self-aware (aka, he knows hes kind of boring). But he makes up for it with a cute sense of
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

Super cute read!

Reading a holiday genre after the holidays has a certain nostalgia...and I enjoyed every second of it.

"He couldn't make sense of his attraction to Zoe Randall, but he could feel himself nearing the point he didn't care anymore. To hell with sense."

Having a business neighbor who may not agree with your choice of advertisement, especially a handsome planner of a man...not the way to start the holiday season, but Zoe isn't like other girls.

She's a blot of color on
Susan
Short, fun story about two people who have been hurt in the past, and who, in spite of their differences, turn out to be exactly what each other needs. Zoe moved to her favorite town after her divorce and opened a bookstore with her best friend. After years of suffering through her ex's attempts to stifle the more vibrant parts of her personality, Zoe refuses to bow down to anyone else's opinion ever again. This has gotten her into trouble with the town council on occasion when they object to ...more
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
This is how an opposites attract romance is done! Zoe and Preston were a really enjoyable couple to read about for so many reasons including, their initial dislike for each other was not overdone, they were very honest with themselves and each other about their feelings and the drama was very minimal.

One other thing: I loved that the characters' lived experiences had made them very upfront about what they would and would not tolerate in a relationship and they did not hesitate to express that.

Jill
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shannon Stacey always wins and her novellas are perfect. short but meaningful and holiday themed! loved zoe and preston and Carly and Noah showing up!
Robin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐

I received an arc copy of this from HARLEQUIN via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Summary
Zoe is living the her life unapologetically. After a traumatic failed marriage, she is back in the town she loves running the bookstore of her dreams with her cousin. But she wants nothing to do with the new uptight neighbor who complains about her sexy window display.
Preston knows he takes life too seriously. But he can't help but be drawn to the woman who owns the bookstore next door. As he
Cathy

This wasn't as fun as the first one. It had the bones of a good story, but everything goes SO fast (because novella) that it was hard to suspend my disbelief.

I liked elements of this a lot, but on the whole it needed more time to develop.
JenniferJ
Loved it! Wasn't liking snooty Preston very much as the story opened but didn't take me long to warm up to him. Both Zoe and Preston have had some bad relationships and are scared to open up to each other and instead quibble and pass messages via books which is another thing I loved along with Zoe running a bookstore! I love love love stories with bookstores or libraries in them! When they did put their baggage to the side things heated up and this pair sizzled together!

*I was given a free copy
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Preston and Zoe start out on the wrong foot when he makes some disapproving remarks about the sexy Halloween display in her bookstore window. Because of emotional damage from her ex, Zoe immediately takes a dislike to Preston, but when he comes bearing an olive branch, the pair discovers they may have more in common than the mutual sparks growing between them.

One Christmas Eve is a wonderful holiday romance novella. Seriously - ALL. THE. FEELS. Zoe and Preston both carry baggage, and while it
Starr
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-2020-read
I was given a digital copy of this title, free, in exchange for my honest opinion.
This was a really short read, and the perfect novella to pick up on Thanksgiving. Things happen kind of fast (but it would have to since it's a little over a hundred pages). The zing between Zoe and Preston are there from the start, but it takes them a while to get on the same page. But boy! When they do they set the pages on fire!!! They both have to overcome the doubt put in place by exes long gone. There is
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
I really liked this sweet holiday story. Preston is an estate planner and Zoe owns the bookstore next to his office. They get off to a bit of a rocky start, but that means they are always thinking of each other, and their attraction turns from slow burn to a flame after a kiss. While they may be opposites, I thought they really worked well together, and Preston isn't really quite as "boring" as he thinks he is.

There's a really cute bit with Zoe and Preston communicating via books they share with
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
  • Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Mermaid Inn
  • Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire, #2)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Dachshund Through the Snow (The Dogmothers, #2.5)
  • Christmas Inn Love (Silver Bell Falls #5)
  • Stealing Kisses in the Snow (Rendezvous Falls, #2)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • A Very Dare Christmas (Dare to Love, #6.5)
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when shes not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV. ...more

Cedar Street (2 books)
  • One Summer Weekend (Cedar Street, #1)

News & Interviews