Start by marking “Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)” as Want to Read:
Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)

Candy Hearts

(So Over the Holidays #2)

Mechanic Benji Holiday is so over Valentine’s Day and men who don’t get him. A weekend getaway with friends to escape the holiday hubbub is exactly what he needs. But William O’Dare—a stern and silent nightclub owner with “Be My Valentine” practically stamped on his forehead—throws a wrench into Benji’s plans.

William has spent years focused on his career, and it has cost
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 209 pages
Published February 3rd 2020 by Erin McLellan

To ask other readers questions about Candy Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Candy Hearts

Start your review of Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
Judith
On hold.

Never a good sign when a book’s been on your ‘currently reading’ shelf and you’re just not interested in going back to it.

(I’m a bit grumpy atm-nothing is doing much for me)
Cadiva
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
That was very cute.

I liked the humour, the incredibly sexy encounters, the emotional highs and lows and the friendship bonds between a group of disparate characters who've occasionally lost their way in recent years.

The fake Valentine's angle was fun, the close proximity plotline worked well to advance the narrative and I loved the way both Benji and William got over their fears together.

It was short but still managed to feel like a complete story.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*2.5 stars*

I don't know what it is about this series, but I am not digging them, though I would think they would be right up my alley.

Who doesn't love a good opposites attract story, plus lingerie?! I SHOULD have loved this, but, alas, it was a bit slow and hard for me to get through.

I thought the fake Valentine's thing was cute, and I enjoyed the sex positive message, but I thought the romance got a bit lost with all of the side characters. It started off strong and then got muddled part way
michaela ⚘
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, hot, arc, holiday-rm, 2020
Benji is over Valentine’s Day and is content to just let it pass on by but an invite from his sister to be it with some friends may be exactly what he needs. What he doesn’t expect is William -- a silent, stern workaholic who may just be everything Benji is looking for. But, is Benji what William is looking for?

Everything about Candy Hearts was scorching hot. The chemistry between the two MCs outside and inside the bedroom was another level of steamy -- especially when the satin, lace and sexy
Lily
DNF 69%. I got bored. I wasn't really into the man-lingerie or armpit sex. Both William and Benji seemed like interesting characters, but the plot was getting kind of boring for me. Maybe I'll pick up on this one day, but I'm really dying to move on to more interesting books.
b.andherbooks
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Erin McLellan keeps delighting me with these queer holiday romance novellas. Candy Hearts is perfect for those who maybe kind of hate to love Valentine's Day but would absolutely embrace it with their own sexy "fake Valentine" like Benji and William. I loved the stuck together in a power outage situation that brought our two lovers together, as well as the found family celebration. Benji's love of lingerie is also very endearing and used to great sexy effect.

I learned a new sex move term and
Jess Gabriel
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. These characters were so well developed, especially for a novella. I loved that Benji was a large, muscled man (not a twink) that secretly loved lingerie. It really added another layer of sexiness to the story. The author really went for it with the sex (Thank you, Erin!) and these guys had INSANE chemistry. Most of all, the intimacy and tenderness that they found in each other within the snark and banter was just perfect.

This definitely goes right on my re-readable shelf.
Joyfully Jay
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

First off, let’s be clear. There is a whole lot of sex in this story. I’m going to go with “sex romp” to describe it. The guys spend a lot of time in bed sexing it up, including playing with toys and enjoying Benji’s sexy lingerie. So expect a lot of heat and intensity, but with a nice, playful side.

What I think makes this story work so well, however, is that there is more to it than just the heat. We have William, a man who is successful but lonely, and who is
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020
Fasten your seatbelts and let Benji’s charms pull you in. His sweet candy smell and unfiltered mouth.

A party to escape all Valentine's fuss, that's where Benji was going, he ended up in a big dark house with a sweet man.
William is, at first sight, a bit of a grumpy professor, buried in paperwork and books. Owner of more than one nightclub, he is a rich and busy man.
But when he becomes enthralled by Benji, a mechanic, and when he gets to know what Benji has under his clothes, William is very
Roberta Blablanski
Hot guys in lacy underthings is my kryptonite, and Candy Hearts slayed me.

Benji is a buff mechanic who likes to wear delicate lingerie. William is uptight and career-focused.

These two are HOTT together once William warms up to Benji. After that, it's fire everywhere. Which is a good thing because they are stuck without power in the middle of winter. The ways they find to stay warm and cozy will make you sweat.

I also enjoyed the cast of friends (including Sasha, Benji's sister, from Stocking
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: So Over the Holidays #2
Rating: 4 stars - it was enjoyable

One Sentence Summary: Benji Holiday is done with changing himself for the men he dates, so when William O’Dare accepts every part of Benji, he worries it's too perfect to be true.

Candy Hearts was a really cute story about two people who have struggled with the relationships in their life, both friends and lovers. Enjoying a weekend as secret Valentine's is what each of them are looking for but neither expects it to become more.
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 STARS! Quick and dirty V-Day fun. Lingerie, candy, toys, and stormed-in? Yes, please!
Erika
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author and publisher for granting me a complimentary copy via A Novel Take for an honest review.

I love the concept of this series. With all the couples around, who isn't so over these holidays that make a person who's single feel inadequate?

Benji is a real mixture of contrasts. I liked that he was a big strong fully capable mechanic, but had a softer side. William, with his workaholic tendencies is also adorable in his insecurities about being in the dating world again.

I really
Loved this one! Full review to come.

I received an e-ARC of Candy Hearts by Erin McLellan in exchange for an honest review.

I read the first book in this series, Stocking Stuffers, and loved it so I was super excited for the chance to review this book. I have been in a bit of a reading slump and haven’t been able to handle more than quick novellas. This hot, sexy novella was just what I needed.

This is the story of Benji, the young mechanic with a love for lingerie, and William, the older
Nadine Bookaholic
This was a HOT quick read that I devoured in one afternoon! I Loved Benji and his love for lacy, silky, sexy undergarments as well as sex toys, and he was the perfect opposite of William which made things so interesting. William is a total workaholic and he's finally realized that he's at a place in his life where he feels comfortable enough to step back a bit from his business and start dating, what he doesn't expect is for the perfect person to knock on his door during a power outage.

Read my
Jessica Alcazar
I've had a MONDAY so I'm gonna tell you guys about this book tomorrow but go #oneclick now if you like ;)

Clearly, I am enthusiastic about this story LOL It’s not the next Great American Novel but it’s not supposed to be. It is exactly what it is supposed to be. A little escape for a reader. It’s not unrealistic but it is definitely fiction LOL I loved the cuteness that surrounded the story at all time. It is 100% sexually driven and *fans self* I enjoyed that very very much! And believe it or
Michaelene
I highlighted the holy heck out of this freaking amazing book.

Eloquent, I know, but damn. Erin McLellan's Candy Hearts sent me into a sugar high with how much I loved it! My recommendation? Read it.

I can be more than one thing.

Benji never receives the call that the V-Day party has been postponed, so he finds himself standing in front of a stranger's house greeting the hot as hell, bespectacled, older man of the house in question with no electricity, Benji's lack of filter, and a hot and heavy
Jenn (not Lily)
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Very fun, with some great sexy times and also a little bit of heartwarming tenderness. I'll be putting the first of the series onto my TBR and looking forward to book three this summer!
Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

Loved this one so much! It's freaking adorable and will just make you happy. The way this romance developed over basically a weekend was actually believable and works. It doesn't feel rushed or shallow. There's still depth in the connection forged. The circle of friends was fun. I normally am not a "Grand Gesture" person, but I think this one is respectable because it's kind of more about self celebration and Benji owning and being okay with who he is
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Full disclosure time…I signed up to read this book because I wanted a light, fluffy, sexy read after reading something heavy. I’ve never read anything by this author, so I went in a bit blind but figured I was safe with a novella. I didn’t read book one for a couple of reasons: 1) I only read MF books from trusted authors and 2) I’ve had bad luck with stories involving characters who sell sex toys. After reading this book, I’m considering going back to read it as well as the next book when it ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series, and whilst you could read it as a standalone, Stocking Stuffers is a lot of fun and introduces us to Benji's sister Sasha. We get to meet her and Perry again here, which is fun.

There is a lot of fun, sex and some home truths being dished out in the anti-Valentine's party weekend. William has finally stood back from his workaholic life to host the weekend with his dearest friends,
Leigh Kramer
This was such a fun Valentine’s Day novella! There’s a great found family element with a group of friends who gather for a house party every Valentine’s Day. This time around, Benji’s sister invites him to attend, only she forgets to let him know about a power outage that means everyone else is arriving a day later. Cue awkward meet-cute when he arrives at William’s house and no one else is there!

I adored these two together. William is a great buttoned up hero who has been so consumed with
ButtonsMom2003
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
Sweet but oh so hot!

Candy Hearts is the first book I've read by Erin McLellan and what a great introduction to her writing. This book was all kinds of steamy, sexy, hot and yet really sweet. Both Benji and William have confidence problems and neither of them is really looking for a relationship.

Benji is a really great character (so is William) and I love all of his quirks and how unapologetic he is about what he likes. While he's kept his love of naughty lingerie mostly to himself, he opens up
Ivy
Benji is over with dating guys. Despite his “manly” job as a mechanic, despite his size as a big guy, Benji is a romantic at heart, and romance doesn’t like him, so Benji decides to quit love. He agrees to join his sisters and their friends for a holiday escape in the cabin of a friend of them William.
Candy Heart by Erin McLellan is my first book by this author. I loved it, I really loved it.
Benji is a big guy with a “manly” job who inside is a real sweetheart. Benji also has little secrets,
Apolishedreader
This was a cute, short read. I wouldn't say it was particularly fast considering it took me several days to finish it (which I can't really explain). Book 2, but definitely stands alone.
My candy heart inspired nail art is here.

I felt McLellan did a fine job with giving these two guys room to explore and grow. Though things happen in a short period of time, the forced proximity allows them the opportunity to immerse themselves in each other. They are new to each other and that also gives them the
Athira
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, fantastic
Fake valentines. Secret kinky fake valentines! I had a lot of fun reading Candy Hearts. Benji and William are both men with a stretch of bad relationships. Benji is tired of faking, and so done with pretending to be someone else for the sake of his boyfriends. But with William he doesn't have to. William accepts him.

William and Benji are smoking hot together. And the chemistry is off the charts. Benji is so amazing! A big strong mechanic who loves lingerie? A study in contrast! William and Benji
Javi reads and reads and reads
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, lgbt, read-2020
Very nice and fun read!

Benji is an adventurous 20-something who has had his heart broken one time too many. He’s always dating with guys who don’t really get him or who want to change his personality. Being single on Valentine’s day is the cherry on top, that’s why his sister decides to invite him to his friends’ weekend party in a far away lake.

What he never expected was meeting William, a 35 year old man who has always been very work oriented and who has realized that he has no social life,
Badh
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Benji is just delightful. I mean, what else are you going to call someone who brings lingerie and sex toys to an anti-Valentine's Day weekend? He's absolutely ready for anything that's going to happen. Not that he really expects anything to happen, except maybe using the stuff all by his lonesome. Oh, and don't forget the candy. There's also candy.

William has been seriously busy, and has ignored his friends until now, when he's decided he needs to have a life. So, all his friends are coming to
Anabela.M.
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lake house, a group of friends, and an invitation to a V-Day Sucks Weekend Party, which Benji, utterly disillusioned by love, gladly accepted. Only, once arrived at said lake house, to find it completely in the dark with none of the other guests, just the gruff, stern and just Benji's type owner. So, with William equally attracted to Benji, all by themselves in a scarcely illuminated house, what are the two men supposed to do to pass the time? Well, why not pretend to be fake valentines? All ...more
Victoria (Eve's Alexandria)
An extremely sweet treat of a novella, wherein an overworked buttoned-up business man makes a ‘fake Valentines deal’ with a lingerie wearing mechanic. It’s got realistic low-burn angst; the sex is hot as hell and does stellar character work in the story; and the supporting cast of friends is really well played. It’s on the erotic end of the spectrum, and deliciously tropey in a way that actually made me laugh out loud several times.

It’s one of a series of ‘holiday-themed’ novellas from Erin
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Snow Way Out (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #7)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • May the Best Man Win
  • Snowflake Kisses (Snowed In - Valentine’s Inc. #6)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Stay Lucky
  • Snow Regrets (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #3)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Finding Finley
  • Snow Job (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #5)
  • Socks for an Otter
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Mr. Right Now
Erin McLellan is the author of several contemporary romances, all of which have characters who are complex, goodhearted, and a little quirky. She likes her stories to have a sexy spark and a happily ever after. Originally from Oklahoma, she currently lives in Alaska and spends her time dreaming up love stories set in the Great Plains. She is a lover of chocolate, college sports, antiquing, Dr ...more

So Over the Holidays (2 books)
  • Stocking Stuffers (So Over The Holidays, #1)
“I think your house is haunted. By sex fairies. Or horny little cupids. There’s no reason it should be this good.” 0 likes