Start by marking “Coming Home from Breast Cancerville” as Want to Read:
Coming Home from Breast Cancerville

Coming Home from Breast Cancerville

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Coming Home from Breast Cancerville is the story of how Liz and her family navigated the potholes and obstacles, ultimately finding the strength to create a new home with purpose and meaning on Survivor Highway. A must-read for anyone who wants to know what surviving actually looks like.
Published July 2019 by Sbd Consulting Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home from Breast Cancerville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home from Breast Cancerville

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Coming Home from Breast Cancerville
Tonia
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must-read for anyone who has experienced breast cancer or knows someone who has. On the one hand it's an easy read, Liz's writing is engaging and at times laugh-out-loud funny, on the other, it's a difficult read. A lesson for me was that empathy comes at a price (I now know stuff about cancer I kind of wish I didn't). Liz is brutally honest about the impact breast cancer has had on her life and the lives of her husband and three girls.

Using her childhood road trips with parents
Bill
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cover to cover read.

An excellent book that weaves love & humour through the brutal experiences of cancer treatment and its ongoing aftermath. There is a warmth here that lets the reader digest frank accounts of cancer's impacts on all aspects of life: the body and soul, the family, the home, the house, friends, and yes, on the budget.

Coming Home from Breast Cancerville is a great help in understanding the effects of this terrible journey on the person and the family - and how to provide the a
Jacqueline
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who has experienced cancer, or has had a family member, friend or colleague experience cancer, this book is a must read!

Several times I laughed out loud whilst reading Liz’s book. But equally at times, I wanted to cry. Liz does not hold back on shining a spotlight on the harsh realities of what ‘behind the scenes’ living with cancer can mean.

Liz has a warm writing style that captures and engages the reader throughout. You’ll want to finish the book in one sitting!

I only wish I’d rea
Shirley Benn
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2019
Noreen Audley
marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2019
Gay Cook
marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2019

• The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2)
  • Challenging Learning Through Feedback: How to Get the Type, Tone and Quality of Feedback Right Every Time (Challenging Learning Series)
  • Good Girl, Bad Girl (Cyrus Haven, #1)
  • Soulfire (The Soulfire Chronicles, #1)
  • Allegra in Three Parts
  • Nothing Ventured
  • Young Dark Emu
  • Spin the Golden Light Bulb
  • Maiden Voyage (Promised Land Tales, #2)
  • Loyal Creatures