Start by marking “The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt, #1)

The Girls in the Snow

(Nikki Hunt #1)

In the remote forests of Stillwater, Minnesota, you can scream for days and no one will hear you. So when the bodies of two fifteen-year-old girls are discovered frozen in the snow, Special Agent Nikki Hunt is sure the killer is local: someone knew where to hide them and thought they'd never be found.

Home for the first time in twenty years, Nikki sees that the whole town h
Published October 19th 2020 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Girls in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girls in the Snow

Start your review of The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt, #1)
Debra
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I have a new series to sink my eyes (teeth) into! If you love a good mystery, an intriguing plot and strong female protagonist, this book (series) may be for you as well!

Nikki Hunt has come home to Stillwater, Minnesota after twenty years. She left after her parents were murdered and has returned to investigate a case where two fifteen-year-old girls were discovered frozen in the snow. Now a Special Agent/FBI profiler, she throws herself into solving their case while being me with protestors who
Pat
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nikki Hunt (née Walsh) is an FBI profiler heading up a new Behavioural Analysis Unit that covers Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. She returns to her hometown of Stillwater, Minnesota, after nearly 20 years to investigate the deaths of two teenage girls found frozen in the snow. While, at first glance, the scene bears some similarities to a series of deaths she has been investigating attributed to the killer dubbed Mr Frost, Nikki knows immediately a different killer is at work here. Neverthele ...more
Christina
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Girls in the Snow is a well-written, well-researched police procedural featuring a strong female protagonist, profiler Nikki Hunt, who is on the trail of a serial killer. After new bodies are found, Nikki believes someone else may be behind the killings. Could the murderer be tied to a tragic event in Nikki’s own past?

Though this book was well-written and well-executed, it’s a premise I’ve read so many times already: damaged female profiler still trying to solve a terrible trauma in her chil
Jean
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Since reading and greatly disliking two very popular books with “Girl” in the title, I’ve mostly made it a point to avoid any books including that word in the inscription. However, Stacy Green is the author of The Girls in the Snow, so I decided to make an exception. That proved to be a wise choice. As a fan of Ms. Green’s earlier series, I looked forward to the premier of the Nikki Hunt series, which promised to be “unputdownable.” Is it? Oh, yes!

The book is set on the scenic St. Croix River ci
Brenda
Twenty years after her parents were murdered, with her sixteen-year-old self finding their bodies, Nikki Hunt was a Special Agent for the FBI. She had never returned to Stillwater, Minnesota, the hometown she’d left as soon as she was able. Now, with two teenagers’ bodies having been found frozen in the snow, Nikki had been called on to help find the killer. The eeriness of her return wasn’t lost on her, and when she found the media bringing back her parent’s murders, Nikki was frustrated, deter ...more
Louise Wilson
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nikki Hunt #1

In the remote forests of Stillwater, Minnesota, you can scream for days and no one will hear you. So when the bodies of two fifteen year old girls are discovered frozen in the snow, Special Agent Nikki Hunt is sure the killer is local. The whole town had been looking for the missing best friends, Madison and Kaylee. When Nikki finds out who Madison's stepfather is, she wants to lead the case. She had once trusted John and he had stood by her when her parents were murdered when she w
Lou
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Girls in the Snow is the first instalment in the Nikki Hunt series, set in Stillwater, Minnesota. FBI Special Agent and criminal profiler Nikki Hunt has been chosen to head up a new Behavioural Analysis Unit (BAU) that deals with crimes in the jurisdictions of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Nikki is returning to her hometown of Stillwater, after nearly 20 years, to investigate the murders of two teenage girls, 15-years-olds Madison and Kaylee, discovered frozen solid in a snow-blanketed ...more
Louise Wilson
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vanessa Menezes
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
In the remote forests of Stillwater, Minnesota, the bodies of two fifteen-year-old girls, Madison and Kaylee, are discovered frozen in the snow.

Special Agent Nikki Hunt is invited back to her hometown to investigate and she is sure the killer is local: someone knew where to hide them and thought they'd never be found.

Home for the first time in twenty years, she also is faced with the demons of her disturbed past. She was just sixteen when her parents were murdered. She identified and helped conv
Abookishchick
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to start this review by saying I literally couldn’t put this down when I first started reading, I kept me hooked on the story till the very end. I have to say this is my first book by this author and it certainly won’t be the last.

The authors writing style really caught my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat, I never had a clue on who the killer was. I really enjoyed how she described the characters and found her writing style easy to follow.

The girls in the show it’s told fro
Anne OK
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
A well-written and well-developed first installment introducing a new series from a new-to-me author, Stacy Green. Nikki Hunt is a strong and intelligent female protagonist who is a FBI profiler (Behavioral Analysis) as the heroine. In a suspense-driven plot where past and present collide, it is told from Nikki Hunt's point of view as she returns after twenty years to Stillwater, Minnesota where the frozen bodies of two young girls have been found in the snow.

An entertaining secondary cast that
Miki Mackennedy
After finding her parents murdered in their beds as a teen, Nikki Hunt goes on to forge a career in the FBI, leaving sleepy Stillwater Minnesota behind her. While on the hunt for the serial killer dubbed Mr. Frost, Nikki is called home after 20 years when 2 teenage girls turn up dead, frozen in the snow just like Mr. Frosts other victims.

Nikki quickly figures out that this is not the work of Mr. Frost but decides to stay on the case, even though the man who killed Nikki’s parents has his case up
Kelsie Maxwell
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
The Girls in the Snow is book one in Stacy Green’s Nikki Hunt series.

After twenty years, FBI Special Agent Nikki Hunt has returned to the hometown she left after a traumatic crime. She has returned to investigate the murder of two young girls found in the snow in a remote area. Her past takes center place in her return and threatens to interfere in the investigation. Agent Hunt has to put the past and new complications out of her mind before they destroy her ability to be objective and find the
Elaine Tomasso
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of The Girls in the Snow, the first novel to feature FBI profiler Nikki Hunt.

Nikki is invited to Stillwater, Minnesota to investigate a case that the local police department thinks might be linked to a serial killer she is hunting. Two teenagers have been found frozen in a field but one look and Nikki knows it is not the work of her killer. Nevertheless she decides to stay on Stillwater, the place where her parents were murdered,
Mick Dubois
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: american-crime
When she was 16, Nikki Hunter snuck out of the house to go to a party. When she returned, she found her parents murdered. The murderer was a boy just a few years older who’s been in jail since. Nikki left Stillwater and is now a famous special agent with the FBI forever on the trail of an elusive serial killer, Frost.
When 2 16-year-old girls who disappeared a few months earlier, are found frozen in a cornfield in rural Minnesota the first thought is that they’re victims of Frost. Nikki is not t
Kat Dietrich
The Girls in the Snow by Stacy Green is the first in the FBI Agent Nikki Hunt series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Information:

Nikki Hunt discovered the bodies of her parents when she was a teenager.  Her ability to block out the memories of her parents murders has made her a good FBI Agent.  She remains remote and focused on her cases.
Rach
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Special Agent Nikki Hunt is back in Stillwater, Minnesota after two fifteen year old girls Madison and Kaylee are found frozen in the snow. The case has similarities to Frost murders which the FBI are investigating. While Nikki is investigating the case she also dealing with the apparent killer of her parents sixteen years ago appealing after new evidence comes a light regarding the case.. Nikki is dealing with her past and her current case at the same time.

This was a good start to a new series
Miki Mackennedy
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Monica Mac
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book took me a little bit to get into, but once it gripped me, it didn't let me go for the entire white-knuckled rollercoaster ride!

Nikki's parents were murdered when she was 16 years old and she hasn't been back to Stillwater since. However, she is now a FBI agent and there are two frozen girls who need her to come and lend her expertise to solving what happened to them. What follows is one heck of a twisty, turny story, involving the present and the past, until Nikki has no idea which way
Renita D'Silva
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a stunner of a book! An incredible start to an amazing series. I loved loved loved Nikki Hunt. What a wonderful protagonist! Tough and yet so very real. Loved her team. I could not put this book down. A heart pounding, enthralling, absorbing pageturner. I cannot wait for more from this author and more in this brilliant series.
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Crime thriller fans looking for a new series.
Recommended to Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog by: Bookouture
Shelves: 2020
The Girls in the Snow is the first book in the Nikki Hunt series and is one sensational read! Wow, this one just completely blew me away and I am so glad that we will have more books in the series to look forward too. If you are looking for a brand new series to sink your teeth into, then look no further, The Girls in the Snow is a must read!

There was no way that I was going to pass up the chance to read this book and with it’s chilling cover, just sets up the tone of book perfectly. This chilli
Brenda Feinen
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
Thank you, Netgalley. I received a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The book begins with Nikki at sixteen; her best friend has picked her up from a party - Nikki and her boyfriend had a rough fight. Nikki has been drinking and just wants to go home. Her front door is open. There is blood on the stairs. She finds her parents dead - viciously murdered. And then the stairs creak.
Twenty years later she returns to Stillwater - two young girls have been found murdered, froze
Shalini
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quite a fun thriller to sink my claws into. My first foray into the works of author Stacy Green, I loved how her main character Nikki Hunt pulled me into the story.

I was quite enamored by Nikki. There was a depth to her, completely molded by her past and conviction of her present. The author used broad strokes to etch her character. Using a fast pace to the underlying storyline and twisted plot lines, interest in her raised to a pitch.

A lone ranger in a police procedural in good, but it’s even b
Trisha
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bought-kindle
I see all these glowing reviews and I'm so jealous. I was not a fan of this one. I felt like the answer and the bad guy was literally beat over our heads. I didn't feel any mystery other than sorting it all out. I felt the conversations were choppy and the interviews felt full of Nikki's own emotions and opinions rather than letting someone else talk through an interview. I wish I'd loved this more but it was just, meh.
Book Him Danno
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacy Green brings a small town in Minnesota with a dark past that will have readers unable to put the story down. Nikki Hunt has a story that she doesn't want to keep telling and when a person is murdered in her hometown everything comes crashing in. She refuses to give into what people are expecting and demanding.
Nikki is a hard characters to to love but as the story progresses shows that she isn't cold but passionate about about what she knows is true.
While The Girls in the Snow is the first
peggy
Oct 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I was so looking forward to this thriller, but for me it did not deliver. A very busy read, two young girls are found trussed up and frozen. Are these the latest victims of a notorious serial killer called Frost. The main character Nikki Hunt was so annoying I just wanted to shake her and tell her to get on with her job. Too much time was spent on her love life and a cold case where she was the victim. For me the story was far from believable. Saying that I am sure other readers will enjoy it mo ...more
Kirsty Noah-whitlock
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Girls in the Snow
Author: Stacy Green
PUBLICATION DAY: October 19th 2020

Description:

Madison walked through the fallen snow, looking left and right. It had been Kaylee’s idea to use the trail through the forest; she said no one would follow them. But Madison lost sight of Kaylee for a moment and when she found her again she wasn’t alone…

Denise
Oct 20, 2020 rated it liked it
A solid start to a new series featuring FBI Special Agent Nicole (Nikki) Hunt. The story is fast, a bit repetitive with the slow reveal of the backstory, but an entertaining read. I look forward to continuing installments as I anticipate some changes in Nikki's professional and personal life subsequent to the conclusion of this one.

It's bitterly cold in Stillwell, Minnesota, when Nikki Hunt returns to her hometown to investigate the discovery of two murdered teenage girls found frozen in the sno
Nicola Short
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely a story full of intense twists and turns!
The Girls in the Snow is the first book in the new Nikki Hunt series. Nikki Hunt is a FBI profiler/agent that returns to her hometown of Stillwater, Minnesota to investigate the murder of two girls. A intriguing twist arises about her own parents murder when she was a teenager living in Stillwater.
The Girls in the Snow (Nikki Hunt Book 1) is a must read!
I am already anxious to read the next book in the series.
Stacy Green is a new author to me
Owl._.
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic! Everything about it worked - from the character development, to the plot, to the writing/dialogue - it just came together beautifully, I was hooked from page 1 and didn’t put it down until I was done. There were several different stories going on at once, but the author did a great job in interweaving them. Only one didn’t come to its conclusion and I can’t wait to see how it’s presented in the next installment.

There are very few mysteries I read that I don’t figure out
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Her Final Prayer (Detective Clara Jefferies #2)
  • One Left Alive (Detective Morgan Brookes #1)
  • Dead Woman Crossing (Detective Kimberley King Book 1)
  • Last Girls Alive (Detective Katie Scott Book 4)
  • Deadly Cry (DI Kim Stone #13)
  • Their Silent Graves
  • First Girl Gone (Charlotte Winters #1)
  • Little Bones
  • Dead Perfect
  • The Drowned Woman (Jericho and Wright, #2)
  • First Date
  • The Housewarming
  • The Innocent Girls (Detective Casey White, #2)
  • Five Little Words
  • My Sister's Husband
  • The Girl She Wanted
  • The Ex Boyfriend
  • The Silent Dolls (Detective Ellie Reeves #1)
Stacy Green is the author of the Lucy Kendall thriller series and the Delta Crossroads mystery trilogy. ALL GOOD DEEDS (Lucy Kendall #1) won a bronze medal for mystery and thriller at the 2015 IPPY Awards. TIN GOD (Delta Crossroads #1) was runner-up for best mystery/thriller at the 2013 Kindle Book Awards.

Stacy has a love of thrillers and crime fiction, and she is always looking for the next dark

Nikki Hunt (2 books)
  • One Perfect Grave (Nikki Hunt, #2)

News & Interviews