Start by marking “Fade In (Tales of Bryant Novellas #1)” as Want to Read:
Fade In (Tales of Bryant Novellas #1)

Fade In

(Tales of Bryant Novellas #1)

Will Devon and Caiden discover that their new love is a wrap after the filming ends?

Weddings, champagne, and slow dancing. It’s a lethal combination and one that has led film student Devon Maxwell into one awkward predicament. Brought in at the last minute to help his friends Isamu and Brian during their Bryant Park wedding, Devon was not prepared for Caiden Dell to sweep
Published January 22nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fade In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fade In

Start your review of Fade In (Tales of Bryant Novellas #1)
Cadiva
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full review tomorrow when I'm at the laptop.
Karen
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another incredibly sweet and sexy story in the "Tales of Bryant" series...

Have you ever wandered through a park...

or maybe some public gardens and wondered about the people you see there…Who are they? Where do they come from? Where are they going to? Why are they there? So many questions. In ‘Tales of Bryant’ Ms Locey creates stories that could easily play out in such a place…a place that really could be anywhere even around the corner from where you or I live, but in this case the park
Becca
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really do love this little series. Yeah, some might say it has that Pretty Woman feel. Actually, I think that was actually said in one of these stories. I think. But it’s sweet and fun. And it has that little bit of angst to make it just perfect. Because we all know, life isn’t all sunshine and roses.
For Devon, in fact, life has been downright crappy. From being kicked out because he was gay, to actually being homeless, and having to take a helping hand when he felt lower than low. He just
ButtonsMom2003
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
So hot, so emotional!

I've been in a bit of a reading slump the last several days; nothing I've read in the last week or so has really moved me emotionally. I love a book that can bring me to tears and V.L. Locey did that perfectly with Devon and Caiden's story. We met both of them in Nine Small Sips but I don't think you need to read that book to enjoy this one.

The blurb tells you what the story is about so take a look at it. I'm going to tell you that Devon and Caiden captured and held my
Annie Maus
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Like the entire Tales of Bryant series, Fade In is a sweet, lusty read in the “poor student and rich older guy” tradition. Since I don’t usually gravitate towards this trope, V.L. Locey’s ability to make me believe in the characters is doubly impressive.

Raised in middle class Kansas, film student Devon’s poverty stems from his parent’s rejection once they learned he was gay. He lives in a squalid room under a Korean restaurant, working part-time in a bakery. He might hate making brioche, except
Charlotte
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Devon and Caiden begin an "affair" with a night of passionate sex. But ... there are complications. Devon is a student with some emotional scars from his father's homophobia, and he doesn't want anyone to pave the way for him. Caiden knows that in the past he's fallen for men too quickly and he has an unwanted tattoo of an ex-husband's name on his arm to prove it.

So... they spend a night together and it's fantastic then they find themselves spending another and another. Devon is clear... he
Elle Kay
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart felt for Devon in previous stories in the series; rejected by his family, fiercely determined to finish his degree at CUNY and make his own way - he is a sweet kid from the corn belt that you can’t help but root for.

Enter Caiden, Isamu’s boss, who is gun-shy from a past experience loving too quickly but who also can’t help but care for Devon.

Luis is another fantastic character just waiting for his own story (hint, hint Ms. Lovey nudge nudge wink) who adds to the spectacular chosen
LeeAnn
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew the chemistry between Caiden and Devon would be intense. I knew the story would grab a hold of me and make me feel all kinds of things. The humor was terrific as was the hot scenes between Devon and Caiden.
The realness of what members of the LGBTQ community go through not only from ignorant strangers, but sadly sometimes their own family, was well documented in this story.
I simply love these two main characters. They both messed up, they both regretted and they both LOVED, which in the
Elle
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so love this series. It's sweet, with a lot of humour and so light hearted, which is just what the world needs at the moment. It's also funny, raunchy, and heartwarming…It was delightful to read Devon's story, one I seem to have waited an age for.

The characters as always in Ms Locey's books are colourful and fantastically described, so that you feel that you know them. The story will have you laughing out loud in parts and Devon's inner musings are so sweet and funny.

Whilst this book is very
Amy
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!! Caiden is a movie producer, money, connections. Meeting Devon, bringing him home with a wild night of sexy and fun, he never thought feelings would get in the way. Devon is from Kansas, thrown out by his parents and left on how own. Going to school, working, living in a crappy apartment, why would Caiden even want to go out with him?

Devon doesn’t want pity, charity, he can do this on his own. But really, when someone opens a door or doors for you, grab them and run
Melanie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-iKL

From that review:V.L. Locey's series, Tales of Bryant, is one of those that I wish could have concurrent stories running together. The author has managed to create such a splendid group of complex, layered characters, each so different from each other, then based their lovers also in opposite "worlds" before bringing the two together, hooked by a delicious confectionary of a
kathleen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love these two main characters. They are both perfectly imperfect for each other. Each has pain from their past and are hesitant to explore a relationship.
There is hotness, angst, laughter, affection and so much more throughout this story.
The secondary characters add so much depth to an already wonderful story.
This is a great spinoff from a series that I have loved. I'm looking forward to more!
Randall
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this third Tales of Bryant novella, Devon gets his own story. The full time film student/part time baker of brioche, whom we met briefly in the previous installments, hooks up with film producer Caiden at Isamu's wedding. He's not looking for love with a capital L, or to overly complicate his life, but tell that to his heart. This series is a favorite of mine, each installment like a brioche eaten in the park, pure pleasure in every way, over too soon and you are left wanting more.
Jackie Ziegler
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Devon and Caiden met at Isamu and Brian's wedding. Caiden is a film director and Devon is a student in film school who is now helping Caiden on his new film.. Along with that he is sleeping with him and falling in love as the days and nights go by. CAiden is leaving in 2 weeks to go to Arizona to film and Devon will be back at school. Is this really just a fling for Caiden and will Devon get his heart totally broken?
Heather Rawlins
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought Fade In was a sweet, quick, adorable romance. Devon and Caiden were cute and not great at communicating – at least at first. I liked their meet-cute from Nine Small Sips and the story moved swiftly into Fade In. They were hot, sexy and I love the age gap. It was very fast paced and fun to read. I would recommend this book.
Elaine Gray
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Caiden and Devon have great chemistry from start to finish in this book. There's romance, angst, some funny moments, very hot sexy times and all the characters are likable and the book is well-written. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Angel
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm
I was immediately drawn into this short story. Very well written... you can just feel all of Devon's insecurities. And, I thought the ending was perfect. Great read!
Carol
Christy Godfrey
Amanda D
MsS
Jan 08, 2020
V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, Dr. Who, Torchwood, belly laughs, yoga, reading and writing lusty tales, walking, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.)

She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, and a flock of assorted domestic fowl.

When not writing lusty tales, she can be found enjoying her day with her menagerie