Start by marking “Erynost and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Erynost and Other Stories

Daniel L. Summerbell

Erynost and Other Stories

Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Erynost and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erynost and Other Stories

Start your review of Erynost and Other Stories
Well Read Beard
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books
I enjoyed this fantasy book. The author sent me this book for review, us both knowing that it would probably be out of my wheelhouse and maybe not my cup of tea at all. The writing and characters were engaging. There were times that I felt lost, not knowing anything about the world or backstory that these stories were coming from. My understanding is that these are side narratives, possibly fan fiction if you will?, for a table top fantasy "Realms At War" game. Feel free to comment below, if I a ...more
Jakob Takanen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To me, Erynost and Other Stories is a beautifully written fantasy adventure which manages to expand on the already vast universe that is Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

Daniel manages to capture the atmosphere, struggle and triumph in the smaller scale - it's a beautifully written book which tells the story he and his co-players from Realms at War played out on the tabletop. And he manages to do so in a way that makes me regret not going to the event.

Introducing his style of writing, setting the mood
Toby Harvey
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable read. Summerbell simultaneously combines heartfelt family ties and the hard brutality of the Mortal Realms. His writing is very evocative of the Blck Library style, and will be enjoyable for both fans of Warhammer, and those of other fantasy as well. I look forward to seeing more work from him in the future.
Tom Harvey
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A magnificently disturbing fantasy anthology. Summerbell builds slowly, lulling you into a sense of security, then twists the knife of horror. You will never look at the woods the same way.
Daniel Butterworth
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Erynost is a wonderfully suspenseful and gripping woven narrative of engaging characters in a fantastical setting in the Age of Sigmar universe.
While I am unfamiliar with the nuances of the setting as a whole, I could enjoy this series of short stories, amidst the larger story of Erynost, without feeling as though I was missing any key elements.

I am still working my way through the 'main' Eyrnost story, but I can say that some pick out moments for me so far involve two brilliantly constructed
Richard Bowker
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading your Erynost book, came in very handy for passing the train journeys this week!

I quite enjoyed the stories, your main characters were engaging as was the central plot line, it flowed well from page to page too.

You almost tried to describe too much if I may, crossing 3/4 realms hehe

Great work tho, hopefully you will submit stuff to black library, this was far better that a lot of what they have published!
Toby Durr
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not only an enjoyable, character-driven collection of short stories, but a very good take on a tabletop wargaming event. Erynost takes you back to classic Warhammer fiction spun from 'battle reports', and is a necessary reminder that we can think more beyond our games than 'two armies meet across a field, they fight, one wins', and tells us where the aelves of Erynost came from, where they're going, and why. Aside from all that, it's written in an engaging, comfortable style by an author who put ...more
Scott Sproul
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want more! The stories have a way of pulling an emotional investment out of the reader like all great books do. Even though it is technically a collection of stories, the reader finds a connection between them all so it is easy to think of them as chapters.

Finally I must say that I particularly want more of Felusi and I hope that this book garners the attention of Games Workshop so that Daniel Summerbell's creation will live on in the lore permanently.
Nick Sheppard
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is much more than a few stories based on games at a Warhammer event. The stories link into a narrative thread and each setting is beautifully evoked. The writing is superb throughout. I have read a number of Black Library books and I enjoyed this more than most of them.
Ol
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic set of stories based on one of the most enjoyable Age of Sigmar narrative events that I have been to.

Opens up the every day ins and outs of the Mortal Realms in such a vivid light.

Hoping to get another set of stories at next year's event.

Declan Waters
marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2019
Cody Sexton
marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2019

• The Buried Giant
  • After the Fire (Maeve Kerrigan, #6)
  • A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3)

News & Interviews