Start by marking “The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy” as Want to Read:
The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy

The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy

Is one summer enough time to change everything?

Anna Wright is always on her best behavior — turning in homework assignments early, keeping her head down during disagreements, and living life vicariously through action movies.

Faced with the reality of her reputation as a lame, high school cliché, she decides now is the time for a change, so when hotshot basketball player J
Published September 3rd 2019 by Amazon (first published September 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy

Start your review of The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy
N.N. Light
Anna is tired of being the same old boring goody two shoes so after mulling over her life while eating a bowl of cereal, she vows to make some changes. She’s going to make a bucket list and when her brother’s best friend, Jeremy, walks into her kitchen, she decides to start by kissing him. She’s crushed on him for as long as she can remember, and she’s floored when he agrees to help her with her list but with more spontaneity. As the summer rolls on, she spends all her time with him. She makes i ...more
Kelly Fitzpatrick
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in 2 days because I both wanted to know the fate of the characters and because Jennifer is such a fantastic writer! There were times throughout this book that I wanted to jump through the pages and yell at Anna and there were times that I wanted to be Anna. This book made me feel nostalgic for my old high school sweetheart, I absolutely adored it.
Carrie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! I read it on vacation at the beach, and it was the perfect beach read. Only problem - I want more. Please write a sequel!!
Irma Khilji
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna is entering her junior year of highschool and is tired of being the old boring goody two shoes so after muling her life over while eating a midnight breakfast snack Anna decides she wants more but is not sure what more really is yet. Until she is caught checking out his brother's best friend and the guy she grew up with, Jeremy.
Anna craves experiencing life and her own feelings, and she decides to start by kissing Jeremy. But Anna's mind is a constant war zone.
Throughout the summer, Anna an
Christine
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grab a bowl of cereal and a fuzzy blanket and get ready to spend your fall weekend getting in the back to school grove with Jennifer Ann Shore's newest contemporary YA romance, The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy.

If you love teen romance and coming of age, you'll jump off the high dive boards for Anna and Jeremy's experimental summer together. Wait....that sounds kind of wrong. But it's so wrong in such a good way!

Anna wants to be that straight-edge girl who makes lists for her life yet she
Dominic
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! I’m a slow reader and sped through this. It was short, sweet, and to the point. It had just the right amount of angst that brought me right back to my high school days. It wasn’t trying to be anything it wasn’t and I really enjoyed the characters. Jess was my favorite and I hope the author gives her a spin-off! Please!
Jenn
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great YA book! Anna is your typical straight-edged teenage girl who all of a sudden wants to have a different kind of summer and makes a list for it too. In doing so, she sets off to have an extraordinary summer of self realization and a little romance with Jeremy, her brother's best friend and the neighbor who has always been there for her.

I liked how the depiction of Anna stayed true to how teenagers in these millennial days develop and grow. The lesson here is that it's okay to ta
Caitlyn Ainge
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book but I couldn’t. It’s disjointed and I felt like I couldn’t keep up with some of the abrupt changes both within a chapter and between chapters. It switches back and forth between two time periods - which is not in and of itself a bad thing - but it does so in a way that didn’t work for me. The protag was not likeable and I honestly couldn’t care less what happened to her. Jeremy was a better character but the author didn’t even flesh him out as much as she should ...more
Page Pest
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Amanda  Holt
I'm leaving this unrated because I'm still undecided on whether or not I liked it.

Let's start with what I liked.

I'll say that I like how the author wrote it - pacing, style (the way it went back and forth between two time periods) to let the story unravel.

Anna, I could relate to -- to an extent. She got a little pigheaded and stubborn which frustrated me the same way pigheaded and stubborn people tend to frustrate me. But there was one moment that especially irked me and I'll applaud the autho
Vedika Sheth
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

This book was so much fun to read. The characters, story, and execution was perfect in every way. I loved how their relationship grew as the story went on. I loved that both of them had flaws but learned how to admit to them. The heroine, while it did take a bit of time for me to warm up to, she was my favourite character at the end. She was no way perfect and understood when she made a mistake. I loved the hero. He was the perfect gentleman though could have understood the
Adria
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea of the plot line and I would have enjoyed it more, but I don' think it was executed properly. The book jumped throughout summer and fall haphazardly and didn't go into much detail in some parts. The biggest disappointment for me was the ending. I enjoyed reading the book, although I wish it was written a little differently, but when I got to the end, I felt it was rushed and didn't wrap up the book in the way that it should. It was a quick read and I would recommend it if you do ...more
Becky
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, giveaway-wins, ya
I really enjoyed this book and finished it in one sitting. It’s a good summer read. My only complaint is that I wish it was longer.

Thanks to Goodreads for selecting me as a giveaway winner for this book.
Ashley Lanzarotti
This kind of book reminds me of why I have unrealistic expectations about love

See above, it is heroin for the teenage girl heart. Cute and easy to read, would recommend. Not realistic but isn't that ideal for a romance
Donna
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and light but a little cliche at times. Still an enjoyable read.
Gillian
This book was a great sit down and read in one sitting. I enjoyed the characters and how it went back and forth between the summer and fall. It would make for a great beach read.
Emilie
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved jennifers writing and jeremy is CUTE
Alyn
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

I enjoyed the story. It had good pacing and likeable characters. I liked how the story jumped back and forth between Summer and Fall.
Sophie Marsden
Lily
Jen
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Summer romance, cereal and teenage angst, can you really ask for anything more?

The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy is my first read by Jennifer Anne Shore, and it for sure will not be my last! (she also wrote New Wave which I fully intend to read soon)

Anna is a super responsible teenager who always does the right thing. But she realizes that she needs/wants to change, so she decides to throw caution to the wind and convinces their (her and her brother's) childhood friend to start a fling wit
Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen
I received a review copy from the author through a Goodreads giveaway; all opinions are my own and honest.

DNF @ 18%.

The setup uses a lot of tropes I generally enjoy, but the execution isn't working for me. Some of it just doesn't make sense — for example, (view spoiler) — and some of it is just over-the-top cheesy. The characters didn't seem very developed beyond archetypes, so I couldn't reall
Juliette
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Jennifer Ann Shore! This book brought back all the memories of high school summer nights and being in love. Although I must say that these characters definitely had a spicier sex life than the average 16-year-old. I also appreciated that there was a supporting LGBT+ character — thank you, Ms. Shore, for further normalizing the community!
Loremil
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much! I don’t want to give spoilers, but I was reminded of that first few days of being with someone, being young, and all the fun with it.
Anne Carty
Erica G
Jul 28, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Never Always Sometimes
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés #3)
  • The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • Chase Jones is My Fake Boyfriend (Rumors and Lies at Evermore High #1)
  • Trey Carter is My Rebel Boyfriend (Rumors and Lies at Evermore High #2)
  • The Accidental Text
  • It Had to be Mason (Beachbreak High #1)
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Faking It (Fake Boyfriend Duet Book 1)
  • The Summer I Fell for My Best Friend (Legacy Inn #1)
  • Postcards for a Songbird
  • Dear Ava
  • The Art of Holding On
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Starry Eyes
  • Tomboy Crazy for My Brother's Best Friend (Tomboys Like Us Book 2)
  • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
Jennifer Ann Shore is the award-winning and bestselling author of several fiction books, including "Metallic Red," "The Stillness Before the Start," and "The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy."

In her decade of working in journalism, marketing, and book publishing, she has gained recognition for her work from companies such as Hearst and SIIA.

Be sure to visit her website (https://www.jenniferannsh