Start by marking “Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)

Getting Lei'd

(Escape #1)

Jilted by text message. Honeymooning with her grandma. The resort's bartender may look like Jason Momoa, but Roxy is NOT interested.

Being jilted nearly-at-the-altar by text message is not at all how prim and proper Roxy Rose thought her wedding day would go.

Getting dragged along anyway on her Hawaiian honeymoon by her self-centered sister and irreverent grandma is the
Published June 18th 2019 (first published June 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Getting Lei'd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Lei'd

Start your review of Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)
⚜️Trea
I really wanted to enjoy this, but it felt like too much telling rather than showing. It read as if we were reading an extended diary or journal entry rather than an actual plot. There was very little meaningful interaction between the main characters. I also found it unfathomable that Roxie wouldn't have been more torn up about her previous relationship ending. She wound up jumping into things with Kai awfully fast! It also was irksome that it seemed like half the plot was missing only to find ...more
Victoria
Jan 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Everything you read is being told to you as opposed to being showed. I was looking for a quick fluffy read and there were some steamy moments but the characters were poorly developed and the writing was hard to read through.
Coco.V
Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/18/2019)! ...more
Carmen Falcone
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this one! If you're looking for an amazing rom com, don't pass this one up :)
Stephanie Lasley
Outrageously Entertaining 5 Stars
It is Roxie’s wedding day and everyone is gathered at the church. Just before the ceremony is to begin, Roxie receives a text from the groom “I can’t do this. Lizzy and I R in love. Sorry.” Her first thought is…well that explains the absence of Lizzy from the wedding party. Suddenly, reality comes crashing down and Roxie realizes she has been dumped and left to face their family and friends alone. Feeling appalled, shocked and humiliated, Roxie finds herself at a
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.

Michele Winton
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful read. I live way down under in New Zealand and this was a perfect beach read.
Sheri Morell
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun romance
Stephenee
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

I try not to judge a book by it's cover, but this one looked so peaceful, relaxing and fun that I decided to forgo reading the back and just went all in, and I am so glad that I did!! I loved this book - it was a fun, flirty, light read that is perfect for summer, sunshine and romance.

The author did a remarkable job mixing in humor, fun and excitement for the reader, with just a tiny, tiny bit of mystery. The plot was fast moving and
Barbara Hackel
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bride gets jilted at the altar via text, and who rescues her? Her grandmother(Baggy) and sister (Ruthie)! What starts as an escape from the church and endless rounds of sympathy ends in an Hawaiian honeymoon for three. Somehow Roxy is stuffed into an economy class seat as Baggy and Ruthie glide to Hawaii in first class, thanks to a seemingly endless supply of one hundred dollar bills in Baggy's purse. Things continue in this vein-bride taking second to her take over companions-right through ...more
Read
This short book is a delight. You know, the kind of book that makes you feel gooey and get that funny feeling in your stomach with innocent love. The story starts with Roxy being jilted just before her wedding is to start by a text message from her fiancé saying that he is in love with her best friend. Her freewheeling Grandma and sister decide they should all go on what would have been her honeymoon. There Roxy meets and is immediately attracted to Kai, who seems to be a jack-of-all-trades at ...more
T.L. Zalecki
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I really, really loved this book. I normally don't read romance novels, but the cover/title drew me in. I read the description on Kindle Scout and was hooked by the excerpt. This book had me laughing and crying, and I read it at lightning speed because I simply could not put it down. I saw the whole thing play out on the big screen the whole time I was reading. I loved the Hawaiian setting, and the characters were so real and full of color that I was drawn into their emotions easily. ...more
M.R.
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bride dumped, a spirited grandmother, and loads of fun in the Hawaiian sun. Who wouldn't want to recover from being jilted at the altar in paradise? After some redirecting by her free-spirited grandmother and sister - who is a bit on the selfish side - Roxie gets a second chance at love. Filled with spunk and sweet romantic scenes, "Getting Lei'd" is a great summer read!

Lisa Weaver
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun-filled, literary joy ride of a novel! With a gorgeous setting, fabulously engaging characters, and a sparkling storyline heavy on humor, Ann Omasta has penned the perfect read for kicking back with on a summer day...or cozying up with months later. This romantic romp is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a glow in your heart
Freya Schalla
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads. I started reading this book last night and it is amazing! The style in which it is written is magnificent and the story is very poignant to modern day society. This is a book I will read again and again! I highly recommend this book!
Brandy Hunter
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book from the author for FREE for a honest review.

We all have those family members that go about by the beat of there on drum. A funny, sweet book. A good read, you will enjoy this book.
Nina Derr
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a fun beach read! The characters are all relatable and so likable. It was a super quick read and makes me want to go to Hawaii even more than I have before.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Romance Is Ageless

When was the last time you really laughed uncontrollably while reading a Romance. No, I mean a full belly laugh, snorting and all. Yeah, I couldn’t remember the last time either before I got caught up in Getting Lei’d. (And don’t judge a book by its title… that’s a different lei – the Hawaiian flower kind and a perfect play on words for this story.)

Roxy was all set to walk down the aisle, everyone was in place, nothing more to do but step out that door. Until the
Jacky
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
I both read the ebook and listened to the audiobook. I was kind of disappointed.

When reading the book, it seemed more like someone was reading you a book instead of engaging you in a story. I could see where the story could be really entertaining with the quirky grandmother, but I never felt that connection with the characters.

Roxie was dumped, at the altar, via text, and her best friend FROM GRADE SCHOOL was involved, but by the time she got to Hawaii, it seemed like she had forgotten about it.
Ohboy
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect summer read, transport to Hawaii and fall in love!

Roxy is left humiliated (but curiously not really broken hearted) when her fiancé texts her (while she’s in her dress, at the church), that he’s not coming because he’s now in love with her best friend. Her sister, Ruthie and Grandmother, Baggy decide that the accountant (responsible, reliable, logical) in Roxy needs to be left behind, while they steal the fiancé’s car, drive to Atlanta and fly to Hawaii on her honeymoon with her. The
Linda
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance strikes in tropical paradise: what a honeymoon!

I enjoyed it it one sitting! Heroine Roxy has a unique honeymoon holiday accompanied by her sister Ruthie and her grandmother! Grandma Baggy is a hoot and ratchets up the humorous side of this story of finding that what goes oh, so wrong may actually be oh, so fantastically right.

This is a quick, easy read with a beautiful setting, likable characters (oh, Gary, thank goodness you never actually show your face!) and a group HEA. Fun,
Tracey Tranter
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is a fun, easy summer novel that fans of romantic comedy will surely enjoy.

Some great, quirky characters add to the story.

The setting for the story is gorgeous with fabulously, quirky, engaging characters, and a sparkling storyline with lots of humour,

This is a great romance guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
WildAboutBones
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, hilarious read. Had me giggling from the very start.

The Grandma Baggy character is a hoot; I just love her.

There is not a lot of detail to the story, but who cares? This is a lighthearted, hysterical romp around a Hawaiian island. Throw logic out the door and get lei'd.

Written in first person present tense, which is, in my opinion, the absolute worst for romance.

I was given a copy of this book by the Kindle Scout program.
Marissa
Kindle Copy for Review

Jilted in a text message and then going on your Hawaii honeymoon with your grandma and sister. Not the perfect wedding one hopes for. So meeting an extremely handsome man is not what you want when you are off men at the whole for Roxy Rose.

Humorous read in a sunny atmosphere with hijacks along the way. Things continue to go wrong with misunderstandings. A light and amusing romance with outrageous behavior.
Sharon meier
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.. Roxy got left at the alter, and her family decided she should go ahead and take her honeymoon anyway. Time to start living a more carefree life. She meets a gorgeous Hawaiian guy, her sister and grandma meet guys too. Love is blooming everywhere, you have to read to find out if any of them get a forever guy. Great read. ...more
Joycee
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romances-read
Quite an enjoyable read! I liked that the misunderstandings weren’t drawn out & were resolved quickly and readily (gasp! Roxy and Kai *talked* to each other!). The story seemed acceptably quick - not head-spinningly fast (well, maybe except for the leave-work-after-first-hour-back-and-catch-first-flight-to-Hawaii part) but not draggy either.

So Ruthie’s tale is next? Is that available on Kindle Unlimited?
Rebecca
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-scout
A cute, funny romance. The writing style was a bit "telly." I would have liked more dialog and seeing the action play out, rather than having Roxy telling the story so much. The story was still fun to read. Baggy (Bad Grandma) takes the show, however. She's certainly not your stuffy, sit in a chair knitting kind of grandmother.
Barbara
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My strong woman in this story is not who you would expect. Baggy (for Bad Grandma) doesn’t care who sees her doing her own thing or what they think of her. So the jilted bride joins Baggy in her ex-groom’s car and goes on her honeymoon. You won’t believe what happens to the three of them. Loved this story.

Linda Lewis
What more could ask for than great characters in a fun and sexy story set in a Hawaiian paradise? It's all here in Getting Lei'd ... love that cute title. Well written and fast paced, it's a perfect choice for your next escape read!
Linda Elliott
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Read

What a fun read with wonderful characters. This short story was the perfect ending to my day. The grandma Baggy was written to make readers laugh for sure and to remind people to enjoy life.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shut Up & Read: Romantic Comedy For Review 1 9 Jul 28, 2015 01:29PM

• Coming Home (Texas Sisters, #2)
  • Close to Her Heart (Carrigans of the Circle C, #3)
  • Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)
  • Taming The Texas Cowboy (Forever Texan, #1)
  • Between Two Worlds (Bayview Heights, #4)
  • Just the Way You Are
  • The Marriage Pledge (Veils and Vows, #5)
  • Maggie's Run (Outback Brides Book 1)
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)
  • Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)
  • Meant to Be (Dirty Love, #2)
  • The Southern Hero (Driftwood Bay Book 2)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • The Decoy Bride (The Bouquet Catchers, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Last Rodeo (Men of the Marvell Ranch #1)
  • Flirting with Forever (Island Bliss, #1)
  • An Irresistible Temptation (The Cavallo Brothers #2)
  • Finding Christmas (Holly Point, NY, #2)
Ann Omasta is a USA Today bestselling author.

** She would LOVE to send you a free novella ~ Aloha, Baby! Visit annomasta.com to let her know where to send it.

Here is a Top 10 list from Ann about her likes, dislikes, and oddities:

1. I despise whipped cream. There, I admitted it in writing. Let the ridiculing begin.
2. Even though I have lived as far south as Key Largo, Florida and as far north as

Escape (3 books)
  • Cruising for Love (Escape #2)
  • Island Hopping (Escape #3)