Start by marking “Stronger Than Words” as Want to Read:
Stronger Than Words

Stronger Than Words

Mackenzie Craig is no stranger to struggling. After a childhood marred by poverty and homelessness, she's worked her way up to the number two spot in her graduating class and secured a scholarship to a great college. But then Mackenzie collapses at the state debate championships. She's rushed to the hospital where her prognosis is grave--she's having a stroke.

Mackenzie
Published December 2019 by Wattpad

To ask other readers questions about Stronger Than Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stronger Than Words

Start your review of Stronger Than Words
Paula Stokes
Dec 31, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi reader-peeps. Thank you to the Goodreads fairy who added this book for me :)

Three major things inspired this book: First, I started doing volunteer work with the Portland homeless community and realized that the reasons people become homeless are a lot more varied and complex than what we see in the media. Second, I thought about how important words are to me--I use them as tools, as weapons, as armor, to feel good about myself, to escape my pain. What would it be like if the words I rely on
Regsly
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review of the manuscript uploaded to swoonreads.

When I woke up after my stroke, I felt like the life I’d always planned for was impossible, like everything I’d ever wanted was suddenly out of reach, and would be forever. But maybe I was wrong. Maybe everything is still there, and all I have to do is find my way back to it.

Stronger Than Words is a story about recovery, family, resilience and inner growth.

Mackenzie Craig is a fighter, someone strong, ambitious, someone who perseveres. A debate
Samantha (WLABB)
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 stars

Another beautifully told story from Paula Stokes!

Kenzie was 18 years old, and the future she had worked so hard for, was finally within her grasp. But, when she suffers a stroke, her plans seem to be on shaky ground, and now she might lose everything she had worked so hard for.

The book definitely started with some serious heartbreak, but I knew there was no way but up for Mackenzie. She was just a phenomenal character. She had grit, determination, and drive, and I couldn't help
Summer
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A stroke severely hampers Mackenzie’s ability to communicate and her college plans become further endangered when her struggle to speak in her sister’s defense leads to talking via her fist instead.

Mackenzie was well-written, you feel and understand her frustration but it never becomes a self-pity party, right from the start (before the stroke) she’s portrayed as someone willing to put in the hard work, she’s ambitious by nature, and that remains very much who she is despite her vastly changed
Hayley
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2020
This was so good.
I really loved the relationship between Cheyenne and Mackenzie, it's really nice to see a positive sisterly relationship, where they support each other and help each other.
Dalton was a really sweet love interest, and I like that that storyline wasn't the main point, but more of an added extra.
And Wheels! SO FREAKING CUTE.
Well worth the read, I would love to see this published one day.
Rechanne Waddell
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stronger than Words is beyond amazing. You will be taken on a fanatic journey filled with trials and triumphs. Journeying along with the main character you get to experience her vibrant world and feel alongside her. When her world crashes around her, you are able to venture along side her to see if she will regain what she lost. Kept on your toes you will definitely want more. I highly recommend opening this book, you will not be disappointed. ...more
Theresa
Jan 19, 2020

• The Type
  • Twisting Minds
  • Merry Chris Witch
  • The Sins of Desire (The Demons' Muse #3)
  • This Was Our Pact
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (the Graphic Novel)
  • Diana: Princess of the Amazons
  • Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story
  • Adventure Time Summer 2013 Special #1
  • Always Human - Season II
  • Always Human
  • Melaço
  • Cambion: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (The Sacred Oath Series Book 4)
  • Adventure Time 2013 Annual (Issue #1)
  • Runaways (2017-) #29
  • Lumberjanes #70
  • Ghosted in L.A. #7
  • Denial (Singularity's Children, #1)
*** Please contact me via the contact information on my website: authorpaulastokes.com ***

Paula Stokes is half writer, half RN, and totally thrilled to be part of the world of YA literature. She started out writing historical fiction under a pen name and is now branching out into other YA genres.

When she's not working (rare), she's kayaking, hiking, reading, or seeking out new adventures in
“How will this stroke steal away my remaining dignity, let me count the ways.” 1 likes
“Jake Darby? Ugh.” Jake Darby is like the villain in a bad teen movie—perfect on the outside, a
festering mass of evil on the inside.”
1 likes