Start by marking “Destiny's Dark Light” as Want to Read:
Destiny's Dark Light

Destiny's Dark Light

In modern day Charleston, two fated lovers meet at the beginning of a world-ending witch war ...

Cyan Burroughs is a lonely light witch prophesied to battle the dreaded Dorcha—a dark sorcerer with the power to rule the world. There's one problem: Cyan doesn't have any powers of her own.

Paperback
Published October 15th 2019 by Pen and Kink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Destiny's Dark Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny's Dark Light

Start your review of Destiny's Dark Light
PamG
DESTINY’S DARK LIGHT by Sara Dobie Bauer can be classified as a paranormal romance, an urban fantasy, or a supernatural suspense novel. It is set in Charleston, South Carolina and is suspenseful, enjoyable and entertaining.

Cyan Burroughs is a light witch prophesied to battle the dark sorcerer Dorcha. Unfortunately, Cyan’s powers are still dormant until a witch flips a trolley in downtown Charleston killing and injuring many. Cyan drags Liam Cody from the wreckage and helps him extract his girlfr
Jocelyn
A fated battle between light and dark magic with the future of the world hanging in the balance? Add in a little romance and pedigreed Southern witches and you have the definition of my jam. Unfortunately, the pacing, character develop, and aspects of the romance didn't work for me.

Cyan Burroughs, who comes from two lines of famous witches, is prophesied to be the Loach — a light witch who will take down the Dorcha (a dark witch) in a battle for the fate of the world. Her loving witchy family r
Marta Cox
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
On paper this should be a perfect read for me because I love books about magic and add in some romance and I'm in book heaven. Sadly for whatever reason this particular book just wasn't a fit . The main characters Cyan and Liam are prophesied to come together which will trigger Cyans latent power to defeat a dark sorcerer but when they meet Liam is already in love with someone else. The author does have a way that makes sense in order for the couple to become involved but I just didn't truly con ...more
Krystal Jane
Nope. This is great. So exciting. So many layers! I love Cyan. And Liam. And Cyan’s entire’s family. I didn’t see who the “Dorcha” was until right before it was revealed, and I can’t even believe it. It’s not like me not to sleuth around when there’s a mystery to solve. Not only that, I was so wrapped up in the story, I didn’t even try to figure out what was going on. I just wanted to keep reading. Freaking love this.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this story, I could not put it down. I read the book in one day. This author is an awesome writer. I can not wait to read more of their books. Keep up the great work. You should definitely read this book.

Beth
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book but didn’t really love it. I generally like stories about magic but this one had a silly premise. Cyan, who comes from a long line of light witches, according to an ancient prophecy, is supposed to save the world from destruction by the dark side. Her aunt, a seer, has been painting pictures of Cyan’s one and only true love since Cyan was a baby. Because of this, Cyan is basically waiting for her magic to manifest so she can fight a war and has not dated because she’s waiting f ...more
Cherry London
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely and interesting tale minus the foul language, I’m not a big fan of that. The characters are great and the storyline is an intriguing one. Cyan and Liam had an interesting interlude which led to the great prophecy coming to be. Their pathway to their destiny was filled with pitfalls of magic, deceit, prejudice, and love. This book makes an entertaining and somewhat captivating read.
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Destiny's Dark Light by Sara Dobie Bauer is an amazing story thaat I have had the privilege to read and fall in love with. If you love reading about magic, witches and paranormal romances then this amazing story is definately for you to read and I highly recommend it to all.

Tanya
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She is a lonely light witch but her powers do not work. When an attack happens her powers come to life. She saves him and she knows he is the one for her. Life is not going to be easy as he has no idea who he really is. Will they find out? Will they be together? Will war force them apart? See how they get on

Kay Mcleer
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i enjoyed reading this book, i loved going through the light witch vs dark witches. I really like Cyan and Liam as characters and felt invested in their story.
Sandy S
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it

About the book: Release Date October 15, 2019

An unknown witch flips a trolley and causes mass carnage, and Cyan's dormant magic awakens. When she drags handsome Irishman Liam Cody from the wreckage, she re
Diana Morgan
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was my Destiny to read Destiny's Dark Light!

I could see and hear the characters like they were in the same room. DDL is up there as one of my favorite reads! I didn't want it to end. Sara, we need a sequel?
Please!
Kaye
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EXTREMELY INTENSE TREAT!!!
Intensely pleasing! Sara comes out swinging with this jaw dropping, tough as nails wild ride that blow this baby wide open. You get it all with this action packed, hard hitting, page flipping, adrenaline rush that keeps you riveted and on a razors edge. Dazzling, intense and satisfying take this bad boy to a whole different realm. The drama, intrigue, danger and suspense make for one exciting experience. A multitude of swirling events and daunting circumstances draw
Crystal
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cyan is a light witch, raised by her witch family with the knowledge, from several prophecies, that she will become the savior of the white witches in a great war and fall in love with a beautiful stranger. Her life seems completely planned out, but as they do, things get a little more complicated once the prophecied times begin.

Destiny's Dark Light is an exciting and romantic thriller full of far more twists and turns than one would expect for a story wrapped around a pretty straightforward pr
Ezrin
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5* rounded up! HEA

This book is truly different from any other book. It is a standalone book about magic and destiny. Usually books that involve magic and destiny and prophecy will be long and have a lot of drama and span a few books, but this one is short and sweet and suspenseful with all the twists and turns you want in a book.

This book started off with Cyan and Liam having not yet met and Liam was in love with another woman. The way the author tackled this makes sense, and I actually liked
Christinaraven
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. The plot was fun and entertaining. And all the characters were quirky in a fun way. I thought it mixed magic, mystery and romance into a story that kept me reading until the end to solve who the bad guy was. I liked the twists and who ended up being the good and bad witches, many that I did not see coming. I liked that the story did not delve heavily into the magic part but kept the basic plot simple so that it made the story a great read and on point. Well worth readi ...more
Heather W
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Destiny's Dark Light is a supernatural suspense novel that takes place in Charleston, South Carolina. The story has well-developed quirky characters and an entertaining storyline. This book captured my interest from the start and kept it with its magic, drama, suspense, and sweet romance.
This is the first book I have read by this author and I look forward to reading more.

Regina Kiddy
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elvira
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book interesting with well developed and engaging characters that have great chemistry and a storyline that is well written.

Krissy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding out about having magic after an accident then seeing someone you are drawn to is trouble with a capital T! Love and magic mixture, good and bad boy what fun!!

I am voluntarily leaving a review after receiving an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Susan Cordeiro
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I am a fan of paranormal books and this one did not disappoint. I liked the characters and the storylines, and it's always nice to have some romance...
Thanks NetGalley and publisher for this arc.
Heather Bane
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. I loved the characters and the storyline. Both are well written. This book had me hooked from the beginning and I had a hard time putting it down. I absolutely recommend reading.

Dawn Milligan
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the world Sara went for here. The characters are well developed and the story flows nicely! I would defiantly recommend!
Isabel May
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was perfect for Halloween! I loved the action, the witches, the romance, and the adventure! This book made me laugh, smile, and overall happy! I would recommend this to anyone!
Tayra Sanders
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is totally worth the time to read. Every page will have you enthralled and panting for more. Let’s not forget mention the chemistry of these two. You can really feel the passion.
Patricia Nelson
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Got it, opened it, had me hooked from beginning to end so read it in one sitting, hated to see it end, and now I would DEFINITELY recommend getting it ASAP!!!
DMA
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intriguing compelling mystery! Written brilliantly making you believe in the characters and the world building almost immediatly!
Highly recommended!
Angela  McK
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I usually am several steps ahead of an author by the 5th chapter. But I didn't see how this book would end until close to the very end of the book. What a great read
Melinda B.
Jun 27, 2020
Elizabeth
Aug 08, 2020

• Poisoned Fate (War-Torn Omegas, #3)
  • First Priority (Priorities, #1)
  • Monster (Her Dark Fae Prince Book 1)
  • Shadow Kisses: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • Sentinels of Oz
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Loving the Monster Within (Black Hollow, #0.5)
  • The Beekeeper's Bullet (Wind in the Wire #1)
  • Charmed by the Fae (The Love's Protector Series Book 3)
  • Seduced by the Fae (The Love's Protector Series Book 2)
  • Francesca, The Great and Terrible
  • The Prophecy Series
  • Witching Hour (Mystic Hallows Harem #3)
  • Third Eye Blind (Mystic Hallows Harem #4)
  • The Toldar Series
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Ruled by Tainted Blood (Blood Phoenix Chronicles, #2)
  • Stone and Blood (Magical Kingdoms, #2)
Sara Dobie Bauer is a bestselling author, model, and mental health / LGBTQ advocate with a creative writing degree from Ohio University. She lives with her hottie husband and two precious pups in Northeast Ohio, although she’d really like to live in a Tim Burton film.

JOIN THE FACEBOOK SEXY CIRCLE: