Start by marking “Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)

Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon #3)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  482 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Book 3 in the Shadow of the Dragon series.

As a child, Prince Bren of Xicanth saw the devastation created when a dragon is rejected by its mate...and vowed he would never unleash that kind of horror and suffering on a woman. The promise is simple to maintain until Tynan, the dragon who shares his existence, chooses a mate and demands to claim her as only a dragon can. Bren
Published June 1st 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Rise

Cheap and Lazy
This is the third book in the series and I've loved them all. While they would easily stand on their own, why miss out on the others? I love the author's voice and have read others stories of hers. This series is my favorite so far, half fairy-tale, half really hot romance. There are a lot of love scenes and they're very well done, but there's plenty of story and character development too, and the conflicts are believable.
Mitabird
Mar 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
This story was cute and it was amusing to read the confusion that dragon had with his "three" mates. The chemistry was very strong between the characters and they were both very likable.
MK
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
The plot in this story is really interesting. It leaves you guessing what really is the assignment Keene and her team have to accomplish. And also the development of their relationship is not relly fast and makes you wonder want Bren is feeling. There are many sex scenes, but it is in many variety that it does not make you bored with it. The action scenes are many enough to balance the former. And also I like that Bren and Keene are equal in power, that Keene is not typically the damsel in distr ...more
Cindy
Mar 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: keepers
Fun read - this is the story of Bren the oldest [and somewhat stodgy:] son of Kei and Lorran. His dragon finds his mate - three times with three different women - and that's supposed to be impossible...

There's a whole lot of hot Energizer bunny sex but it has an interesting plot, good characters and cute dialog. Warning the heroine has [oral:] sex with the hero in dragon form - if that bugs you stay away from these four.

Shadow of the Dragon
1. Dragon's Kiss (2004)
2. Dragon's Fire (2005)
3. Dragon'
Kimchi
Sep 03, 2007 rated it did not like it
Ok here is the thing. I was not really interested in this prince's story. To be honest it was boring. I Found myself more interested in his sisters story and how they would find her if they ever did. I could not really get into the whole spy thing. It was tedious at best and probaly one of those books that was maybe a complete waste of time.
Erin Kyle
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This book starts out pretty slow, I think, and speeds up from middle to end. The beginning is mostly lots of steam (ahem) and after a while, even that can get a bit tiresome. As yet, this is my least favorite of the first three books.

But, like the previous two books, St Clare has outdone herself with the interesting premise, characters, and storyline. Nicely done. Nicely done.
Lizzie
Boy, you better be prepared to jump into this one with both feet. The crazy dynamics and 'people' juggling going on in this book will have more than your head spinning. I enjoyed the returning characters, and the consistent theme, it makes it easier to follow the craziness.
Shannon Flynn
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, if you've made this far through the series it just gets better and better. Book three is no exception, hotter than the last two, in my opinion. This was my favorite of the whole series. Loved Bren and Keene and their story!
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Yessenia Andaverde

A fantastic story, a great read. And though the other two are much better than this one, it is not bad.
Betzacosta Betzacosta
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hasta a mí me aturdió el cambio de mujeres y el mismo resultado. Este libro es hermoso
Marina
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Dec 10, 2012
Kyrie
rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2012
Emma
Aug 01, 2011
Allison Pendergrass
Nov 09, 2015
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • A Man Worth Fighting For (Wiccan Haus #2)
  • The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Tales from the Temple I
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Bride Reborn (Star Brides, #2)
  • Blackstar: Future Knight
  • The Claiming of Moira Shine
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
Tielle (pronounced "teal") St. Clare has had life-long love of romance novels. She began reading romances in the 7th grade when she discovered Victoria Holt novels and began writing romances at the age of 16 (during Trigonometry, if the truth be told). During her senior year in high school, the class dressed up as what they would be in twenty years-Tielle dressed as a romance writer.

When not writi
More about Tielle St. Clare...

Shadow of the Dragon (4 books)
  • Dragon's Kiss (Shadow of the Dragon, #1)
  • Dragon's Fire (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)