Start by marking “See Me” as Want to Read:
See Me

See Me

For Raphe Lombardi, life hasnt been easy.

Permanently disfigured by a car crash at the age of nine that claimed the lives of his parents, set him on a never ending path of doctors and painful procedures.

Never judge a book by its cover, Il mio piccolo, Aunt Sophia would always say, tapping the space above her heart. Trust whats inside. Even beauty sometimes has an evil
Published February 14th 2020 by Sapphire Publishing

To ask other readers questions about See Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Me

Start your review of See Me
Jay
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, kebb
The hands of fate and the cruelty of insensitive young minds breaks the heart of a young boy and the man he becomes. TL Travis has outdone herself with See Me, a simultaneously heartbreaking and beautiful rendition of a second chance at life, love and revitalization.

Raphael (Raphe) Lombardis life changed in a single moment. At the tender age of nine a crash steals his parents and leaves him with scar tissue covering seventy-five percent of his left side. The torment of youth and self-loathing
Cee Brown
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
.★*) .*)
(.★*..`★¤Perfect Imperfections.¤★*..*ˑ★

"Everyone has their demons to fight. Unfortunately, most of mine live on the surface for all to see and cast judgment upon." ~Raphe

"The imperfections you see are what makes you perfect to me." ~Cooper

I promised myself I wouldn't cry...and I didn't. This was a feat... an emotional, roller coaster of a ride and I am happy with the way it turned out.

Two broken souls find each other in the most unconventional way, only to realize they have history.
Mildred
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS

Raphe lost his parents when he was nine. Surviving the accident was just the beginning. The insurmountable pain he endured was crushing. Sustaining burns over 70% of his left side he was considered a freak. Oh how cruel kids can be. He was only 9 when this happened. When he dared venture outside the neighborhood kids would taunt him .Solitude became his friend along with books and video games. At the age of thirty, still alone, staring out from his condo balcony, he witnesses a hate
Sue
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SEE ME IS MAGNIFICENT

This is a MAGNIFICENT story about how people see themselves. Raphael was scared by a childhood accident he almost didn't survive. Cooper had lost his Mom at an early age and his father worked long hours. Raphael and Cooper knew each other as children but their paths never truly crossed. This story shows the difference between children and the adults they eventually grow to be. It's about how we see ourselves compared to how others view us. This story moved me, touched me and
Mallory
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All the ugly crying

Oh these sweet men! Raphe was one of my favorite characters, disfigured as a child by a drunk driver and tortured by his peers this loner was heartbreaking. But watching Cooper be so caring and thoughtful as Raphe opened his heart was swoon worthy.

The trigger warnings at the end of the blurb are no joke. There is some intense stuff happening within the pages of this book. The night club scene was one of the hardest Ive ever had to read.

I highly recommend this book and look
Patricia Nelson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful, grab-you-by-the-feels, emotionally charged, raw, gritty, gripping, intense, poignant, powerful, incredible, fantastic, heartbreaking yet ultimately hopeful, wonderful, lovely, tug at the heartstrings, definitely different, fresh, original, made-me-shed-tears-of-both-sadness-and-joy, completely unexpected, and totally awesome story is now at the top of my "favorite books of all times" list. I have only one thing to say.....get this book ASAP!!!
Nic
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting

A nice story about letting go and trusting others. It was also about forgiveness. The main characters were interesting both with baggage that looked differently to those who were looking. One went through more than anyone should have endured but had the support of his small family.
Silkeeeeeereads
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

This ran a little slow for me. The dialogue between, well, everybody actually, just didnt flow smoothly and I found myself skimming.
Mari  Cardenas
4.5 Stars!

Okay, so first off, read the trigger warnings, because trust me, they're there for a reason.

I loved Raphael/Raphe from the first moment, he had such a hard life from when he was a little kid and now, nearly, thirty, things still weren't quite good for him. Yes, he had the love of his Aunt and his quasi-parents/friends, Heath and Cindy, but he was lonely and hurting and dealing with the physical and psychological sequels from the accident that killed his parents and left him scarred. He
Claudia Lezár
3,5*

PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:
A 3,5* is clicked with a 4* but in review marked as 3,5*:

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like Jesse's Smile or Joey from Angelique Jurd, Save the the kids series
from EM Leya, Loves Tethered Heart from C.L. Etta or Liberty from Seth King),
it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises (like most of Andrew Grey books and Davidson Kings 'Haven Hart'-series)
it's
Deirdre
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not Just My Scars

I enjoy reading stories about men who have scars. How did they receive their scars? Was it from a violent attack? A fire? And accident? How old was he when he received his scars? How did his age impact his reaction to his scar? How much of his body - which parts of his body are covered with scars? Does he hide his scars? How? Why does he hide them it? How do others react to his scars?

I believe the answers to these questions determine how the man's life will be lead. Did he have
Belinda Zamora
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rafe has suffered horribly in his life.
Severely burned and scarred as a young child, he not only has had to endure excruciating physical pain but to add insult to injury, he's also suffered cruelty and taunts from children who didn't necessarily know any better.
As a result he's shunned a public life, basically becoming a hermit.
When he sees a man being hurt, he jumps into the fray, not knowing the encounter will upend his world and completely throw it off it's axis.
The man he saved, Cooper was
Jacky Bodler
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I really really liked the characters, especially the side characters (Adrian which was funny and unique and Raphes family which was so sweet and supportive) but.. The romance between Raphe and Cooper was just too fast. its not just about Coop having been a bully of Raphe but even the first time he comes over he kisses Raphe and Raphe lets him. That was way too fast for me.
I also didn't like that the hate crime never was reported, especially cause I would picture Adrian as someone who just
P Leslie
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc-review
You need to love yourself first before you can truly open your heart. Raphe spent his whole life closing himself to the outside world. What person in their right mind would look beyond his scars?

Cooper saw Raphe for who he was inside; a gorgeous man with a beautiful heart. Raphe became a different person around Cooper and those moments warmed my heart.

Raphes life hasnt been easy yet with Cooper by his side, he starts living and enjoying life. These two guys were beautiful together despite,
Sue
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raphael has not had an easy life. Losing his parents and being permanently disfigured at an early age coupled with the constant health issues and childhood tauntings has made him distrustful of most people other than those in his close circle. One night of bravery changes his life...but is he ready to let someone see all of him? Both inside and out? Cooper has dealt with his own losses and failures but is open to letting someone in. That fateful night that changed everything brought him face to ...more
Maria R.
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
So many missed opportunities

The premise piqued my interest and I dug in with this only to shake my head and begin skimming after 60%. The insta-love was too much, the history of one being a childhood bully was a non issue and never even discussed, a hate crime not reported to police only to allow more hate crimes, injuries that healed way to quick, and the only repercussions to a violent criminal is a kick in the nuts and then it's all good.
This had promise but stayed so surface that I can't
Monika
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Full of angst, highly emotional and such a beautiful love story this was truly amazing!!!! That's about all I can say because I don't have the words to do this story justice.

PS... I really want a Zane and Adrian story!

TAGS
-- full of angst -- highly emotional -- second chance -- hurt/comfort -- self harm -- thoughts of suicide -- childhood bullies -- loss -- grief -- hate crime -- family -- an adorably lovable best friend (Adrian) -- two amazing MCs... Raphael & Cooper -- not ready for this
R
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cooper and Raphael are special characters. I became very wrapped up in their story. Dealing with Raphaels issues wasnt easy. Personally, this book was very painful to read. I went into it knowing what it was about and worried that the gravity the situation deserves wouldnt be present. The author did a wonderful job with this story. My problem with burns is my own issue. But now that I finished the book Ive decided the story was probably cathartic.

Not a very good review, but heartfelt just the
Sandra
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light

Raphe was shrouded in darkness from his childhood accident until he met Cooper who became his light. Thank God Raphael had his Aunt and the Sorensons to prevent him from falling too far. I loved Coopers bff Adrian. He had no shame and had me laughing throughout the book. I wonder if Adrian will get his own book now with Zane. HEA with an epilogue to boot. Highly recommend this book.
Joscelyn Smith
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved these characters, Cooper and Raphe were complex, engaging, a bit damaged by life, and so perfect for each other. Raphe had been closed off for so long but when he decided to take a chance fate put Cooper in his path, he showed Raphe his scars were only skin deep but the beauty in his heart was a wonder to behold. This was emotional and one hell of a read.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Maureen
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this more than a 5 star, I absolutely LOVED this story! These two! Oh my, so sweet, so loving as they struggle together overcome such a painful past. The patience and love that Cooper had for Raphael, to slowly draw him out of his pain and fear, sooo sweet. Raphael had had a devastating life and hid away from the world, Cooper slowly drew him out. Beautifully written this is a book to be remembered, when I read the last few lines I sighed and whispered "But I want more . ."
Jennifer Reilley
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Right from the start the author knew just how to pull at my heart strings. My heart ached for Raphael. For the loss of his parents, for the pain, for the longing, and for a missed childhood. Aunt Sophia is someone everyone should have in their life. Loved her.

When Raphael meets Cooper his life changes. He is challenged to test his boundaries and fears. He has a lot of fears to face. He has to learn to trust Cooper. Can he open up and trust??? He has the heart of gold and Cooper is his perfect
The Argumentative Bong
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐ really... although I loved the premise of a protagonist who was less than "physically perfect", the story seemed too rushed and a little amateurish to me. Everything happened too fast too soon. And what was that with Zane?? That was terrible and totally unnecessary, unless it is the stepping stone to the next story! Adrian and Zane?...I sincerely hope NOT!!
Jules
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Ok

The book started off really good and I couldn't put it down but somewhere half way through I just lost interest. I think because it was just too Insta love. The connection between the two characters just felt a bit fake. But it didn't stop me finishing the book. If you love Insta love and damaged souls then you'll really enjoy this book.
AL
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of emotions, healing and fighting together. I loved both MCs and loved how they both fought for themelves and their relationship.
There were some areas where I'd love to see more attention, but overall loved the story and gladly give it five stars.
Mary
Feb 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Raphes love internet is a former bully. As someone who was bullied from day one of school and at every job I ever had I just can't with this trope.
S.L. Perrine
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Heartwarming romance, as per TLs reputation. Worth every tear shed. Of course, its also full of action and mystery too.
Emma Brown
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a book. Cooper is so sweet, and just adorable in his own way. Raphael is so strong, he just can't see past his exterior. Its wonderful reading that beauty is more than just skin deep.
Sylvia
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.45☆

Beautiful story
Stefanie
Feb 15, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf 25% this story jumps all over the place. Its not a bad story, but I cant get into it because it all develops too quickly and that makes it feel set up and awkward for me. ...more

• Temptation (Breaking the Rules #2)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Thorn in His Side
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules #1)
  • The One Decent Thing
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Finding Finley
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • More Than Life
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Snow Way Out (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #7)
TL Travis is the published author of a plethora of Erotic Romance musings that have earned her a Best Seller status in the US as well as Internationally.

In her spare time, when shes not weaving her erotic webs, she enjoys all the magnificent glory the Pacific Northwest has to offer.

Shes rescued 4-legged souls in need for as long as she can remember, and wants to remind you to Adopt, not shop.

News & Interviews