Start by marking “Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)

Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  643 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Nothing But Velvet
Mass Market Paperback, 401 pages
Published July 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing But Velvet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing But Velvet

Gaby Franz
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia poco origina pero bien contada.
La prosa de la autora te mantiene con ganas de seguir leyendo y los personajes tan bien desarrollados y queribles ayudan a que no abandones a mitad de camino.
Una lectura muy recomendada para las románticas de corazón y las que gustan de villanos que se transforman en héroes.
IzamaRi H. Fabela
Velvet es una joven desesperada que tiene que casarse antes de que la temporada termine si no quiere que su familia caiga en la desgracia. Ella cree que su salvación es Avery, duque de Carlyle. Lo que no sabe es que Avery esa en la misma situación que ella, y lo que es peor, el duque tiene un pasado muy oscuro.
Por su parte Jason Sinclair busca vengarse de aquel quien le destrozo la vida. Culpado por un crimen que no cometió, Jason ha pasado los últimos ocho años en la miseria, haciendo cosas imp
Anita
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Classic Historical Romance - good plot, great sex and a hot alpha hero. Velvet, an improvished noblewoman is on her way to marry a Duke for his fortune. She is kidnapped and held so the wedding can't take place by Jason. Jason was framed for the murder of his father by his brother, Avery, the Duke Velvet is set to marry. Everyone thinks Jason was killed in prison. Jason is out to right the wrong done to him and Velvet wants to help. She ends up falling in love with him.
Lisa
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: january-2016
Captivated by the synopsis of the book, I longed for intimate moments between the heroine and hero which I did receive in abundance. However, I thought the heroine fell in love love far too quickly and the later part to drag on for a bit. A huge trigger warning would be rape but not to be confused between the heroine and hero but other minor characters.
Flor
Es el segundo libro de esta autora que leo y no consigo entender porqué las críticas son tan buenas, es un libro por debajo del montón. Jason el protagonista es demasiado histérico, que si la quiere, pero que no la quiere, que la quiere en la cama, que no que no porque es una dama.
Isabel
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encanto que el final no fuera muy predecible, en comparación a otras historias románticas.
Shannon
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read by Kat Martin. Strong willed woman and a hold-your-breath ending
Elis Madison
As a young man, Jason Sinclair…

His lover and half-brother set him up for his father's murder. This leaves Avery, his half-brother, the new Duke of Carlyle. Jason was sentenced to hanging, but (long story which will be dealt with later in the book) he was instead transported to the "colonies." Where bad things happened.

He returns to England a changed man.

Velvet Moran and her grandfather are desperate—her father gambled away the family fortune. They've sold off everything but the furniture in the
Marsha Spohn
When we first meet Jason Sinclair he is a headstrong, stubborn, youngish buck, heir to the Duke of Carlyle. He hasn't taken his father’s declaration that he must not have anything further to do with his current lady love (if you could call her that). Jason storms out into the night headed for his meeting with his love.. not knowing it will be his last night as a free man and that relatives can often be deadly.

let’s move ahead 8 years now… In two weeks Velvet Moran will marry Avery Sinclair, the
 Mary
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jason Sinclair es un noble aristócrata que cuando lo conocemos al comienzo del libro es un joven ciegamente enamorado de una mujer que complota con su hermano, Avery, para asesinar a su padre, el Duque de Carlyle, y poder quedarse con el ducado. Jason es acusado falsamente del asesinato de su padre y sentenciado a muerte... pero los planes no le salen nada bien a Avery y Jason es enviado a Georgia como esclavo donde pasa ocho años hasta que él pueda escapar y volver para recuperar lo que le pert ...more
Maura
Lucy Qhuay

Another great story by Kat Martin!

I loved the writing style, the plot and the characters, especially the protagonists, Velvet and Jason.

I loved how strong and resourceful Velvet was and how she didn't give up on Jason, not even when he kept pushing her away, with his harsh words and actions.

Once she gave him her heart, she was his, no matter what, and he was hers as well. What can be more romantic than a woman who fights for the chance at happiness with the man of her life, even at the cost of
Manuela
Feb 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prestito, storico
Linda
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! An endearing love story between Velvet and Jason.

Velvet Moran is on her way to marry Avery Sinclair, the Duke of Carlyle, when she is kidnapped by a highwayman. She is held hostage until after the date of the wedding to prevent Avery from getting her dowry. The highwayman tells Velvet that Avery is bankrupt and wants to marry her for her money. She is amused because she was marrying him thinking he was wealthy. She was almost broke.

The highwayman is Jason Sinclair, Avery’s older
Michaela
Feb 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book just throws you into an action sequence after a brief intro into the main female character and her family situation. You understand the girl and then there is this dark character male who kidnaps her for his own unknown reasons. There should have been a Prologue to explain why Jason was on the run. All there is, is the back summary to shed any light before you start the book and are going....Huh? Oh okay....that escalated quickly. The romance is briskly created while she is his captive ...more
Samantha
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story at parts it dragged on. I think my favorite parts are probably the first 100 pages and the last 20 pages.

Velvet is set to marry the Duke of Carlyle but on her way to the wedding she is kidnapped by a highwayman. The Highwayman is none other than the older brother of the Duke of Carlyle who was assumed dead after killing his father. Velvet and Jason, the real Duke of Carlyle fall in love and a story unfolds that brings Jason's innocence in the death of his father to light.

I thi
Minnie
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
An entertaining regency romance that I would highly recommend to anyone who has a special love for them. A bit boring sometimes though and Jason could be a serious macho, douche, pig-like man at times. Well more times than I would have liked. I would not have been able to put up with his crap but this does take place in a time where women had no say and power. Anyways, as far as regency romances go it was great and the main female lead was likable. Good story, though seriously far fetched at tim ...more
Mary Craven
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picked up Silk and Steel (Litchfield #2) first and loved the roller coaster thrill of Kat Martin. Had to get a copy of Nothing But Velvet to see how the whole story started. Wow, was this a ride on a super coaster. The only thing that saved me from the dread that seemed to overshadow the story was the fact that I had read book two and knew there would be, somewhere in this twisted tale, a happy ending. I was not disappointed.
Now my question is will there be a Litchfield #3?

Kimia Safavi
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

If you love romance you need to read Kat Martin's books.Nothing But Velvet is another fantastic story with great plot, adventures , romance and passion. when I start to read each book by Kat Martin I am amazed how the story starts and end, It has so much twist and turn and it is difficult to guess what happen next. The characters are strong, stubborn and lovable. Thank you Kat Martin
Robin
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have discovered a new favorite author for me. WOWSA. This novel had it all! Murder, suspense, romance...loved it. Velvet was a strong, tough woman who knew what she wanted or who she loved. So funny during the kidnapping and all the time she attempted to escape! Jason survived so much at the expense of being accused of the murder that you just ended up feeling so sad for him. I will definitely read more of Miss Martin!
J.
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another "goodie" by Ms. Martin. I've actually been wanting to read this one for quite sometime but wasn't able to get my hands on it. It was definitely worth the wait. I also recommend reading Lucien's story "Silk and Steel".
Eli
Es el segundo libro de esta autora que leo y no consigo entender porqu�� las cr��ticas son tan buenas, es un libro por debajo del mont��n. Jason el protagonista es demasiado hist��rico, que si la quiere, pero que no la quiere, que la quiere en la cama, que no que no porque es una dama.
Ana
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
A lot of things are happening all at once in this book. The kidnapping, the love story, the murders, a secondary pairing, a bit of a flashback once or twice. Just keep your eye on the price and you'll be fine ;)
Mai Hyukkie
อินมากๆจริง
Tiffany
Dec 16, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
was okay. some weak plot points. nothing interesting done with names and maybe a few other unturned corners. cliche issues for the man who thinks he's done a horrible thing that turns out to be more in line of heroic.
Ana
May 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 / es una historia entretenida, llena de acción y pasión - romance, de la que se puede dar en los años 1750 y más; aunque para mí fue un toque más arriesgado como lo contó la autora. Más largo de lo que creí que sería y un toque cansado de leer.
Aldy
Tiene buenos momentos esta pareja pero se vuelve demasiado predecible el libro ya cuando va por el 10% del mismo, se puede deducir finalmente como van a ir cayendo las piezas de este rompecabezas y todo pasa muy lentamente para lo obvio que es.
Ballerina60
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
to me, this was a boring silly story. if the good guy has foreclosed on the bad guy, why is the bad guy still living there?? to me the most interesting thing about the book was the KNEES of the girl on the cover which look just like....(ahem)...bubbies.
LJ
Sep 22, 2007 rated it liked it
Nothing but Velvet - G+
Kat Martin
To save her family from ruin, Velvet Moran agrees to wed the arrogant Duke of Carlyle but finds herself the captive of notorious highwayman Jason Sinclair, falsely accused of murder and on a mission to recover his stolen dukedom.
Frances
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Book was a 3 star, the ending a 1 = 2
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 08, 2015 12:26PM
Romance Novel Boo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. *SOLVED* Hero doesn't want kids 9 54 Mar 30, 2014 12:57AM
  • Lord of Desire (The Risande Family, #1)
  • Masquerading the Marquess (Lords of Intrigue, #1)
  • Love According to Lily (American Heiresses, #4)
  • After the Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #4)
  • Hidden Honor
  • What a Gentleman Desires (Redgrave #3)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • Deceived (The Wicked Woodleys, #2)
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • Challenge to Honor (Masters at Arms #1)
  • A Love for all Seasons (The Garistan chronicles, #5)
  • A Bride by Moonlight (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #4)
  • My Scandalous Viscount (The Inferno Club, #5)
  • Amber (The Jewel Trilogy, #3)
  • The Lost Brother (Gareth and Gwen Medieval Mysteries, #6)
  • Tempting Fortune (Malloren, #2)
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Thames River Murders (Captain Lacey, #10)
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...

Litchfield (2 books)
  • Silk and Steel (Litchfield, #2)