Start by marking “In Five Years” as Want to Read:
In Five Years

In Five Years

Perfect for fans of Me Before You and One Day—a striking, powerful, and moving love story following an ambitious lawyer who experiences an astonishing vision that could change her life forever.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

When Type-A Manhattan lawyer Dannie Cohan is asked this question at the most important interview of her career, she has a meticulously
Expected publication: March 10th 2020 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about In Five Years, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maudee Read the book!!! lol

Start your review of In Five Years
Larry H
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Good god, I loved this book even if it left me crying on the plane!

"You mistake love. Do you think it has to have a future in order to matter, but it doesn’t. It’s the only thing that does not need to be come at all. It matters only insofar as it exists. Here. Now. Love doesn’t require a future."

Dannie is a planner. Everything in her life is meticulously mapped out—the job she wants at the law firm she wants, her dream apartment in NYC, when she and her boyfriend will get engaged and married.
Holly  B
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

Couldn't put this one down!

Although I'm not a huge romance reader, every now and then a book comes along that just warms (and breaks) my heart.

After reading the intriguing synopsis, I knew I wanted to read this one and find out just what In Five Years was all about.

Dannie is a Manhattan lawyer with a five year plan (I love that!). She has a wonderful career, boyfriend, New York life, BUTwho is this man in her dreams? He seems so alive and "real" to her, but he is not in her five year
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m so ugly right now! My face is blotchy, my eyes are bloody red, my nails, oh no I have no nails left. I’m a great candidate for any horror movie monster casting call.

Even the husband dearest who is normally coolest, mimic-less Scorpio man worried about me and cover my face with trash bag so he stopped screaming when he was looking at me!

After I finished this book, I cried so much! I couldn’t help myself. Honestly my friends shaped my life and made me who I am more than my own family. They
Brandice
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Five Years is a great story about Dani, a Type-A (ahem, relatable) woman, her love life, and friendship. She is a hard-working lawyer who crushes an interview for her dream job and gets engaged to her boyfriend, David. After falling asleep that night, Dani wakes up five years later in an unfamiliar setting with unexpected company. She then wakes up again, back in her current life, but has a hard time shaking this mystery premonition. Four years later, Dani is startled to meet this person in ...more
Christy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

photo D97530CE-524E-4E23-9ED8-D4711D649940_zpszf1h6t8a.png

This book was nothing like I expected. If you're looking for a swoony romance or easy to read chick-lit type book, that's not what you're getting here. This was a hard-hitting contemporary fiction that hit me right in the feels. After reading the blurb, I thought I had an idea of how this book would go, but I wasn't prepared for what happened. It had twists and turns I didn't see coming, but I loved it.

Dannie is an attorney and a number oriented person. As a fellow Type-A person who
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

"Where do you see yourself in five years?" is the quintessential interview question that most of us are required to BS our way through when getting our first job. Dannie, on the brink of getting her dream job, answers this question as well in an interview at the very beginning of the book. Things are going swell for Dannie: she has the dream boyfriend, a ritzy Manhattan lifestyle, and if she gets her position at this law firm, the perfect
Emer (A Little Haze)
Do you ever just finish a book, sit back and think to yourself 'what on earth did I just read?'

I went into this book expecting a sweeping love story for the ages, one with a love triangle that would really feel heart wrenching and give me all those conflicted feels.

But no...

What I got was a love rhombus?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

A very weird and very strange love rhombus.

Because for so much of this book we knew the ending...
We knew the MC would end up in flagrante delicto with this guy who wasn't
Gabby
I really enjoyed this story. I do agree with other reviewers that the blurb is a little misleading - this story is about a woman who is working in New York and on the night she gets engaged to her boyfriend she wakes up five years into the future in a different apartment with a different man in her bed. That makes it sound like the book is going to have time travel or some crazy sci-fi elements to it, but that is a single event at the beginning of this book, and the rest of it is a contemporary ...more
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Love doesn’t require a future.

This is most likely my final review of the year and although I failed by leaving more than 30 books on my “Currently Reading” shelf (which were 100% already read and only left there to serve as reminders of my failure to post things in a timely fashion), I can at least finish up the decade as a rightreader for once and with a glowing recommendation for In Five Years when it gets released this Spring.

So
Ashley
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Many thanks to Netgalley and Atria Books for the chance to read this novel early.

It's no secret I love mindbending books that play with the concept of time. As soon as I read the blurb for this one, I knew I would be bumping it to the top of my to be read list. I'm so glad I did because this book was very nearly perfect and not what I was expecting at all.

The blurb for In Five Years is a little misleading, but I'm actually glad it was. Oftentimes the blurbs
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Dannie Kohan has always been a planner and manages her life with long-ranging aspirations. One goal was met when she got engaged to her long-term boyfriend, David, after living together in New York City. Another goal is on the horizon after interviewing for a position at a prestigious law firm. This job is in line with her career ambitions as an attorney. Among her long term goals are to buy an apartment and eventually have children.

Dannie becomes unsettled after having a dream that takes place
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 - 4 stars

This started well , it has a great premise and I was intrigued to see how this will go!I find it unique and brilliant and I was expected to find an emotional read but for me it wasn't!I still loved it and I find myself hooked but I didn't love it as much as I wannted!

description

This is about love and friendship, I have to say that the main heroine was ok for me, I couldn't connect with her so I couldn't empathise her either.

Overall, it was a great read if you are looking for something
Esil
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I liked In Five Years way more than I expected — especially as the story develops. Dannie is a serious type A. She’s a corporate lawyer in New York City and she happily calibrates every minute of her day. She has a five year plan that includes being a partner at her firm and marrying her corporate finance boyfriend. The only part of her life that is a bit less controlled is her strong bond with her childhood friend Bella. Then a dream or premonition shakes her up — she sees herself in 2015 with ...more
Jessica Jeffers
Oct 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, edelweiss
There was so much that I hated about this book, I don't even know where to begin. I am hesitant to flat-out trash it because I do know that writers sometimes read these and there are others who will like something more than I did—it’s been more than three years since I’ve given out a one-star review, but this one absolutely deserves it.
MaryBeth's Bookshelf
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Thank you to the publisher for gifting me an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review. I give this one 4.5 stars!

Oh how I love Rebecca Serle. I love her ability to make us question and ask "what if." In Five Years tugged at my heart strings. Dannie Cohan has played by the rules and achieved every goal she has set for herself. She's on the path to becoming partner at a prestigious law firm, she has an incredibly thoughtful fiancee, and she has the support of a loving family and best friend.
Amber
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, made-me-cry
4.5 stars rounded up.

A beautifully touching story about friendship and love. In Five Years tells the story of type-A corporate lawyer Dannie and how a meticulously planned life doesn’t always end up that way. When Dannie falls asleep on her engagement night, she wakes up 5 years later to a strange apartment and another man. After a very confusing hour she’s back to where she began. Not telling anyone about her experience, she meets this mysterious man again 4 1/2 years later.

This storytelling
Dennis
Imagine having a premonition five years into the future and your life is completely different—living somewhere you never thought you'd live and being married to someone you never met! This happened to Danielle "Dannie" Cohan and it's turned her life upside down. Currently, she is engaged to her fiancé David and the two live in Midtown Manhattan. Dannie is an star attorney, interviewing for one of the most influential law firms in the world, and her husband David works in the financial services ...more
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
I don't think I could have loved this book more... easily in my top 5 for the entire year. Definitely add it to your TBR piles!
♡ Kim ♡
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, arc
4.5 - Absolutely loved this one!
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡ (semi-hiatus)
[ e-ARC received from NetGalley ]

Release Date : 3rd March 2020
BookGypsy
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-publishers
The Dinner List is one of my all time favorite books. I still talk about it and recommend it. So I was really excited to this read this. Just when Dannie thinks she has has lifes plan all mapped out and in progress she has a dream so vivid of being married to someone else. Not her current partner. This is an unusual love story and it kept me glued to it. Romantic, heart felt and thought provoking. Truly one of the best books this year. I loved it.
Dawnny-BookGypsy
Novels N Latte
Hudson Valley NY
Laura Rash
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the feels buddy, all the feels! Perfect for fans of One Day In December! Thanks to the publisher for this review copy:)
Sherri Thacker
Thanks to the publisher for an early release of this book for my honest review. A beautiful story about friendships, love and heartbreak. It’s very moving. I really enjoyed it!
Cindy Burnett
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
IN FIVE YEARS is absolutely phenomenal. I firmly believe that it should be read before reading any reviews so that absolutely nothing about it is spoiled. However for those that do like to read reviews before choosing a book, I will strive to include no spoilers but instead just rave about the premise and its stellar implementation. This book is truly a not-to-be missed book.

What would you do if you had a brief glimpse into the future and saw that you were living a completely different life than
Jen
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Five Years was SO much more than I was expecting from the synopsis!

A brief glimpse into the future rocks Dannie’s carefully crafted world. She attempts to navigate life after this glimpse even though she’s shaken to the core. This is a moving story about life, love, and loss. I loved it and read it in one sitting! The characters are well rounded, the plot moves along nicely, and the author threw some well timed twists into the storyline.

Skip the synopsis and reviews, just go into this one
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Who knew contemporary women’s fiction would give me my biggest reading twist of the year.
A very enjoyable and heartbreaking read.
Jacqueline (We Be Book'N)
I am so thankful I was able to read this book early (I swapped for the physical arc and received a copy through netgalley!). This was one of my most anticipated books for 2020, and it did not disappoint. This is exactly the book I was in the mood for approaching New Years Eve - something warm, fast-paced, and a little emotional.
This book had vibes of Sex and the City, with a little bit of smut, but a lot of friendship. I really loved the writing style and loved seeing more of the city-life of
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

HOLY CRAP DOES THIS SOUND GOOD!!!

Image result for wow gif
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ

4.5 Stars

This book will really pull on your emotions. I viewed this more as a woman's fiction story instead of a romance. Only because it wasn't the romance that was the draw for me this time. Dannie's character is what really had me pulled into this story. It's a well written story. The characters are everyday people with such different personalities. The characters and the story line grab you and take you into their world. You laugh, cry and weep with them and live every event like it's your
Roz
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Well.. about halfway through I had a feeling how it was going to go. Sadly it was indeed what happened and I’m not exactly happy about it. It was a quick read with a very interesting premise and I enjoyed most of it.. I guess. Going into this I thought it was a romance, but nope and it would’ve been better to know what this turned out to be.

I'm conflicted if you couldn't tell.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Little Secrets
  • If I Never Met You
  • American Dirt
  • Happy & You Know It
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Saint X
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
Rebecca Serle is an author and television writer who lives between New York and Los Angeles. Serle most recently co-developed the hit TV adaptation of her young adult series Famous in Love, now on Freeform. She loves Nancy Meyers films, bathrobes, and giving unsolicited advice on love. She can be found on twitter: @RebeccaASerle
“It feels impossible how much space there can be in this intimacy, how much privacy. And I think that maybe that is what love is. Not the absence of space but the acknowledgement of it, the thing that lives between the parts, the things that makes it possible not to be one, but to be different, to be two.” 0 likes
“You mistake love. You think it has to have a future in order to matter, but it doesn't. It's the only thing that does not need to become at all. It matters only insofar as it exists. Here. Now. Love doesn't require a future.” 0 likes