Start by marking “Disbanded (Serpentia: Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Disbanded (Serpentia: Book 1)

Disbanded (Serpentia: Book 1)

Come forth, for you are special.

Sookahr the architect is just one of many snakes within Serpentia, an underground society where snakes and their rodent companions have lived in peace for as long as anyone can remember. Their destinies are preordained at birth, when they are fit with skymetal bands to enhance the telekinetic powers that aid them everyday.

Given an opportunit
Published March 3rd 2020 by Goal Publications

To ask other readers questions about Disbanded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disbanded

Start your review of Disbanded (Serpentia: Book 1)
Gre7g Luterman
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Snakes aren’t the most intelligent creatures on the planet—domestic snakes especially. Anyone who has kept one as a pet can tell you; even eating—one of the most basic things a creature can do—can be challenging for them. It’s a miracle that they survive at all!

But what if they weren’t quite that stupid? What if they were as smart as people? They’re so drastically different from us physically… how would that difference in perspective manifest in their personalities? Furthermore, what if mice—the
J.F.R. Coates
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A really fascinating read. I thoroughly enjoyed the setting and many of the characters - though I did confuse the names of some characters at times. I did see a few of the plot reveals coming before they happened; though the biggest revelation I had predicted wrong.
This was definitely an inventive story. Great immersion, and yet didn't need to go into long explanations about how the serpent's society works. Definitely recommended for someone who likes their fantasy a little different.
Cassykins
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer - I was given an advance copy of this book to review, but opinions are my own.

Sookahr is a young snake just coming into what would be the human equivalent to adulthood within his community within the burrow of Serpentia. He's tasked his career, which he's been assigned like every other, but something has always told him that he was meant for more.

Book 1 gets you acquainted with the main character, Sookahr, and his world of Serpentia. There will be snake-based terminology used, but not
Emily Christensen
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. Both the world and the characters drew me in right from the start and I couldn't put it down. This book is like nothing else I have ever read. I am a huge lover of snake so getting to read a book with snakes as the main characters is what first drew me in. But it was amazing characters themselves and intriguing plot that kept me glued to this story. This book really does have so much to offer a variety of different types of reader. With its amazing characters set in a ...more
Shelby
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful writing! A must read that will leave readers craving more! I’m not even a snake person but this story truly captivated me. I know nothing of snakes or their habitats, but I didn’t get lost while reading this story that centers around a whole systematic society of snakes. Instead, I was able to dive right into a truly interesting tale where snakes are destined into certain career paths all alongside their designated mouse companion. The main character seemed a little naive at times, but ...more
ShingetsuMoon
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book's creative and interesting world quickly pulled me in. Sookhar's point of view offers a great look at the caste system of the Burrow. He's not very high up, but he's high enough to give readers a look at how things are from various sides. He has big dreams and its easy to sympathize with his frustration but also to see his imperfections and prejudice as well.

The serpents of the book felt very much like snakes, not simply human characters with a scaly skin as I've seen happen in other
Frank LeRenard
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all, this demonstrated to me some top-of-the-line world-building. This society of psychic snakes and their rodent servants, with its rigid hierarchy (built even into the tunnels that compose the setting) and dogmatism, intellectually seems very far removed from everyday experience, but I had no trouble understanding and inhabiting it while reading this book.

And somehow, on top of all of this world-building sits an intricate, twisting plot, with conspiracies and betrayals and hidden agen
Rebel
Nov 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Fast paced. Great world building. An interesting take on snakes and the world they live in. Humans are always giving their pets human emotions, why not actually write a book with talking, thinking snakes. I myself dislike snakes, I don't care where they are at in the eco system. The story was well written and fast with plenty of action. ...more
Katherine Seppala
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never before have I read a book about a main character being a snake. I gotta say, while reading it I felt like I was the snake. The detail in how he moved and felt is amazing.
Aaron D Mandelbaum
Jan 24, 2020
Dawn
Jan 25, 2020
Frances
Feb 27, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Abby
Jul 07, 2020
Julian Ganster
Jul 10, 2020

• Kismet
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • Kraken: The Curious, Exciting, and Slightly Disturbing Science of Squid
  • Squid Empire: The Rise and Fall of the Cephalopods
  • Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2)
  • Fools Rush In
  • Corrupted Empire (Belluci Mafia, #3)
  • Bloody Devils (The Legacy of a Vampire Witch #4)
  • Eternal Light
  • Hunter (Valiant Book 1)
  • Dr. Gold (Healing Hands #2)
  • Flight of the 500
  • Neighborhood (Lewd Dungeon, #18)
  • The Twilight Etherium (An Etherium Novel Book 3)
  • Wavebound Sanctum
  • Blood of Kaos - please refer to Alamir
  • Dragonseers and Airships: Secicao Blight Omnibus: A Steampunk Fantasy Series with Dragons (Books 1 to 3)
  • 1:35AM (Five Nights at Freddy's: Fazbear Frights #3)
Frances Pauli writes across multiple genres. Her work is speculative, full of the fantastic, and quite often romantic at its core. Whenever possible, she enjoys weaving in a little humor. Once upon a time she was a visual artist, but she's since come to her senses. Now she fills her miniscule amount of free time with things like crochet, belly dance and abysmal ukulele playing. She lives in Centra ...more