Start by marking “The Violinist's Apprentice” as Want to Read:
The Violinist's Apprentice

The Violinist's Apprentice

A dark journey through time.

On a group trip to Rome, musician Clementina is whirled back in time to 17th century Italy.

Amidst court intrigue and creaking carriages, Italy becomes a chiaroscuro backdrop to her growing feelings for young violin-maker Antonio Stradivari. They kiss under an orange tree, and she persuades him to help a poor young boy from the nearby
Published January 5th 2020 by darkstroke / crooked cat books

To ask other readers questions about The Violinist's Apprentice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Violinist's Apprentice

Start your review of The Violinist's Apprentice
Nursebookie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
The story is centered around Clementina "Tina" who travels to Italy from Scotland in a school trip to visit one of the seven wonders of the world, the amazing Roman Colosseum. While there, Tina was taken back through time and meets the one and only Antonio Stradivari and becomes his apprentice in 17th century Rome. His professor Mr. Verdigris has given her a task to return and bring back a violin from that time. It seems that Tina was not the only one to have returned back from time as Mr. ...more
Nargis  Kalani
Firstly, thank you so much to Rachel's Random resources for reaching out to me and providing an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and a blog tour.

The story intrigued me as it was based on Italian culture mixed with time travelling. Since, I do like reading historical fiction I wanted to try and give this book a chance.

The story starts with Clemetina being frustrated about not being able to decide that whether she wants to go to this school class trip to Rome or not. Since her
Jane Hunt
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
An original plot that involves timeslip from the 21st-century present day to 17th century Italy. The story centres around Clementina, a young girl who is naive and impressionable. A fusion between timeslip and fantasy in a contemporary and historical setting, it does require you to open your mind, to magic, time travel.

It takes a while, to set the scene, as the book is mainly told from Clementina's point of view. Some chapters introduce a strange mystical woman. In Clementina's contemporary
Jessica Belmont
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Violinist’s Apprenticeis a really interesting concept. I haven’t read a time slip novel in quite a bit of time and this was a good one to get me back in the genre. Isabella Mancini manages to take a lot of information and make it easy to follow.

I enjoyed the magical realism that made a statement on global warming. I found that an intriguing and compelling concept. I really liked the characters. The pacing was well done.

Overall, this was an entertaining read and I am looking forward to more.
L.S.
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author via Rachel's Random Resources in return for an honest review.

I have to admit this book confused me. The blurb gave no mention of the age of Clementina, or that she was indeed on a school trip to Italy. As such, I was not expecting the story that unravelled. To be honest, had I known it was about a fifteen-year-old girl, I wouldn't have chosen to read it. That said, there were elements of the story that were enchanting and captivating.

The timeslip
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Clementina (Tina) McBride is sceptical about going on a school trip to Rome. She doesn't want to leave her sick brother behind but is pursued by her Italian mother to accept the chance to visit the country of her birth. Strangely, before going on her adventure she's given an amulet by her teacher Mr Verdigris to wear at all time especially during the trip… what does this mean?

Captivating, I adored Clementina's time in 17th-century Rome. The author's paints a vivid picture of the Italian city at
Donna Aquino

Jane Hunt
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it

Jessica Belmont
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it

Overall, this was an entertaining read and I am looking forward to more.
L.S.
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it

The timeslip
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

is currently reading it
Kim
Jan 20, 2020

• Million Eyes
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • When Harry Met Sally
  • The Jersey
  • Agricola's Bane (Celtic Fervour Series Book 4)
  • A Hole in One (Glass Dolphin Mystery #2)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • Spitfire (A Livy Nash Mystery #1)
  • Lady Takes the Case (Manor Cat Mystery #1)
  • A Love Hate Thing
  • Single in Buenos Aires (The Polo Diaries, #1)
  • The Place We Call Home
  • A Horse Called Bicycle
  • Where the Light Falls: Selected Stories of Nancy Hale
  • I Really Needed This Today: Words to Live By
  • Awa and the Dreamrealm (Dreamweavers, #1)
  • The Perfect Fit (Love in the Dales #2)
  • Duplicity