Start by marking “Death's Choice” as Want to Read:
Death's Choice

Death's Choice

In the game of life and death, no one wins.

When reluctant assassin, Kali, is finally given a mission to protect instead of destroy, she thinks she's gained everything she's ever wanted. But navigating court life brings its own challenges, especially when no one can find out what she is...

A fantasy standalone reverse harem set in the Paranormal Council Universe.
Published September 26th 2019 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Death's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death's Choice

Start your review of Death's Choice
Laura Greenwood
Aug 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Death's Choice is a standalone set in the Paranormal Council Universe.

Standalones from the PC Universe:
- Stories From the Paranormal Council Universe: Six Paranormal Stories: books2read.com/pcstories
- Frost's Forfeit: books2read.com/frostsforfeit
- Blood and Deceit: books2read.com/bloodanddeceit
- Death's Choice: books2read.com/deathschoice

You can also join my Goodreads Reader Group for new release alerts, spoiler threads, and more!
==> https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
Daisy Sauceda
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. It takes off in the beginning to set the story up really well. The main character is Kali and you cannot help but get an attachment to her. You understand where she comes from and hates what she has to do. That all changes after one assignment and she is thrust into a new environment. Everyone fears necromancers but after getting an understanding of Kali, you just have to root for her to make the best of situations. The moment she enters her knew environment she knows that ...more
Charlotte
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kali is an necromancer which in itself a death sentence if anyone found out but in order to keep that secret she must work as an assassin for a secretive order. A job that she doesn't relish or want but things seem to be looking up when she gets an assignment to protect the prince by pretending to be his fiance. An easy job that turns out to be not so easy after all and comes with plenty of complications. One of which meeting her mates. Not the greatest place to find them. Lots of underhand peop ...more
Donna
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This standalone story set in the Paranormal Council universe was a great read. Really engaging, with characters that draw you in and action that keeps you hooked until the end, it's a good story that all lovers of reverse harem romances with a twist of magic and shifters will love. Highly recommended book, especially for Laura Greenwood fans!
NB I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I always give an HONEST review based wholly on my own opinions
Agata Jędrzejewska
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kali is unique in every way. An assassin with conscious, doing the killing just because she have no choice, you kill your target or you will be a target. When completely unexpected assignment come, things go .. well.. completely unexpectedly. Plot was great, characters adorable and pages turned on their own.
Tera Comer
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Previously in the Captivated boxed set, this is another story inside of the Paranormal Council universe and let me tell you the characters and world building draw you in and keep you hooked till the end with the action and suspense that surrounds Kali and her men.
Renée
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kali’s a necromancer and assassin in a world that doesn’t know necromancers exists, where she’s given assignments by the Order to kill. After another successful assassination, she’s give a rather unusually commission - bodyguard for the Prince.
Kali embarks on her journey, and when she meets the Prince and his inner circle, she’ll realise that this assignment won’t be as straight forward as she thought. Not only are there other supernaturals around, but she’ll discover her soul mate (or two).
Dea
Raina Collins
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fast story with plenty of adventure and action. Kali is an assassin but not by choice. Because she is a Necromancer she is part of the Order. She lives and follows their rules. But when given a special assignment that is to protect she sees life anew. She will find love that fate has given her and friends. But death seems to follow her and may destroy any future before she even has a chance.

I loved this story. It has a strong and powerful heroine that can take charge but also work well with o
Aizlynne
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is recommended for readers 18+ due to sexually explicit scenes.

I do so love the Paranormal Council books. They are such great, short fated mates stories. This is the first RH in the series I've read. The dynamic between Kali and her mates is very sweet. A highly enjoyable read.
Amanda
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Kali! The plot and characters are awesome, made me want to keep reading and find out what happens to Edward! How Kali and her men are doing, if she's successful in having it all (of course we know she does). Totally recommending this book and loved the HEA!!

Emily Pennington
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This story is set in the Paranormal Council universe. Kali is a necromancer who must not let anyone know that information or her own life could be in jeopardy. She works as an assassin for a Necromancy Order, hating the job but having no way to refuse it. Finishing her assignment, she was awakened the next morning by her closest friend, Daneel, who told her the higher-ups wanted to see her. That was odd since they were supposed to give her a day or two between assignments.

When she reports to get
Caroline Doig
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story from the Paranormal Council Universe. Kali is an assassin well she is being forced to be an assassin she doesn’t like killing people even if they deserve it, she’s a Necromancer who can kill with the purple smoke from her blood and when the Order orders Kali to do a hit she has no choice. The next morning her best friend Daneel came knocking on her door Kali felt like she had a hangover she always had a bad headache from using her power for assassinations, Daneel told her ...more
Mari C
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Given a chance to protect instead of kill, necromancer assassin Kali couldn't be more thrilled. She is thrown into court life to protect the Prince from unnamed threats. Sounds pretty straight forward right? Nope. She stumbles into something so much more while uncover as his betrothed.. Things develop pretty quickly in this book and you get pulled in for the start. The only thingI would've liked different was a bit more of an in-depth look at necromancer magic. There's magic, romance, betrayal, ...more
Jamie Jack
Shelves: paranormal, p-2019
Fast, Action-Packed Read

Wow, that was a quick and busy ride! The author gets you right into the action, showing us exactly what Kali does for a living. Then her assignments get changed up, and she is thrust into a completely different world. She discovers court intrigue, a little mystery, and romance—also discovering her soulmates. Just when she's getting comfortable with this idea, another monkey wrench is thrown into the works. Like all books by Ms. Greenwood, the action is tight, and the char
Nina Campbell
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Death’s Choice by Laura Greenwood is a stand alone book in the Paranormal Council Universe. In this book, Kali a twenty year old necromancer who was raised by the order to be an assassin is sent to the palace to protect the prince from assassination. While at the palace Kali meets two of her soul mates. Soon after she has to make several decisions that will affect everyone she loves for the rest of their lives. This book is a suspense filled tale with lots of sensual romantic scenes between Kali ...more
Billie
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the game of life and death, no one wins.
Death's Choice is Kali's complete story and is a paranormal fantasy.

Really wonderful standalond novel that is also set in the Paranormal Council realm.
Great world building as always has gone into this story.
Rea
Melody
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kali, is finally given a mission to protect instead of destroy she has more challenges than she can ever dream of happening to her this was definitely a very interesting book I thoroughly enjoyed it,
It kept me on my toes kept my panties melting this is very interesting and intriguing book I definitely recommend this book it's a keeper

Ann Holden
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another different story, but short, from Laura Greenwood. Kali is a necromancer and assassin. She gets an unusual assignment to guard someone instead of killing him. She gets to meet her soulmates while she’s there. There are a few twists and a little mystery. A little steam and a lot of action and adventure. The characters are interesting. I want to know more about them. Good reading.

I received a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Anne Dwyer
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kali is a necromancer, and a reluctant assassin forced to kill on command. When she is given a job which means protecting a Prince's life, she is happy - but who is trying to kill Edward? And has her job description really been changed? What will happen when she finds her mates? Will he be able to truly save the prince after all? Love Laura's work!

Alethia
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quite the character journey to read about! Kali had some fun facets to discover and I loved her no nonsense attitude and devotion to those she cares about. It was fun to find the differences and similarities between all the guys. Court intrigue and a mystery to be solved provided some edge of your seat moments that had me glued to this book. I had a lot of fun reading it!

Andrea Green
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really good stand alone novel from the Paranormal Council universe about a young woman who is forced to work for n assassin to protect her own secret from becoming public as it would mean her death. Normally she hates her bob but then she gets a cushy assignment to protect the prince by pretending to be his fiance how ever things dont exactly go to plan. Full of unexpected twists and turns this book was a really enjoyable read.
Molly
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sometimes unwilling assassin finally has a shot at something different.

The world she has become a part of is hot, and unexpected in many ways. The biggest threat to her now might just be her own reputation as a skilled killer.

Love and lust do not make anyone invulnerable to pain.

Intense reverse harem.

Michelle
Shelves: 2019, booksprout-arc, arc
Deaths Choice is a reverse harem standalone set in the Paranormal Council Universe. There's a lot going on in this story and it held my attention from the first page until the last. I like how strong Kali is and how she has a good heart no matter what horrible things she has done. This book has it all action, danger, drama, romance, steam, magic, mystery and some twists that make this a great read. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Reena
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Death's Choice" is another wonderful standalone story set in the Paranormal Council universe! Fans of Laura Greenwood will definitely love this one. As with all her stories, it is well-written, action-packed, full of mystery, suspense and romance, wonderful and well defined characters and all this in a quick read. I highly recommend it!

Riley
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a brilliant, steamy, wonderful story about trust, friendship, duty, loyalty, morals, intrigue, magic, hope, and love. The characters were phenomenal, the love scenes were sweet, spicy, and 100% cheese-free, and the plot was clever and full of twists. It ended in a well deserved HEA, but I’d be thrilled to get to read more about Kali, Daneel, Henry, and Charles in the future.

I received a free copy of Death’s Choice, but that did not affect my review.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Love reverse harems and Laura knows how to do them in a short package. This was perfect for a couple hours to relax and also live in a fantasy world. Love this universe and how Kali comes to meet her mates while also trying to prove herself and keep her own secrets.

Elvira
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from the first turn of the page. The characters are well developed and engaging and the storyline is well written with plenty going on that kept me turning the pages. The author did a great job keeping the storyline flowing smoothly.

Elizabeth McDaniel
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and interesting read for Kali the assassin. On this new assignment which is different because she’s protecting the charge instead of assassinating them, she meets her soul mates. Not one but three. And with the addition of the third one things change drastically.

Trina
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy read short story. The heroine, a Necromancer, is not really happy with her life being controlled by the order to assassinate people. When the opportunity arises to change this she does with the help of 3 fated mates. More to be told of this story I hope there is a follow up book.

Christina Luberts
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short story about Kali a necromancer. We have some action that will want to keep you reading. She kills for the Order, but than one day she is ordered to protect. What is going on? What will she do when she has meet her soulmate? How many can you really have, she has more?

The Paranormal Co...: New Release: Death's Choice 1 2 Sep 13, 2019 02:26PM

• Prowling their Mate (Perfect Pairs, #1)
  • Sentinels of Oz (Emerald City Academy #1)
  • Hellfire (Fortuna Academy, #2)
  • Pandora's Academy
  • Stranger (Academy of Peculiars #1)
  • Sorta Seized By The Alien (Marauder Mates, #1)
  • Everything a Rogue Desires
  • My Alien's Baby (Draci, #2)
  • Totally Taken By The Alien (Marauder Mates #2)
  • Lost King (The Chosen, #3)
  • Mistle Tie Me (Shifting Hearts Dating App, #1)
  • Blood Curse
  • The Rescue (The Chosen, #4)
  • Ja'Vel (Tales From The Athenaverse)
  • Curse of Stone (Academy of the Damned, #1)
  • The Gingerbread Man (Sinful Sweets, #1)
  • Purrr (Catnip Assassins, #3)
  • Zuvok (Brides to Beasts #1)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here: