Start by marking “The Love Hypothesis” as Want to Read:
The Love Hypothesis

The Love Hypothesis

Physics genius Caro Kerber-Murphy knows she’s smart. With straight As and a college scholarship already in the bag, she’s meeting her two dads’ colossal expectations and then some. But there’s one test she’s never quite been able to ace: love. And when, in a particularly desperate moment, Caro discovers a (definitely questionable) scientific breakthrough that promises to ...more
Paperback
Expected publication: March 5th 2020 by Electric Monkey

To ask other readers questions about The Love Hypothesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Hypothesis

Start your review of The Love Hypothesis
Alice Oseman
A sweet, funny, and delightfully nerdy queer rom-com about a girl, desperate to gain more romantic attention from her peers, who starts taking some probably dodgy pills off the internet that boost her sex pheromones and make her irresistible to everyone around her. Hilarity plus some sincere discussions about consent, sexuality, and science ensue. Plus some really excellent gay dads. Laura Steven's writing never fails to make me laugh!
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
*picks up phone* yes hello, publishers? Do you accept occult sacrifices in return for copies of currently unpublished books? Bc I need this
Silvia
Jul 25, 2019 marked it as anticipated-2020
Shelves: 2020-march
Bi! Romcom!
Kathy - Books & Munches
Jan 31, 2020 marked it as to-read
So.. uh.. since I adore Laura Steven's sarcasm and innuendos.. I just have to get my hands on a copy of this book okay. HAVE TO.
Sasha
Jul 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
all i know is "unapologetically bi" and i am screamfully excite
Holly
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to @electricmonkeybooks for kindly sending me a copy of this! I loved it
My thoughts: I loved this read!! It was such a lovely, funny read about Caro trying to understand love. This book made me laugh out loud on many occasions and was just such a fun read . I LOVED and admired Caro so much and loved her friendship with Keiko and Gabriela. I saw so much of myself in Caro and related with her so much as a character. Another fav character was 'Vati' (one of Caro's HILARIOUS dads -
Charlotte Burns
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laura has done it again. This book is amazing. I loved the characters, the story and the brilliant way it explores consent. And I shipped the couple in this so hard.
Bee Jay
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read Laura Steven before, but I definitely will look for her other YA titles now. The main character feels very real. I don't know about you, but when I was in school I constantly felt overlooked and ignored in favour of other people. The only difference is it didn't really bother me; I'm such an introvert, I actually preferred it, usually. But I do understand and have felt that desperate 'I'm here, I'm here, pay attention to me!' feeling.

I loved that a lot of the reason her life
Jo McKenna-Aspell
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I wish I’d read the other reviews before selecting this book because then I’d have realised it is A SAMPLER!

I’m very frustrated which is a compliment because I really want to read more. Any protagonist who describes her inner thighs as “ground beef steak” following an impromptu 2 mile sprint is a character I can spend more time with.

The premise is curious and I’d like to see how the notion of an intoxicating pheromone drug plays out. The sample I’ve read is also gloriously crass - it
Steph
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is proper triumph: funny, meaningful, clever. I’ve proper cackled, cried and learned things. I wanna hug this book and it’s characters: they’re just incredible. A massive shout out to the dads - they’re the best. There is SO MUCH OF ME in Caro that this hit close to home at times. Reading some of this was like reading my own thoughts. This books just brilliant. It’s funny, it’s full of love in all its guises.
Sifa Poulton
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. It has not affected my opinions

A hilarious read about love, consent and friendship. My favourite character was prankster and general loveable oddball Vati
Heidi
Jan 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
I've just read the chapter sampler on NetGalley and as soon as I've finished writing this, I'm going to find a way to pre-order this. I need to find out what happens next ...more
Imi (Imi Reviews Books)
Hello this book arrived in the post today and I read it in one 3.5 hour sitting and it’s fucking phenomenal thank you and goodnight
Dave Sloan
Daiane
sophie
Steve Blank
Jul 15, 2019

• Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • If Only I Could Tell You
  • Hold Back the Tide
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • And The Stars Were Burning Brightly (And The Stars Were Burning Brightly, #1)
  • Sam Wu is Not Afraid of Zombies
  • The Hunting Party
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Run, Rebel
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • The Between
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
Laura Steven is an author, journalist and screenwriter from the northernmost town in England. The Exact Opposite of Okay, her YA debut, was published by Egmont in March 2018. The sequel, A Girl Called Shameless, will follow in 2019.

As well as mentoring aspiring authors through schemes like Pitch Wars, Laura works for Mslexia, a non-profit organisation supporting women writers. She graduated with