Start by marking “Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 (Sailor Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 (Sailor Moon, #1)

Sailor Moon, Vol. 1

(美少女戦士セーラームーン / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon #1)

Librarian's note: There is an Alternate Cover Edition for this edition of this book here.

One of the most-beloved of all Japanese manga titles, Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon has enthralled millions of readers worldwide since its debut in book form in early 1992. When Usagi Tsukino adopts a stray cat, she gets more than she bargains for The talking cat, Luna, informs Usagi th
Published January 1st 2003 by Tokyopop (first published July 6th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Sailor Moon, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Elisabeth You probably have to read it backwards, sort of. Like, instead of reading from left to right, you have to go start at the end of the book and read…moreYou probably have to read it backwards, sort of. Like, instead of reading from left to right, you have to go start at the end of the book and read from top right to left.(less)
Jensen I'd say it's YA, because there are some things that would have to be discussed with a children audience, and it's usually marketed to teens. I loved…moreI'd say it's YA, because there are some things that would have to be discussed with a children audience, and it's usually marketed to teens. I loved it, and it could probably work for other ages. (less)

Lainey
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The nostalgia is so real. I'm reading the '98 English translation versions because that is what I grew up with. So as I re-read this, essentially all of them will be 5-star because 7 year old Lainey won't allow me to rate them any less.
♆Hayley (TheVillainousReader)
FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT *Sailor V kick and strikes a pose*

description

I've been worshipping Sailor Moon pretty much my whole life. I remember watching it on Saturdays and picking the movies out at the movie store (when those were still a thing). Safe to say, I'm a Sailor Moon freak and while I love the anime (the Japanese version of course, though they did redo the english version and took out all the censorship, their American names, etc, which I'm very happy about) I knew to be a true sailor-moon-is-my
April
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Magica fans, children who want a good childhood

description

Sailor Moon without a doubt made most of my childhood sparkle. I remember dressing up as Tuxedo Mask for Halloween one time and praying for a magica girl to serenade (hello, high school sexuality problems). I also remember acting out the transformation sequences with all of the merchandise I was able purchase with my measly allowance. Everything was just so colourful and magic; more than anything I wanted to be a badass Sailor Scout.
I'm not really able to critique Sailor Moon exactly because it
Jo
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I was one of those kids, that didn't grow up, watching the anime of Sailor Moon. Nonetheless, I had a vague idea of what it was about, the characters involved, and the fact it is so popular, doesn't surprise me at all. I'll admit, I went into this first book of the series, with kind of average expectations,but I have been rather pleasantly surprised.
Sailor moon, for me, is like eating a vanilla cream cupcake. The story was light, and kind of fluffy, but the powers the girls had, made me enjoy it
Irena
Oct 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I watched Sailor Moon right when I returned from Hungary to live in the post-war Bosnia. We didn't have electricity so my father would start up the electricity generator so that sis and I could watch Sailor Moon. I've seen the German, dubbed version and I think they did a great job. Sailor Moon was called Bunny and it sounds OK to me even now, so many years later.
Apart from teaching me right from wrong, it was a really well done anime perfectly suitable for little girls: romance, friendship, fi
Rebecca McNutt
description

Reading Sailor Moon takes me way back! Born in the Nineties, most girls (and even some guys) in my generation was into either The Powerpuff Girls, The Winx Club or Sailor Moon. I was definitely a Sailor Moon fan, but I had no idea that there was a whole graphic novel series! It's from 1992, it's old - now I feel old because the last time I even watched Sailor Moon I was four years old, in 2001 - wow, this is nostalgic. Anyway, amazing book, I'll definitely be reading the rest in the series. :)
Starbubbles
Sep 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, classics
I got all 11 Sailor Moon books in the mail on the 14th, and when i was finally able get around to reading them, I devowered them. I loved every moment of every single book. It was just as good, if not better than the anime. Though, everytime I saw "In the name of the moon, you're punished," I read it as "On behalf of the moon, I will punish you!" Ah, good ol' Sailor Moon! Plus, the theme song is one of my all time favorite theme songs. Now, if they could coordinate playing the theme song when yo ...more
Lara Mi

Review for complete series

Sailor Moon is a fundamental series of manga. Most manga fans and readers will have read it or at the very least be familiar with the character and plot. I was one of those who did not grow up with Sailor Moon; I never really saw the anime episodes and by the time I started to read the manga the Sailor Moon series was long out of print. Nonetheless, I had an idea of what the series was about, the characters and of course the fact that it was famous and very popular. By
La Mala ✌
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ya tengo 23 años pero todavìa la amo .
Idola en el manga como en la serie .
Lauren
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Story: Who does not love/want to be a young girl that one day out of the blue discovers you have magical powers and are going to fight the forces of evil to help the world? I know I certainly did! Serena, a somewhat whiny and dim witted girl is able to transform herself into Sailor Moon and along with the help of her friends is able to fight Queen Beryl and the rest of the goons. She also sparks up a love interest with Darien, a much older and smarter guy who seems miles out of her league! There ...more
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
People on this site seem to have a real love/hate relationship with Sailor Moon.

Personally, I've always been a fan. I watched the DIC dubbed anime when I was a kid, a few years ago I picked up the English subbed one to experience it in a new manner, and now that I am introducing to my 6 year old daughter, I picked up a few volumes of the manga. For nostalgia purposes. The art is beautiful, the story is as fun as I remembered, and the characters are loveable. It's a great fast read.
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nostalgia read. I blame Sailor Moon Crystal.
Ashley
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphic-novels
so fun. exactly what i needed to read right now. i love magical girl manga/anime. makes me wanna watch madoka magica again

(tuxedo mask kissed her when she was passed out tho??????)
Bibliophile Rose
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017, manga
God!! it reminds me when I was young! a little girl who's fan of Usagi . I remember watching this manga series and everytime when Usagi goes in a mission or when she fights I act like her. Moving just like her hoping my clothes will change. Ah!! I really miss those days.

So that's why I decided to read this series to remember my childhood's days. to refresh my memory 😍😍

Moon Prism Power
Shyames
Lektura zdecydowanie sentymentalna. Warto czasem wrócić do tytułów z dzieciństwa, nie tylko na nowo odkryć nieco już zapomniane historie ale też po prostu się zrelaksować. :)
Polskie wydanie niestety nie było idealne, ale te niedociągnięcia w tłumaczeniu przywołują raczej uśmiech na twarzy i pokazują tylko, jak bardzo zmieniła się jakość wydań w naszym kraju.
Bardzo boli jednak sposób wydania - pomimo, że jest to manga czyta się standardowo jak polską książkę - od lewej do prawej... :(
Sailor Moon Costume
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The very best memory of my childhood. I recommend it for everyone. 5 of 5 from me.
Alpispa
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es el primer manga que leo. Creo que voy a llorar de la emoción jaja De pequeña veía el anime, lo adoraba, de hecho poco a poco estoy volviendo a verlo porque me pudo la nostalgia, ¡y cómo estoy disfrutando de ello! Este primer tomo me ha encantado, hay cosas que la serie calcó del manga, otras que son un poco distintas, pero yo estoy más que encantada. He disfrutado como una enana, me lo he leído en un día y quiero más. Es verdad que hay cosas que suceden más repentinamente, pero vamos, la hist ...more
Petros
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
ENJOYMENT SECTION: 8/10
Ah, good ol’ pretty sailor warriors! Despite being the series most other mahou shoujo copied thereafter, it remains in the tops because very few managed to have its variety and vividness. Plus, I like it too.

ART SECTION: 7/10 [Bishoujos in Sailor Suits.]

Following the trend, the artwork is extremely shoujo, that means very breezy sketches and loose borders between frames. It looks very amateurish in the first part but along the way it improves considerably and towards the
Ally
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangaaaa
So, like, a one point, she uses her moon tiara to BEHEAD A DEMON. What the fuck.

I really need to read more of the series. Since I saw (most of) the first season of Crystal before reading this, most of it was familiar already. The surprising parts are the no-nonsense, bloodless violence.

Wherein the MONSTER OF THE WEEK IS BEHEADED while crumbling to dust.

And like, Mars seems to straight up vaporize one of the dudes that Berryl is controlling?? I don't even.

I'm kinda bummed that the english version
Sara
I reread this to avoid comfort eating while i was upset after breaking up with my boyfriend last week. I couldn't get enough of this in seventh grade, but rereading this 8 years later isn't quite the same. Its a little silly, repetitive, but enjoyable none the less. Definitely an excellent mindless read, especially when stressed (and healthier than eating a package of oreos!). :)
Katherine
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read all the volumes of Sailor Moon when it was released to us in English. This series was a huge love of my life years ago, and it still makes me nostalgic and happy to return to it.

忘れないわ, セーラームーン.
Iveth Martinez
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Desde niña vi Sailor Moon, incluso llegué a leer un par de cómics (herencia afortunada de mis hermanas mayores). Así que desde cuando tenía ganas de leer el manga.

Y debo decir que me fascinó: Usagi es una chica llorona y floja que reniega de tener que pelear, pero acepta su destino. Es una niña de 14 años que siente miedo, como todos: pero pese a ello, se intenta armar de valor y luchar. Es una lectura amena, divertida y entrañable.
Alexandra
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The time has come!
Judith
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powrót do dzieciństwa tak bardzo! Ocena nie może być inna <3
Zapomniałam już, jak to jest pięknie narysowane.
Kimmie
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
It is no secret that this title is a genre defining one in it's own right, both inside and outside of Japan. Many will remember waking up in the 90's to watch the Sailor Moon anime show that would air, a moment from childhood for many fans that they still remember. But the manga series is where it all began.

This is one of my favourite manga series, and remains so even today. Takeuchi creates a lovely story that teaches about friendship, loyalty, strength and never giving in. She creates a group
Kendall
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, though it was hard to follow because they smushed all the panels together. I really liked the story and Luna!
Evey
I've been a Sailor Moon fan since I was four or five years old. I still am, at almost twenty five. The art is so cute and pretty, and the characters are adorable, each in their own way.
Chloe (QuothTheBookLover)
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the art style of this manga and I really enjoyed the story. Usagi really irritated me in the first half but she got better as she got used to what she was doing.

I live for Tuxedo Mask.
Gláucia Renata
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Estou lendo a pedido de minha filha que é fã da personagem. Quem não gosta de ter com quem trocar ideia sobre suas leituras preferidas?
O mangá é bem fofinho mas ainda estou entrando no mundo da personagem. São muitas "sailors”que vão surgindo a cada ato e ainda estou com dificuldade de distinguir quem é quem.

Histórico de leitura
01/04/2019

"Por que a mamãe não me acordou mais cedo? Que droga! Buaááá... Já estou indo!"
Caitlin
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I loved this. I remember a little from when I watched it when I was younger to have this nostalgic feeling whilst reading but had forgotten enough, that there are twist and turns. I really enjoyed this, time to watch the first couple of episodes from the anime!
YouTube Anime/Man...: Sailor Moon Discussion 14 15 May 11, 2017 09:26AM
A Sky Full of Books: Sailor Moon! 1 5 Jan 07, 2015 07:41AM
Anime/Manga Couples: Sailor Moon 2014 Anime 3 16 Jun 21, 2014 07:29PM
Josei and Seinen ...: Naoko Takeuchi's Inspiration 1 22 Sep 16, 2013 03:44PM

• Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 1 (Alice 19th, #1)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 1: To Till
  • Full Moon o Sagashite, Vol. 1
Naoko Takeuchi (武内 直子, Takeuchi Naoko) born March 15, 1967, a manga artist (mangaka), lives in Tokyo, Japan. Takeuchi's works have a wide following among anime/manga fans. She has become a well-known mangaka worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga/anime figures to date.

Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of the YuYu Hakusho se

美少女戦士セーラームーン / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Sailor Moon, #2 (Sailor Moon, #2)
  • Sailor Moon, #3 (Sailor Moon, #3)
  • Sailor Moon, #4 (Sailor Moon, #4)
  • Sailor Moon, #5 (Sailor Moon, #5)
  • Sailor Moon, #6 (Sailor Moon, #6)
  • Sailor Moon, #7 (Sailor Moon, #7)
  • Sailor Moon, #8 (Sailor Moon, #8)
  • Sailor Moon, #9 (Sailor Moon, #9)
  • Sailor Moon, #10 (Sailor Moon, #10)
  • Sailor Moon, #11 (Sailor Moon, #11)
“Who wants that? I'd rather choose to fall in love and be hurt. Sometimes I can't even sleep because I love someone too much. And there's always sadness in our lives. It's that sad feeling that keeps us going. - Usagi/Sailor Moon” 111 likes
“I won't let you take advantage of women! Here's the Mars Power flame of anger! (ROAR) I'll punish you in high heels!"
- Rei/Sailor Mars”