Start by marking “The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity” as Want to Read:
The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity

The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity

Associate research fellow at the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, Jason Thacker, helps us navigate our digital age in this thoughtful exploration of the social, moral, and ethical challenges of our ongoing interactions with artificial intelligence.

Alexa, how is AI changing our world? We interact with artificial intelligence, or AI, nearly every moment of the day wi
Published March 3rd 2020 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about The Age of AI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Age of AI

Start your review of The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity
Ghadeer Hussein
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Informative and insightful book about AI and its impact on society and how it is changing human interactions.
The ethical impact of AI is one of the interesting and thought provoking points raised by this book. How will the wars look like with the expansion of using AI.
George P.
Popular thinking about artificial intelligence (AI) alternates between the utopian and dystopian. Will our future be like the 1999 film Bicentennial Man, in which a robot becomes human over the course of 200 years? Or will it be like the 1984 movie The Terminator, in which a cyborg assassin travels back in time to kill the mother of the man who will prevent an AI-initiated nuclear holocaust?

Perhaps the future will be a little of both. As Jason Thacker demonstrates in The Age of AI, humanity is t
Taylor Barkley
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fine introduction to AI, theology, and ethics for those who are looking for a place to start. It’s brief and very readable! The chapter on privacy adds much needed treatment to an underdeveloped body of writing and thought on the subject from a Christian perspective.
Alistair Chalmers
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Artificial intelligence is not a topic that I've looked into much, I'm not great with technology. But this is an area that Christians must become aware of and engage with.

In this book you'll hear of some of the progresses that have been made with AI, it goes much wider than one might initially think. AI is involved in banking, medicine, warfare, work and even in our homes. So it's pretty important!

This book explores the benefits, limitations and dangers of AI. The fundamental conviction is that
Seth Woodley
This book is thoughtful and filled with practical wisdom for the present and the future. Thacker explains AI in a way that anyone can understand, and he examines the way it could affect a variety of areas in our lives and societies. There is something in here for everyone, and this book will serve as a helpful guide for years to come.
Sarah Robbins
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for believers wanting to engage with the current trends in technology.
Grant Humphreys
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Good overview of the evolution of A.I., how it impacts society and culture, and how we should ethically leverage it for the flourishing of mankind. This is one of the few books that I’ve come across that approaches A.I. from a Christian worldview and applies truth from scripture to the subject.
Austin
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: technology
This was a surprisingly simplistic treatment of the A.I. issue. I was definitely expecting better, since Jason Thacker brings considerable credentials to the table. But I found Bible verses shallowly or dubiously applied, cliched questions, and not particularly insightful answers to those questions. I did finish the book, but it was out of sheer self-discipline and respect for the person who recommended the book to me, not on the merit of the book itself.
Mam
Jun 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I read only a couple of paragraphs, sorry - not what I had thought.
Isaac Whitney
Jason Tiearney
Nov 11, 2020

• One Assembly: Rethinking the Multisite and Multiservice Church Models
  • Divided We Fall: America's Secession Threat and How to Restore Our Nation
  • The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self: Cultural Amnesia, Expressive Individualism, and the Road to Sexual Revolution
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (From a Certain Point of View, #2)
  • Recovering from Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: How the Church Needs to Rediscover Her Purpose
  • The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom
  • Mother to Son: Letters to a Black Boy on Identity and Hope
  • The Other Worldview: Exposing Christianity's Greatest Threat
  • Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers
  • Akin
  • How to Be an Antiracist
  • Personal (Jack Reacher, #19)
  • Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety
  • Staggering Along With God: An interview biography
  • Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder
  • The Accidental Honeymoon
Jason Thacker serves as Associate Research Fellow and Creative Director at The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. He is the author of The Age of AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity with Zondervan (March 2020). He writes and speaks on various topics including human dignity, ethics, technology, and artificial intelligence. He is a graduate ...more

News & Interviews