Start by marking “Hope Springs Eternal (Brides of Hope Hollow, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Springs Eternal (Brides of Hope Hollow, #2)

Hope Springs Eternal (Brides of Hope Hollow, #2)

Carving out a new life in Oregon isn’t for the faint of heart. Neither is becoming a mail-order bride.

For 35-year-old Susannah Eversoll, starting over after her husband’s suicide, not to mention betrayal, is what she feels the need to do. So she arranges for herself and her grown daughter, Melissa, to become mail-order brides farther west in the town of Hope Hollow,
Kindle Edition
Published January 30th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hope Springs Eternal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Springs Eternal

Start your review of Hope Springs Eternal (Brides of Hope Hollow, #2)
Vickie
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I must confess that historical romance is not usually the genre that I choose to read, but the premise of the book enticed me to read it. Susannah Eversoll’s husband of twenty years committed suicide, so she reluctantly offers to be a mail-order bride, taking her adult daughter Melissa to Oregon with her. Once there, Susannah fulfills her obligation to marry David, but she seems resigned to live without love and to take care of his two rambunctious boys whom she was not prepared to care for. One ...more
Vibliophile
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) - Putting the past behind them

I really liked the first book, "A Glimmer of Hope" with Melissa & Garrett. So I was happy to see that the author has written one for Susannah & David now.

Susannah & her daughter Melissa both lost their first husbands who they learned were criminals. They became mail order brides to get away from the scandal and start over in Hope Hollow. Susannah has been struggling with the trauma of her first husband's death.

Susannah & David (who is
Tammie B
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of hope, healing, and love
- Living and loving can be hard! Living through the death of a spouse or dealing with suicide are hard things. Loving someone for who they really are can be almost impossible. Susannah not only had to deal with the shame and guilt of losing her first husband to crime and suicide, but she then had to mourn for him. Though she loved him she still had to come to terms with who and what he really was. David adored his first wife and wanted that again but
Nyla
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hope Springs Eternal by Julia Ridgmont is a delightful historical romance. I was immediately invested in the story and had a hard time putting it down. Even though it is book #2 of the Brides of Hope Hollow, I had no trouble following along. I am eager to read book #1 now!

The characters are well rounded and relatable. Expect sound twists and turns along the way to make the book even more interesting. The author has a beautiful style of writing that drew me in and took me away to a time and place
Betty Vander Wier
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an heart wrenching, grab your Kleenex kind of story, I couldn’t put it down. Julia Ridgmont did an outstanding job of portraying love and faith triumphing over the bad things in life.
This story touched me so deeply, Julia touched on a sensitive subject and wrote it with such professionalism. She is to be commended for that.,

I didn’t want to spoil this amazing story so I won’t write any spoilers. I will say, this is a book you will want to read.
Shonda
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story! Fabulous series, although can be read as a stand alone. The characters are so easy to like that they just pull you in. I loved how easy the story flowed, I just couldn’t but this book down! So excited for the next book in this series.
Was given a complimentary copy. All opinions are my own.
Carol Jarrett
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

I really enjoyed reading this book. The story flowed nicely and the characters strong. Very well written and hard to put down. I loved this book and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Barbara
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love lost

Hope Hollow's couple Susannah and David Stratton are struggling in their new marriage as their previous marriages haunt them. But when tragedy strikes David has to firefighters with his life and this author brilliantly brings Susannah back to him.
Earlene Click
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
David and Susannah

This is a sweet exciting, adventurous, mail order bride love story written by Julia Ridgmont. She has done a very good job creating the plot and the characters. You will enjoy discovering how David and Susannah find their happily ever after.
Janet Swiftbird
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Memories forgotten

A nice continuation to the series.
Wonderful and interesting characters with a very nice storyline.
Follow Susanne as she remembers her past.
Anita Rohn
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hope

Secrets and mystery and trying to find a place of security. Wounded by incidents and the upheaval of losing family leads two people to try and put a family together.
Paulette
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book with love and mystery intertwined. I loved the strong characters and the love story! Great book !
Stacey Head
Theresa
Feb 06, 2020
G. Hiney
Feb 07, 2020

• Absentminded Amelia (Mail Order Brides Rescue Series Book 8)
  • Ruth: A Needful Bride (Brides of Needful Texas Book 5)
  • A Liberating Love (Keepers of the Light Book 3)
  • Remember Fate (Healing Hearts #4)
  • The Girlfriend Rescue (Disaster City Search and Rescue)
  • Florence (Bridgette's Bridal Registry Book 2)
  • Molly's New Song (Brides of Pelican Rapids Book 5)
  • Promenade with Penelope (The Matchmaker's Ball Book 5)
  • Ellery's Eden (Tales from Biders Clump Book 12)
  • Wyatt's Pretend Pledge: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 5)
  • Last Dance with Letha (The Matchmaker's Ball Book 4)
  • Abigail (Once Upon A Church House Book 1)
  • Raven's Rebel (The Pistol Ridge Series Book 6)
  • A Fresh Start for Christmas (Spinster Mail-Order Brides #14)
  • A Bride for Adam (The Proxy Brides Book 33)
  • Lawfully Heroic: Inspirational K9 Contemporary (A Military Police Lawkeeper Romance)
  • Christmas with an Alaskan Man (An Alaskan Romance Series, #3)
  • Merry's Mission (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides Book 4)