Start by marking “Fenegyerek - Sárga” as Want to Read:
Fenegyerek - Sárga

Fenegyerek - Sárga

(The Color Series #1)

„NEM AZ A LÉNYEG, HOGY KERÜL PADLÓRA AZ EMBER, HANEM AZ, HOGYAN ÁLL FEL ONNAN.”

Ez volt Bunyós Jack Murdock ökölvívó életfilozófiája, és ő eszerint is élt.
Ám Bunyós Jacket meggyilkolják.Matt Murdock édesapjának erőszakos halála olyan eseménysort indít el,amely során New York City városában új szuperhős lép színre: a vak, ám emberfölötti érzékeléssel és akrobatikus képessége
Published 2019 by Fumax (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fenegyerek - Sárga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fenegyerek - Sárga

Start your review of Fenegyerek - Sárga
Alejandro
Here comes Daredevil!!!

This TPB edition collects “Daredevil: Yellow” #1-6, along with a new introduction by Stan Lee, and a sketchbook gallery.

Creative Team:

Writer: Jeff Loeb

Artist: Tim Sale

Colors: Matt Hollingsworth

WHEN THINGS WERE SIMPLER

…I guess… I Haven’t really thought about it… but the ones in costume never used to kill anybody…

Since Matt Murdock aka Daredevil has been wearing his trademark all red costume for so many years, it’s not rare that people tend to forget that his fir
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
"The measure of a man is not in how he gets knocked to the mat, it is in how he gets up."

In this book we get the roots of Daredevil's story. His prize fighter father is his hero and he does his best to live up to his expectations. After something bad happens he starts a law firm with his friend Foggy. They hire Karen-who they both fall head over heels for.

I agree with my friend Anne that this book reads as more of a love letter to Karen than anything.

We do get the reason of the costume color ch
Anne
I guess this is a pretty decent originish story. It's more emotional than action-packed, so it wasn't exactly a page-turner. It read more like a love letter to the character than anything else.

description

I'm definitely not an expert on Daredevil, but this didn't really make me want to run out and catch up on all the back issues. However, it didn't sour me on him, either.
For me, this was just ok.
Daniel
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The color Marvel series continues with Daredevil Yellow by the same creative team.

It is mostly a recap of his origin story, and in the midst of all that, he meets Karen Page for the first time.
In each issue, Daredevil fights someone else, and along the way, he gets to know Karen better.
Yet again, it's set in the 60s, and it is a mishmash of tone between seriousness and campiness.

For the most part, it was ok.
I kind of prefer Frank Miller's Daredevil The Man Out of Fear origin story better.

2.5/5
Donovan
Sep 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Well, that was dumb.

I think I just read my first bad Daredevil story. I respect what Loeb and Sale try to do. But the Devil is red and he lives in Hell's Kitchen, that's his schtick. Changing that, and doing it poorly, seems like a fuck up.

My biggest complaint is that Jeph Loeb's writing lacks the emotional charge of earlier DD stories. He also needs to do a mini-series without retelling the origin. Leave the origin alone and tell your story. How many times do we have to tweak an origin?

The dia
Dimitris
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the early 2000s, Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale revisited the defining moments of three Marvel superheroes (Spider-Man, Daredevil and Hulk) in three color-coded mini-series. Daredevil Yellow is the second story I read after Spider-Man Blue so my expectations weren’t so big. Don’t get me wrong I consider Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale one of the best dynamic duo of comics but the truth is that I didn’t like Spider-Man Blue very much. Nevertheless I really liked this story! Ok Blue and Yellow have sim
Martin
One of the strongest Loeb/Sale collaborations, this is another one I keep going back to. With all the gritty, street-level shenanigans that happened recently to Matt Murdock/Daredevil, this book offers a comforting look at a bygone era, where no one really got hurt, and the mood was much lighter.

As with the other "colour" books of Loeb & Sale (the others being Spider-Man: Blue, Hulk: Gray, and [the aborted] Captain America: White), the structure of the story is a letter written by the hero to hi
James DeSantis
This was...good. This is kind of a odd book because it's pretty uplifting most of it. Yes, it's a retelling of Matt's origins or first few months as Daredevil but a lot...happier? Basically after pops is killed Matt decides to become Daredevil. Odd enough he's much older in this version when his father dies and he seeks out vengeance through stopping crime.

This volume really focuses on Matt as a character. He seems more sure of himself, he seems happier (which is weird if you know Matt), and hi
Shannon
A refresh of the earliest of Daredevil tales dealing with the main character's father first and then how he became a superhero and his first love interest, Karen Page. Of course Froggy, his best friend, is also in this tale.

It's pretty basic and shows how Daredevil's outfit was first yellow and then for a fairly good reason changed to red.

I would recommend this one to Daredevil fans like myself but if you're going to check him out for the first time there are better presentations, like the Bruba
Robert
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those Who Dare to Feel Devil-May-Care (If You Get Caught Reading a Comic @ Work)
Shelves: hoopla, marvel
Nice work, Mr. Loeb! I felt a real connection to the Netflix series' handling of Battlin' Jack Murdock, etc., and the Matt-Karen-Foggy crazy love triangle.

And Tim Sale, as always, does not disappoint in the least when it comes to the crackling early '60s inspired art.

Kurt
Jul 23, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I guess if a story isn't going to go anywhere at all, it may as well have an emotionally powerful framing device, deliberately stylized visuals, and decent dialogue. This book does have that, as Daredevil writes a series of letters to Karen Page after her death (which is not described for new readers, although longtime fans will recognize the oblique references here and there) and reminisces about their first meetings. The art is a Valentine to 1950s NYC, as characters gather at a supper club an ...more
Gavin
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
An origin refresh for DD except this is more of a nostalgic look back at the past/early days. DD/MM is writing a letter to Karen Page, his first love, to express his feelings as suggested by Foggy. She's long dead but we see her fresh new appearance in their lives and what it does for both. We see the events leading up to the death of Battling Jack Murdock and how it inspires Matt to take up the Daredevil persona (and the yellow of the costume, as well as why it went to red later). It's a good s ...more
Asghar Abbas
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another winner from the creator of Long Halloween. Fantastic. Actually, this graphic novel was a birthday gift to my brother. From me. But I sneakpeaked it, hehe.

And, actually actually, I reread it after watching the Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil's third and final season. With that same brother.
Jedhua
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Other Useful Reviews: Jeff Lanter's review, Yuuhy's review, and Topher's review

Book Info: This collection contains Daredevil: Yellow issues #1-6.

ABSOLUTE RATING: {2.5+/5 stars}

STANDARDIZED RATING: <3/5 stars>

"I had promised my Dad I would never be an uneducated 'pug' like him. He wanted me to be a lawyer and I made good on that. But it wasn't enough. I had seen how the law – which I still steadfastly believed in – wasn't always the same as justice. Battling Jack Murdock raised me to be a fig
Scott Sigler
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Lovely storytelling that touched me deeply. Even though I know the story of Foggy and Matt, the way they spun this story had me riveted.
Chelsea &#x1f3f3;️‍&#x1f308;
Re-read.

I liked this a little more this time around.

The art for this book is probably my favorite out the series. The color schemes, the layouts for Matt's fight scenes and Karen Page's expressions are fantastic! This book is dark when it needs to be but overall, it's the brightest of the series.

The story in this book is the best of the three, in my opinion. It delves into how Matt became Daredevil, how he met Karen and their first introduction to the Owl. There are enough fight scenes to keep
Kit
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really more of a 4.5/5, this Daredevil story may be perfect, if I am in the right mood.

I have always been fond of this team, but rarely do I find them more effective than I do here. Daredevil: Yellow is written so beautifully, and, I might add, tactfully, that it feels as refresh and foggy as an autumn rain at the same time. There is a near-perfect marriage between art and text that I feel would allow the book an excellent stand-alone status.

I think what I appreciate most about Yellow is the ma
Cara
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _comics
A telling of the origins of Matt Murdocks first foray into the world of crim fighting as Daredevil and meeting, and falling in love, with Karen Page. Told through letters to his lost love.

The art was brilliant. All the characters look different and were ery detailed. I personally loved the look of Karen, in a fighter stance, regailing Matt about her run in with Daredevil.

The story was full of meloncolly and humor. Well written and leaving very little wasted words.

Overall this is a great read and
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm obsessed with the Netflix show so I picked this up. I'm glad I did, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep going with Daredevil comics after this. I like it when female characters are treated like people, not objects to win back and forth. Also Foggy was even more annoying in this book than he was in the show, which is really saying something. ...more
Fox
Man, what a book.

My friend picked this book up back in February and mentioned it to me as a very good Daredevil read so I was eager to get my hands on it. Thankfully, my library had it, so it wasn't too difficult a book to get. I'm really happy that I did. Jeff Loeb has a fine way of writing comics in a more Silver Age style without, you know, actually being Silver Age.

The stories take place after the death of Karen Page as Matt is trying to come to terms with losing the woman he loved. Not tha
Wing Kee
Great art, solid retelling.

World: The best thing about this book is Sale’s art, it’s a thing all it’s own and the beautiful framing and the character expressions makes this a beautiful book to look at, add Hollingsworth’s colours and it’s near perfect. The world building here is solid, it’s a retelling of Matt’s origins and it’s done well, it’s tied to Karen which at the time when this was released is a big deal and honestly still a big deal for Matt as it’s one of the things that Marvel did not
Scott
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice companion piece (though not intended to be) with Miller & Romita's grittier 'Man Without Fear,' which I coincidentally read and enjoyed a week earlier.

I found 'Yellow' to be quietly heartfelt, with appropriate equal doses of action, humor and melancholy. If someone can take a known or oft-retold story and make it seem new, fresh and/or entertaining (I think it hit all three marks) I considered that to be a home run.

"Fwip" "Snag" "Floop!" "Pow!" indeed.
Sud666
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The Loeb/Sale combo has created some of the best Batman stories out there. They bring their considerable talents to Daredevil.

This is an origin story. We learn about how Murdock's father was killed and what motivated Matt to become Daredevil. Since this is an origin story, Daredevil wears the original Yellow uniform. It also tells the story of how Matt and Foggy started their law firm and met the infamous Karen Page. It also has an excellent tidbit about why Daredevil changed his uniform to Red.
Chris Greensmith
The Marvel Colour Series is great, I found Hulk Gray first them the rest. They are more of an emotional letter to the many loves off our superheroes and are rather tragic. Daredevil Yellow, plays as a bit of an origin story as well as dealing with the losses of Karen. The are and story telling is great...
Brijesh Kartha
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful tale

A simple tale beautifully woven and crafted, well written and well illustrated. We go through the beginning days of Daredevil through the perspective of his feelings for Karen. A must have book for the Daredevil fan. I read it on the iPad Kindle app and it was a nice experience.
Himanshu Karmacharya
The entire "color" series from Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale has been fantastic. Daredevil: Yellow belongs among the best in the series. Tim Sale has his own art style which I find beautiful. Jeph Loeb writes very beautifully and the emotional, tragic parts are done magnificently. He reminds us about the days of past when things were simpler, days when everybody used to love comic books. ...more
Adam M
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla-app
*Long read ahead... Ye be Warned* description

It was brought to my attention (thanks Anne!) that I didn't have a review/rating listed for this book. This must then be a title from my life B.G.R. before GoodReads. This realization prompted me to reread the book before reviewing it as I remember really enjoy it, but couldn't pin down the details. This was fortuitous, because I also learned that my feelings about this title have changed.

Backstory no one asked for: I had a personal comic book renaissance
Wakizashi
This is a strange one. Jeff Loeb and Tim Sale pen a tale from the early days of Daredevil's journey. Part origin story, it focuses on the burgeoning relationship between Matt Murdock and Karen Page. But it is written looking back on their relationship. Matt is in love with Karen, Karen has fallen for Daredevil, and Foggy is stuck in the middle.

The main problem is that there is very little character development apart from Matt Murdock's. We have no idea who Karen is beyond her starting to work f
Mike
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a soft spot for Daredevil, and an appreciation for Loeb, so I dug this book quite a bit. It's so simple at it's core, but that lends itself to the nature of Daredevil. No flying, no suit of armor, no mutant powers. He and his stories have mostly been grounded, and it's the characterization that packs a punch. In this story in particular, it's a lot of what ISN'T said or shown that hits home. Well done. ...more
Shivam Kalra
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is beautiful. It's like a story of Daredevil between the Origin and the full-time profession as Daredevil. The reader is thrown in the middle of Matt's life and we step out of it with no closure, leaving you open to want more. Quite surprised it is a stand-alone novel. Furthermore, it's a love letter written by Jeph Loeb as Daredevil. Every bit worth the hype this book has in its name. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev: Ultimate Collection, Book 2
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 7
  • Black Widow
  • Marvel Boy
Joseph "Jeph" Loeb III is an Emmy and WGA nominated American film and television writer, producer and award-winning comic book writer. Loeb was a Co-Executive Producer on the NBC hit show Heroes, and formerly a producer/writer on the TV series Smallville and Lost.

A four-time Eisner Award winner and five-time Wizard Fan Awards winner (see below), Loeb's comic book career includes work on many major

The Color Series (4 books)
  • Spider-Man: Blue
  • Hulk: Gray
  • Captain America: White

News & Interviews

“La valeur d'un homme n'est pas dans la manière dont il tombe, mais dont il se relève !” 2 likes
“Fiatalon az ember azt hiszi, örökké él.” 1 likes